Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,152
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436092 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right. The critics always refer to things in the Old Testament which they have a hard time with and blame God. Yet,they ignore the fact that after Adam and Eve fail they were out of God's plan. These people look at the chaos in this world and say 'see look what God did',when the truth is "no, look what man did". God sent a plan to correct it all, but man continue to enjoy the destruction that man creates.
Truths Buster writes -- "God sent a plan to correct it all, but man continue to enjoy the destruction that man creates."

How do you know so much about God's plan, the Universe's greatest mystery?

You can't prove anything. You have no evidence that will hold up in any court. You can't test your theory. You can't measure it. You can't show that prayer works.

It's called faith. It is not fact or science. It's an opinion -- different from 95% to 99% of the rest of humanity.

Your pronouncements should begin with "I believe," and should not contain the term "fact."

If you tell the truth, then you don't have to make up lies.

The truth is that you judging others is just an opinion based only on faith, not fact.

That's truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436093 Apr 29, 2013
36 223 is that to much people
truth

Perth, Australia

#436094 Apr 29, 2013
36 223 did they going died because of evil people

evil people
evilllllllllll
truth

Perth, Australia

#436095 Apr 29, 2013
after this photo he have accident
much more
i have to be lucky alive

i will reject evil corrupt doctors i will revile all of them much more

evil peopleee
36 223 dead body na mrtvackoj kapsiiiiiiiiiii
is that big number 36 223
they are evil peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeee
corupt people deadly evil
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436096 Apr 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
Another catholic woman ordained a priest outside the church authority. Nearly 200 catholics attened the ceremony. That now makes 150 women priests worldwide.
http://wtax.com/Kentucky-woman-ordained-as-pr... .
.... Over 1,000 roman catholic priests in america (and growing) have joined a union (association) 47,000 nuns in america have defyed the vatican.
My, my how the catholic church has changed in just the past few years
Does this sound like a church in chaos? I think so.
I haven't seen a nun in years.

Thankfully, the manly Catholic Priesthood has the morals thing down perfectly.

Or, is that notion just part of the delusion?

Isn't that amazing, the Catholic church saying all other denominations are defective!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#436097 Apr 29, 2013
which court evil people control
not will be court
they going died from hand of evil people or someone need stop them
they know who they are
evilllllllllllllllllllll
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436098 Apr 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said what the title of this thread says.
Correct, the Orthodox Catholic Church is defective, but true as well.

But Protestants and non-Catholics can go to Heaven now, so that's a change.

Now for some reality. It's all imaginary. If it were real, God would never have allowed his only "true" church to be the largest child sex abuser on the planet. God would have never allowed Hitler to be an Altar Boy.

But then again, all of man's gods have been imaginary -- and the god who fosters child abuse is certainly no different.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436100 Apr 29, 2013
166 million killd and 500 milions in harh prison from communist
remember that
future will be deference
truth

Perth, Australia

#436101 Apr 29, 2013
now will be deference
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436102 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTH ABOUT GOD - the Truth....

All of man's gods throughout history have one thing in common.

None have left any evidence or proof.

There is no evidence that will hold up in any court. Nothing can be tested. Nothing can be measured. You can't show that prayer works.

It's called faith. It is not fact or science. It's an opinion -- different from 95% to 99% of the rest of humanity.

Pronouncements should begin with "I believe," and should not contain the term "fact."

If you tell the truth, then you don't have to make up lies.

Judging others is just an opinion based only on faith, not fact.

That's the TRUTH.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436103 Apr 29, 2013
you say that
i am not care
don't come on my funeral please
by

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436104 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now for some reality. It's all imaginary. If it were real, God would never have allowed his only "true" church to be the largest child sex abuser on the planet.
I suggest that the early Catholics learned all about sexual behavior from the Pagan religions. Ancient literature boasts of using boys for sexual pleasures. It was not considered a crime, or even anything disrespectful.

Now we call it pedophilia. Back then it was known as Man, boy LOVE ... which is from where the group of men that belong to NAMBLA take their literature, as they want to make taking advantage of boys seem normal.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Scholars have debated the role or extent of sexual activity, which is likely to have varied according to local custom and individual inclination.[8] The English word "pederasty" in present-day usage might imply the abuse of minors in certain jurisdictions, but Athenian law, for instance, did not recognize consent and age as factors in regulating sexual behavior.[9] As classical historian Robin Osborne has pointed out, historical discussion of paiderastia is complicated by 21st-century moral standards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_anc...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436105 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I haven't seen a nun in years.
Many of them have shed their habits and now wear plain clothes. You might be looking at a nun and not know she IS a nun.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436106 Apr 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
Another catholic woman ordained a priest outside the church authority. Nearly 200 catholics attened the ceremony. That now makes 150 women priests worldwide.
http://wtax.com/Kentucky-woman-ordained-as-pr... .
.... Over 1,000 roman catholic priests in america (and growing) have joined a union (association) 47,000 nuns in america have defyed the vatican.
My, my how the catholic church has changed in just the past few years
Does this sound like a church in chaos? I think so.
Modern Catholics can rebel in this era and there's not a darn thing the popes can do about such disrespect of hierarchy.

But back in the day, those nuns would have obeyed every ORDER put to them by the men ... or else suffer the consequences ... and the consequences were severe, as excommunication to devout believers meant burning in hell ... period.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436107 Apr 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Run along. You guys and your ignorance do nothing for Christianity. It gives the rest of us a bad name.
Hahahahahaha
truth

Perth, Australia

#436108 Apr 29, 2013
then you are santa close with care bare
donit ce ti cika paja monkey o yes he have big bag few 40 cents few green likerish..then
babunnnnnn or babum

bit ce prica ispricana na vrlo sigurnom mjestu
by

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436109 Apr 29, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right. The critics always refer to things in the Old Testament which they have a hard time with and blame God. Yet,they ignore the fact that after Adam and Eve fail they were out of God's plan. These people look at the chaos in this world and say 'see look what God did',when the truth is "no, look what man did". God sent a plan to correct it all, but man continue to enjoy the destruction that man creates.
I suggest you stop letting your image of a god "off the hook."

If the god created Adam and Eve, being all knowing, the god knew they would sin and turn everything wonderful of the creation into evil. And the god went ahead with his EVIL plan ... because the god-father of Judaism (Jesus' one and only father) created evil ... so he knows all about evil ... as he is evil.

Isn't the study of religion (theology) ever fun though?

:)
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#436110 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Correct, the Orthodox Catholic Church is defective, but true as well.
But Protestants and non-Catholics can go to Heaven now, so that's a change.
Now for some reality. It's all imaginary. If it were real, God would never have allowed his only "true" church to be the largest child sex abuser on the planet. God would have never allowed Hitler to be an Altar Boy.
But then again, all of man's gods have been imaginary -- and the god who fosters child abuse is certainly no different.
Religion - A Delusion:

Your prejudice dictates slander.

Try and get some objective data, then interpret it, and give your opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abu...

Note the prevalence of child abuse in the world. It is interesting to see that half of India's children have been sexually abused. Please try and get facts first, then think logically before giving an opinion, such as the church is the largest sex abuser on the planet.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#436111 Apr 29, 2013
And why the god of creation allows the punishing of non-human animals, is another one of those mysteries that theologians always ignore.

A god that would create animals with fangs, venom and claws is nothing to mess with ... even for the devout believers who would prefer to cast those thoughts out of their way and allow only the holy stuff to flow in from on HIGH ... high as in B.S.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436112 Apr 29, 2013
what deference
pedestrian
and what?
see
be good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 min Samantha Grace 1,090
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min lisw 173,658
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 738,902
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Patrick 227,431
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 259,251
Appjoy invite code 1 hr NoahSkix 70
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,456
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Truths 601,034
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 20 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••