Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
420,681 - 420,700 of 538,584 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly who has God exposed as one of the false prophets?
I haven't seen anything reported in any newspapers or on-line proclaiming: "God exposes a false prophet."
So who might this person or persons be?
:)

Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
suggestion REJECTED!!!
i thought i made it clear that i don't belong to a relgion and therefore your bigotry doesn't apply to me:)
Does self-perceived holiness apply to you?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A supposed Miracle always favors the one that believes the happening IS a miracle.
That is NOT a coincidence ... that is favoritism.
A child was lost and later found to be safe and alive. The religious ones praised the supposed god for the "miracle."
Another child was lost and found dead ... murdered by a serial killer.
That mother had also prayed for a miracle.
A religious person sees a wonderful healing event and proclaims it to be a miracle.

A scientist sees the same thing and seeks to find the natural cause.

Today when gravely ill, most Christians seek the care of a medical science doctor.

Why, if the Bible is true?

The answer is obvious. Delusion is set aside when reality dictates. This is then rationalized is some absurd way. But in the end, science rejected the miracle and looked for a real cure. So do most Christians.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I'll share a miracle with you.

For years I badgered my Atheist husband that it was a wise choice to believe in "GOD."

The fact that he didn't leave me is a "miracle."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Miracle ... to stand in awe of

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Some people believe it would be a kindness to put an extremely malformed baby to death.

Others believe it a kindness to allow the same baby to live.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The era of the prophets has not ended. Scripture tells us in the end times, God was going to raise up prophets, teachers,...to build His people up with truth. There are those who claim to be prophets who talk out of their vain imaginations and have led many astray. God is exposing the false ones. He's cleaning house. The bible tells us how to determine the false from the real prophet. Re: Pat Robertson, I don't listen to him so I cannot comment other than to say if what he says does not line up with scripture then I wouldn't listen to him.
Points made in the above:

People are going through a consciousness change by better understanding themselves, and hopefully - all the while, are sharing these moments.

Self.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

From my perspective, judgment CALLS, are not divine. They are guided by mortal human judgment and nothing more.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Religion - A Delusion"
Why does any god of the universe require one, and only one single way to approach this god?
Of course, the one way is your way. What a coincidence!
That's an amazing delusion! God appoints an institution which openly honors child abuse enablers - to bring "morality" to mankind.
What next? Sainthood for Hitler?
Aren't these delusions incredible!
RAD: So YOU believe that God appointed the CC? So now YOU are a Catholic ???
KM
I want to be Catholic.

But I can't come to terms with why God would ever appoint an institution that openly honors child abuse enablers - for the purpose of bring "morality" to mankind.

When I stop feeling repulsed by child sex abuse, and when I stop feeling repulsed by how the Vatican honors Cardinal Law to this day -- then I will join the Catholic church.

After all, the Catholic church was appointed by God to teach us morality -- so child sex abuse must be OK and there is something wrong with me.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

The Seven Mysteries of Life … Exploration in Science and Philosophy … Guy Murchie.

But the kind of creatures prosecuted have ranged all the way from cattle and dolphins down to fish and ants—even occasionally vegetables, as when a priest in medieval Burgundy declared an anathema and, in the name of sanctity, excommunicated an orchard because its fruit had tempted children to stay away from mass. And as late as 1905 a “criminal dog was sentenced to death in Switzerland. Yet none of all the bewildered defendants was ever granted the means to sue humanity for perpetrating on them such devilish cruelties as the wire noose and the steel trap, which seem to me morally worse than anything any animal could hope to devise.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus[/QUOTE]

It seem you really DO perceive your "self" as a divine spiritual leader.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to be Catholic.
I want to be a Jew and go "right" to the source of the holiness.

OH OH!... I forgot momentarily that it was the god of the Jews that created evil.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

The new age spiritual leaders like to "let on" that Jesus now welcomes all one-time offenders in other religions into the new fold.

But the original Christians taught otherwise, and the fact that they burned others at the stake for not being Christian indicated that they "meant business."

New age is all about fluff ... cookies and milk and such.

Those ancient ones knew that the gods were brutal and would kill offenders at the "sight" of blood.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="marge"
Is this the verse your looking for?
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men,'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.[Qur'an 5:116]

Thanks, Marge. That is part of it, but he goes further to say that God has no son. He was upset with the teaching of the day that put Jesus AND Mary up as part of the Godhead. He declares Jesus to be A prophets, but calls himself THE prophet of God.

Islam teaches that Jesus was good...but that Mohammed is THE prophet foretold in scripture. They declare that the Jews rewrote the scriptures and made Isaac the son that was offered by Abraham, rather than Ishmael.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="jethro8" a girl that a friend of mine knows,was a heavy drug user,got pregnant the baby was born with only half brain function,webbed hands and feet,6 toeswill be a vegatable it's whole life.that is one reason i support the right to have abn abortion ,this girl should have,she had her tubes tied to stop her from having kids.

That girl didn't need an abortion. She needed to lay off the drugs.
Why kill a baby, so that people can 'have their fun'?

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Those ancient "gods" were mean sons of b*tches ... but I am compelled to ask ... "Who 'were' their wild mothers."

My guess is, the mother of invention won't tell us ... unless of course it's the mother of invention that created all fantasy.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="jethro8" why punish the baby for the sins of the parents? not fair,the child has done nothing wrong.

God didn't punish the baby. Parents who abuse their own bodies cause damage to their babies. It was the fault of the parents.

KM

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="marge"
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men,'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thous knowest in full all that is hidden.[Qur'an 5:116]
After Christians slaughtering Muslims for so many centuries as heretics, do you really want to play with the Qur'an in order to feign that your god now loves all people ... especially as Muslims believe that Christians are infidels that will burn in Islam's hell???

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="jethro8" why punish the baby for the sins of the parents? not fair,the child has done nothing wrong.
God didn't punish the baby. Parents who abuse their own bodies cause damage to their babies. It was the fault of the parents.
KM
Are you afraid that if you put your "god" to the test, that "he" will put you on a HOOK, as do brutal members of the mafia?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="Religion - A Delusion"
I want to be Catholic.
But I can't come to terms with why God would ever appoint an institution that openly honors child abuse enablers - for the purpose of bring "morality" to mankind.
When I stop feeling repulsed by child sex abuse, and when I stop feeling repulsed by how the Vatican honors Cardinal Law to this day -- then I will join the Catholic church.
After all, the Catholic church was appointed by God to teach us morality -- so child sex abuse must be OK and there is something wrong with me.

Read your Bible. You will see that GOD is AGAINST sexual impurity of ANY KIND.

If you are opposed to child sex abuse, there is nothing wrong with you on that matter.

God is not an illusion, nor is He a delusion. All of HIS moral attitude is PURE. Find HIM...not a spiritual club.

KayMarie

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

who="marge"
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men,'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.[Qur'an 5:116]
Imagine what would have happened to you as a Christian of a few centuries back for using the Qur'an as your Christian base.

It seem that you must preach in order to feel self-worth. No matter which book you pull words from ... it seems better to you than not preaching at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 732,477
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min JUDEletePete 117,939
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Vinod S 5,280
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 21 min Johnny 2,409
BALI oh BALI 29 min gede sudira 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Just Wondering 599,746
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 58 min Hannah V 996
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Le_le 173,257
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Commander Bunny 257,745
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 94,604
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••