Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637969 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436532 Apr 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther was a catholic till his death, even if he did lead the protest that start the reform.
He was a Catholic protestor who wanted to marry, and he couldn't marry as a Catholic, so I agree that at heart he was a married Catholic with a new title of Protestant.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#436533 Apr 30, 2013
492 408
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you were worshipping idols which is contrary to the teaching of the Catholic Church. That made you a crappy Catholic and a prime SBC candidate.
You don't have the authority to say what makes a marriage, escpecially in light of your multiple failures in that deaprtment. And Jesus doesn't say one word about the length of time or how many kids they have.
"Question: If a marriage was never valid, why does it need to be annulled!!!!!????"
It is a declaration that a "marriage" never took place.
I did not say I was the only Catholic worshiping idols..I said they were and still are teaching this pagan practice.

You are denying the truth in Christianity, the English dictionary and the Bible when you deny Catholics worship idols...

Quote:
idol: a material effigy that is worshiped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

worship:(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")

You are denying that Catholics show profound religious devotion and respect to, adore, and venerate Mary.

If it never took place,why does it have to be declared that it never took place!!!!!????

Annulments are not supported by Scripture....period.....its a cash cow...same as selling of candles...paying for masses for the dead...bingo...
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436534 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to bet. My ex-husband annulled our marriage so he could marry his girlfriend. The condition was he had to disown his children so I wrote a note to the pope on the back of my annulment papers. AND I'm happy to say I am no longer a Catholic...
That is completely false.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436535 Apr 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't understand what you were taught then if you were worshipping idols.
Words in the bible are idols to those who believe the words radiate truth.

It's a good thing the idolaters don't agree on what they are idolizing.

Maybe some day they will catch on to the idea that there is something wrong with that picture.

:)

Kitwanga, Canada

#436536 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to bet. My ex-husband annulled our marriage so he could marry his girlfriend. The condition was he had to disown his children so I wrote a note to the pope on the back of my annulment papers. AND I'm happy to say I am no longer a Catholic...
Annulment has a much holier ring to it that does divorce.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436537 Apr 30, 2013
who="Ella"

Thanks for sharing this. The CC obviously did not protect your marriage. They likely could not have stopped your husband from leaving you, but they did not have to put 'church' approval on his behavior. They put him in a position of calling his children b------'s, and accusing you of worse things.

KayMarie
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436538 Apr 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
492 408
<quoted text>Annulments are not supported by Scripture....period.....its a cash cow...same as selling of candles...paying for masses for the dead...bingo...
LOL. They were busted for selling indulgences, so they had to expand their income generating market.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436539 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Ella"
Thanks for sharing this. The CC obviously did not protect your marriage. They likely could not have stopped your husband from leaving you, but they did not have to put 'church' approval on his behavior. They put him in a position of calling his children b------'s, and accusing you of worse things.
KayMarie
What she wrote is a lie.

Calumny is a sin even if one is angry at their husband and taking it out on the Church.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436540 Apr 30, 2013
Wicket is much more worse..they attack people every day without any authority..they don't liked law as well with them divorce is every day..bad wishers.
They liked ruin everything as they could.
byyyyy
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436541 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Ella"
KayMarie
MYTH NUMBER FOUR:
If an Annulment is Granted the Children will be Ill
egitimate The truth is that an ecclesiastical annulment is co
ncerned only with the spouses, and not the children. An
annulment has no effect at all on the legitimacy of
children, or other arrangements regarding children, such
as custody or support. These are all concerns of the civil law, and an ecclesiastical annulment has absolutely no effects under civil law. It is a myth that granting an annulment makes the children illegitimate.
http://www.archbalt.org/loader.cfm...
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436542 Apr 30, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What she wrote is a lie.
Calumny is a sin even if one is angry at their husband and taking it out on the Church.
I forgave my ex-husband. It's the church I'm angry with!
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436543 Apr 30, 2013
If you liked bet..then first you need put yourself on shame in place where not spouse don't need go..then you will find out how economy and finance of them working..never winner computer as well all evil eyes is there for set up..
you can bet why not you can be only lose..
Investigator..yes not better investigator few coins as well rosary can go altogether.

Please forgive us..you can find anything about everything as well everyone..why?
'God swear to Heaven=nevaeh and Earth not secret between each other.'
O don't worry what they going say about you in ''in'dustry secret money stay everywhere as 'in'vesment.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436544 Apr 30, 2013
An Annulment Costs Thousands of Dollars
The truth is that no Tribunal anywhere in the world
asks for "thousands of dollars," although the fee
requested for an annulment process does vary from one Tribunal to another. In the Archdiocese of
Baltimore, the requested fees range from one hundre
d dollars to five hundred dollars, depending on the
type of case, but the fee the Petitioner pays is only ab
out one-half of the Tribunal's actual cost for a ca
se. It is a myth that the process costs thousands of dollars,
and IN FACT NO ONE IS EVER TURNED AWAY FROM A TRIBUNAL BECAUSE OF THEIR INABILITY TO PAY A FEE.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436545 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgave my ex-husband. It's the church I'm angry with!
That's no excuse to commit the sin of calumny.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436546 Apr 30, 2013
First.. about childreen..no..you need allwayes act as 'conciseness'.
If you abuse and used law of very bad wisher who try hurt on very nice make up law its not conciseness or right.
'wicket as always hurtful'
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436547 Apr 30, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
MYTH NUMBER FOUR:
as custody or support. These are all concerns of the civil law, and an ecclesiastical annulment has absolutely no effects under civil law. It is a myth that granting an annulment makes the children illegitimate.
You can cite a hundred sources of Catholic propaganda but it DOES NOT change what has happened to me and my family. You can believe the lies of the Catholic Church but don't mock God and call it holy.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436548 Apr 30, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
MYTH NUMBER FOUR:
True, the children are not illegitimate in the eyes of the law.

They are simply children of an "invalid marriage," per a careful investigation by the church.

As a Catholic child, would you care about the difference?

Children don't hold to the same delusion.

I believe most see the hypocrisy.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436549 Apr 30, 2013
Depend how much you can take in hurtful or sick condition ..others can set up anything evil as hurtful even ruin in very bad condition.. its going make you stronger.

yes much more stronger does meter how you look under humiliation..
by
Wicket never have holy ticket
On the end coming what?
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436550 Apr 30, 2013
Is sin bank.ruptcy..but still have underground lots of money..never pay tax.
Is that shame?
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436551 Apr 30, 2013
For those interested in the truth:

Everyone else,....well.....good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min It aint necessari... 29,866
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Crush8192 968,875
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 37 min Osmius 18,495
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min bad bob 181,947
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr ImFree2Choose 1,465
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Not religious 43,911
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,555
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Moaner1296 617,966
More from around the web