Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435976 Apr 28, 2013
Instead of discussing the subject at hand, this forum has become an atheists paradise...and THEY think there is no such place!

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435977 Apr 28, 2013
It could be said that the serial killers such as popes, Martin luther, John Calvin ... Incorporation, the Muslims, etc., that killed others under the guise that those others were offending a supposed god ... were killing those others with "kindness."

It could be said ... however, it would be just another lie.

My guess is, they ordered the killing, AND they enjoyed the killing, simply because humans are all too often nasty cunning beasts of prey.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#435978 Apr 28, 2013
socci wrote:
Kentucky woman ordained as priest in defiance of Roman Catholic Church
www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/28/us-usa-rel...

The question is: "ordained by who---and by what and whose authority!..... If you read the article closely, this "other priest" who ordained her, was a "self-appointed "woman" bishop, who is (nothing more) than an extension of the emancipated liberal movement of older "nuns" ----who----have chosen to openly defy and reject over 2000 years of the TRUTH of Apostolic Church History and the bible, along with the TRUE Apostolic teachings of the Catholic Church. This 70 year old liberal nun claims that she helping to "further advance" the Catholic Church and in fact, not "leaving the Church!! Is that so!!!! The fact is that she has already "left the Catholic Church"!!
Question: "What is another name for a woman priest??
Answer: A protestant minister!!!

Prince George, Canada

#435979 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
God seemed happier when they were killing each other.
I no longer would use the word "sin," but other than that, you might relate to the words in this poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The popes of old, sat on their thrones, and gorged themselves as useless drones
“Burn the heretics,” they said, at will …“because it is for God we kill.”
Some followers lived in fear, if they did not kill their brother’s dear,
They would also perish in, the flames of fire popes willed on them

These popes were very cunning men … they ruled with Emperors and then
Luther came to the fore, and knocked the popes down to the floor
The blood continued long to flow, as these GAWDLY beasts came to know
Power on earth is but a din … as gluttons live a life of sin

Will we learn from days long gone, or will we sing the same old song
The ego wills to have its way … it is a struggle every day
To tame the beast that we feed, is a contradiction of deep need
Only time will tell the tale, if we have learned our lessons well

June VanDerMark
August 12th, 2009

Location hidden

#435980 Apr 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... I know the bible only Protestant "game" all too well, in dealing with people like you Ox!...It is a bible verse cafeteria style selecting of picking and choosing verses, then adding "your own" protestant propaganda, i.e.(graven image, idol worship) garbage interpretation to it, that is based upon an "ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "ANYTHING" that the Catholic Church teaches or believes!..Quite frankly "I couldn't care less" as to what you believe, Ox< regarding Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the over 1 Billion Catholics around the world, already know, believe, worship, adhere to and accept (without a doubt) the TRUTH that Jesus Christ intiated,established and formed HIS own TRUE CHURCH over 2000 years ago,(long before the bible, was even written in 397AD) the same bible that you "propagadize and editorialize",(to your own destruction). CNN, the liberal mainstream media, ABC, NBC or your local editorial newspaper are a joke!! They are as anti-catholic as you are OX!! For all I care, you can "continue" to play your "bible only" (Catholic bashing) merry-go-round circus game! It makes no difference to me! I/we as Catholics will continue to stick to the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist,the OT,NT (Gospel readings) the other Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel (each day) praying for your "misguided, condemning and judgemntal soul. You can believe and do what you want!!!
Part 1:
I cannot believe you would lie, knowing that it could be proven, easily and without any doubt, to be a lie. You said, "you conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... Am I wrong?????

You said the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!! I quoted Scripture that shows the absurdity in your words...

I will be glad to repeat:
I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.

Show me where I did insert the word "Catholic" in the above Scripture I quoted from the Book of Revelation.
Show me, according to your accustaions, adding my own protestant propaganda, garbage interpretation, that is based upon an ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude topward "anything" that the Catholic Church (to uise your erroeous use of the word church) teaches or believes, in the following Scruipture and my comments supported by said Scripture:

Location hidden

#435981 Apr 28, 2013
Part 2:
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)

Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)

You are denying the truth in Christianity, the English dictionary and the Bible when you deny Catholics worship idols...

Quote:
idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

worship:worship:(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")

You are denying that Catholics show profound religious devotion and respect to, adore, and
venerate Mary.

Quote: And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

A, The word "church" in that verse is defined as: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly.(Nothing said about any demionation....which is what the RCC is!!!!)

B. Your NABre pope approved Bible teaches the same thing: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

C. None of the seven churches referred to in Revelation is referred to by Christ as "Catholic"..

D. History shows Christians being presected....killed...jailed.. etc until sometime in the fourth century!!!! Hundred of years after Christ declared "I will build my church". Not one Catholic is mentiomed.....because....there were none!!!!!

F. History also shows the emporor Constantine founded your denomination...based on paganisum!!!!

Cherry-picking: to choose or take the best or most profitable of (a number of things).

To do so with Scriptre would say that I believe not all of God's Word is equally "best" and/or that not all of His Word is equaly profitable!!!! That will never happen!!!!

You are an expert on this matter...you keep on keeping on repeating the term..so show me, without, as you say, cherrypicking, all Scripture that teaches what one must do to be Saved.....

Prince George, Canada

#435982 Apr 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Instead of discussing the subject at hand, this forum has become an atheists paradise...and THEY think there is no such place!
KayMarie
The subject is that the Roman Catholic church is the only true church.

Do you have a problem with that statement ... or not???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#435983 Apr 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is: "ordained by who---and by what and whose authority!.....
God ordains everyone that speaks on his behalf. That's why the Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all see "eye to eye"... er ... eh ... maybe I got that wrong. It seems to me I heard that the correct version was an eye "for" an eye.

Prince George, Canada

#435984 Apr 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Nuclear expert Rosalie Bertell coined a new word, "Omnicide." It describes the ultimate human rejection of life. It's "difficult to comprehend," but it's happening, she said.
She called industrial radioactive pollution "cumulatively greater than Chernobyl. We are now in a no-win situation with radioactive materials, where (it's) acceptable to have cancer deaths, deformed children and miscarriages."
If you don't want to be smited, I suggest you stop interfering with god's plan that includes suffering of all forms of life.

He knew what he was doing. You just refuse to give him credit. He created Adam and Eve knowing full well that they would sin and cause all the pain in the world.

Now, why don't you leave him alone to do his job and stop telling lies in his name. He created evil and he intends to see it come to full fruition.

tongue-in-cheek
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#435985 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God ordains everyone that speaks on his behalf. That's why the Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims all see "eye to eye"... er ... eh ... maybe I got that wrong. It seems to me I heard that the correct version was an eye "for" an eye.
Well, you are still young (14yo?) and there is still much you can learn...

Prince George, Canada

#435986 Apr 28, 2013
My guess is, the self-perceived holy Christians won't relate to THIS poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Dark of Day

They wander in the dark of day
Praying gods will clear the way
Day turns to night and in their fright
Some beg the gods to give them light
Imaginations thrive on highs
Preaching sentiments of lies
Proud they are of their success
Steering gods at their requests
Time goes by and still they play
Religious games that cause dismay
They teach the children how to fight
Defending cults with all their might
They see the future bright and clear
Life hereafter ... have no fear
Promises abound galore
Play their games and you will score
Death will not defeat their plans
Bliss MUST serve their lusty scams

June VanDerMark
November 24, 2012

Prince George, Canada

#435987 Apr 28, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you are still young (14yo?) and there is still much you can learn...
From you ... by chance???

Pad

Rockford, IL

#435988 Apr 28, 2013
socci wrote:
World Revolution
with James arrabito
http://youtu.be/qmyLFy27Y5g
Two things Socci: 1. It is a shame that James was killed in a plane wreck. 2. It is even more so that there were only 90 views to this video you are sharing here.What a wealth of knowledge!

I hope that we believers can stand on that sacred testimony of Christ,when we are faced with that evil revolution which will threaten all of us soon!

Prince George, Canada

#435989 Apr 28, 2013
If I offend God

He will break his bond with me
And I'll wander for eternity

Some say that I will burn in hell
Such stories theologians tell

But if for mercy I beg and cry
To the God up in the sky

Heaven will be mine they say
"Oh what childish games they play"

June VanDerMark
January 1st, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#435990 Apr 28, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Two things Socci: 1. It is a shame that James was killed in a plane wreck. 2. It is even more so that there were only 90 views to this video you are sharing here.What a wealth of knowledge!
He must have been aligned to the "knowledge" that flows forward from your cult ... RIGHT???

All those in religion that are certain their way IS the way, preach that they OWN knowledge, and that they humble their selves to be so gracious as to share the knowledge with others.

Silly people!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435991 Apr 28, 2013
Jesus said,"My kingdom is N O T of this world." That means basically that His Spirit is what will identify His people,not an organization,or the many denominations of Christianity. Out of all those groups and affiliations will be the bride,out of the Messianic Jews also will be that bride,a people who seek to be first:WASHED in the Blood of the Lamb,2.Sharing the testimony of the Redeemed.3.Being part of that Kingdom which is N O T of this world.

The testimony of the believers is not an alignment with the rudiments and religions of this world(EGYPY,Babylon),but a story of the redeemed of the LORD,who can only be identified by the Blood of Christ,and the testimony of what Christ has done for them.

We need not claim any particular group or church system to be that kingdom,but that Christ fills the heart of the faithful,who seek first to be washed in His precious Blood,and than to be witnesses of His love,to be the ones who testify of Who and what Christ is,that the world cannot receive.

If you are blood bought,and can testify to what Christ has done in your life,and you are commited to be in that Kingdom of the Father that the world rejects,you will be saved,and your Name is written in the Lamb's book of life.

Be ready to set your goals to His Kingdom,if you are willing to reject the systems of this world.To walk in the truth of Christ,that has no part in the doctrines of devils that are unleashed upon us all daily in this life.

It is as simple as that,in regards to what kind of decision you need to make.A decision not to join a particular church although that is GOOD,but to be a member of the Body of Christ that KNOWS what it is to be Blood-Bought,Spirit-Led,and seeking to live eternally in the Father's Kingdom,that is not of this world!
Clay

United States

#435992 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject is that the Roman Catholic church is the only true church.
Do you have a problem with that statement ... or not???
The Vatican never said what the title of this thread says.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435993 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, the self-perceived holy Christians won't relate to THIS poem.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Dark of Day
They wander in the dark of day
Praying gods will clear the way
Day turns to night and in their fright
Some beg the gods to give them light
Imaginations thrive on highs
Preaching sentiments of lies
Proud they are of their success
Steering gods at their requests
Time goes by and still they play
Religious games that cause dismay
They teach the children how to fight
Defending cults with all their might
They see the future bright and clear
Life hereafter ... have no fear
Promises abound galore
Play their games and you will score
Death will not defeat their plans
Bliss MUST serve their lusty scams
June VanDerMark
November 24, 2012
June,you still do not offer us any great alternative to what we believe???????Your poem here is good foratheists who want to live in a Christ-less eternity.Some day June you will face your own end,is the grave all you want? WHY,when there is so much more?

June forget about your religious search years ago,that is over,it failed you,and you do not need to re hatch any of it. NOW come to the ONE who's Father offers you hope,eternal life,and a resurrection from the grave that will give you eternal peace,and a G O A L,that will supercede any goal you ever had on this earth.

Even though you might have sought things,careers,and so on here,your body is failing you daily,and soon your career will end,your time of service is over,and you will have to face along with us all the raging war of the body that is facing its end. Religious people seek a hope beyond the grave,and I will not take time to bash any who are different from mine.But I will say that Christ Jesus is the only one who went through the crucifixion after sweating drops of blood for all the sins of this world in Gethsemane.He did resurrect from the dead,and June your life is so important to Him that He wants you to spend an eternity with HIM.

You still have time for that great decision,even if in the past somehow you feel He failed you,He never fails us,we go our own way.He loves you,it is not a myth! Death is a certainty for us all,and His love is that certainty that can ultimately save you from an eternity without HIM!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435994 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As long as people stay in individual religious cults, they WILL fight with words, or with weapons of mass destruction to defend those cults as being on the righteous and holy paths to eternal bliss.
Religion causes the disruption that it professes to cure.
Is Communism a religion? If not than why are they well armed with weapons of mass destruction?
Clay

United States

#435995 Apr 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
KayMarie
It makes no difference to Catholics who's trashing us. We've always been attacked from all angles anyway.
The Atheists bring a different attack that's a breath of fresh air.
Its better than the typical scenario from your side:
"you worship Mary and statues"
No we don't! I never heard of such a thing.
"Yes you do."
No, Catholics do not. We only worship God.
"I'm sure you don't think you worship statues, but you do"
What??
"you have statues in your Church. You must be worshipping them. You pray to Mary, you must be worshiping Mary"
That's ridiculous. We would never worship Mary or statues. Here's what our belief is....."
"nope, you worship Mary and statues"
ugh.

Sad but true.
and its best if you guys sit out any conversation between an Atheist and a Catholic. You're like our annoying little brother who opens up their mouths and blurts irrational things that give both of us a bad name.
"Jonah was swallowed by a whale and spent three days in there. Its true!!" "the Earth is 13,000 yrs old"

Kay, I'm trying to talk to an Atheist. Could you take your coloring books and come back when we're done. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Rider on the Storm 830,484
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 611,947
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Student 40,225
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Rick in Kansas 99,272
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 14 min Raj 95
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min Gas Woman 121,733
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 20 min Bobby T Canada 188
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min Neelakaran 6,404
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr truthandcommonsense 3,667
More from around the web