Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647075 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436513 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They were trained to believe only what the hierarchies wanted to them to believe.
All other literature was forbidden. The bible was forbidden to parishioners.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……
In England the penalty for daring to read the Bible in the vernacular tongue was TO BE BURNED ALIVE. The inquisitors and ecclesiastics carried on a persecution against the disciples of Wickliffe, for a century and a half on this ground, and many were burned alive. In 1519 seven persons were burned alive at Coventry, having been convicted of the crime of having the Scriptures in their possession, or portions of same. Such scenes were extensively repeated. All of the Bibles also were burned that could be obtained—an example which Romish priests in this land are now intent to follow.
Just the opposite. Their beliefs became the hierarchy's beliefs. And there was much debate and searching for the TRuth.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436514 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Do you consider a marriage valid if a couple goes in the woods and professes vows to each other in front of an oak tree?
Our legal protections make for good sense...but they are not the marriage. The Indians once married by jumping the broomstick together. Other cultures had similar practices.
The 'real' marriage that God 'joins together' is when the man and woman 'become one'.
KayMarie
So sleeping together makes them married?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436515 Apr 30, 2013
who="Clay"
Its not a loophole. Marriage is Holy Matrimony. Why would the Catholic Church acknowledge a union between a two people, performed by a county judge, at some park?
Or between a man and woman with some guy presiding who says he is a ministrer?? You guys made a joke out of Holy Matrimony. Does your husband perform Gay marriages yet? Trust me, your Grandkids will. Protestantism is a doctrinal mess built on sand . Its slowly sinking into moral chaos right before our eyes.

The CC WON'T acknowledge any union that they did not perform; they don't consider any other group 'holy' enough to do that. Holy matrimony? How do they explain the 'holy' molestation of boys?

My husband will never perform queer (they are not 'gay') marriage...nor will my children.

The guys I mentioned happen to be brothers of one of my in-laws. I know what happened in those instances. You just verified what I said: that the CC counts a marriage void, if THEY did not perform it.

Our free America legally honors the marriages performed by other churches, as well as those that judges and justices-of-the-peace perform. And those marriages are HOLY as long as the couple keep their vows.

KayMarie

#436516 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"

Before God, yes. They do not get the legal protections of their society, but they are 'one' physically and spiritually.

KayMarie

#436517 Apr 30, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
If Catholic marriages weren't so amazingly Holy, it would much, much less than $69.95 to have them annulled.
Nope, careful investigation goes into every annulment, because they're so Holy.
It doesn't get more delusional than this: knowing, willful delusion.

When did they reduce the price? It cost my friends $500.00.

KM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436518 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your delusion is showing.
First, isn't God the one who supposedly defines marriage?
Second, a marriage is a sacrament, a sacred oath to God, right?
Now you want to tell us that for $69.95 "investigation," God will forget the sacred oath made before him!!!
Of course, why not? It's just a delusion. You can make it up as you go. Just like you did.
God defines marriage and a whole lot of other requirments for the Christian life. He founded His Church for the purpose of making these definitions known to us. But that gets us into the authority thing which I really have no interest in getting in to with you.

Yes, marriage is a sacrament. It requires full knowledge, understanding and consent by both parties. An "oath" taken by someone who doesn't understand the oath or even someone who has their "fingers crossed" (for lack of a better ananolgy), is what may make the ceremony invalid.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436519 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Before God, yes. They do not get the legal protections of their society, but they are 'one' physically and spiritually.
KayMarie
So fornication is ok with the pentecostals?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436520 Apr 30, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
If Catholic marriages weren't so amazingly Holy, it would much, much less than $69.95 to have them annulled.
Nope, careful investigation goes into every annulment, because they're so Holy.
It doesn't get more delusional than this: knowing, willful delusion.
When did they reduce the price? It cost my friends $500.00.
KM
protestant divorce costs a helluva lot more than that.

#436521 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"

Silly. The CC didn't perform my marriage, and it is legal AND HOLY.

KM

#436522 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"

Is THAT why you do annulments? At least we call it what it is...a DIVORCE...and a SIN.

KM
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436523 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Is THAT why you do annulments? At least we call it what it is...a DIVORCE...and a SIN.
KM
A civil annulment is not the same as a Church annulment.
They are entirely different things.
One has nothing to do with the other.
As you've been told at least half-a-dozen times before.
truth

Ardross, Australia

#436524 Apr 30, 2013
Wicket is always wicket they know set up on evil way against everyone..liars from beginning.
no justice for good people
never will be
you don't need trust authority of them who ever they are
byyyyyyyyyy
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436525 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Silly. The CC didn't perform my marriage, and it is legal AND HOLY.
KM
The Church recognizes your marriage as valid.
If a Catholic marries outside the Church without permission, then the marriage is not canonically or sacramentally valid.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436526 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
KM
Here is the craziness of annulment: One annuls their marriage so their marriage is no longer recognized by the church. Once annulled both parties are "free" to get married in the church again. Now here is the kicker: if the Catholic has his marriage annulled and he has children he must no longer recognize those children as his own. They are disowned. Unbelievable nonsense but its another money maker for the vatican...
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436527 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the craziness of annulment: One annuls their marriage so their marriage is no longer recognized by the church. Once annulled both parties are "free" to get married in the church again. Now here is the kicker: if the Catholic has his marriage annulled and he has children he must no longer recognize those children as his own. They are disowned. Unbelievable nonsense but its another money maker for the vatican...
That is completely false.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436529 Apr 30, 2013
‘The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not love.’
— Réginald Garrigou-Lagrange

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436530 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
KM
Do you ever get the feeling that you've over-dosed on self-perceived holiness?

:)
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436531 Apr 30, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That is completely false.
You want to bet. My ex-husband annulled our marriage so he could marry his girlfriend. The condition was he had to disown his children so I wrote a note to the pope on the back of my annulment papers. AND I'm happy to say I am no longer a Catholic...

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436532 Apr 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther was a catholic till his death, even if he did lead the protest that start the reform.
He was a Catholic protestor who wanted to marry, and he couldn't marry as a Catholic, so I agree that at heart he was a married Catholic with a new title of Protestant.

Location hidden

#436533 Apr 30, 2013
492 408
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you were worshipping idols which is contrary to the teaching of the Catholic Church. That made you a crappy Catholic and a prime SBC candidate.
You don't have the authority to say what makes a marriage, escpecially in light of your multiple failures in that deaprtment. And Jesus doesn't say one word about the length of time or how many kids they have.
"Question: If a marriage was never valid, why does it need to be annulled!!!!!????"
It is a declaration that a "marriage" never took place.
I did not say I was the only Catholic worshiping idols..I said they were and still are teaching this pagan practice.

You are denying the truth in Christianity, the English dictionary and the Bible when you deny Catholics worship idols...

Quote:
idol: a material effigy that is worshiped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

worship:(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")

You are denying that Catholics show profound religious devotion and respect to, adore, and venerate Mary.

If it never took place,why does it have to be declared that it never took place!!!!!????

Annulments are not supported by Scripture....period.....its a cash cow...same as selling of candles...paying for masses for the dead...bingo...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want a sugar daddy! (May '12) 5 min munchana 117
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min The Hangman 971,828
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Nohweh 49,673
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 51 min poptropaa 44
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 182,660
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 105,692
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr DebraE 28
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Barnsweb 445,762
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 9 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web