Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693173 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#436956 May 2, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says..........Christ promised His Church would be protected from error.
Michael says.......then why would God attach his name to an organization that has had 1700 years of sexual abuse against our children, and the clergy who did not abuse lied and covered up the sins for those that did abuse.
Where was the holy spirit when all these raped children needed him, and as you know it still goes on in your church today?
UNBELIEVABLE!
... and they all broke the infallible teachings of the Catholic Church.
Christ never promised he'd remove sin from Catholics. I hope that's not what you really thought.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#436957 May 2, 2013
If people had faith that a creator's "love" is unconditional, believers would understand that no worship would be necessary.

But people do NOT trust that the creator is love and that is why there is so much worry and fuss about how to believe in order to please the supposed creator.

Anxiety is what motivates believers to keep preaching and behaving comparable to chest-pounding apes in the attitudes ... "Believe MY way so the creator will love and accept you."
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#436958 May 2, 2013
More of the scriptures that open up the Kingdom of God:

[1]- THE PROMISES OF MATURITY INTO THE LIKENESS OF JESUS.

EPH 4:13+15
[The ministry gifts were given] Until we ALL reach unity in the faith
and in the knowledge of God's Son and become mature, attaining to the
WHOLE MEASURE of the FULLNESS of Christ...
we will grow up IN ALL THINGS into him...
COL 1:28

We procaim him, and admonish and teach everyone with all
wisdom in order to present EVERYONE PERFECT [fully mature] in Christ.

ROM 12:1+2

offer your bodies as living sacrifices, Holy and pleasing to God - which is your
spiritual worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test
and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will.

GAL 4:19

until Christ be formed in you...

ROM 8:29

those God foreknew He also predestined to conform to the image
of His son, that he [Jesus] would be the firstborn among MANY brothers.

1 CO 13:8-12

Love never fails...... when perfection comes [when we are perfected and
conform to Love] the imperfect dissapears......when I became a man I put
the ways of a child behind me...... then we shall see face to face ...
then I shall know FULLY even as I am FULLY known.

2 CO 3:18

we, having unveiled faces ALL reflect the Glory of The Lord, are being
metamorphasized into His likeness with ever increasing glory from the Lord
which is the Spirit.

1 JN 3:2

we are now the children of God, and what we will be has not been revealed yet,
but we know that when He appears we will be like Him, because we shall see
Him as He is.

1 JN 4:17

love is made complete in us so that we will have confidence on the judgement day, because in THIS world we are like Him.There is no fear in love, perfect love forcibly repels fear.

HEB 7:11,18
If PERFECTION [Maturity, and Fullness] could have been achieved through
the priesthood of Levi (for the Law was given based on it) why was there still
the need for another Priest, one in the Order of Melchizedek ......
The former regulation is set aside for it was weak and USELESS (because
the Law made NOTHING PERFECT [Mature and Full]) and a better hope
is introduced, and it is by that hope that we draw near to God.

HEB 10:1

The Law is only a shaddow of the good things that are ariving - not those
realities themselves. Because of this it can never, by virtue of its repetative
sacrifices, make those who draw near to worship through it PERFECT...

[2]- PROMISES/INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING GROWTH IN GENERAL.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#436959 May 2, 2013
1 PT 2:11

Dear friends, I urge you being aliens and strangers in this world, to abstain from
the desires of the flesh, which war against your soul.

COL 3:9b+

...you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self,
which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator.

HEB 1:10

In bringing many sons to glory, God, for whom and through whom everything exists, found it fitting to make the author of their salvation mature and complete through suffering.

HEB 1:18

Since he himself suffered when he was tempted,
he is able to help those who are suffering temptation.

HEB 4:14+

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,
Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not
have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we
have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without
sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may
recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 PT 1:3-5

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He
has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ
from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade -
kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the
coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

PROVERBS 4:18
The path of the righteous is like the dawning of the day,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

PSALM 18:32

It is God that girds me with strength and makes my way perfect.

PROVERBS 16:9

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

ISAIAH 2:3

He will teach us His ways, so that we can walk in His Paths.

----------

If you haven't yet accepted God's gift, Jesus Christ as your Savior, and
Proclaimed him as your Lord, I encourage you to pray this prayer aloud:

Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus,

I believe in my heart that Jesus bore, and was put to death for, my sins,

and that You raised him from the dead for my justification.

I accept Jesus as my Savior,

And I proclaim Jesus Christ as my Lord!

Jesus is Lord, Lord over me, and Lord over all things on my behalf!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436960 May 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... and they all broke the infallible teachings of the Catholic Church.
Infallible???

Lies are not infallible.

Jews didn't need or want a new religion. Judaism was their teaching and preaching.

They idea that you can ride on the shirt-tales of a Jewish savior to take you to Catholic heaven, is beyond ludicrous!
youtube

AOL

#436961 May 2, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436962 May 2, 2013
I believe that if there just happens to be a creator, that creator would not be supportive of the words of any theologians.

Theologians preach that the creator is beyond human understanding.

If that is true, then I suggest they admit that they don't know even if a creator exists.

That admittance would be based on truth.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436963 May 2, 2013
I don't know if there is or there is not a creator.

That is the absolute truth.

To claim otherwise I would be lying.
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#436964 May 2, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting site. It just goes to show you how widespread it really is, but the majority of those cases resulted in convictions. The problem with the Catholic Church is they just transferred the perpetrators (priests) to another parish. Sexual abusers are repeat offenders.
So you read all 838 news reports?

So you know that none of these perverted protestant ministers snuck around hiding their repeated sex abuse as long as possible?

"The problem with the Catholic Church is........blah blah blah...."

Quit bitching.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436965 May 2, 2013
Once a theologian claims he knows that the universe was created ... not a word of his religious theories can be trusted after THAT first lie.

There is no humility in the claim of theologians bragging that they know what is totally beyond human ability TO know.

They are all self-glorified trouble-making fortune-tellers, and nothing more.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436966 May 2, 2013
If a creator existed and wanted us to know truth, we would all know.

If a creator exists and does not want us to know truth, then that creator enjoys watching humans fight, often to the death over who are the favorites of the creator.

I was under the spell of religion, so I comprehend how the theologians keep people divided by dogma with no intention of creating peace.

They simply want their own dogmas to be followed as they wax proud, claiming they all own truth.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#436967 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Infallible???
Lies are not infallible.
Jews didn't need or want a new religion. Judaism was their teaching and preaching.
They idea that you can ride on the shirt-tales of a Jewish savior to take you to Catholic heaven, is beyond ludicrous!
You know June, I think you've got a point. After 5,000 of the same rants, I think you finally got thru to me!
Rotflol!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436968 May 2, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436969 May 2, 2013
People in many religions claimed saviors came to earth sent by gods and were going to come again.

Those saviors never showed up to save each individual group that preached of the coming saviors.

The myth of Jesus as the latest savior is of course popular in our era ... but the same type of promises occurred in all the other religions in those ancient eras.

They waited and waited for those saviors to come and end the world of its evil and take the saved to bliss in a hereafter.

It's an old, old story, told and retold. Different names for the saviors ... but the story had the same basic LINE.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436970 May 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You know June, I think you've got a point. After 5,000 of the same rants, I think you finally got thru to me!
Rotflol!!
Others can't get through to you. You have to be willing to see from a different perspective before any change will occur.

The fact that you believe a Jew will lead Catholics to salvation in a heaven, when Jews don't even believe they go to heaven, ought to stimulate your conscience that something is wrong with that picture. But you won't see it until you want to see it.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436971 May 2, 2013
Theologian earned and do earn their livings by being story-tellers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

It may be noted in passing that the peculiarly celibate problem of whether the nocturnal “pollutions” of priests and monks were sinful, and to what degree, kept moral theologians extremely busy. Their comments on the subject fill entire libraries.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#436972 May 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Evolution is a theory, not a fact.(In general we accept it because we were taught it in school. But science is completely overturned about every 8-10 years in college now. Most of what we were taught years ago were bogus theories, and interpretted data. And it still is.)
It, as well as cosmology has theories. So many theories, that there is so much confusion by scientists, they have lost common sense.
(Most scientists in the field of evolution, agree there are no facts, no data. It is a patched-up mess, as well as cosmology.)
I'll agree with this point - history is being rewritten everyday.

As for evolution - it happens.

i.e.
- Man has evolved from using hand tools of sticks and stones to computers and machines.
- The use of medicine in humans
- driving vehicles versus walking or horse and buggy

Evolution exists in these facts. It is those who skip the semanitics of something that causes the confusion.

An example of how semantics have been skipepd over in relationship to this thread:
- men decided upon only a certian amouont of texts of Jesus, thus placing their rules upon how one should believe, instead of accepting all of the teachings by Jesus and understand them as a whole.

BTW - my post you responded to, had nothing to do with me arguing evolution.

In truth - I believe we we seeded on this planet by extra-terrestrial beings - like the Sumerians wrote about.

So human evolution from monkeys, for me, is plausible, but still unlikely.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#436973 May 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="jethro8" this is why i believe in stem cell research,and don't understand why the church is against it.......
A 2-year-old girl born without a windpipe now has a new one grown from her own stem cells, the youngest patient in the world to benefit from the experimental treatment.
Hannah Warren has been unable to breathe, eat, drink or swallow on her own since she was born in South Korea in 2010. Until the operation at a central Illinois hospital, she had spent her entire life in a hospital in Seoul. Doctors there told her parents there was no hope and they expected her to die.
The stem cells came from Hannah's bone marrow, extracted with a special needle inserted into her hip bone. They were seeded in a lab onto a plastic scaffold, where it took less than a week for them to multiply and create a new windpipe.
About the size of a 3-inch tube of penne pasta, it was implanted April 9 in a nine-hour procedure.
Early signs indicate the windpipe is working, Hannah's doctors announced Tuesday, although she is still on a ventilator. They believe she will eventually be able to live at home and lead a normal life.
"We feel like she's reborn," said Hannah's father, Darryl Warren.
I don't think anyone is against this use of one's own stem cells. I am opposed to using an aborted baby for such things.
KM
i see no harm inthat if the woman is going to have the abortion no matter what,why not use the cells,the baby in a way is helping man kind even thoughhe/she will not be able to enjoy it's benefits

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#436975 May 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't respond by posting ideas rather than insults?
That wasn't an insult....that was a direct assessment of what LTM did, when she shouldn't be doing it.

Are you a forum monitor?

If so, maybe you should be monitoring more and responding less?

Really June, is this you stance?

Maybe if you take yourself out of a sincle quotation book and actually read some of the material you posit, you woul better understadn the meanings around what you post.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#436976 May 2, 2013
I would never believe the theologians, and that is what kept me asking questions rather than settling for supposed answers.

It always bothered me that the theologians couldn't agree on dogmas, yet always claimed to know the answers.

Asking questions should never be put down as lack of faith.

My faith is in the idea that if there is nothing to hide, theologians would not be training people to never ask question concerning their theologies. They would want people to ask questions on all subjects ... especially religion.

Theologians have much to hide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 991,900
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min Rider on the Storm 51,667
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min Holy Pipek 445,965
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 34 min Doctor REALITY 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min Holy Pipek 619,866
Legally married but separated. Is it okay to date? 1 hr Blake38 1
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 3 hr Holy Pipek 7
More from around the web