Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665429 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#436478 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to many in religion, this world is but a passing illusion. It's the hereafter that offers rewards to the brave and wise, and punishment to the dumb and dumber.
HELLLLLLLLLP!!!
:)
And what precise Christian Denomination is this???

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436479 Apr 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if/when you're ready to get rid of them antichrist demons, June, i can help you out:)
I don't believe in demon existence ... whether Catholic or Protestant in flavor.

Location hidden

#436480 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some people believe it would be a kindness to put an extremely malformed baby to death.
Others believe it a kindness to allow the same baby to live.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..
Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.
Morals, since before the time Of Aristotle and Plato have been the focus of deep thought, not imagination. I don't recall Mt Ludovicis name in any serious writing on morals.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436481 Apr 30, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>and what is it that can ascribe only this single motive. Insisting this is true it must be true that any priest says this is doing so to run down the competition
Well, if I believed that my cult could remove demons from you, and you said that your cult could also remove demons, and I said "NO ... only my truth-telling members are qualified to remove demons," wouldn't YOU feel "put down?"

That could hurt the Protestant teenage girl's feelings and damage their psyches for "life."

You have to learn to share and stop trying to put those you perceive as disadvantaged down. It's not nice to squabble about whose god is right ... when there's only one god in the sky playing peek-a-boo when no-one is looking.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436482 Apr 30, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>And what precise Christian Denomination is this???
I want to know first if you are carrying a gun along with that bible.

Location hidden

#436483 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that Jewish Apostles would "with pride no less" prophecy of Jesus "another Jew" coming in the flesh to save only those claiming to be Christians, is beyond ridiculous.
It would be comparable to Catholic Apostles prophesying (with pride) that a Catholic savior was coming to earth in the flesh to give messages from the Catholic GOD that would save only those of the Protestant religion.
Had they asked questions of their dogmas, they would see that the theologians were nuttier than fruitcakes. But so trained were and are they to never question "GOD" they simply look outward scanning the horizon for EVIL in others, and don't see the foolishness of their own preaching.
Most of the earliest "theologians" of the Church were highly educated" trained in Philosophy, Rhetoric etc in the best schools of the day, many of them secular, not religious.

Location hidden

#436484 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if I believed that my cult could remove demons from you, and you said that your cult could also remove demons, and I said "NO ... only my truth-telling members are qualified to remove demons," wouldn't YOU feel "put down?"
That could hurt the Protestant teenage girl's feelings and damage their psyches for "life."
You have to learn to share and stop trying to put those you perceive as disadvantaged down. It's not nice to squabble about whose god is right ... when there's only one god in the sky playing peek-a-boo when no-one is looking.
Injure the teenager's feelings?????????? You should be on the side of not harming the subject of the "exorcism" by doing a procedure with someone who untrained on someone who is mentally ill of suffers from neurological impairment. Before the Catholic Church will do an exorcism the subject undergoes rigorous psychological and physical diagnosis to rule out other causes.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436485 Apr 30, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Morals, since before the time Of Aristotle and Plato have been the focus of deep thought, not imagination.
So thought is NOT imagination???

By the way ... how deep IS deep?

Kitwanga, Canada

#436486 Apr 30, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the earliest "theologians" of the Church were highly educated" trained in Philosophy, Rhetoric etc in the best schools of the day, many of them secular, not religious.
They were trained to believe only what the hierarchies wanted to them to believe.

All other literature was forbidden. The bible was forbidden to parishioners.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

In England the penalty for daring to read the Bible in the vernacular tongue was TO BE BURNED ALIVE. The inquisitors and ecclesiastics carried on a persecution against the disciples of Wickliffe, for a century and a half on this ground, and many were burned alive. In 1519 seven persons were burned alive at Coventry, having been convicted of the crime of having the Scriptures in their possession, or portions of same. Such scenes were extensively repeated. All of the Bibles also were burned that could be obtained—an example which Romish priests in this land are now intent to follow.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436487 Apr 30, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Injure the teenager's feelings?????????? You should be on the side of not harming the subject of the "exorcism" by doing a procedure with someone who untrained on someone who is mentally ill of suffers from neurological impairment. Before the Catholic Church will do an exorcism the subject undergoes rigorous psychological and physical diagnosis to rule out other causes.
I was spoofing you.

I believe that exorcism is plain silly.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#436488 Apr 30, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Injure the teenager's feelings?????????? You should be on the side of not harming the subject of the "exorcism" by doing a procedure with someone who untrained on someone who is mentally ill of suffers from neurological impairment. Before the Catholic Church will do an exorcism the subject undergoes rigorous psychological and physical diagnosis to rule out other causes.
Be advised, June is a minor.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436489 Apr 30, 2013
Protestants were the first ones to allow the parishioners to read bibles.

Once the cat was let out of the bag, the Catholics consented to their followers that "god" had changed his mind and did in DEED want them to read the bible.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436490 Apr 30, 2013
Image suffering from mental illness and being informed by a member of clergy that you are full of demons.

THAT ought to really make a person's day!

Sarcasm intended.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#436491 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Believes are free ... so if you so choose, you can pick your own poison.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Religious Tolerance
Overview:
Satan is a.k.a. as The Devil, Beelzebub, Lucifer, Mephistopheles, Prince of Darkness, Accursed Dragon, Foul Spirit, Satanic Power, Master of Deceit, etc.)
There is no consensus in North America about the nature of Satan. A 2002-AUG poll by Barna Research showed that:
Most American adults (59%) consider that Satan is simply a symbol or concept or principle of evil, not an actual personality. Three in four Roman Catholics believe this; 55% of Protestants agree.
A minority of adults (34%) believe Satan to be a living being with supernatural powers.
Most conservative Christian churches teach beliefs that are grounded in the 1st century CE - that Satan is a profoundly evil, fallen angel who is totally dedicated to the destruction of everyone's lives.
Liberal/progressive Christian churches tend to view Satan as a principle or concept of evil, without any physical existence or personality.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_sat1.ht...
I see you know all the names of your father.
You still haven't got it right however.
Luther was a catholic till his death, even if he did lead the protest that start the reform.
Burning people at the stake, and torturing them was a catholic thing so they could steal all their possessions.
The horror that man has done to man in the name of God, because of money and power, lust, comes from YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436492 Apr 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They do...I know..I were a Catholic for forty years...Get help to understand what is written....your answer is therein...
Where does the Bible say Catholics can dissolve a marriage by simply "issuing an annulment"?????
You didn't understand what you were taught then if you were worshipping idols. Thankfully the SBC has lots of room for slow learners.

An annulment doesn't disolve a marriage, it says a valid marriage never took place. As Jesus said "what God has joined, let no man put asunder".
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436493 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You "logic" is ... all religions but mine are false.
Thank you for pointing that out. We should end that kind of negativity.

Instead, we should rejoice in the fact that we agree on 95%- 100% of the issue.

We all agree that between 95% and 100% of the world's religious dogma is baloney.

Let us pray....

Hello God, thank you for allowing mankind to agree so much. And please end cancer too. Amen

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436494 Apr 30, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
You didn't understand what you were taught then if you were worshipping idols. Thankfully the SBC has lots of room for slow learners.
An annulment doesn't disolve a marriage, it says a valid marriage never took place. As Jesus said "what God has joined, let no man put asunder".

An annulment doesn't dissolve a marriage...that is true. Legally an annulment only works if the marriage has not been consummated.
But I know some guys who paid for and got a (supposed) annulment even after years of 'consummation'...and children.

The CC however views a marriage as void if THEY didn't perform it, or if one was not a CC. Or whatever other loophole they find.

KayMarie
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#436495 Apr 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They do...I know..I were a Catholic for forty years...Get help to understand what is written....your answer is therein...
Where does the Bible say Catholics can dissolve a marriage by simply "issuing an annulment"?????
Lol.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#436496 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WHY DO YOU LIE ON GOD AND ACCUSE HIM OF
CREATING a realm where suffering existed .
~~~~~~~~~~
GOD CREATED A PERFECT WORLD...and you lie if you say he didn't...
GOD CREATED A PERFECT MAN AND WOMAN...you lie if you say he didn't.
THE DEVIL TEMPTED MAN AND TOGETHER THEY HAVE CREATED A REALM OF SUFFERING.
YOUR ABANDONMENT,OF GOD... AND BECOMING AN ENEMY ... OF GOD IS BASED
UPON A LIE FROM THE PITS OF HELL..
Why don't you leave her alone. Suppose she is mentally ill which is very possible.... should you be treating her like that? You memorized the Bible and declared yourself a Minister, didn't you learn anything about Jesus Christ from the Gospels?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#436497 Apr 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you know all the names of your father.
You still haven't got it right however.
Luther was a catholic till his death, even if he did lead the protest that start the reform.
Burning people at the stake, and torturing them was a catholic thing so they could steal all their possessions.
The horror that man has done to man in the name of God, because of money and power, lust, comes from YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL.
As soon as your refomers got into power they were burning and torturing to beat hell.

And Luther was excommunicated in AD 1521, he did not die a Catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min RiversideRedneck 977,422
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 5 min RiversideRedneck 243
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 6 min Guest appearance 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Scaritual 88,323
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,844
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 284,610
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Ricky F 184,766
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Joe Fortuna 619
The Future of Politics in America 8 hr Buck Crick 270
More from around the web