Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,445
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#435995 Apr 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Instead of discussing the subject at hand, this forum has become an atheists paradise...and THEY think there is no such place!
KayMarie
It makes no difference to Catholics who's trashing us. We've always been attacked from all angles anyway.
The Atheists bring a different attack that's a breath of fresh air.
Its better than the typical scenario from your side:
"you worship Mary and statues"
No we don't! I never heard of such a thing.
"Yes you do."
No, Catholics do not. We only worship God.
"I'm sure you don't think you worship statues, but you do"
What??
"you have statues in your Church. You must be worshipping them. You pray to Mary, you must be worshiping Mary"
That's ridiculous. We would never worship Mary or statues. Here's what our belief is....."
"nope, you worship Mary and statues"
ugh.

Sad but true.
and its best if you guys sit out any conversation between an Atheist and a Catholic. You're like our annoying little brother who opens up their mouths and blurts irrational things that give both of us a bad name.
"Jonah was swallowed by a whale and spent three days in there. Its true!!" "the Earth is 13,000 yrs old"

Kay, I'm trying to talk to an Atheist. Could you take your coloring books and come back when we're done. Thanks.
marge

Ames, IA

#435996 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said what the title of this thread says.
And yet you repeat it everyday.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435997 Apr 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June,you still do not offer us any great alternative to what we believe???????Your poem here is good foratheists who want to live in a Christ-less eternity.Some day June you will face your own end,is the grave all you want? WHY,when there is so much more?
June forget about your religious search years ago,that is over,it failed you,and you do not need to re hatch any of it. NOW come to the ONE who's Father offers you hope,eternal life,and a resurrection from the grave that will give you eternal peace,and a G O A L,that will supercede any goal you ever had on this earth.
Even though you might have sought things,careers,and so on here,your body is failing you daily,and soon your career will end,your time of service is over,and you will have to face along with us all the raging war of the body that is facing its end. Religious people seek a hope beyond the grave,and I will not take time to bash any who are different from mine.But I will say that Christ Jesus is the only one who went through the crucifixion after sweating drops of blood for all the sins of this world in Gethsemane.He did resurrect from the dead,and June your life is so important to Him that He wants you to spend an eternity with HIM.
You still have time for that great decision,even if in the past somehow you feel He failed you,He never fails us,we go our own way.He loves you,it is not a myth! Death is a certainty for us all,and His love is that certainty that can ultimately save you from an eternity without HIM!
My poem IS for wanna-be Atheists ... not for those who believe that a god adores them while the same god will send others to burn in one or another "consecrated" hell.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#435998 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference to Catholics who's trashing us. We've always been attacked from all angles anyway.
The Catholic hierarchy held all the power from the fourth century to the sixteenth century.

Those rabid hounds and hogs of heaven spilled more blood than those in any other religion in the world ... ever. Truth was nowhere to be found, but military might spoke volumes to those who wanted to live.

So I suggest you don't whine about being a victim.

Prince George, Canada

#435999 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You imply it every day.

Prince George, Canada

#436000 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way ... pope Benedict did say that the Catholic church IS the only true church. That is why the thread started.

Prince George, Canada

#436001 Apr 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
Jesus said,"My kingdom is N O T of this world."
Had he existed, he would have preached that his kingdom was with his Jewish father in Olam Ha ba.

I'm sure you wouldn't feel welcome among the faithful Jews ... "would" you?

Prince George, Canada

#436002 Apr 28, 2013
I was just out using my shovel in what will hopefully be a bit of a garden. I cut into some angle-worms that were minding their own business. Some of them ended up in pieces.

Oh well ... never mind ... according to the preachers ... it was all part of the divine deity's PLAN.

YEAH ... RIGHT!!!

Sarcasm intended.
Clay

United States

#436003 Apr 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you repeat it everyday.
Nooooo, you do. You repeat the same lies every time you log in. You have to, otherwise you can't have your religion.

Prince George, Canada

#436004 Apr 28, 2013
Babies that were not baptized and died, were not allowed to be buried in "consecrated" ground, as it was taught that they would burn in hell.

Apparently the god of heavenly love anointed theologians to "spell out" and "spill out" that "truth."

Sarcasm intended.
Clay

United States

#436005 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic hierarchy held all the power from the fourth century to the sixteenth century.
Those rabid hounds and hogs of heaven spilled more blood than those in any other religion in the world ... ever. Truth was nowhere to be found, but military might spoke volumes to those who wanted to live.
So I suggest you don't whine about being a victim.
There is no truth to that. But that's ok, I understand you need to accept certain propaganda to attack the only Church that Christ started.
Nobody has been victimized over the yrs like Catholics. That's ok, we can take it. The Church is still standing and will be there in Rome long after you depart this Earth.

Prince George, Canada

#436006 Apr 28, 2013
How Kosher is Catholic?

Prince George, Canada

#436007 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no truth to that. But that's ok, I understand you need to accept certain propaganda to attack the only Church that Christ started.
Nobody has been victimized over the yrs like Catholics. That's ok, we can take it. The Church is still standing and will be there in Rome long after you depart this Earth.
Of course you wouldn't believe that the Catholics had blood on their hands. That wouldn't be any fun for you ... would it "oh self-perceived holy one?"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Apology and the Holocaust; The Pope's in a Confessional, And Jews Are Listening

By CELESTINE BOHLEN

MORE than any other Pope in history, Pope John Paul II leader of the world's almost one billion Roman Catholics -- has asked forgiveness for the sins, crimes and errors committed in the name of his faith.

He has apologized for the persecution of Protestants, for the crimes of the Crusaders; he has asked forgiveness for the abuses of Europe's colonial-era proselytizing around the world; he has voiced regret at the church's repression of Galileo and condemned its silence regarding Italy's own murderous Mafia.

But with only two years to go before Christianity closes the books on its first 2,000 years, the Pope has yet to ask forgiveness of the Jews for the violence they have suffered over the centuries at the hands of the church, its followers and, in some cases, its leaders. Most particularly, he has yet to make a reckoning of what many have condemned as the silence of the Vatican during the systematic slaughter of Europe's Jews by the Nazis during World War II.

And it is this apology that weighs most heavily on the church. It was first promised in 1987 by the Pope himself in a meeting with American Jewish leaders in Miami. It has been anticipated in apologies to the Jews by the Catholic bishops of Germany, Poland, Hungary and, most recently, France, for the failure of their local churches to oppose the Holocaust.

http://www.racematters.org/papalapology.htm

Prince George, Canada

#436008 Apr 28, 2013
The Catholic church would have looked very silly condemning the mafia.

It would be comparable to lions condemning tigers for eating meat.

Prince George, Canada

#436010 Apr 28, 2013
The popes are fully aware that is they apologize for the centuries of slaughter concerning the Jews, it will bring to "light" that the savior of Catholics was supposed to BE a faithful Jew ... and that won't bode well for Catholic "theology" with Jesus working 24/7 in those Catholic confessionals forgiving sins and all that other nonsense.

It would indicate that Jesus was a traitor to the Jews and to his own one and only Jewish father.

You'll see the lies ... if and when you choose to see them.
marge

Ames, IA

#436011 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooooo, you do. You repeat the same lies every time you log in. You have to, otherwise you can't have your religion.
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

Prince George, Canada

#436012 Apr 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure and genuine religion
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#436013 Apr 28, 2013
Interesting article....

March 18, 2013
Is Pope Francis Liberal or Conservative?

The Catholic position is not conservative or liberal, but superior, and you don't have to be Catholic to understand that this is not a claim born of sectarian chauvinism. The Church does not define itself based on a given society's political and cultural spectrum, but based on Absolute Truth, which she recognizes to be transcendent, eternal, and unchanging. You may disagree with her conception of Truth, perhaps even profoundly, yet believing that Truth exists is the only rational position.

This relates to a conversion experience I had a long, long time ago. I realized that if there wasn't something deeper than the political, deeper than the cultural even - if man's opinions were all there is -- then my "conservative" views were essentially meaningless. Sure, I liked them as I liked chocolate ice cream, but if they were just flavors of the day, how could I credibly say they were any better than liberal ones? To thus boast there had to a transcendent yardstick for judging such things. There had to be Truth.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/is_pop...

Prince George, Canada

#436014 Apr 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
What if your religion is what IS corrupting you, and you just don't recognize that it is so?

What THEN?

You no-doubt are certain that the religion of the Muslims is a corrupted religion. But of course, as you continually look and point outward at supposed EVIL, you can't inspect what lurks "within."

Prince George, Canada

#436015 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
Interesting article....
March 18, 2013
Is Pope Francis Liberal or Conservative?
The Catholic position is not conservative or liberal, but superior
Ego thrives on lies. The bigger the lies ... the bigger the ego.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 750,276
Gay snapchat names 11 min mikeywylde 32
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Toby 96,105
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 34 min bacon hater 37,253
Tristan Thompson, and his hot-headed critic, R... 37 min Doctpr REALITY 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min AnnieJ 602,152
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr KiMare 229,907
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 261,620
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 8 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE