Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,125
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435960 Apr 28, 2013
Robert Newell wrote:
<quoted text>
The church Jesus started
Jewish rabbis don't start "churches." They preach in synagogues.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#435961 Apr 28, 2013
This blowhard achieved great heights of idiocy. My guess is, President Bush was thrilled to have such an impressive-minded Christian on his side.

When their countries were invaded, the Muslims perceived the Christians as terrorists, trying to make the Islamic believers over into Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#435964 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I find it fascinating that the Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all took their signal of supposed truth from the same supposed apostles.
Need more be said?
I find it fascinating that a 14yo would find this fascinating.

Prince George, Canada

#435966 Apr 28, 2013
Once people get overdosed on the flavors of their own religious cults, they often fail to see from the view of those in other religious cults.

The Muslims are not more aggressive than the Christians. They never have been and never will be.

It's simply the push and shove of who will win the war that counts.

As the Christians flooded into Iraq and Afghanistan with full intentions of converting Muslims to Christianity, imagine the horror of the Muslims, who value their religion enough to die for.

If you see it from their point of view, you will learn more about your own will to defend your own cults as being of the highest value to you, and maybe you will in turn learn to question whether defending the dogmas in cults is the answer to even a semblance of world peace.

Prince George, Canada

#435967 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Obama then told America that Obamacare was his revenge against America.
You are silly!

Prince George, Canada

#435968 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, Catholics do become Muslims, Muslims do become Protestants, Jews do become Protestants, and all if they wish to be saved do become Christians.

Prince George, Canada

#435969 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>So, were you born a cynic, so now you are devout to cynicism, thus you defend cynical states of mind.
If you perceived I was a truths buster as are wonderful you, would you then believe I am a cynic, or would you perceive that I am "brilliant" for joining you and your gang of Christian thugs?

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435970 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>So, were you born a cynic, so now you are devout to cynicism, thus you defend cynical states of mind.
The truth is never cynicism.

The lady posts verifiable facts.

"If you had been born a Muslim, you would probably be defending Islam."

The fact is that there's about an 85% chance of a person adopting the same religion as their parents.

I'm willing to bet you weren't born into a Muslim family. Right?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435971 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, Catholics do become Muslims, Muslims do become Protestants, Jews do become Protestants, and all if they wish to be saved do become Christians.
What a tiny little god you imagine, rejecting the majority of its creation because they were born in a non-Christian country.

How absurd.

I'll be this one thinks god get "angry" and "jealous" and "envious -- just like himself.

Imagine that, the highest power in the universe overcome by such petty emotions.

That is DEEP THINKING indeed.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435972 Apr 28, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it fascinating that a 14yo would find this fascinating.
Like clockwork...

They can't refute, so more derision.

Relax, we all agree on 95% of mankind's religious dogma -- it's baloney.

The only disagreement is about your own religious dogma.

So be happy. You agree with the skeptics on 95%.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#435973 Apr 28, 2013
Nuclear expert Rosalie Bertell coined a new word, "Omnicide." It describes the ultimate human rejection of life. It's "difficult to comprehend," but it's happening, she said.

She called industrial radioactive pollution "cumulatively greater than Chernobyl. We are now in a no-win situation with radioactive materials, where (it's) acceptable to have cancer deaths, deformed children and miscarriages."

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/fukushima...

http://nlt.scripturetext.com/zechariah/5.htm - take special note of verses 6-8 and the material the lid of the measuring basket is made of...note also the "measuring" taking place in "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which GOD gave Him to show..." ch. 11 http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/11.ht...
and take note -

http://bible.cc/isaiah/66-1.htm

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/3-16.htm

The Two Witnesses Speak

http://bible.cc/revelation/22-17.htm

Don't be fooled -

http://bible.cc/revelation/12-17.htm

http://bible.cc/revelation/14-12.htm

http://niv.scripturetext.com/exodus/20.htm

http://www.wake-up.org/Alpha/Chapter10.htm
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435974 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestants and Catholics squabbling on these forums are here to preach and defend their own religious "territories."
They believe it is what their image of the "same" supposed god expects of them.
Ridiculous!
God seemed happier when they were killing each other.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#435975 Apr 28, 2013
ANZAC DAY.
I'm very confused.

If you go straight to heaven when you die, and enjoy bliss in heaven, then why are people mourning the death of the ANZACs?

According to common belief and teaching by church ministers, these men (and women) are in a far better place now.

We should be envying them, not mourning them!

The Turks did the Diggers a favour, apparently.

Ask your minister if this isn't so

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435976 Apr 28, 2013
Instead of discussing the subject at hand, this forum has become an atheists paradise...and THEY think there is no such place!

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#435977 Apr 28, 2013
It could be said that the serial killers such as popes, Martin luther, John Calvin ... Incorporation, the Muslims, etc., that killed others under the guise that those others were offending a supposed god ... were killing those others with "kindness."

It could be said ... however, it would be just another lie.

My guess is, they ordered the killing, AND they enjoyed the killing, simply because humans are all too often nasty cunning beasts of prey.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#435978 Apr 28, 2013
socci wrote:
Kentucky woman ordained as priest in defiance of Roman Catholic Church
www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/28/us-usa-rel...

The question is: "ordained by who---and by what and whose authority!..... If you read the article closely, this "other priest" who ordained her, was a "self-appointed "woman" bishop, who is (nothing more) than an extension of the emancipated liberal movement of older "nuns" ----who----have chosen to openly defy and reject over 2000 years of the TRUTH of Apostolic Church History and the bible, along with the TRUE Apostolic teachings of the Catholic Church. This 70 year old liberal nun claims that she helping to "further advance" the Catholic Church and in fact, not "leaving the Church!! Is that so!!!! The fact is that she has already "left the Catholic Church"!!
Question: "What is another name for a woman priest??
Answer: A protestant minister!!!

Prince George, Canada

#435979 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
God seemed happier when they were killing each other.
I no longer would use the word "sin," but other than that, you might relate to the words in this poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The popes of old, sat on their thrones, and gorged themselves as useless drones
“Burn the heretics,” they said, at will …“because it is for God we kill.”
Some followers lived in fear, if they did not kill their brother’s dear,
They would also perish in, the flames of fire popes willed on them

These popes were very cunning men … they ruled with Emperors and then
Luther came to the fore, and knocked the popes down to the floor
The blood continued long to flow, as these GAWDLY beasts came to know
Power on earth is but a din … as gluttons live a life of sin

Will we learn from days long gone, or will we sing the same old song
The ego wills to have its way … it is a struggle every day
To tame the beast that we feed, is a contradiction of deep need
Only time will tell the tale, if we have learned our lessons well

June VanDerMark
August 12th, 2009

Location hidden

#435980 Apr 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... I know the bible only Protestant "game" all too well, in dealing with people like you Ox!...It is a bible verse cafeteria style selecting of picking and choosing verses, then adding "your own" protestant propaganda, i.e.(graven image, idol worship) garbage interpretation to it, that is based upon an "ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "ANYTHING" that the Catholic Church teaches or believes!..Quite frankly "I couldn't care less" as to what you believe, Ox< regarding Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the over 1 Billion Catholics around the world, already know, believe, worship, adhere to and accept (without a doubt) the TRUTH that Jesus Christ intiated,established and formed HIS own TRUE CHURCH over 2000 years ago,(long before the bible, was even written in 397AD) the same bible that you "propagadize and editorialize",(to your own destruction). CNN, the liberal mainstream media, ABC, NBC or your local editorial newspaper are a joke!! They are as anti-catholic as you are OX!! For all I care, you can "continue" to play your "bible only" (Catholic bashing) merry-go-round circus game! It makes no difference to me! I/we as Catholics will continue to stick to the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist,the OT,NT (Gospel readings) the other Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel (each day) praying for your "misguided, condemning and judgemntal soul. You can believe and do what you want!!!
Part 1:
I cannot believe you would lie, knowing that it could be proven, easily and without any doubt, to be a lie. You said, "you conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... Am I wrong?????

You said the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!! I quoted Scripture that shows the absurdity in your words...

I will be glad to repeat:
I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.

Show me where I did insert the word "Catholic" in the above Scripture I quoted from the Book of Revelation.
Show me, according to your accustaions, adding my own protestant propaganda, garbage interpretation, that is based upon an ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude topward "anything" that the Catholic Church (to uise your erroeous use of the word church) teaches or believes, in the following Scruipture and my comments supported by said Scripture:

Location hidden

#435981 Apr 28, 2013
Part 2:
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)

Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)

You are denying the truth in Christianity, the English dictionary and the Bible when you deny Catholics worship idols...

Quote:
idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

worship:worship:(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")

You are denying that Catholics show profound religious devotion and respect to, adore, and
venerate Mary.

Quote: And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

A, The word "church" in that verse is defined as: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly.(Nothing said about any demionation....which is what the RCC is!!!!)

B. Your NABre pope approved Bible teaches the same thing: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

C. None of the seven churches referred to in Revelation is referred to by Christ as "Catholic"..

D. History shows Christians being presected....killed...jailed.. etc until sometime in the fourth century!!!! Hundred of years after Christ declared "I will build my church". Not one Catholic is mentiomed.....because....there were none!!!!!

F. History also shows the emporor Constantine founded your denomination...based on paganisum!!!!

Cherry-picking: to choose or take the best or most profitable of (a number of things).

To do so with Scriptre would say that I believe not all of God's Word is equally "best" and/or that not all of His Word is equaly profitable!!!! That will never happen!!!!

You are an expert on this matter...you keep on keeping on repeating the term..so show me, without, as you say, cherrypicking, all Scripture that teaches what one must do to be Saved.....

Prince George, Canada

#435982 Apr 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Instead of discussing the subject at hand, this forum has become an atheists paradise...and THEY think there is no such place!
KayMarie
The subject is that the Roman Catholic church is the only true church.

Do you have a problem with that statement ... or not???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,295
Why Topix is dying 32 min andet1987 4
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 42 min andet1987 4,422
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Rick in Kansas 263,669
Respecting Gays is one way to go to Heaven 47 min andet1987 43
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 50 min Grau 119,287
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 1 hr Cathy Bullington 508
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 1 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 603,711
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr Jan 1,190

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE