Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#436057 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasy can create any scenario it pleases.
~~~~

You have demonstrated your above statement theory...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#436058 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
Interesting article....
March 18, 2013
Is Pope Francis Liberal or Conservative?
The Catholic position is not conservative or liberal, but superior, and you don't have to be Catholic to understand that this is not a claim born of sectarian chauvinism. The Church does not define itself based on a given society's political and cultural spectrum, but based on Absolute Truth, which she recognizes to be transcendent, eternal, and unchanging. You may disagree with her conception of Truth, perhaps even profoundly, yet believing that Truth exists is the only rational position.
This relates to a conversion experience I had a long, long time ago. I realized that if there wasn't something deeper than the political, deeper than the cultural even - if man's opinions were all there is -- then my "conservative" views were essentially meaningless. Sure, I liked them as I liked chocolate ice cream, but if they were just flavors of the day, how could I credibly say they were any better than liberal ones? To thus boast there had to a transcendent yardstick for judging such things. There had to be Truth.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/is_pop...
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#436059 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you feel sorry for me?
Spell it out ... I can take it.
Because I think you're profoundly lonely, June. That's a horrible place to be in. Agonizing, in fact. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I am, there's something going on with you, you're suffering in some way. And for that I feel sorry for you. I hurt for you. That's it, nothing earth shattering. I sense pain and it makes me sad.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436060 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the article! Here's more:
But the Church doesn't quack like a duck. She has a magisterium (teaching office) that has set certain doctrines in stone,
Here is another example of their "set in stone" doctrines.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Catholic church, and abortion on “Religious tolerance site

Circa 380 CE: The Apostolic Constitutions allowed abortion if it was done early enough in pregnancy. But it condemned abortion if the fetus was of human shape and contained a soul.

St. Augustine (354-430 CE) accepted the Aristotelian Greek Pagan concept of "delayed ensoulment". He wrote that a human soul cannot live in an unformed body. 3 Thus, early in pregnancy, an abortion is not murder because no soul is destroyed (or, more accurately, only a vegetable or animal soul is terminated).

Pope Sixtus V (1588) issued a Papal bull "Effraenatam" which threatened those who carried out abortions at any stage of gestation with excommunication and the death penalty.

Pope Gregory XIV (1591) revoked the previous Papal bull and reinstated the "quickening" test, which he determined happened 116 days into pregnancy (16˝ weeks).
Clay

United States

#436061 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you feel sorry for me?
Spell it out ... I can take it.
I think you're too attached to this Earth.
I'm almost 40 and yesterday I was 10 yrs old and playing little league baseball. Seriously, this life moves by too fast to get all fussy about it. When I'm 80 and taking my last breath, I'm sure I'll say the same thing.
God knows this better than us. Its pointless to get pissed because of hardships here. You should be asking God to see you thru it, not to reverse it; or cure it. Its about molding our hearts and minds to become like God envisioned us to be. Its not about a certain level of comfort you think you deserve.
Look, my Son was diagnosed with Autism.. I was mad at God. I quit praying for a little while and pouted. But the clear message I got back from him was: He was grieving too. He doesn't want anyone to deal with that, but sin has temporarily separated us from His plan. He lets this world turn and sadness and despair will not go away until the end of age. God will walk with you and help you carry your cross. He never ever fails to do so. Trust me, He picked me up more times than I deserved.
If we're too weak in the mind to pray, we should ask each other to pray for us. Or better yet, Mary and the Saints are eager to pray for us too, if we shall ask.

Prince George, Canada

#436062 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I think you're profoundly lonely, June. That's a horrible place to be in. Agonizing, in fact. I hope I'm wrong, but even if I am, there's something going on with you, you're suffering in some way. And for that I feel sorry for you. I hurt for you. That's it, nothing earth shattering. I sense pain and it makes me sad.
You don't hope you're wrong. You want to believe I am lonely and in need of consolation from YOUR supposed "god."

May I never get so lonely as to worship an image of a god that wills to burn his own creation in a hell and to end the world because of his own created mess.

I doubt that the dogmas could be more stupid even if more up-coming theologians gave it their ALL!

Now, my husband and I (both Atheists) are going to go watch a program on the telly, so my brain can get a break from religious nonsense and from your sanctimonious idea that I am "lonely" for company such as yours.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#436063 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're too attached to this Earth.
I suggest you leave the earth if it bothers you ... not by suicide of course ... but by god calling you home. Maybe if we all pray ...

Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#436064 Apr 28, 2013
... like the Christian religion itself, all the preaching of the Church must be nourished and regulated by Sacred Scripture. For in the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven meets His children with great love and speaks with them; (Dei Verbum 21)

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/i...

Prince George, Canada

#436066 Apr 28, 2013
Everyone wants to make eye contact with the man sitting at centre stage, a former shoemaker from rural Alberta turned spiritual leader. John de Ruiter claims to be the “living embodiment of truth.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/26/edmon...

Prince George, Canada

#436067 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
... like the Christian religion itself, all the preaching of the Church must be nourished and regulated by Sacred Scripture.
REALLY? And who do we trust to lead us? Would you recommend your self?

Prince George, Canada

#436068 Apr 28, 2013
It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.

Mark Twain
- What is Man?

Prince George, Canada

#436069 Apr 28, 2013
I wonder how many people would agree with the following words of the Jewish girl Ann Frank when she wrote of the bomb explosion that nearly killed Hitler?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.

The Fuhrer’s life was saved by Divine Providence and, unfortunately, he managed to get off with just a few scratches and burns.

Prince George, Canada

#436070 Apr 28, 2013

Be brave! Let us remain aware of our task and not grumble, a solution will come, God has never deserted our people.

Prince George, Canada

#436071 Apr 28, 2013

In March 1945, two months before the liberation of Holland, Anne died in the concentration camp at Bergen Belsen.
marge

Ames, IA

#436072 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. Hebrews 12:3
oh dear Regina i'm growing fainthearted with you, we must have something still in common to move forward in our relationship, like Him?
marge

Ames, IA

#436073 Apr 28, 2013
i suffered when i knew rainchester was suffering and now i hear regina is suffering(and i hate hearing that and don't understand it with believers unless it's for the glory of God) so come on Regina we can pray together.
marge

Ames, IA

#436074 Apr 28, 2013
'Or better yet, Mary and the Saints are eager to pray for us too, if we shall ask.'

better than God Himself? wow Clay, no wonder all the suffering among you if you don't have a direct line to the Almighty Creator.

And to call on dead created beings to get to God IS worshipping Creation.
truth

Perth, Australia

#436078 Apr 29, 2013
if not hitler no israerl..o yes now..they need what to be rich with ba nk..aaaaaaa just like that..
Are you for sure i am going be mother Mary again..no makac..

what a sham,e
ja silly evil spirtitul enternity
pokvareno misljenje evil

now yes i put my hand ovwer my face dear god if i could cry that this people not smile..yep they going around and smile..why not see someone stupid..
me

i don't care..i simple past talk by self drove and go i see them around even if i9 recognize i am not care..
so what
ah yes sun=beututifull light yellow..
suncorp=did you see how god working with my mind in some building where i go oposite train and bus station..
jesssssssssssssss
evil people
evil intetion
i am not going tell you whats will be happen..no

did worthy save someone

all train and bus remove then finish empty space nice beautifull value land better then corupt evil people ..rich o yes evil satanic org..
do you relize what they done to me and my family..
oh yes they are on holy place

evil people..now they can read..is that nice noo
find our why i died after 92 days when i come in this country

your evil justice is not my justice noooooooooooo
never will be

i am not care any more what evil people thinbking about me

corupy evil people

byyyyyy

don't cry when i died
truth

Perth, Australia

#436079 Apr 29, 2013
pokvareno davlije drustvo
sto molis sto ce biti

nek ih vrag nosi kud su posli

jesi ti to vidija da se neko moli a oni u svojoj pakosti i nemilosti nemogu biti gori..
lijepi cakulaju se
kako da ne
neka se cakulaju
sve ima pocetak i krajonaj ko je uvik plakao neka na kraju se smije

ja se necu vise molit

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#436081 Apr 29, 2013
rekao mi je jedan covjek nemoj molit vise niti istrazivat..neka ginu..ta pokvarena drustva od toga zivu

ona je umrla u gepeku..zapravo bila je ziva..gdje su je ubili pitaj boga

nece da slusa..jesi to vidija kako podvaljuju auto i tudju nesrecu
evil people=pokvareno drustvo
jos se triba molit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min nanoanomaly 831,499
Courtroom victim??? 32 min Protester 2
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 33 min Cool guy 298 239
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 45 min waaasssuuup 443,004
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min RiccardoFire 40,217
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 3,738
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,590
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 611,973
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Theswamiji 6,453
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Tony17 99,363
More from around the web