Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,030)

Showing posts 420,581 - 420,600 of512,399
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster "Human being" was just over on the thread "Saint of the day" glorying in the image of one of those ancient supposed Catholic saints.
Pride in ONLY their own cults is the name of the religious game.
They claim to defend religion as a whole ... but the blood shed of history proves that nonsense another lie among many. It's only their own image of perfection that they value and place high on pedestals as they align their selves to the same worth as their mighty imaginary perfected (in their minds) deities.
June VanDerMark:

You seemingly enjoy dividing human beings into: us and them.
Fortunate1

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I was just reading a story about some 260,000 Somalians who have died of hunger. Starved to death because of an East African famine. Over half of those who died were children under the age of 5 years old. This is why millionaires like myself will continue to attend the Catholic Church to pray but I will no longer give my money to the church during offerings. I will offer my prayers, only. The Catholic Church should be leading the way to help these children and I never hear any effort being made by the Catholic Church on these dire issues. Why? What good is all of that gold sitting in the Vatican if it cannot help to alleviate the suffering of so many children? Religion is not what you preach; it is what you practice. I heard nothing from the Catholic Church after the earthquake in Haiti, including many other countries where children are innocent sufferers. My money will go directly to those who need it most, the poor children; not the Catholic Church to settle lawsuits for the pedofile priests.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion:
I hope you aren't judging religion, and condemning those who practice it to being delusional, sick, or to Hell?
Judge not. So true.
A good man out of his heart brings out good. A bad man brings out bad. Out of the mouth, the heart speaks.
I am merely stating facts backed by links, pointing out that all of man's gods throughout history are imaginary, except for "yours."

For this, some here break their god's rules and pre-judge me to Hell.(Are there really buses in Hell?)

I don't judge a man's heart by his religion or lack thereof.

Can the very religious honestly say the same?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

The modernized Pagans don't point outward at sin. The goddess loves every body.

What a joy it must be to go to their festivities knowing that all people of the world are one big happy family.

WELL ... not quite. There are those who are content to follow, and there are those who are aggressive and prefer to lead.

"Cracks" show up in all religions, if you are patient ... do your home-work, and observe human nature.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....1700 HUNDRED YEARS of sex abuse by catholic clergy. 17 centuries of coverups by the rest of the clergy who did not molest. EVERYONE of these sinful clergy gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said with the most heinous sins on their own souls, yet sternly warned ALL followers they could never receive the eucharist with such sins on their souls.
1700 years of disgusting behavior......
the facts speak for themselves.....
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...
I rest my case!
Michael:

It seems like your surprised/glad/satisfied a Catholic priest could/has sin/ned?

Be even more surprised, if they could'n't/haven't sinned?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You seemingly enjoy dividing human beings into: us and them.
Hahahahahaha

THIS ... coming from a died in the wool Catholic who puts Catholic saints on pedestals for those in other religions to follow ... is hilarious.

You are an arrogant Catholic buffoon, playing the part of the Jewish savior Jesus.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't judge a man's heart by his religion or lack thereof.
I do. I'm very judgmental. That's why I don't believe religion makes people better than their human nature allows.

I pick them apart when they try to be high and mighty, because I don't like them sitting up there on clouds spitting on me as being evil.

You darned rights I judge them as they judge me, and I comprehend that I am very fortunate to live in an era that allows such freedom of expression.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
grandma june?
instead bambling BS with those catolic idiots?
JUST DON'T WAIST REST OF YOUR LIFE,
GRAB BIBLE,START PRAY .BEND YOUR KNEES BEFORE GOD,READ BIBLBLE ,MAYBE STILL IS A LITTLE LEFT TIME FOR YOU TO BE SAVED BY GODS GRACE_
NOT RCC OR WORLDWIDE DEVIL SPIRIT CHRISTIANITY.
just don't be groudge poor lonely lunatic seating before computer and cry like old left behind witch.
read Bible,only Bible, and listen nobody faken man amde devil spirit sermons from RCC,OR CHRSITIANITY?
have good day grandmama June not more van der Mark,
ONLY VAN DER EURO?
Your sermons don't move me.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Muhammad and the Unfolding of Islam.

On the evolution of the legend of Muhammad and the veneration of the Prophet as a superhuman being, see Pareja, pp. 55354 bibliography.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
My information can be tested, measured, and proven.
Your's is pure delusion.
And you know it too.
Example -- when very sick, do you rely on Biblical cures to drive out the demons, or do you rely on medical science, which can be measured and tested?
We both know the answer. When reality counts, prayer and the Bible take a back seat.
if you must know, i rarely get sick. but, when i have and visited the dr for it, i usually have had to let the thing run it's course anyways.....

now, back to how you get your sins forgiven; does your medical scientist do that for you?:)
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The idea that a Jew name of Jesus founded the Catholic church is a story that could be compared to a pope eagerly founding the Protestant church.
It just would not occur.
Yet countless Catholics and Protestants are certain that Jesus came to save ONLY Christians ... believing that his Jewish father agreed that a new religion other than Judaism was the only answer to the ill-begotten woes of humanity.
Such a story should be unbelievable ... but the ones that didn't ask questions of the theologians simply fell hook, line and sinker for the lies.
June VanDerMark:

I have seen your opinion on Joseph, Jesus' father a couple of times.

Rather interesting you imagine you know what he believed.

About all we can say is that he did the unconventional thing in his time, and Judaism(his religion), he married Mary, after in a dream he was told by an angel, she was pregnant with Jesus, the Son of God.

That would make your opinion invalid, no matter what.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Concerning religion I suggest you believe "nothing" and that way you can start from groud zero, and stay at ground zero.

Lies multiply simply to confuse.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Muhammad and the Unfolding of Islam.

It is significant that certain Gnostic doctrines, above all the idea that Jesus was not crucified and did not know truth, doctrines which, following the polemic and persecutions of the Church, barely survived into the seventh century, regained their currency thanks to Muhammad and the spread of Islam. On the other hand, it is likely that certain antitrinitarian Christians were attracted by the absolute monotheism preached by Muhammad and were among the first to embrace Islam.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
WHAT are you on about now? I never mentioned the name Joseph in connection with being Jesus' father. I never even heard of such a theology.

I have mentioned Jehovah as being a theory concerning Jesus' father.

Gossip has no bounds, and religious fantasy goes where ever fantasy travels. Wherever that is, it's not earthbound by any stretch of imagination.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that YOU are a picture of perfect mental health, so you are a good man with a good heart?
Popes and Mother Teresa had and have the same high opinion of their stations in life.
I don't perceive that your sermons are any different than any other Catholic. They are based on a whole lot of deception ... such as Catholic "saints" being holy.
You blather arrogant nonsense!
June VanDerMark:

Since I am not in the habit of judging people, I suppose I pass on the Pope, Mother Teresa, and June VanDerMark, and myself, and let God Judge.

About all I could say is that the world is judged already, and those in the world without hope, know the world is nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
About all we can say is that he did the unconventional thing in his time, and Judaism(his religion), he married Mary, after in a dream he was told by an angel, she was pregnant with Jesus, the Son of God.
That would make your opinion invalid, no matter what.
Oh now I get your drift. Joseph was not Jesus' father. He was simply Mary the Jew's Impotent Jewish husband. According to Catholic theology the Jewish god fathered Jesus ... and blah, blah, blah.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

You never "witnessed" so many Jews being drawn away from Judaism as occurred when the ex-Jew Catholics wrote the story.

There's a lot of comedy in that flamboyant story ... at least from my point of view.

It would be comparable to devout Catholics flocking in droves to start Protestant religions.

Humor comes in may "forms."
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
THIS ... coming from a died in the wool Catholic who puts Catholic saints on pedestals for those in other religions to follow ... is hilarious.
You are an arrogant Catholic buffoon, playing the part of the Jewish savior Jesus.
June VanDerMark:

I am even happy with peace in the heart too.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I am not in the habit of judging people, I suppose I pass on the Pope, Mother Teresa, and June VanDerMark, and myself, and let God Judge.
I suggest that although it's difficult for you that you at least TRY to be honest.

You know full well that you believe the pope, Mother Teresa and you will be in heaven ... and I will be sucking the tit of the devil.

Your theology is plain ... and "simple."
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. I'm very judgmental. That's why I don't believe religion makes people better than their human nature allows.
I pick them apart when they try to be high and mighty, because I don't like them sitting up there on clouds spitting on me as being evil.
You darned rights I judge them as they judge me, and I comprehend that I am very fortunate to live in an era that allows such freedom of expression.
June VanDerMark:

Hahahaha.

We all know.

And if they aren't spitting down on you, you sure do like firing up at them.

Thank you.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I hope that the word "tit" doesn't get me reported to Topix by the holy ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,581 - 420,600 of512,399
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

529 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Darwins Stepchild 680,993
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 596,629
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Sheilaa 109,818
Goat Simulator Free Download Pc Game 9 min adfasdfa 5
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Divine Ascetic 89,638
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 16 min NUTS AMERICA 37,904
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 49 min Some1 Else 12,240
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr relish45 290
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr number four 217,305