Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,015)

Showing posts 420,281 - 420,300 of512,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... I know the bible only Protestant "game" all too well, in dealing with people like you Ox!...It is a bible verse cafeteria style selecting of picking and choosing verses, then adding "your own" protestant propaganda, i.e.(graven image, idol worship) garbage interpretation to it, that is based upon an "ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "ANYTHING" that the Catholic Church teaches or believes!..Quite frankly "I couldn't care less" as to what you believe, Ox< regarding Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the over 1 Billion Catholics around the world, already know, believe, worship, adhere to and accept (without a doubt) the TRUTH that Jesus Christ intiated,established and formed HIS own TRUE CHURCH over 2000 years ago,(long before the bible, was even written in 397AD) the same bible that you "propagadize and editorialize",(to your own destruction). CNN, the liberal mainstream media, ABC, NBC or your local editorial newspaper are a joke!! They are as anti-catholic as you are OX!! For all I care, you can "continue" to play your "bible only" (Catholic bashing) merry-go-round circus game! It makes no difference to me! I/we as Catholics will continue to stick to the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist,the OT,NT (Gospel readings) the other Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel (each day) praying for your "misguided, condemning and judgemntal soul. You can believe and do what you want!!!
That is enough JD Black Label for you!!!! I got your first message...don't need a duplicate...please...don't need a third copy!!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
tell me ms. June VanDerMark,what are your thoughts of ancient aliens,that supposedly visited earth thousands of years ago,there is somewhat of actual proof that it is quite possible it happened,going by drawings,artifacts of flying objects,and people/aliens that do not look like the people of that time period,small spaceship looking artifacts were found made out of gold,how is that possible since the idea of flight probably never enter the minds of men going back 5000+ yrs ago? and the famous painting of the maddona with child,in the left corner is the sun,in the right corner is a man standing on a small hill pointing at what clearly shows a flying disc. did someone come to this planet and teach man how to survive? or were we put here by these people/aliens as an experiment? the acomplishments of the time period do not seem possible,a perfectly flat mountain top that was carved out in south america, with carvings dug into to them that only make sense when seen from the sky,and the pyramids so perfectly fitted together you can barely slide a piece of paper in between the stones,how is that possible with the "primitive tools" they had to work with in that time period? for the record i do believe we are not alone,the universe is just to large and to many planets exist that we can not be the only ones inhabitting it,steven hawking stated the universe is at least 500 billion square miles,and there are billions of planets,galaxies out there,some that started probably millions of years before man evolved,and these inahabitants are far more advanced than we are,and would it really be a good thing for man to meet an interact with these people/aliens?? if there is life out there would love to know before my time expires.
That was a fantastic poem by June Vandermark. It brought me to tears of love, and joy.
Aliens didn't build the pyramids. There is far too much evidence it was man. The man of that time was brilliant with his tools and abilities. There are tool marks on the massive stones. They knew how to push and pull things they were much skilled in masonry, compared too today.
Man did dream of flying 5000 years ago, just as the first people to fly did. We look to the sky an see a bird and think I wish I could do that.
Someone saw a log floating down a river, hay there's a bird standing on it, I want to do that. There's your first boat.
Were animals we never needed aliens to "teach" us to survive, who or what showed that lion how to survive? It's mother.
Though without doubt I believe there are other's out there, I never have believed they built pyramids for our dead Kings!
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Kentucky woman ordained as priest in defiance of Roman Catholic Church
www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/28/us-usa-rel...

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.
Has a pope ever been born out of wedlock?
Only two illegitimate children ever reached the papal throne; Pope John XI, who reigned from March 931 to December 935, and Clement VII, a member of the Medici family who stayed in office from November 1523 to September 1534.
i have a book that might interest you:what does the bible say about 500 real life topics.the ultimate AtoZ resource fully illustrated,contemporary topics one would not expect to find in the bible. published by thomas nelson inc. nashville,tennessee.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="jethro8" look i get your point,but it does not fit this situation,we are talking about a new born baby,that was born with a birth defect,not a serious one,but none the less the child has it and if god is the creator of life, he gave this child the illness,for some reason he thought it necessary to give this child a sisability,why? the child obviously has done nothing wrong, so why do this to him? or any child?
God doesn't 'give disabilities' to anyone. All such things are the result of something people do. Drugs the mother takes, disease, etc.
KM
not knowing the mother i can't say if it's drug induced or not,i'm speaking biblically,and as i stated, god is the creator of every one of us,and how we come out of the womb is his doing.and if there was a drug induced problem,god could of fixed it before the baby was born,after all he can do anything.his power is unlimited.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insinuating that every baby born with problems stems from parents that didn't behave in a proper way?
That is a very archaic attitude.
My guess is, cells simply do their own things and that means humans are often surprised by differences in cell formations.
you have a good point,children were born with defects way before the drug craze took hold.the only drug out there at the time was opium,which started in china,opium dens were very popular there and in the u.s..marijiuana was not widely used back then like it is today,and most of the drugs out today did not exist a few decades ago.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Books does Jesus say are the scriptures?
In the time of Jesus, every Jewish sect had a different canon of Books they considered Sacred Scripture. God never told them what set of Books are the Bible.
You teach a new and strange doctrine, that the Bible is the foundation of Christianity, when the Apostle Paul says the CHURCH is. Why is that?
You see Catholics kneeling in front of a statue, and falsely teach that we think its a diety; an idol. Why?
Do you see how I could never take you seriously?
clay:You see Catholics kneeling in front of a statue, and falsely teach that we think its a diety; an idol. Why? JETHRO:if it's not what you say it is,then what is it and why would you be kneeling in front of it and praying??......the truth is they are statues/idols created by the catholic church for profit reasons,that is why they changed the commandments,to make it ok to buy them,for it is forbidden to do what the church teaches,it says so in the true commandments,but to pay homage to their real god (the god of dead presidents)they changed things without devine authority.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

The amount of times I have heard that babies are born defected because the parents have done something wrong! If this were how you got deformation then we would all have obvious defects.
I believe chemicals massively affect our chromosomes, probably a lot more than any smoke of marijuana or opium would do to a baby.
Have you seen what the use of depleted uranium does to babies; this world is full of stuff that hurts us, and the Governments are perfectly ok with it all it seems.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

poor people have that program very sad accusation..
or corupt gowerment within under order about who?..

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Horrible history, as the bully-pope Gregory VII destroyed countless marriages and ended lives by throwing tantrums to get his own way.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.
Dedicated to the austere ideals of Cluny, Gregory sought to enforce clerical celibacy not only as a purer state but as a means of freeing the church from the world. In1074 he prohibited future marriages and ordered married priests to dismiss their wives or give up reading mass. Clerical marriage from his viewpoint was no better than fornication. Laymen were urged not to take the sacraments from such guilty priests. Havoc resulted. Priests were insulted, tortured; some were driven to suicide, some even murdered. Legal wives became harlots, and legitimate children, bastards. But Gregory moved relentlessly forward, unseating bishops who opposed him, especially in the north. He enforced clerical celibacy, but at a great price and without permanence, for at the time of the Reformation in the sixteenth century the church was licensing clerical concubines and taxing the children of bishops.
it's ok for him to do what he pleases, he is devinely guided by god/jesus.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
You were answered. We read this cover to cover; it is in the book you do not read thus do not know what it says.
Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:"
-
There are no Christian 'fanatics' as Catholics like to claim. It is either Biblical or it is not. The Bible says the roman Church is the harlot false religion and that is not a fanatical reading rather established scholarly doctrine and history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
Now you're saying "the Bible says the Roman CHURCH is the Harlot false religion"??
The truth is that it doesn't say it. Any reference to Rome is speaking of the Pagan Roman Empire- which we successfully converted. It was a miraculous victory that only could have come from above.
But I asked you a question and you still will not answer it.
You say Christians follow the Bible. I asked what Books?? I have 73 in my Bible, you have 66.
Where does Christ or His Apostles teach us which Books to put into a Bible and use those as the sole authority on the Ministry of Jesus Christ??

It must be there for you to teach what you do. You can't just make up a title about the Holy Scriptures, and tell everyone it is fact.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is enough JD Black Label for you!!!! I got your first message...don't need a duplicate...please...don't need a third copy!!!!!
Maybe a third copy "just might-----possibly penetrate that anti-catholic "polluted" mind, heart and soul, that has "infected and corrupted" you!!!!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You may intimidate your ex-girlfriend and ex-dog (who made the right decisions BTW), but I'd be happy to have a private conversation with you tough guy. Thanks for the kind words about my grandson.
and for the record she didn't make the right decission, due to the loss of my income to her,she is falling behind on her bills and mortgage,if she has no place to go or rents a place that does not allow pets,i get the dog, since i own half of it,and i don't have to put up with her paranoid,over controlling attitude she developed out of spite because under doctors orders,he doesn't want me working,and that really bothered her because she wants out of her job so bad,she was taking her frustrations out on me. i'm not happy being out of work,everything i own i worked for,never had anything handed to me,been working since i was 12,mowing lawns,then delivering newspapers,then a part time after school job working for a cleaning company,from there full time jobs,up until feburary when i went to see my doctor,he walked in stood looking at me for a minute and bluntly said "you look like hell",i lost 35 lbs. in less than 3 months he was concerned about a possible underliying problem,been going through scans, blood tests, bone marrow tests,spinal tap,and they sent it to the cdc in georgia,i don't have any tumors so they are stymied why i can't put weight on,i eat 4000 calories a day and i have only gained 5 lbs,should be a lot higher,been lifting weights to help put some weight on. so in short, life is good :)

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Ruth Karras, author of Common Women: prostitution and sexuality in medieval England, discusses how some bishops ran and owned brothels in England during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries.“Ecclesiastical institutions and individuals owned brothels . Several individual clerics also managed brothels in London and Westminster.” She mentions also that they were not only owners, but many were clients as well. Karras is not the only one to show that the clergy were clients of prostitutes.“ in the cases of procuration and brawling in the brothel or the bathhouse, members of the clergy are listed as present, named and given as residents of the city , clergy still made up twenty per cent of the clientele of the bathhouses and the private bordellos of Dijon.”

Not only was the Church involved in ownership, but in France during the mid thirteenth century, they accepted alms from prostitutes.“In accepting the prostitute’s alms, the Church recognized that she had acted out of necessity.” The Church supported this institution because they believed it to be a necessity. They owned and ran brothels, accepted money from prostitutes, and used Mary Magdalene as an example of a prostitute who redeemed herself by repenting. Many were tolerant of prostitutes by acknowledging them as a future Mary Magdalene.

The church followed the philosophy regarding prostitution as a “necessary evil” and often participated in it, since it had been justified. The medieval public followed the same philosophy. They kept and welcomed prostitution into their communities.

JETHRO:i'm not surprised at all about this.anything for a buck.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to be saved. Rumor has it that the deity gave us free will, and that means when we cross over, we will just ask whichever deity is in charge if we can go the side of the holy ones and reap the reward of eternal bliss, and the deity will be obliged to give us that free will.
I started teaching that free-will class just the other day, and already the money is rolling in.
:)
my choice would be anywhere there is a pond loaded with fish so i can spend eternity fishing,what else is there to do in heaven? and what will we look like when we get there? example,if you become parilyzed from the neck down,do you spend eternity like that? or does god make us young an healthy or do you stay as you are when you die?
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
Ruth Karras, author of Common Women: prostitution and sexuality in medieval England, discusses how some bishops ran and owned brothels in England during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries.“Ecclesiastical institutions and individuals owned brothels . Several individual clerics also managed brothels in London and Westminster.” She mentions also that they were not only owners, but many were clients as well. Karras is not the only one to show that the clergy were clients of prostitutes.“ in the cases of procuration and brawling in the brothel or the bathhouse, members of the clergy are listed as present, named and given as residents of the city , clergy still made up twenty per cent of the clientele of the bathhouses and the private bordellos of Dijon.”
Not only was the Church involved in ownership, but in France during the mid thirteenth century, they accepted alms from prostitutes.“In accepting the prostitute’s alms, the Church recognized that she had acted out of necessity.” The Church supported this institution because they believed it to be a necessity. They owned and ran brothels, accepted money from prostitutes, and used Mary Magdalene as an example of a prostitute who redeemed herself by repenting. Many were tolerant of prostitutes by acknowledging them as a future Mary Magdalene.
The church followed the philosophy regarding prostitution as a “necessary evil” and often participated in it, since it had been justified. The medieval public followed the same philosophy. They kept and welcomed prostitution into their communities.
JETHRO:i'm not surprised at all about this.anything for a buck.
You're an idiot. Ruth writes a piece with no proof and you call it historic fact.
You searched for something to smear the Catholic Church with; it doesn't matter if its true or not; then you 'put it out there' to feel better about yourself for rejecting Christ.
You remind me how I indeed belong to the only Church started by Jesus Christ- Himself the victim of slander and lies.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

NEW POPE - OLD PROPHECY BY PASTOR DOUG BATCHELOR

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

The Catholic Church did allow prostitution. St. Augustine said that prostitution should be tolerated because men would seek sex outside of marriage anyway. He said that prostitution would prevent them from resorting to more perverted activities.

Also in medieval times prostitution many Western European towns had brothels licensed by municipal authorities. Since the Catholic Church was the only church in Western Europe back then, this suggests that the church also tolerated prostitution.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Ruth writes a piece with no proof and you call it historic fact.
You searched for something to smear the Catholic Church with; it doesn't matter if its true or not; then you 'put it out there' to feel better about yourself for rejecting Christ.
You remind me how I indeed belong to the only Church started by Jesus Christ- Himself the victim of slander and lies.
Slandering you AND Jesus?

That's rich. You and god are bros.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

In the Middle Ages the Christian church, which valued chastity, attempted to convert or rehabilitate individual prostitutes but refrained from campaigning against the institution itself. In so doing the church followed the teaching of St. Augustine, who held that the elimination of prostitution would breed even worse forms of immorality and perversion, because men would continue to seek sexual contact outside marriage. By the late Middle Ages, prostitution had reached a high point in Western history. Licensed brothels flourished throughout Europe, yielding enormous revenues to government officials and corrupt churchmen....During the 16th century prostitution declined sharply in Europe, largely as the result of stern reprisals by Protestants and Roman Catholics. They condemned the immorality of brothels and their inmates, but they were also motivated by the perception of a connection between prostitution and an outbreak of syphilis, a previously unknown disease. Brothels in many cities were closed by the authorities. Under a typical ordinance, enacted in Paris in 1635, prostitutes were flogged, shaved bald, and exiled for life without formal trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,281 - 420,300 of512,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

641 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 min jos 286
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min RiversideRedneck 217,252
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min -USA-1 109,755
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Shivar 440,861
How come the president doesn't use his BIRTH NAME? 10 min Shivar 16
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min TIM958 680,883
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min RADEKT 250,439
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Joshuas Polaris 2000 596,624
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min Toby 89,609
•••
•••
•••