Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596039 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436249 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Most of the time, unknowledgably, it seems people make a hell of their own life.
God planned it that way! Had he not created Adam and Eve, all this would never have occurred.

Even the non-human animals wouldn't suffer as we all know from the theologians that GOD in his wisdom make us managers over other animals so that they also could suffer.

Stupid dogmas.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436250 Apr 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's worse: Someone who denies the existence of God for various reasons or someone who says God exists and they are a Christian, BUT they undid the teachings that came directly from Jesus Christ. They use the Holy Scriptures as a weapon to cast all of Gods creation to Hell - except for the privileged born again evangelical fanatics. They spend their days bearing false witness against the only Church started by Jesus Christ; they call people like June, demonic trash who'll burn in Hell with the rest of the Atheist, Catholics, Muslims, Jews and Chinese and Native Americans.
I would say, you're just as screwed as anybody else, only you're too arrogant to acknowledge it. You think you are a prophet, but all you do is create more Atheist with your deliberate ignorance of the Bible. You have no right telling ANYONE they are headed to Hell. You can't see into their soul. Only God can and only God will judge.
~~~

I AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM ...AND YOUR OPINION CARRIES NO WEIGHT WITH HIM...

I STRIVE TO ABIDE IN CHRIST AND ALLOW HIM TO ABIDE IN ME.

I SIMPLY BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND I AM SAVED...

AS THE BIBLE SAYS...

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

YOU BELIEVE

THAT ONE HAS TO PERFORM A WHOLE CATECHISM OF CALISTHENICS, RITUALS
CEREMONIES ETC...

AND

AFTER PERFORMING ALL THE REQUIRED ACTIVITIES ...

A PERSONS SALVATION IS STILL IN QUESTION ..

___

AS FOR ME..... IN ANSWER TO YOU MEAN SPIRITED POST...

AS THE PSALMIST WROTE
Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436251 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you smell your own stench, or do you depend on others for that "awakening?"
June VanDerMark:

Having a lot of experience with pride, I do battle it immediately, as it confronts me in the mirror, and as it throws me down, and I wrestle until I am exhausted, but will not let this defeat me. It is a messy and smelly affair.

I like an honest opinion, and guidance from others, who know better. But since I am old, experience has taught me as well. Just call me a silly old man.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436252 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Today, Catherine of Siena. I love all the mystics. She is the only non-clergy Doctor of the Church.
How could a non-clergy doctor become a Catholic saint?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436253 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Just call me a silly old man.
I already did, and you just went right on preaching about Catholic saints.

By the way, do you believe that the supposed Jesus was a Catholic saint?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436254 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
vkorchnoifan
I beg the question," What is "morally superior"?
Q: What is "morally superior?"

A: Any person or group who claims to have "perfect teachings" on morals.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436255 Apr 29, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR delusions and haluciantions are right now very high,
urgently need dr Shrink examination,and throw you to the mental spiritual facility under control of dr Shrink.
WHO KNWS?MAYBE YOU CAN BE CURE??
there is on Highway to the HELL, huge trafic congestion,argues who first,devil police sirens,
I hope you end your car journey to the hell very soon?
Exactly.

All of man's gods throughout history are imaginary, except for "yours."

We are in wide agreement about the world's religious dogma. We agree that it's all imaginary, all except for yours.

You gleefully dream of 95% of humans will go to Hell.

What does that say about you?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436256 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NOW PLEASE don't offend your Catholic religion by trying to play nice.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June VanDerMark:

I don't want to back-peddle here.

It is a pretty tough Creed to get through, and I suspect it was used in different ways, for different people, at different times.

For the intention of unity, and division such a "questionable" creed developed in the history of the RCC.

Is it still "valid". It exists. But seems to be a source of division, rather than supporting the more universal salvation in Jesus Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436257 Apr 29, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"

'Moral' is not an opinion or a claim. Those who are morally superior are honest, faithful, pure and kind. They 'do unto others AS THEY WISH OTHERS TO DO UNTO THEM'...no room for mistreating any person.

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436258 Apr 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you must know, i rarely get sick. but, when i have and visited the dr for it, i usually have had to let the thing run it's course anyways.....
now, back to how you get your sins forgiven; does your medical scientist do that for you?:)
Nice spin. But through it all, you do not rely on Biblical medicine.

Most Christians do not rely on Biblical medicine, no more than they rely on Biblical mechanics or Biblical electricians.

Back to your imagined sin, true science does not recognize the supernatural, so medical science does nothing about having your sins forgiven.

That's just part of the scare tactics. If there is a God, all reason and logic tells me that God is far greater than what is implied by the absurd original sin game.

It may have made sense in the early Iron Age, but today, our collective sense justice says children are not responsible for the sins of their parents.

I believe most gods would get it. But not yours. Go figure?

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436259 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How could a non-clergy doctor become a Catholic saint?
June VanDerMark:

Her writings and teachings are so compeling, in the mystical sense of Christianity, that she is not just a saint, but a Doctor of all the Christians for all time.

What also makes her of interest is that she was part of the laity and not clergy.

Regretably, most Protestants have lost the sense of such mysticism, when they gradually walked away from great teachers.

Who will listen, let them have ears to hear.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436260 Apr 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics never believe links that point to any wrong doing by their church leaders. Why? Because they can't seperate God from their church leaders and to accuse their church leaders is to accuse God. Talk about being FEARFUL!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Just like the parents of some of the 9/11 terrorists still refuse to believe that their children were involved.

Many Catholics still refuse to believe that the worldwide abuse cover-up showed a lack of morality.

The Catholic church put its welfare ahead of the welfare of thousands of child sex victims.

That is immoral, plain and simple -- to anyone except a catholic.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436261 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did, and you just went right on preaching about Catholic saints.
By the way, do you believe that the supposed Jesus was a Catholic saint?
June VanDerMark:

Since the word catholic means "universal/inclusive " then Jesus is the First Saint in a sense, since he preached to the Jews, Samaritans(half-Jewish people), and Gentiles, universal salvation.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436262 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice spin. But through it all, you do not rely on Biblical medicine.
Most Christians do not rely on Biblical medicine, no more than they rely on Biblical mechanics or Biblical electricians.
Back to your imagined sin, true science does not recognize the supernatural, so medical science does nothing about having your sins forgiven.
That's just part of the scare tactics. If there is a God, all reason and logic tells me that God is far greater than what is implied by the absurd original sin game.
It may have made sense in the early Iron Age, but today, our collective sense justice says children are not responsible for the sins of their parents.
I believe most gods would get it. But not yours. Go figure?
i see, so you can do no wrong/sin! isn't that what most serial liars, thieves and murderers believe???
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436263 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael:
It seems like your surprised/glad/satisfied a Catholic priest could/has sin/ned?
Be even more surprised, if they could'n't/haven't sinned?
There were two crimes.

1... child sex abuse

2... a systematic worldwide cover-up of child sex abuse

Local priests/abusers were not in charge of a worldwide cover-up.

Many catholics are still in denial. I understand, because this is one more moral lapse that further confirms that the "one true" claim is completely absurd.

God did not knowingly appoint and later guide this supposed one-true teacher of perfect morals in this immoral situation.

So either (1) God is fallible, or (2) the Catholic claim is absurd. It cannot be both.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436264 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Since the word catholic means "universal/inclusive " then Jesus is the First Saint in a sense, since he preached to the Jews, Samaritans(half-Jewish people), and Gentiles, universal salvation.
Let's play the game of the theologians.

If he preached that people had to be of the Catholic faith to be saved, then he was not at all a Jew.

I suggest you don't play games with the son of the one and only Creator who happens to this day to be Jewish. He could become very angry and you know how gods are when they get angry.

Now once again ... do you believe that as all the apostles, and Mary were Catholic saints ... that Jesus also ranked as a Catholic saint?

Note the word "Catholic" before the word saint.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436265 Apr 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see, so you can do no wrong/sin! isn't that what most serial liars, thieves and murderers believe???
I suggest you ask the serial killer theologians that promoted the idea that the one and only god of the Jews supported JUST war on behalf of Catholic, Protestants and Muslims.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436266 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Her writings and teachings are so compeling, in the mystical sense of Christianity, that she is not just a saint, but a Doctor of all the Christians for all time.
Then she was not a non-clergical doctor as you first indicated. She very much was a Catholic indoctrinated member of the clergy.

She had to be, or they would not have canonized her as a Catholic saint.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436267 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I don't want to back-peddle here.
It is a pretty tough Creed to get through, and I suspect it was used in different ways, for different people, at different times.
For the intention of unity, and division such a "questionable" creed developed in the history of the RCC.
Is it still "valid". It exists. But seems to be a source of division, rather than supporting the more universal salvation in Jesus Christ.
I'll make it simple for you.

Anyone who did not follow the dogma of the popes, which incidentally changed with each pope ... was imprisoned, tortured and/or put to death.

If that simple enough for you?
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436268 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion

Teaching and doing a moral act of good is always preferable to teaching and doing an immoral one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aerobatty 854,325
Newspaper Editorials 11 min Rani 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 min ChristineM 444,209
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 15 min sashi 189
How Many Basketball camps for boys are in US wh... 29 min hoopslessons 1
Gay Nation Wants To Replace American Flag 1 hr Burke Devlin 9
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 1 hr soloboy69 126
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr AntiqueAnnie 612,603
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 847
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DebraE 100,733