Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590577 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436616 May 1, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, BM, how are you these days?
Since a civil divorce would have taken place first, any children of the marriage would simply see their parents as being divorced. See #10: http://www.archbalt.org/loader.cfm...
You don't give children much credit for their faith.

You seem to be saying that a practicing Catholic child would not care in any way whatsoever that his or her esteemed Church declared their parents sacred marriage as always "invalid."

But, what else can you say really?

It requires supreme self-delusion to believe any Church acts in the spirit of the Bible when it calls $69.95 annulments "carefully investigated."

Forget the Bible, this is simply made up to accommodate modern society. It's just that sometimes things get a little too absurd.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#436617 May 1, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to be Catholic.
But I can't come to terms with why God would ever appoint an institution that openly honors child abuse enablers - for the purpose of bring "morality" to mankind.
When I stop feeling repulsed by child sex abuse, and when I stop feeling repulsed by how the Vatican honors Cardinal Law to this day -- then I will join the Catholic church.
After all, the Catholic church was appointed by God to teach us morality -- so child sex abuse must be OK and there is something wrong with me.
your fine,it's the church that is totally wrong,but it's man made pagan/christian institution,it is not a holy place,so what else would you expect from a phony church that only cares about making money.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436618 May 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
protestant divorce costs a helluva lot more than that.
Now this one is equating annulment with divorce -- after lecturing others.

Doesn't a catholic require both?

Don't tell us that Catholic divorces cost less than Protestant divorces!

Delusional.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436619 May 1, 2013
Even if they not Christians..please..i think they know
that invisible spirit is alive force..as well they know that deference exist.
How much you can tolerated suffering that you can except heavy critic ..how you going describe that whats so ever asked yourself.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436620 May 1, 2013
Seems the main topic this morning is ---- how other people have sex.
Plus, the regular bashing of other denominations.
We also have highly delusional racism.
How much meaner do Xian boards get? Thank you Jesus.
Today's sermon is how to be holy now and in the afterlife.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to focus on how the holy ones treat each other now.

In days gone by, I've learned that they all know that they have the truth from their bibles, if only they could convince each other to shut up and listen.

:)
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436621 May 1, 2013
Let us pray a positive prayer together........

DEAR GOD,

PLEASE CURE CANCER IN ALL OF MANKIND TODAY.

AMEN

Prince George, Canada

#436622 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't give children much credit for their faith.
You seem to be saying that a practicing Catholic child would not care in any way whatsoever that his or her esteemed Church declared their parents sacred marriage as always "invalid."
But, what else can you say really?
It requires supreme self-delusion to believe any Church acts in the spirit of the Bible when it calls $69.95 annulments "carefully investigated."
Forget the Bible, this is simply made up to accommodate modern society. It's just that sometimes things get a little too absurd.
The men of the hierarchy gave annulments to many people in the past. Another term for it was "murder."

Prince George, Canada

#436623 May 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Just keep in mind that everyone on here is not Christian
If your "loving" sermons concerning our evil take effect ... all that could change in the blink of the evil god's eye.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436624 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
THE SODOMIZING PRIEST AND PERVERTS THAT PERVADE YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY
WILL CAUSE YOU MEMBERSHIP TO INCREASE...
If Jesus tarries and does not come soon...
those perverts
( that you church cuddles)
will worm their way up into leadership positions
in your (already carnal) religious society, and
it will become a hot bed of perverts, and then sexual perversion
will be
accepted by all your constituents.
You Roman Catholics stand up for your Church instead of God in Christ..
No matter how much it provokes God ...YOU BELIEVE YOUR CHURCH IS ALWAYS
RIGHT..
I guess you think that my above post is erroneous

but

this is what has happened to other religious institutions that have

become pro-choice pro-homosexual and pro.. same sex marriage.

It is inevitable...because you have no standard of Holiness for your

leaders nor your membership...

A pure heart comes from the personal relationship of each individual

that fellowships Christ in the presence of God...Rituals and ceremony

can never take the place of this intimate relationship ...with God.

usa

#436625 May 1, 2013
The Catholic Church presumes that marriages are valid, binding spouses for life. When couples do separate and divorce, therefore, the Church examines in detail their marriage to determine if, right from the start, some essential element was missing in their relationship. If that fact has been established, it means the spouses did not have the kind of marital link that binds them together for life.
The Church then issues a declaration of nullity (an annulment) and both are free to marry again in the Catholic Church.
1 On what grounds does the Church declare nullity for some failed marriages?
In technical language, the most common reasons are insufficiency or inadequacy of judgment (also known as lack of due discretion, due to some factor such as young age, pressure to marry in haste, etc.), psychological incapacity, and absence of a proper intention to have children, be faithful, or remain together until death.
These grounds can manifest themselves in various ways. For example, a couple, discovering her pregnancy, decide to marry; only much later do they recognize the lack of wisdom in that decision. Or one spouse carries an addictive problem with alcohol or drugs into the marriage. Perhaps a person, unfaithful during courtship, continues the infidelity after marrying.
In cases like these, the Church judges may decide that something contrary to the nature of marriage or to a full, free human decision prevents this contract from being sound or binding.
I begin this formal annulment process at the parish level for about a dozen petitioners each year. My suggestion to them as they approach the multi-page, perhaps daunting questionnaire moves along these lines:
—As you reflect upon the marriage, ask yourself: Was there something missing right from the start, something radically wrong from day one? Before the wedding, were there warning signals, red flags which you may have dismissed simply as the cold-feet anxieties rather common for couples prior to a nuptial service? Did you suffer deep difficulties early in your marital life and worry about them, but, never having been married before, judged they were merely the expected burdensome part of marriage? Now, perhaps years later, you view them as symptomatic of a much more serious problem, a radical malfunctioning in your relationship.—
I picked this up on a Catholic site. It says that married people who decide that their marriage won't work can divorce, get an annulment from the church, then both are free to marry again.
For instance: A couple who marry because she was pregnant (they have already become 'one') can decide that they were unwise to marry, and they can be set free by the church !!!
KayMarie
you left out one part,any child born in marriage are removed from the book of life,and don't exist as far as the church goes.

Prince George, Canada

#436626 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
THE SODOMIZING PRIEST AND PERVERTS THAT PERVADE YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY
WILL CAUSE YOU MEMBERSHIP TO INCREASE...
Sexual molestation is one of god's favorite sources of entertainment, so don't knock it.

Your god knew before he created the plan that sexual molestation would be one of the most prevalent pastimes in places of worship, in homes, in the woods ... here, there and everywhere.

I suggest you stop blaming the humans and go right to the source of the problem and that is to your god in "heaven."

Had he not created Adam and Eve, humans would still be in spirit form with him.

Stupid people idolize stupid religious dogmas.

usa

#436627 May 1, 2013
this is why i believe in stem cell research,and don't understand why the church is against it.......
A 2-year-old girl born without a windpipe now has a new one grown from her own stem cells, the youngest patient in the world to benefit from the experimental treatment.

Hannah Warren has been unable to breathe, eat, drink or swallow on her own since she was born in South Korea in 2010. Until the operation at a central Illinois hospital, she had spent her entire life in a hospital in Seoul. Doctors there told her parents there was no hope and they expected her to die.

The stem cells came from Hannah's bone marrow, extracted with a special needle inserted into her hip bone. They were seeded in a lab onto a plastic scaffold, where it took less than a week for them to multiply and create a new windpipe.

About the size of a 3-inch tube of penne pasta, it was implanted April 9 in a nine-hour procedure.

Early signs indicate the windpipe is working, Hannah's doctors announced Tuesday, although she is still on a ventilator. They believe she will eventually be able to live at home and lead a normal life.

"We feel like she's reborn," said Hannah's father, Darryl Warren.

Prince George, Canada

#436628 May 1, 2013
who="Clay"
I didn't realize how far same sex marriage has gone in Protestant la la land. I Google Pentecostal ones, and it seems your religion is already doing it. Interesting. Its just a matter of time before Catholics are the only ones left standing (again). You guys were all with us on Contraception until the 1930's. Now there is no Protestant group that teaches their Congragants that its interfering with the author of life, God.
You dare to belittle your god. He sees all, he knows all, he loves how his evil plan is unfolding, and you want to CHANGE god's plan. Be careful that you don't push your LUCK too far. You are dealing with a god that created evil and you best not forget it.

Silly people!
truth

Perth, Australia

#436629 May 1, 2013
They will tell you from deference prospective as well point of deference religion..why you pray to cure cancer..please understood me..life exist on other side.

Prince George, Canada

#436630 May 1, 2013
who="Oxbow" 552
And....Scripture does not support the practice of issuing annulments.
Stoning people to death is the will of your god. That's a form of annulment and a very popular TRUTH from the bible.

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#436631 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I remember my wedding. The Church said, if they detect any alcohol prior to the Wedding Mass, they'll cancel it.
That's why it's best to have a civil ceremony. People can get drunk and throw chairs at each other.

They might as well start off their marriages on the right foot.

By the way, did you remind them that it would be best to stop imbibing in the sac-religious wine?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436632 May 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual molestation is one of god's favorite sources of entertainment, so don't knock it.
Your god knew before he created the plan that sexual molestation would be one of the most prevalent pastimes in places of worship, in homes, in the woods ... here, there and everywhere.
I suggest you stop blaming the humans and go right to the source of the problem and that is to your god in "heaven."
Had he not created Adam and Eve, humans would still be in spirit form with him.
Stupid people idolize stupid religious dogmas.
~~~

What insane asylum are you posting from any way?

Prince George, Canada

#436633 May 1, 2013
It was a 'hook up' between two people. Not a Holy Sacrament.
Does the bible rest in between you and your partner when you have missionary-type of sex?

The bible makes sex holy ... cold as ice ... but holy all the same.

Prince George, Canada

#436634 May 1, 2013
A woman said that she enjoyed sex a whole lot more after she chased "god" out of her bedroom.

Apparently she didn't enjoy those threesomes.

Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#436635 May 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They do...I know..I were a Catholic for forty years...Get help to understand what is written....your answer is therein...
Where does the Bible say Catholics can dissolve a marriage by simply "issuing an annulment"?????
You, oxbow, were never a Catholic. Stop lying and get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min BenAdam 839,612
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min dollarsbill 4,565
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 25 min Inally 3,045
Are afghans and turks white? (May '09) 33 min Time line 445
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min onemale 271,386
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 1 hr Hector Valente 1,713
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,914
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,523
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,065
More from around the web