Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641243 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#436205 Apr 29, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
My information can be tested, measured, and proven.
Your's is pure delusion.
And you know it too.
Example -- when very sick, do you rely on Biblical cures to drive out the demons, or do you rely on medical science, which can be measured and tested?
We both know the answer. When reality counts, prayer and the Bible take a back seat.
if you must know, i rarely get sick. but, when i have and visited the dr for it, i usually have had to let the thing run it's course anyways.....

now, back to how you get your sins forgiven; does your medical scientist do that for you?:)
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436206 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The idea that a Jew name of Jesus founded the Catholic church is a story that could be compared to a pope eagerly founding the Protestant church.
It just would not occur.
Yet countless Catholics and Protestants are certain that Jesus came to save ONLY Christians ... believing that his Jewish father agreed that a new religion other than Judaism was the only answer to the ill-begotten woes of humanity.
Such a story should be unbelievable ... but the ones that didn't ask questions of the theologians simply fell hook, line and sinker for the lies.
June VanDerMark:

I have seen your opinion on Joseph, Jesus' father a couple of times.

Rather interesting you imagine you know what he believed.

About all we can say is that he did the unconventional thing in his time, and Judaism(his religion), he married Mary, after in a dream he was told by an angel, she was pregnant with Jesus, the Son of God.

That would make your opinion invalid, no matter what.

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#436207 Apr 29, 2013
Concerning religion I suggest you believe "nothing" and that way you can start from groud zero, and stay at ground zero.

Lies multiply simply to confuse.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Muhammad and the Unfolding of Islam.

It is significant that certain Gnostic doctrines, above all the idea that Jesus was not crucified and did not know truth, doctrines which, following the polemic and persecutions of the Church, barely survived into the seventh century, regained their currency thanks to Muhammad and the spread of Islam. On the other hand, it is likely that certain antitrinitarian Christians were attracted by the absolute monotheism preached by Muhammad and were among the first to embrace Islam.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436208 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
WHAT are you on about now? I never mentioned the name Joseph in connection with being Jesus' father. I never even heard of such a theology.

I have mentioned Jehovah as being a theory concerning Jesus' father.

Gossip has no bounds, and religious fantasy goes where ever fantasy travels. Wherever that is, it's not earthbound by any stretch of imagination.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436209 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that YOU are a picture of perfect mental health, so you are a good man with a good heart?
Popes and Mother Teresa had and have the same high opinion of their stations in life.
I don't perceive that your sermons are any different than any other Catholic. They are based on a whole lot of deception ... such as Catholic "saints" being holy.
You blather arrogant nonsense!
June VanDerMark:

Since I am not in the habit of judging people, I suppose I pass on the Pope, Mother Teresa, and June VanDerMark, and myself, and let God Judge.

About all I could say is that the world is judged already, and those in the world without hope, know the world is nonsense.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436210 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
About all we can say is that he did the unconventional thing in his time, and Judaism(his religion), he married Mary, after in a dream he was told by an angel, she was pregnant with Jesus, the Son of God.
That would make your opinion invalid, no matter what.
Oh now I get your drift. Joseph was not Jesus' father. He was simply Mary the Jew's Impotent Jewish husband. According to Catholic theology the Jewish god fathered Jesus ... and blah, blah, blah.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436211 Apr 29, 2013
You never "witnessed" so many Jews being drawn away from Judaism as occurred when the ex-Jew Catholics wrote the story.

There's a lot of comedy in that flamboyant story ... at least from my point of view.

It would be comparable to devout Catholics flocking in droves to start Protestant religions.

Humor comes in may "forms."
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436212 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
THIS ... coming from a died in the wool Catholic who puts Catholic saints on pedestals for those in other religions to follow ... is hilarious.
You are an arrogant Catholic buffoon, playing the part of the Jewish savior Jesus.
June VanDerMark:

I am even happy with peace in the heart too.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436213 Apr 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I am not in the habit of judging people, I suppose I pass on the Pope, Mother Teresa, and June VanDerMark, and myself, and let God Judge.
I suggest that although it's difficult for you that you at least TRY to be honest.

You know full well that you believe the pope, Mother Teresa and you will be in heaven ... and I will be sucking the tit of the devil.

Your theology is plain ... and "simple."
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436214 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. I'm very judgmental. That's why I don't believe religion makes people better than their human nature allows.
I pick them apart when they try to be high and mighty, because I don't like them sitting up there on clouds spitting on me as being evil.
You darned rights I judge them as they judge me, and I comprehend that I am very fortunate to live in an era that allows such freedom of expression.
June VanDerMark:

Hahahaha.

We all know.

And if they aren't spitting down on you, you sure do like firing up at them.

Thank you.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436215 Apr 29, 2013
I hope that the word "tit" doesn't get me reported to Topix by the holy ones.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#436216 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. I'm very judgmental. That's why I don't believe religion makes people better than their human nature allows.
I pick them apart when they try to be high and mighty, because I don't like them sitting up there on clouds spitting on me as being evil.
You darned rights I judge them as they judge me, and I comprehend that I am very fortunate to live in an era that allows such freedom of expression.
Just think Grams, if you never came on this forum, no one would have ever said a word to you. I guess it's kinda your fault huh so quit your whining or move on. You can't though, because you have nothing else to do.

Now that you're on this forum, no one believes what you believe and that's why you're angry. Have a great day!!

Since: Apr 13

Placentia, CA

#436217 Apr 29, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
There is a old question "Who has moral superiority?". Who can judge what is bad and what is good and why ? If God is the supreme being, Ruler of all, THE authority, the One who will judge me as to where I will be for the rest of eternity, is He the One to listen to? Did He not establish His self to the Jews and gave them the Ten Commandments ? And didn't God sent His only Son to establish a new covenant with us ? This turned out to be the Roman Catholic Church. If all of this is true, isn't the RCC the only institution that can be our morally superior judge in this world ?
There is a problem with this belief, normally, the RCC left those who did not go to Church on Sunday alone. But if someone preached that they had the truth, RCC went after them. Today they are leaving any one who preaches heresy as subject to criticism and not physical punishment. Today, individual strong men have the idea that their ideas have moral superiority and hence they become morally superiority to anyone and everyone. Extremely dangerous !!
This has led to millions to their deaths.
So, this begs the question. Does men's (that includes women) ideas or the RCC have the truth and there by morally superior?
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436218 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh now I get your drift. Joseph was not Jesus' father. He was simply Mary the Jew's Impotent Jewish husband. According to Catholic theology the Jewish god fathered Jesus ... and blah, blah, blah.
June VanDerMark:

Glad you picked up on that.

But to keep the record straight, on Catholic theology, Joseph had other children before marrying Mary.

Kitwanga, Canada

#436219 Apr 29, 2013
Can't you just picture a Jew preaching that Judaism is evil and that it is necessary to start a religion that doesn't have anything in common with Judaism?

How unrealistic is that theology?

How laughable is that theology?

Are you Christians crazy or just so filled with lust for bliss in an afterlife that you are blinded BY that lust?

There MUST be a credible reason you refuse to see what is SO in plain sight!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436220 Apr 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that although it's difficult for you that you at least TRY to be honest.
You know full well that you believe the pope, Mother Teresa and you will be in heaven ... and I will be sucking the tit of the devil.
Your theology is plain ... and "simple."
June VanDerMark:

You know June, I have always tried to be honest. Maybe its hard to believe for you.

And I still won't judge, or condemn you. Its just the sort of person I am.

Thanks for the compliment.

I didn't know the devil had tits?
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#436221 Apr 29, 2013
Asking a priest how to get into Heaven, is like asking a hobo how to earn a living!
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Kitwanga, Canada

#436222 Apr 29, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think Grams, if you never came on this forum, no one would have ever said a word to you. I guess it's kinda your fault huh so quit your whining or move on. You can't though, because you have nothing else to do.
Now that you're on this forum, no one believes what you believe and that's why you're angry. Have a great day!!
I'm not angry. I'm mystified that I could see the lies when I was a child, and that full-grown adults can't or won't see them.

No matter which preacher tried to instill in my mind that I could be saved while other burned in hell, I wouldn't believe that a god would be that underhanded.

And it was that attitude that made me want to study all religion from the outside in.

That word salvation was not welcome in my child's mind unless all would be welcomed unconditionally, and that was not and still is not the Christian teaching.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#436223 Apr 29, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why "God" chose to save you, but chose not to with these children. And one family had faith in it so much, they did it twice....yet the second child dies too.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/2nd-child-...
The Book of James 5:14 says, "Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him ..." James 5:15 goes on: "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick."
I'll still disagree.
What makes you and your wife more special?
WE ARE NOT SPECIAL IN GOD'S EYES ANY MORE THAN YOU ARE...

The difference is that we believe his word wit out reservations and

Trusting His word with/in Child like faith is our confident

expectations.

I do not doubt that God would do the same for any one else that

believe God As Abraham

Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

God don't force His Love on any one.

BUT AS JESUS SAID...

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#436224 Apr 29, 2013
vkorchnoifan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a old question "Who has moral superiority?". Who can judge what is bad and what is good and why ? If God is the supreme being, Ruler of all, THE authority, the One who will judge me as to where I will be for the rest of eternity, is He the One to listen to? Did He not establish His self to the Jews and gave them the Ten Commandments ? And didn't God sent His only Son to establish a new covenant with us ? This turned out to be the Roman Catholic Church. If all of this is true, isn't the RCC the only institution that can be our morally superior judge in this world ?
There is a problem with this belief, normally, the RCC left those who did not go to Church on Sunday alone. But if someone preached that they had the truth, RCC went after them. Today they are leaving any one who preaches heresy as subject to criticism and not physical punishment. Today, individual strong men have the idea that their ideas have moral superiority and hence they become morally superiority to anyone and everyone. Extremely dangerous !!
This has led to millions to their deaths.
So, this begs the question. Does men's (that includes women) ideas or the RCC have the truth and there by morally superior?
vkorchnoifan

I beg the question," What is "morally superior"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 5 min Paul is dead 4,073
my name is lorna and morrcan cock is biggest 6 min lorna 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Broken Record 969,916
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min MUQ2 44,304
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 24 min Ruby88 53,750
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 24 min Steve III 297
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 31 min MUQ2 10
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Peace_Warrior 618,359
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr karl44 37,851
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Anna 104,617
More from around the web