Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665168 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#436498 Apr 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The One who points to Jesus is the True follower of Jesus.
Because only Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
You Hojo are a mocker of the word of God, you do not follow Jesus you follow man made traditions of a religious sect nothing more.
I/We as Catholics worship, believe, adhere to and follow Jesus Christ, FIRST and FOREMOST-------in and through His one (and only one true) Catholic Church.......... You bible only condemning and judgmental hypocrites-- worship "the bible"!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436499 Apr 30, 2013
P.S. Further proof that CC's see the CC as God.
They view a marriage as void if THEY did not perform it. "God" (to them) did not join the pair together.

KayMarie
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436500 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
You didn't understand what you were taught then if you were worshipping idols. Thankfully the SBC has lots of room for slow learners.
An annulment doesn't disolve a marriage, it says a valid marriage never took place. As Jesus said "what God has joined, let no man put asunder".
An annulment doesn't dissolve a marriage...that is true. Legally an annulment only works if the marriage has not been consummated.
But I know some guys who paid for and got a (supposed) annulment even after years of 'consummation'...and children.
The CC however views a marriage as void if THEY didn't perform it, or if one was not a CC. Or whatever other loophole they find.
KayMarie
Wrong...on all counts.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436501 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You didn't understand what you were taught then if you were worshipping idols. Thankfully the SBC has lots of room for slow learners.
An annulment doesn't disolve a marriage, it says a valid marriage never took place. As Jesus said "what God has joined, let no man put asunder".
An annulment doesn't dissolve a marriage...that is true. Legally an annulment only works if the marriage has not been consummated.
But I know some guys who paid for and got a (supposed) annulment even after years of 'consummation'...and children.
The CC however views a marriage as void if THEY didn't perform it, or if one was not a CC. Or whatever other loophole they find.
KayMarie
Don't tell me what the "CC" says, you don't know. All you know about the "CC" is what you hear in your coffee klatches.

And what you think is legal in the eyes of the Church is also based on ignorance.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436502 Apr 30, 2013
They view a marriage as void if THEY did not perform it. "God" (to them) did not join the pair together.
KayMarie
Do you consider a marriage valid if a couple goes in the woods and professes vows to each other in front of an oak tree?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436503 Apr 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
By all reason, the annulment game is delusional.

How much time, effort, money, and witnesses would it honestly take to make a well-informed moral judgement of that supposed magnitude?

Answer -- a lot.

How much "careful investigation" can possibly go into the average annulment?

Answer - not much.

10 year marriages and 20 year marriages are routinely declared invalid on the best investigations $69.95 can buy.

Why? Because all the players knows it is delusional.

A sacrament is easily dissolved by a $69.95 ritual. Thank you Jesus.

Catholics of yesteryear would be outraged.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436504 Apr 30, 2013
KayMarie
Wrong....again.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#436505 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
Its not a loophole. Marriage is Holy Matrimony. Why would the Catholic Church acknowledge a union between a two people, performed by a county judge, at some park?
Or between a man and woman with some guy presiding who says he is a ministrer?? You guys made a joke out of Holy Matrimony. Does your husband perform Gay marriages yet? Trust me, your Grandkids will. Protestantism is a doctrinal mess built on sand . Its slowly sinking into moral chaos right before our eyes.

Location hidden

#436506 Apr 30, 2013
492 408
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood then...I understand now....I explained it...its all in my post...

I would say when people have been married for years and have children from this marriage....there was a valid marriage!!!!!

Where does the Bible say Catholics can dissolve a marriage by simply "issuing an annulment"?????

Question: If a marriage was never valid, why does it need to be annulled!!!!!????
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436507 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the religions that became strong were driven by meat-eaters. Apparently those who didn't mind killing other humans over dogmas, also didn't mind killing other animals for desert.
I have no problem with meat-eaters.

I'm a humanitarian.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436508 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
By all reason, the annulment game is delusional.
How much time, effort, money, and witnesses would it honestly take to make a well-informed moral judgement of that supposed magnitude?
Answer -- a lot.
How much "careful investigation" can possibly go into the average annulment?
Answer - not much.
10 year marriages and 20 year marriages are routinely declared invalid on the best investigations $69.95 can buy.
Why? Because all the players knows it is delusional.
A sacrament is easily dissolved by a $69.95 ritual. Thank you Jesus.
Catholics of yesteryear would be outraged.
If we can define what a marriage is, why can we not define what a marriage isn't?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436509 Apr 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
492 408
<quoted text>
I understood then...I understand now....I explained it...its all in my post...
I would say when people have been married for years and have children from this marriage....there was a valid marriage!!!!!
Where does the Bible say Catholics can dissolve a marriage by simply "issuing an annulment"?????
Question: If a marriage was never valid, why does it need to be annulled!!!!!????
You said you were worshipping idols which is contrary to the teaching of the Catholic Church. That made you a crappy Catholic and a prime SBC candidate.

You don't have the authority to say what makes a marriage, escpecially in light of your multiple failures in that deaprtment. And Jesus doesn't say one word about the length of time or how many kids they have.

"Question: If a marriage was never valid, why does it need to be annulled!!!!!????"

It is a declaration that a "marriage" never took place.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436510 Apr 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a loophole. Marriage is Holy Matrimony. Why would the Catholic Church acknowledge a union between a two people, performed by a county judge, at some park?
Or between a man and woman with some guy presiding who says he is a ministrer?? You guys made a joke out of Holy Matrimony. Does your husband perform Gay marriages yet? Trust me, your Grandkids will. Protestantism is a doctrinal mess built on sand . Its slowly sinking into moral chaos right before our eyes.
If Catholic marriages weren't so amazingly Holy, it would much, much less than $69.95 to have them annulled.

Nope, careful investigation goes into every annulment, because they're so Holy.

It doesn't get more delusional than this: knowing, willful delusion.

#436511 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Do you consider a marriage valid if a couple goes in the woods and professes vows to each other in front of an oak tree?

Our legal protections make for good sense...but they are not the marriage. The Indians once married by jumping the broomstick together. Other cultures had similar practices.

The 'real' marriage that God 'joins together' is when the man and woman 'become one'.

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436512 Apr 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If we can define what a marriage is, why can we not define what a marriage isn't?
Again, your delusion is showing.

First, isn't God the one who supposedly defines marriage?

Second, a marriage is a sacrament, a sacred oath to God, right?

Now you want to tell us that for $69.95 "investigation," God will forget the sacred oath made before him!!!

Of course, why not? It's just a delusion. You can make it up as you go. Just like you did.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436513 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They were trained to believe only what the hierarchies wanted to them to believe.
All other literature was forbidden. The bible was forbidden to parishioners.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……
In England the penalty for daring to read the Bible in the vernacular tongue was TO BE BURNED ALIVE. The inquisitors and ecclesiastics carried on a persecution against the disciples of Wickliffe, for a century and a half on this ground, and many were burned alive. In 1519 seven persons were burned alive at Coventry, having been convicted of the crime of having the Scriptures in their possession, or portions of same. Such scenes were extensively repeated. All of the Bibles also were burned that could be obtained—an example which Romish priests in this land are now intent to follow.
Just the opposite. Their beliefs became the hierarchy's beliefs. And there was much debate and searching for the TRuth.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436514 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Our legal protections make for good sense...but they are not the marriage. The Indians once married by jumping the broomstick together. Other cultures had similar practices.
The 'real' marriage that God 'joins together' is when the man and woman 'become one'.
KayMarie
So sleeping together makes them married?

#436515 Apr 30, 2013
who="Clay"

The CC WON'T acknowledge any union that they did not perform; they don't consider any other group 'holy' enough to do that. Holy matrimony? How do they explain the 'holy' molestation of boys?

My husband will never perform queer (they are not 'gay') marriage...nor will my children.

The guys I mentioned happen to be brothers of one of my in-laws. I know what happened in those instances. You just verified what I said: that the CC counts a marriage void, if THEY did not perform it.

Our free America legally honors the marriages performed by other churches, as well as those that judges and justices-of-the-peace perform. And those marriages are HOLY as long as the couple keep their vows.

KayMarie

#436516 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
So sleeping together makes them married?

Before God, yes. They do not get the legal protections of their society, but they are 'one' physically and spiritually.

KayMarie

#436517 Apr 30, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
If Catholic marriages weren't so amazingly Holy, it would much, much less than $69.95 to have them annulled.
Nope, careful investigation goes into every annulment, because they're so Holy.
It doesn't get more delusional than this: knowing, willful delusion.

When did they reduce the price? It cost my friends $500.00.

KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 min Seentheotherside 464
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min Voyeur 39,216
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 20 min Truthiness 24
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min Scaritual 87,943
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 1 hr rocko 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,496
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr karl44 977,199
The Future of Politics in America 21 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web