Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699665 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436401 Apr 30, 2013
ONLY desperate-minded people stoop so low as to quote their favorite scriptures in hopes that a god will adore them and disown others.

The despair they feel in the belief that they deserve love, and others deserve scorn and rejection, shows up in every post.

"Choose ME GOD, as I want to be your favorite. Those others are evil and I am very good."

Games that would have never existed ... if only the fantasy of religion had not had its way within the psyches of the ancient humans.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436402 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly!
If your god is all-powerful, he could stop the groaning immediately if that was his will.
Either he enjoys the suffering as his entertainment ... or no such image of a creator exists except in your welcoming psyche.
~~~

Have you no understanding that if God destroyed Sin and the result of sin

that

He would have to destroy you and me without mercy...

Have you not read in the old testament where is describes/says it will be again as it was before sin..

read it for yourself

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Isa 11:6==> The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.<===

Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

-___

Hos_4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#436404 Apr 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE ABOUT
animals with claws, sharp teeth, venom and the will to survive if he was merciful
YOU HAVE NO SCRIPTURE TO SUBSTANTIATE
Your problem is the bible owns you.

You refuse to think on your own. That is what the theologians hoped would become of you.

Any rational person would relate to the idea that a creator would not punish non-human animals for sin committed by humans.

I am not condemning you for your beliefs. I understand indoctrination and how if allowed by believers, it owns the mind.

I perceive that you are whole as you are and worthy of your own complete respect for your self. Theologians don't look it that way. They want to own your mind.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#436405 Apr 30, 2013
You can see from my posts, I don't want a following. I want people to think on their own, outside of what they have been taught in religious cults.

I've been under the spell of religion, so I understand its power to control.

Because of my own years of confusion, I wish to spare others FROM that confusion.

You might perceive that I am evil, and that is your right ... but I want you to look in the mirrors and say to yourselves "The best part of me is here and now, and I am whole just as I am. If others don't perceive me as worthy, that is their problem ... NOT mine."

That is my wish for you.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#436406 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, many babies are born with mental and physical problems when the parents are drug-addicted. Cells that create the babies can only take so much punishment before they also succumb to the drugs.
Can you imagine inebriated, over-dosed cells trying to properly function at their jobs?
It ain't gonna happen.
a girl that a friend of mine knows,was a heavy drug user,got pregnant the baby was born with only half brain function,webbed hands and feet,6 toeswill be a vegatable it's whole life.that is one reason i support the right to have abn abortion ,this girl should have,she had her tubes tied to stop her from having kids.

usa

#436407 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I find it fascinating that the Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all took their signal of supposed truth from the same supposed apostles.
Need more be said?
what choice did they have? there is only one resource to go by.
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#436408 Apr 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
hojo....did I miss your reply???????
I cannot believe you would lie, knowing that it could be proven, easily and without any doubt, to be a lie. You said, "you conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... Am I wrong?????
You said the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!! I quoted Scripture that shows the absurdity in your words...
I will be glad to repeat:
I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
Show me where I did insert the word "Catholic" in the above Scripture I quoted from the Book of Revelation.
Show me, according to your accusations, adding my own protestant propaganda, garbage interpretation, that is based upon an ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "anything" that the Catholic Church (to use your erroneous use of the word church) teaches or believes, in the following Scripture and my comments supported by said Scripture:
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)
Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)
You are denying the truth in Christianity, the English dictionary and the Bible when you deny Catholics worship idols...
Quote:
idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)
effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)
worship:worship:(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")
You are denying that Catholics show profound religious devotion and respect to, adore, and
venerate Mary.
Quote: And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
Where in the Bible does it say Catholics worship idols?

usa

#436409 Apr 30, 2013
who="jethro8" not knowing the mother i can't say if it's drug induced or not,i'm speaking biblically,and as i stated, god is the creator of every one of us,and how we come out of the womb is his doing.and if there was a drug induced problem,god could of fixed it before the baby was born,after all he can do anything.his power is unlimited.
God COULD have fixed it, yes. But He did not because there is a price to pay for disobedience/sin. Not 'the' mother; there are MANY babies born with problems from different sources.
God has offered us a Promised Land without tears, but we must voluntarily accept it/Him.
KayMarie
why punish the baby for the sins of the parents? not fair,the child has done nothing wrong.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436410 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Got it. False prophets should ide.
So why is Pat Robertson (hurricanes, end of times, etc.) still alive?
Seems that the era of "prophets" - false or otherwise - has ended. Today we call them simply "deluded."
The era of the prophets has not ended. Scripture tells us in the end times, God was going to raise up prophets, teachers,...to build His people up with truth. There are those who claim to be prophets who talk out of their vain imaginations and have led many astray. God is exposing the false ones. He's cleaning house. The bible tells us how to determine the false from the real prophet. Re: Pat Robertson, I don't listen to him so I cannot comment other than to say if what he says does not line up with scripture then I wouldn't listen to him.

usa

#436411 Apr 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Ruth writes a piece with no proof and you call it historic fact.
You searched for something to smear the Catholic Church with; it doesn't matter if its true or not; then you 'put it out there' to feel better about yourself for rejecting Christ.
You remind me how I indeed belong to the only Church started by Jesus Christ- Himself the victim of slander and lies.
if you read the whole thing you'll notice i never said it was historical fact,but it is true.if you ever watched the series the history of sex and how it changed the world,it is part of the documentory,that is why i looked into it and there is a lot of history written about "the catholic church brothels".

usa

#436412 Apr 30, 2013
socci wrote:
Kentucky woman ordained as priest in defiance of Roman Catholic Church
www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/28/us-usa-rel...
as time goes on yopu'll be seeing more catholic women priests because men do not want to be associated with a perverted church,even though they are not pedophiles people will look at a priest and wonder "is he one of them?" that is why attendance is way down at the college.only 27 men out of a usual 700+ went to the college.

usa

#436413 Apr 30, 2013
have a good day folks.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436414 Apr 30, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
More Bible magic....
There is the magical flood, yet we now know with certainty that the flood never happened.
There are the magical miracles of Jesus, but (predictably) none of these miracles left behind any tangible evidence.
There is the magical resurrection, yet there is zero evidence that it ever occurred and no reason to believe it.
Jesus appeared magically to many folks in the Bible - including some who knew him personally. Why? So they would believe. So why did Jesus stop appearing?
As the Age of Knowledge progressed, religious magic stopped.
Why?
The reason is obvious to all but the delusional.
I wouldn't describe what Jesus did as magical but I would agree it was miraclious. We read about the miracles then and we see them today as well. There is evidence of healings and such which we do see and hear about. I have witnessed it myself. Now I will say there are those who have preverted what Jesus and His followers have done for fame or financial gain. God will not be mocked. God has and is still exposing those fakes.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#436415 Apr 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>a girl that a friend of mine knows,was a heavy drug user,got pregnant the baby was born with only half brain function,webbed hands and feet,6 toeswill be a vegatable it's whole life.that is one reason i support the right to have abn abortion ,this girl should have,she had her tubes tied to stop her from having kids.
It's a slippery slope, as "only" hindsight has 100% vision.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#436416 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't describe what Jesus did as magical but I would agree it was miraclious.
A supposed Miracle always favors the one that believes the happening IS a miracle.

That is NOT a coincidence ... that is favoritism.

A child was lost and later found to be safe and alive. The religious ones praised the supposed god for the "miracle."

Another child was lost and found dead ... murdered by a serial killer.

That mother had also prayed for a miracle.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436417 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
You can see from my posts, I don't want a following. I want people to think on their own, outside of what they have been taught in religious cults.
I've been under the spell of religion, so I understand its power to control.
Because of my own years of confusion, I wish to spare others FROM that confusion.
You might perceive that I am evil, and that is your right ... but I want you to look in the mirrors and say to yourselves "The best part of me is here and now, and I am whole just as I am. If others don't perceive me as worthy, that is their problem ... NOT mine."
That is my wish for you.
~~~

For whatever underlying reason you are propagating lies that delude

and deceive. Like one that commits physical suicide, you are not

satisfied just to commit spiritual suicide or self destruct

spiritually...You are evidently working to take as many down with you,

as you can. I feel sorry for you ...but if you want to go to hell you

are wilfully you own bed..

I visited a man for several month in a neaby town...He had suffered 17 storkes...and each time he went to the hospital and recovered after physical therophy, he would return home.

One mornig I ask Him if he angry with any one...He told me he was angry with Jesus...I ask him why and he to ld me....II ask him if he was sure God was resopnsible for his grevience...after some thought he told me that He had changed his mind and did not blame Jesus for what had happened.

I told Him to ask God to forgive him ...and He did...

After that the man did not have any more strokes...

He later died...but it was from cancer of the lungs...He was an

addicted smoker.

Your anger against God will cost you...Not because God is vengeul but

becaues you have broken the hedge of protection that God puts around his faithful servants....

You have made yourself.... fair game for what ever the devil wants to send your way...

you can heed the warning or take what comes...you are packing you lunch

and come lunch time that is your fair...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#436418 Apr 30, 2013
Supposing that a god existed ... would a god of the Jews choose to perform miracles for Catholics and Protestants?

If you ask these questions of your selves, you will see that favoritism always goes directly to the dogmas created by the theologians in the individual cults.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436419 Apr 30, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
The era of the prophets has not ended. Scripture tells us in the end times, God was going to raise up prophets, teachers,...to build His people up with truth. There are those who claim to be prophets who talk out of their vain imaginations and have led many astray. God is exposing the false ones. He's cleaning house. The bible tells us how to determine the false from the real prophet. Re: Pat Robertson, I don't listen to him so I cannot comment other than to say if what he says does not line up with scripture then I wouldn't listen to him.
Exactly who has God exposed as one of the false prophets?

I haven't seen anything reported in any newspapers or on-line proclaiming: "God exposes a false prophet."

So who might this person or persons be?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436420 Apr 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you ask the serial killer theologians that promoted the idea that the one and only god of the Jews supported JUST war on behalf of Catholic, Protestants and Muslims.
suggestion REJECTED!!!

i thought i made it clear that i don't belong to a relgion and therefore your bigotry doesn't apply to me:)
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#436421 Apr 30, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
For whatever underlying reason you are propagating lies that delude
and deceive. Like one that commits physical suicide, you are not
satisfied just to commit spiritual suicide or self destruct
spiritually...You are evidently working to take as many down with you,
as you can. I feel sorry for you ...but if you want to go to hell you
are wilfully you own bed..
I visited a man for several month in a neaby town...He had suffered 17 storkes...and each time he went to the hospital and recovered after physical therophy, he would return home.
One mornig I ask Him if he angry with any one...He told me he was angry with Jesus...I ask him why and he to ld me....II ask him if he was sure God was resopnsible for his grevience...after some thought he told me that He had changed his mind and did not blame Jesus for what had happened.
I told Him to ask God to forgive him ...and He did...
After that the man did not have any more strokes...
He later died...but it was from cancer of the lungs...He was an
addicted smoker.
Your anger against God will cost you...Not because God is vengeul but
becaues you have broken the hedge of protection that God puts around his faithful servants....
You have made yourself.... fair game for what ever the devil wants to send your way...
you can heed the warning or take what comes...you are packing you lunch
and come lunch time that is your fair...
Thanks you for not shouting.

To preach at others at evil-doers does not help you to look at yourself.

I suggest that if you step off your pulpit, you will see your self as ... self-righteous ... sanctimonious ... pompous and very boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM Tr... 73,005
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min not a loser like ... 995,187
Hot Sale Nike Mercurial Superfly V Soccer Cleat... 1 hr newsoccercleats 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,509
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 2 hr George Jospeh 23
My wife and I are thinking of starting a business 3 hr tommy64 1
My ex-girlfriend and I dated for about 4 years 3 hr blake04 1