Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,012)

Showing posts 420,221 - 420,240 of532,358
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died for Islam.
Jesus' Crusader army prayed as the Bible instructs and put its entire faith in Jesus.
They marched out into the desert, with little food and water, only their faith.
And Jesus responded. The Middle East is Islamic today.
Either Jesus died for Islam, or it's all imaginary.
OH but WAIT ... the story gets even "richer!" Some of the Muslims claim that the 12th Imam (the ULTRA holy one) is going to come and bring the converted-to-Islam Jesus with him, and those who wish to fly off to Paradise and enjoy those virgins will follow. So according to that truth, Jesus the ex-Jew will be Muslim forever after.

Hahahahahahaha

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll never call you those names.
No you didn't. Thank you for being respectful in that regard.

I fully understand you feel an impulsive need to protect what you have been indoctrinated to believe is certain religious truth.

Been there ... done that.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Even had Jesus lived, he would have had to be an EX-Jew in order to become a supporter of Catholicism, and that would indicate that he was not a faithful Jew, but rather a traitor to his own Jewish father who sent him.

You figure it out. It's easy if you assess the issue from outside of the Christian cults.
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you so choose you can keep those sermons coming, and you might convince others that going to Mass cleanses you of being human.
I don't buy it.
You don't have to buy it. Please don't think your rabid antagonism will upset me into calling you names. I pity you. I know you're inching closer and closer to death and you're kicking and screaming. Its sad. The Catholic Church will be here after 5,000 June VanDerMarks come and go. You do nothing to bring down the Church that Christ started.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

I am now thankful that I once was indoctrinated by religion. It gives me empathy to understand the heavy load put into psyches that often refuses to be removed without a great deal of effort.

But no more will the theologians own my thoughts in any regard whatsoever.

I fired them as inconsequential trouble-makers and nincompoops of blathering gibberish.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to buy it. Please don't think your rabid antagonism will upset me into calling you names. I pity you. I know you're inching closer and closer to death and you're kicking and screaming. Its sad. The Catholic Church will be here after 5,000 June VanDerMarks come and go. You do nothing to bring down the Church that Christ started.
I understand. You will fight like a trooper to defend your dogmas, and pitying me for not understanding that you own that one and only "truth," is part and parcel of your programming.

Theologians were and are cunning masters of lies.

I suggest that you keep in mind the word "theology" means to STUDY religion ... as in plural ... and you will learn that they deceived you by stating that they knew the one and only truth.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand you feel an impulsive need to protect what you have been indoctrinated to believe is certain religious truth.
They're here to validate their delusion, because they have no proof otherwise.

They need validation by others believing like them, along with constant indoctrination.

They also believe that you will be punished somehow by not sharing their delusion.

All cults share the same traits.

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is nonsense as it teaches people to be needy of outside input.
Sounds like the liberals here in the US
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I was not indoctrinated. I was Baptized into the faith, yeah. I went to a Catholic grade school. But my parents never forced me to go to Church. And I don't think I paid attention in religion class for two minutes.
Believe me you, when I quit being Agnostic, I desperately did not want to be Catholic. I looked for countless reasons not to. The Protestants seemed to have it so much better. They get to design their own Christianity. If their particularly sect doesn't fit their lifestyle anymore, they just grab a Bible and open their own church! They invented faith alone, so no matter what they do, They've got the Golden Ticket to Heaven!! Who wouldn't want to leave Catholicism for that??
But is it truth? Is it what the Apostles taught?? No.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

To study religion ... from my perspective, means to study whether religion is of value or of detriment to society.

It doesn't mean to latch on to an indivual cult and proclaim to have solved the mysteries by telling people of their fortunes or misfortunes in a supposed hereafter.

If kept in context, the study of religion should be the study of all religions ... world wide ... without favoring any.

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy, Jesus didn't start the RCC, Constantine did. The church Jesus started is non denominational.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They're here to validate their delusion, because they have no proof otherwise.
The Protestants and Catholics squabbling on these forums are here to preach and defend their own religious "territories."

They believe it is what their image of the "same" supposed god expects of them.

Ridiculous!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. You will fight like a trooper to defend your dogmas, and pitying me for not understanding that you own that one and only "truth," is part and parcel of your programming.
Theologians were and are cunning masters of lies.
I suggest that you keep in mind the word "theology" means to STUDY religion ... as in plural ... and you will learn that they deceived you by stating that they knew the one and only truth.
I don't believe because I read a testimony from a theologian.
The Apostles didn't run about saying, "here, read this and them you'll believe"
They Baptized and administered the Holy Eucharist; the food of Saints. I get to eat that same meal, 2,000 yrs later. That's why I believe.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a third copy "just might-----possibly penetrate that anti-catholic "polluted" mind, heart and soul, that has "infected and corrupted" you!!!!
Glad to see that you are sober!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I was not indoctrinated. I was Baptized into the faith,
Same thing.

If you had been born a Muslim, you would probably be a devout Imam, defending Islam.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Isaiah 2

The Mountain of the LORD

1The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3And many people shall go and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

4And he shall judge between the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

The Day of the LORD

5O house of Jacob, come and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

6Therefore you have forsaken your people, the house of Jacob, because they are filled with customs from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they make bargains with the children of aliens.

7Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:

8Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

9And man bows down, and the great man humbles himself: therefore forgive them not.

10Enter into the rock, and hide in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.

11The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

12For the day of the LORD of hosts shall come upon everyone that is proud and lofty, and upon everyone that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

13And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

14And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,

15And upon every high tower, and upon every fortified wall,

16And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all beautiful vessels.

17And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

18And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

19And they shall go into the caves of the rocks, and into the holes of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to shake mightily the earth.

20In that day a man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made, each for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

21To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to shake mightily the earth.

22Turn away from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for of what account is he?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe because I read a testimony from a theologian.
The Apostles didn't run about saying, "here, read this and them you'll believe"
They Baptized and administered the Holy Eucharist; the food of Saints. I get to eat that same meal, 2,000 yrs later. That's why I believe.
If you had been born a Muslm, you would be a devout Islamist.
If you had been born a Jew, you would preach Judaism ONLY.

And on and on and on.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

who="jethro8" not knowing the mother i can't say if it's drug induced or not,i'm speaking biblically,and as i stated, god is the creator of every one of us,and how we come out of the womb is his doing.and if there was a drug induced problem,god could of fixed it before the baby was born,after all he can do anything.his power is unlimited.

God COULD have fixed it, yes. But He did not because there is a price to pay for disobedience/sin. Not 'the' mother; there are MANY babies born with problems from different sources.

God has offered us a Promised Land without tears, but we must voluntarily accept it/Him.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

I find it fascinating that the Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all took their signal of supposed truth from the same supposed apostles.

Need more be said?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Had they lived, the apostles would have been faithful Jews.

The Catholics are Catholic.
The Muslims are Muslim
and
The Protestants are Protestant.

And yet followers of the disjointed creeds don't see anything wrong with that picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,221 - 420,240 of532,358
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

585 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min bacon hater 93,656
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min An NFL Fan 114,958
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,030
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min WildWeirdWillie 172,226
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 23 min John 53
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Dr_Zorderz 256,372
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr ShanXXX 392
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr Perera 4,474
•••