Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654146 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436309 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If one is in a labyrinth, then its good to have someone start you in the right direction. It takes a little(lot for some like me) of effort after that to keep on going.
Religion is that right direction. Its good to have Jesus start you out.
So you are a Catholic following a Jew in the right direction HUH?

According to Jewish theology, if you follow a Jew, you will land in Olam Ha Ba.

That doesn't have that ring of "heaven" somehow ... does it???

:)
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436310 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are double-talking.
Catholics were the only ones that could canonize her as a Catholic saint.
June VanDerMark:

I think you missed my point. Sorry.

The rather invidous description of Christianity, known as Roman Catholic Church, was not invented until about Henry VIII, or Elizabeth I in England.(As being part of the "Empire", I suspect you have heard of them. Haha) Before that, Christians were known as being part of the Catholic Church.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436312 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES ... why didn't they canonize Jesus as a Catholic saint? After all they claim he authorized the new religion. Why did the Jewish apostles, Jewish Mary, and Jewish Peter the first supposed pope all become canonized as saints ... yet the Jewish founder of the religions wasn't put up by the hierarchy for sainthood?
WHY???
June VanDerMark:

Interesting question.

I can only give my own thinking on this.

Since Jesus is God and Man, He is above sainthood. He shared in our total humanity, except without sin. One might call Him the SAINT of Saints(or Saint of saints), because of being a human being.

As a general rule, saints were pretty big sinners, and dealt with it in their lives. They became examples.

I will think on it some more.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436313 Apr 29, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My father went to sunday mass every week. Died of a massive heart attack at 61. His first and last.
Everyday christians pray billions and billions of prayers each one selfishly asking for something. A young woman prays that it will be sunny on her wedding day this saturday, yet just down the road from her wedding, farmers will be praying for rain.
.......People pray for everything under the sun. People pray to be taller, to be shorter, to lose weight, to win the big game, to ace the exam, to have a boyfriend or have a girlfriend, or to win the lottery..........most people pray on sunday. Gods day off. That is not very nice.
I never pray, I figure things out myself. If they don't work out that is the way it was meant to be.
Try praying God's Word over your life and see what happens...'His Word will not come back void but it will accomplish what it purposes to do'
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436314 Apr 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Human Being:
If a thousand Christians do something wrong, the world makes a big deal.
If a million people in the world do something wrong, its hardly even mentioned.
Sounds like today's politicians. It is simply a battle between good and evil.
KayMarie
KayMarie

The battle of good and evil.

It may be in big numbers, and we so easily see the war in the world, but it is our susceptability(the way of the flesh) to fall into temptation.

"Deliver us from evil." It is something not far away, but begins in the heart. Our Lord's Prayer for us.

We must remember the beam in our own eye. In this way we may remember to be more humble.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436315 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link. That's something I'll read.
Yes, I agree. The word "should" does imply judgement.
In my judgement -- no just God should (or would) punish anyone for a crime committed by their parents.
In my judgement -- no just God should (or would) punish anyone based on their culture and religious upbringing.
I do not rule out the possibility of a Higher Power.
Just not an imaginary being driven by petty human emotions, one who is so arbitrary as to punish innocent children for circumstances completely beyond their control.
My mind says impossible. So I don't fear a petty, arbitrary god.
Religion - A Delusion

Higher Power. Hmmm.

If its dark in the house, and you cannot see, you might as well get over your fear of stubbing your toe, and turn on the light, so you can see.

I don't fear a petty and arbitrary god either.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#436316 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion - A Delusion
Higher Power. Hmmm.
If its dark in the house, and you cannot see, you might as well get over your fear of stubbing your toe, and turn on the light, so you can see.
I don't fear a petty and arbitrary god either.
You worship a god who holds children responsible for their parent's sins.

You worship a god who discriminates against people based on their culture (until Vatican 2 at least).

Is that because of fear, or do you share those same core values?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436317 Apr 29, 2013
who="Human Being"
KayMarie
It may be in big numbers, and we so easily see the war in the world, but it is our susceptability(the way of the flesh) to fall into temptation.
"Deliver us from evil." It is something not far away, but begins in the heart. Our Lord's Prayer for us.
We must remember the beam in our own eye. In this way we may remember to be more humble.

I understand that we can be tempted, HB. We need to fight the good fight of faith. Sometimes we fail, but He forgives and cleanses us when we confess to Him.

We are also told to restore others in a spirit of meekness, when we see their faults, knowing that we might also be tempted as they were.

KayMarie
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436318 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks again for link.
The Beatitudes in Matthew are wonderful, full of hope and joy.
Then we have "woe to you...
... who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.
... who are well fed now, for you will go hungry.
... who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep.
... when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets."
Forgetting the Communist overtones and any concerns about your standing with God as part of the richest, best feed Christian community in history.....
My question is, who were the false prophets?
Religion - A Delusion

There are examples of false prophets in the Old Testament, and this is a pretty broad topic.

I think Jesus condensed this saying, from Deuteronomy 13:1-5, but it was more for the individual.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Following someone who promises pie in the sky in the name of God, rather than following and loving God with all one's being, will lead to a lot of woe individually, and collectively.

Consider all politics. Even well meaning, a lot of grief in the world.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436319 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Catholic following a Jew in the right direction HUH?
According to Jewish theology, if you follow a Jew, you will land in Olam Ha Ba.
That doesn't have that ring of "heaven" somehow ... does it???
June VanDerMark:

Oh June. You see/seek division where there is none. There is neither Jew nor Greek, we are all one in Christ.(Galatians 3:28).
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436320 Apr 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Human Being"
KayMarie
I understand that we can be tempted, HB. We need to fight the good fight of faith. Sometimes we fail, but He forgives and cleanses us when we confess to Him.
We are also told to restore others in a spirit of meekness, when we see their faults, knowing that we might also be tempted as they were.
KayMarie
KayMarie

Thank you.

Galatians 6:1

I love to read the shorter letters of Paul. Each time I find something new and exciting.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436321 Apr 29, 2013
Time for me to go for tonight. Prayers and such.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#436322 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks again for link.
The Beatitudes in Matthew are wonderful, full of hope and joy.
Then we have "woe to you...
... who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.
... who are well fed now, for you will go hungry.
... who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep.
... when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets."
Forgetting the Communist overtones and any concerns about your standing with God as part of the richest, best feed Christian community in history.....
My question is, who were the false prophets?
The false prophets who claimed to speak for God, would include men like Zedekiah and the 400 “prophets” who assured Ahab and Jehoshaphat that “God” would give Israel the victory over Syria’s army (1 Kings 22:5). There were also those prophets who spoke from their own inspiration, claiming that God had spoken through them (Ezekiel 13:2). Hananiah is another example of a false prophet ( Jeremiah 28:1-17) who proclaimed God's plan before the King. His false prophecy led to his death.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#436323 Apr 29, 2013
What is The Mark of the Beast?

Interesting information to gleen from, but remember, The Command states "Thou shall not murder".

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/spiri...

http://www.truthinhistory.org/jewish-hatred-a...

It appears the Jewish leadership took Satan up on the offer Christ Jesus refused -

http://bible.cc/matthew/4-8.htm vs 8-10

Kitwanga, Canada

#436324 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Oh June. You see/seek division where there is none. There is neither Jew nor Greek, we are all one in Christ.(Galatians 3:28).
So the Muslims will be elated to hear that the Catholics and Protestants have finally seen the light and that all souls from all religions will be welcome in the high realm.

Then why are you people fighting over whose religion is the true one?

Stupid idiots!

Kitwanga, Canada

#436325 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Interesting question.
I can only give my own thinking on this.
Since Jesus is God and Man, He is above sainthood.
I'll be darned. I thought being a saint was as good as it gets.

Saint Jesus of the Catholic church has quite the ring to it ... don't ya think?

Kitwanga, Canada

#436326 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I think you missed my point. Sorry.
The rather invidous description of Christianity, known as Roman Catholic Church, was not invented until about Henry VIII, or Elizabeth I in England.(As being part of the "Empire", I suspect you have heard of them. Haha) Before that, Christians were known as being part of the Catholic Church.
What are you blathering about?

The first Catholic were always of the Roman Catholic church.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436327 Apr 29, 2013
Imagine how terrified humans were to be accused by a pope or an imam of offending a god and knowing that the pope or the imam had the final say in the issue!

There were no higher courts to which people could go for help.

John Calvin ordered the death of a seven-year-old child for slapping his parents, and the crowd honored that wretched crime as the will of a god.

They traveled in packs comparible to rabid dogs, singing the praises of one or another god as they went, and all the while they preached from the "good" books how to be holy.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436328 Apr 29, 2013
Imagine how parents felt when a child died and was not baptised in the church when they were told that that child would burn forever in the fires of hell.

How cruel and depraved were those men? How utterly heartless?

The study of the religions of world is the REAL theology, and it is NOT holy. It never was holy, and from my perspective anything based on ignorance and arrogance has no right to use the label of holy.

That is a crime against what should be ... conscience.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#436329 Apr 29, 2013
Patriot wrote:
What is The Mark of the Beast?
Interesting information to gleen from, but remember, The Command states "Thou shall not murder".
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/spiri...
http://www.truthinhistory.org/jewish-hatred-a...
It appears the Jewish leadership took Satan up on the offer Christ Jesus refused -
http://bible.cc/matthew/4-8.htm vs 8-10

I emailed this Dr Day once. She is a defender of the Roman Church and refuses to accept anything e.g. dogma not supported by the Bible. So much for women preachers.

The Pope claims to be 'vicar of christ'.

The Vatican has many men in their service, such as the Knights of Columbus. They do in fact run all the banks. The Rothschilds f.ex are papal knights..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_famil...

While the Jews do deny Christ so do all other religions. We are looking for the 'beast' of Daniel and Revelation and this is Rome's empire & church.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Happy Lesbo 64,133
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Brian_G 281,891
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 41 min gundee123 826
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 106,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 973,849
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 45,248
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 17 hr andy 43
More from around the web