Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
420,261 - 420,280 of 538,996 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435984 Apr 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Nuclear expert Rosalie Bertell coined a new word, "Omnicide." It describes the ultimate human rejection of life. It's "difficult to comprehend," but it's happening, she said.
She called industrial radioactive pollution "cumulatively greater than Chernobyl. We are now in a no-win situation with radioactive materials, where (it's) acceptable to have cancer deaths, deformed children and miscarriages."
If you don't want to be smited, I suggest you stop interfering with god's plan that includes suffering of all forms of life.

He knew what he was doing. You just refuse to give him credit. He created Adam and Eve knowing full well that they would sin and cause all the pain in the world.

Now, why don't you leave him alone to do his job and stop telling lies in his name. He created evil and he intends to see it come to full fruition.

tongue-in-cheek
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#435985 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God ordains everyone that speaks on his behalf. That's why the Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all see "eye to eye"... er ... eh ... maybe I got that wrong. It seems to me I heard that the correct version was an eye "for" an eye.
:)
Well, you are still young (14yo?) and there is still much you can learn...

Prince George, Canada

#435986 Apr 28, 2013
My guess is, the self-perceived holy Christians won't relate to THIS poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Dark of Day

They wander in the dark of day
Praying gods will clear the way
Day turns to night and in their fright
Some beg the gods to give them light
Imaginations thrive on highs
Preaching sentiments of lies
Proud they are of their success
Steering gods at their requests
Time goes by and still they play
Religious games that cause dismay
They teach the children how to fight
Defending cults with all their might
They see the future bright and clear
Life hereafter ... have no fear
Promises abound galore
Play their games and you will score
Death will not defeat their plans
Bliss MUST serve their lusty scams

June VanDerMark
November 24, 2012

Prince George, Canada

#435987 Apr 28, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you are still young (14yo?) and there is still much you can learn...
From you ... by chance???

Pad

Rockford, IL

#435988 Apr 28, 2013
socci wrote:
World Revolution
with James arrabito
http://youtu.be/qmyLFy27Y5g
Two things Socci: 1. It is a shame that James was killed in a plane wreck. 2. It is even more so that there were only 90 views to this video you are sharing here.What a wealth of knowledge!

I hope that we believers can stand on that sacred testimony of Christ,when we are faced with that evil revolution which will threaten all of us soon!

Prince George, Canada

#435989 Apr 28, 2013
If I offend God

He will break his bond with me
And I'll wander for eternity

Some say that I will burn in hell
Such stories theologians tell

But if for mercy I beg and cry
To the God up in the sky

Heaven will be mine they say
"Oh what childish games they play"

June VanDerMark
January 1st, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#435990 Apr 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Two things Socci: 1. It is a shame that James was killed in a plane wreck. 2. It is even more so that there were only 90 views to this video you are sharing here.What a wealth of knowledge!
He must have been aligned to the "knowledge" that flows forward from your cult ... RIGHT???

All those in religion that are certain their way IS the way, preach that they OWN knowledge, and that they humble their selves to be so gracious as to share the knowledge with others.

Silly people!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435991 Apr 28, 2013
Jesus said,"My kingdom is N O T of this world." That means basically that His Spirit is what will identify His people,not an organization,or the many denominations of Christianity. Out of all those groups and affiliations will be the bride,out of the Messianic Jews also will be that bride,a people who seek to be first:WASHED in the Blood of the Lamb,2.Sharing the testimony of the Redeemed.3.Being part of that Kingdom which is N O T of this world.

The testimony of the believers is not an alignment with the rudiments and religions of this world(EGYPY,Babylon),but a story of the redeemed of the LORD,who can only be identified by the Blood of Christ,and the testimony of what Christ has done for them.

We need not claim any particular group or church system to be that kingdom,but that Christ fills the heart of the faithful,who seek first to be washed in His precious Blood,and than to be witnesses of His love,to be the ones who testify of Who and what Christ is,that the world cannot receive.

If you are blood bought,and can testify to what Christ has done in your life,and you are commited to be in that Kingdom of the Father that the world rejects,you will be saved,and your Name is written in the Lamb's book of life.

Be ready to set your goals to His Kingdom,if you are willing to reject the systems of this world.To walk in the truth of Christ,that has no part in the doctrines of devils that are unleashed upon us all daily in this life.

It is as simple as that,in regards to what kind of decision you need to make.A decision not to join a particular church although that is GOOD,but to be a member of the Body of Christ that KNOWS what it is to be Blood-Bought,Spirit-Led,and seeking to live eternally in the Father's Kingdom,that is not of this world!
Clay

United States

#435992 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject is that the Roman Catholic church is the only true church.
Do you have a problem with that statement ... or not???
The Vatican never said what the title of this thread says.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435993 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, the self-perceived holy Christians won't relate to THIS poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Dark of Day
They wander in the dark of day
Praying gods will clear the way
Day turns to night and in their fright
Some beg the gods to give them light
Imaginations thrive on highs
Preaching sentiments of lies
Proud they are of their success
Steering gods at their requests
Time goes by and still they play
Religious games that cause dismay
They teach the children how to fight
Defending cults with all their might
They see the future bright and clear
Life hereafter ... have no fear
Promises abound galore
Play their games and you will score
Death will not defeat their plans
Bliss MUST serve their lusty scams
June VanDerMark
November 24, 2012
June,you still do not offer us any great alternative to what we believe???????Your poem here is good foratheists who want to live in a Christ-less eternity.Some day June you will face your own end,is the grave all you want? WHY,when there is so much more?

June forget about your religious search years ago,that is over,it failed you,and you do not need to re hatch any of it. NOW come to the ONE who's Father offers you hope,eternal life,and a resurrection from the grave that will give you eternal peace,and a G O A L,that will supercede any goal you ever had on this earth.

Even though you might have sought things,careers,and so on here,your body is failing you daily,and soon your career will end,your time of service is over,and you will have to face along with us all the raging war of the body that is facing its end. Religious people seek a hope beyond the grave,and I will not take time to bash any who are different from mine.But I will say that Christ Jesus is the only one who went through the crucifixion after sweating drops of blood for all the sins of this world in Gethsemane.He did resurrect from the dead,and June your life is so important to Him that He wants you to spend an eternity with HIM.

You still have time for that great decision,even if in the past somehow you feel He failed you,He never fails us,we go our own way.He loves you,it is not a myth! Death is a certainty for us all,and His love is that certainty that can ultimately save you from an eternity without HIM!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435994 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As long as people stay in individual religious cults, they WILL fight with words, or with weapons of mass destruction to defend those cults as being on the righteous and holy paths to eternal bliss.
Religion causes the disruption that it professes to cure.
Is Communism a religion? If not than why are they well armed with weapons of mass destruction?
Clay

United States

#435995 Apr 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Instead of discussing the subject at hand, this forum has become an atheists paradise...and THEY think there is no such place!
KayMarie
It makes no difference to Catholics who's trashing us. We've always been attacked from all angles anyway.
The Atheists bring a different attack that's a breath of fresh air.
Its better than the typical scenario from your side:
"you worship Mary and statues"
No we don't! I never heard of such a thing.
"Yes you do."
No, Catholics do not. We only worship God.
"I'm sure you don't think you worship statues, but you do"
What??
"you have statues in your Church. You must be worshipping them. You pray to Mary, you must be worshiping Mary"
That's ridiculous. We would never worship Mary or statues. Here's what our belief is....."
"nope, you worship Mary and statues"
ugh.

Sad but true.
and its best if you guys sit out any conversation between an Atheist and a Catholic. You're like our annoying little brother who opens up their mouths and blurts irrational things that give both of us a bad name.
"Jonah was swallowed by a whale and spent three days in there. Its true!!" "the Earth is 13,000 yrs old"

Kay, I'm trying to talk to an Atheist. Could you take your coloring books and come back when we're done. Thanks.
marge

Ames, IA

#435996 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you repeat it everyday.

Prince George, Canada

#435997 Apr 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>June,you still do not offer us any great alternative to what we believe???????Your poem here is good foratheists who want to live in a Christ-less eternity.Some day June you will face your own end,is the grave all you want? WHY,when there is so much more?
June forget about your religious search years ago,that is over,it failed you,and you do not need to re hatch any of it. NOW come to the ONE who's Father offers you hope,eternal life,and a resurrection from the grave that will give you eternal peace,and a G O A L,that will supercede any goal you ever had on this earth.
Even though you might have sought things,careers,and so on here,your body is failing you daily,and soon your career will end,your time of service is over,and you will have to face along with us all the raging war of the body that is facing its end. Religious people seek a hope beyond the grave,and I will not take time to bash any who are different from mine.But I will say that Christ Jesus is the only one who went through the crucifixion after sweating drops of blood for all the sins of this world in Gethsemane.He did resurrect from the dead,and June your life is so important to Him that He wants you to spend an eternity with HIM.
You still have time for that great decision,even if in the past somehow you feel He failed you,He never fails us,we go our own way.He loves you,it is not a myth! Death is a certainty for us all,and His love is that certainty that can ultimately save you from an eternity without HIM!
My poem IS for wanna-be Atheists ... not for those who believe that a god adores them while the same god will send others to burn in one or another "consecrated" hell.

Prince George, Canada

#435998 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference to Catholics who's trashing us. We've always been attacked from all angles anyway.
The Catholic hierarchy held all the power from the fourth century to the sixteenth century.

Those rabid hounds and hogs of heaven spilled more blood than those in any other religion in the world ... ever. Truth was nowhere to be found, but military might spoke volumes to those who wanted to live.

So I suggest you don't whine about being a victim.

Prince George, Canada

#435999 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You imply it every day.

Prince George, Canada

#436000 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way ... pope Benedict did say that the Catholic church IS the only true church. That is why the thread started.

Prince George, Canada

#436001 Apr 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
Jesus said,"My kingdom is N O T of this world."
Had he existed, he would have preached that his kingdom was with his Jewish father in Olam Ha ba.

I'm sure you wouldn't feel welcome among the faithful Jews ... "would" you?

Prince George, Canada

#436002 Apr 28, 2013
I was just out using my shovel in what will hopefully be a bit of a garden. I cut into some angle-worms that were minding their own business. Some of them ended up in pieces.

Oh well ... never mind ... according to the preachers ... it was all part of the divine deity's PLAN.

YEAH ... RIGHT!!!

Sarcasm intended.
Clay

United States

#436003 Apr 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you repeat it everyday.
Nooooo, you do. You repeat the same lies every time you log in. You have to, otherwise you can't have your religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 733,064
Would Michele Obama do Ice Bucket Challenge? 19 min yon 1
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 19 min pusherman_ 33,002
AOL - Do not use 33 min yon 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Stephania 599,945
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 39 min Just TLC 4,338
nuru massage service in Dubai ,Dubai massage nu... (Feb '14) 42 min dubaimassage 9
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 45 min Falcon 746
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 258,001
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••