Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,567
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435911 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're saying "the Bible says the Roman CHURCH is the Harlot false religion"??
Many Protestants were taught that by their Protestant theologians.

It was and is the divide and conquer method. Protestant theologians taught that if people followed them, they would learn what real holiness meant, and that would be sure to align the followers to the will of "God."

The ex-Jew Catholics spewed, and many still spew the same type of nonsense about the Jews not having the WHOLE story. Jews were supposed to become devout Catholics in order to be saved ... which is very humorous considering that the supposed savior was and IS a faithful Jew.

Prince George, Canada

#435912 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Augustine was a brilliant theologian.
If he was Protestant would you believe he was "brilliant."

:)
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#435913 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pick the myths of your favorite theologian while on earth, it is guaranteed to come true in the afterlife.
That was and is the line taught by all theologians. "Follow ME and I promise streets of gold and the best treatment from a god that you can get anywhere. Those other theologians lie to you ... but ME ... well ... I tell you the truth ... the whole truth ... and nothing but the truth ... I take it right from the HOLY book, which is God's MOST holy word ... blah, blah, blah."
Keep spreading that evangelical atheist gospel June!! You're going to fight and kick until you keel over and die. And in 500 yrs, the Catholic Church will still be here. ie you will fail.

Serious question: If God appeared in the sky right now and He is the Judeo-Christian God of Abraham, would you embrace Him or curse Him?

Remember, He will be against your 'right' to abort a baby. He will be against gay marriage and other misuses of sexuality. He will require you to follow His commandments and love Him back.
That's a tough one eh?

Prince George, Canada

#435914 Apr 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like critical people.
That indicates to me that you will never critisize your own beliefs.

Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#435915 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Protestants were taught that by their Protestant theologians.
It was and is the divide and conquer method. Protestant theologians taught that if people followed them, they would learn what real holiness meant, and that would be sure to align the followers to the will of "God."
The ex-Jew Catholics spewed, and many still spew the same type of nonsense about the Jews not having the WHOLE story. Jews were supposed to become devout Catholics in order to be saved ... which is very humorous considering that the supposed savior was and IS a faithful Jew.
Catholicism flowed from Judaism. All the first Catholics were Jews until the Apostles Baptized Gentiles (Acts 10)
No one can understand the Catholic faith unless they are familiar with the Hebrew Books of the OT. That's the big difference in how the Protesters do not understand the fullness of Christianity. They essentially ignore the OT. Much of what is written in the NT - especially the words of Jesus Christ can be traced to the OT.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#435916 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was Protestant would you believe he was "brilliant."
Maybe. I like allot of Protestant theologians and Ministers. Particularly Rick Warren and Billy Graham. Both are in error on certain teachings. But they are sincere in their love for Jesus Christ. They do the best they can, that's all one can ask.

Prince George, Canada

#435917 Apr 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it's ok for him to do what he pleases, he is devinely guided by god/jesus.
All preachers of religions are certain that divine spirits are speaking through them. You never here one claim that an evil spirit is speaking through a human mouth. All preachers save that nasty stuff for others and keep all the gems for their selves.

Blathering fortune tellers ... one and all.

Prince George, Canada

#435918 Apr 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you have a good point,children were born with defects way before the drug craze took hold.the only drug out there at the time was opium,which started in china,opium dens were very popular there and in the u.s..marijiuana was not widely used back then like it is today,and most of the drugs out today did not exist a few decades ago.
My guess is, many babies are born with mental and physical problems when the parents are drug-addicted. Cells that create the babies can only take so much punishment before they also succumb to the drugs.

Can you imagine inebriated, over-dosed cells trying to properly function at their jobs?

It ain't gonna happen.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435919 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you on here, debunking something you equate to a 'flying spaghetti monster'??
Who does that?
You insecure Atheists/Agnostics crack me up. You're more persistent than typical Evangelical fanatical Christians!
Insecure?

Stop slobbering all over your keyboard. This is an open public forum, an exchange of ideas.

St. Augustine had a problem with women.

St. Augustine had a problem with independent inquiry.

I provided factual quotes. Many are absurd and indefensible.

If one cannot refute -- then one can only attack the messenger, motives, etc.

In years past, small-minded bigots like this one would cheer as anyone with differing ideas was burned at the stake. But today, small-minded bigots can only call names.

Pity. It would be more watching them kill each other, like in the good old days.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435920 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite the "laughable" quote from that article.
"“What I’d like to say is when you talk about prophecies, it’s not always about the future. That is often times the wrong way of looking at prophecy. A prophet is somebody who speaks in behalf of somebody else,” he added."
Where would prophecies be without ambiguity?

We only know what they mean in hindsight.

History teaches us that all gods are imaginary.

Prince George, Canada

#435921 Apr 28, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a fantastic poem by June Vandermark. It brought me to tears of love, and joy.
When I wrote it I was under the spell of religion and I cried tears of euphoria-type emotion for several days following the writing.

Now that I'm out of religion, I don't relate one iota to the words in that poem. It seems a whole lot of fluff to me now.

My guess is, the men who wrote of gods speaking to them felt that same euphoric sensation, as they hypnotised their emotions to believe that they were on the same plane as the creator. What a BUZZ that gives to the human ego.

I finally came back to earth and decided non-human animals were not so silly as to allow their imaginations such liberties.

Prince George, Canada

#435922 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're way more evangelical than most evangelicals. Obviously on opposite ends of the spectrum.
I don't mind if you use the terms "fanatic" or "radical."

By those in religion, I've been referred to as a witch, a bitch, a moron, mentally ill, wicked, amoral, immoral, a devil, a demon, sinister, and many more words of "endearment."

It's the religious way of showing love as they follow the commandments of the creator.

Prince George, Canada

#435923 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would prophecies be without ambiguity?
We only know what they mean in hindsight.
History teaches us that all gods are imaginary.
Anyone can be a self-proclaimed prophet ... and observing the words in the many supposed holy books indicates that there have been more than enough mortal human animals that were certain spirits were giving them divine and pure messages from "outer space."

Prince George, Canada

#435924 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism flowed from Judaism.
Why would Catholicism feel a need to flow AWAY from Judaism, when the supposed savior was an undifiled faithful Jew?

I suggest you ask your self those questions, and you will see that the ex-Jew Catholics connived and plotted big-time in how they would go about starting a new religion.

The Jews (in their theology) didn't need a savior. They wrote into their books that they were already GOD's chosen few. They thought they had religion all sewn up in their favor. They created the one-god dogma, and all others of earth would have to funnel through them to find eternal bliss, and the religion of the Jews would rule the world ... making the Jews masters of all.

But it all fell apart when the ex-Jew Catholics decided to spoil that grandiose plan of the one-god dogma. Then the Muslims and the Protestants joined in the "fun" spilling rivers of blood as they all wanted their own cults to rule the world.

Dang it all anyway. Some new group always spoils the plan of the earlier group of truth-claimers that came before.

It seems that even greed has it limits.

Prince George, Canada

#435925 Apr 28, 2013
From the book Essays by Wendell Berry

How absurd we humans in fact are! How misapplied is our self-admiration—as we can readily see by observing other self-admiring humans! How richly just and healthful is self-ridicule!

Prince George, Canada

#435926 Apr 28, 2013
If you study cults from the outside in, you will see that their aim was always to make their own cult into the massive-sized ruler of all people of the world.

The bloated human ego will not take no for an answer. That's why all the blood has been shed over religion. "I want my way to be THE way ... period."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Prince George, Canada

#435927 Apr 28, 2013
The Precarious Vision … Peter L. Berger … A sociologist looks at social fictions and Christian faith … Published 1961.

A claim to religious authority, carried into a dialogue however polite, is a club held under the table. A claim to authority always projects the point at which coercion will replace communication—“Believe or shut up”—or even “Believe or be damned.”
truth

Perth, Australia

#435928 Apr 28, 2013
why she died..who..she cry and asked for help..who..girl or lady which is been owner of car which is been sold to my son..i hear her screeming cry for help..why is like that..did she exist in spirit..

Prince George, Canada

#435929 Apr 28, 2013
When I came on the first thread of the forum in 2006, I decided to never make "friends," as I knew the moment I disagreed with other people's concepts the "friendships" would cease.

I never considered the idea back in 2006 that I would leave religion. But it was that decision back then to never make friends and know that other people would become very angry and distance their selves from me as I posted different opinions than theirs that allowed me the freedom to make up my own mind as I conversed with others. For that decision, I am thankful.

From my perception, I have no enemies on forums. They are just people with ideas, whose ideas differ from my own ideas.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435930 Apr 28, 2013
car is been on desplay trough computer for sell..my son pick up..see that that car..father promise give money for car..i go with them alltogether..when i come there..i stop liked..i nstop yes ..i don't liked that man..first i look in tyres..why i don't know..i replay no no no..o yes that man looks young he say its been acident..he say i have to go with my mother in melbourn ..yes first i see green ring over his hand..then i say noo..he pool them as every man oh who they are wicket..people..did i fill extra more..yes i could..i been unhappy..yes..

yes i don't liked that car no..why they don't need sold to my son..noooooooooo

she sream help me..oh i rturn over..i sit that car many times..why she scream..o well

why i hear that voice..no..its not acident..definitly not..she been killed in that car..definitly not car accident..no..i am confident..as wellm she is been killed and left in back in ..she scream from that point..she is been killed not car acident..no..why he say to mmy depress husbund i have to go on fast i need sell this car i can't bringt this car with me in melbourne but have allready new..no they not listen me ..definitly not..i don't liked that car..she not have accidenttttt with car..she is been in back..she is been killeddddddd
i hear her voice ..she cry..her spirit cryyyyyyyy..she call for helpppp
i can hear,,do you understooddddddddd
why you sold this car top me
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
corupt policeeee they not loking for anything
noooooooo
that man go in melbourne very fast..i notice unusuall..ohhhhhh
how can do that
she is been killeddddddddddd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 750,498
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Eagle 12 229,949
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min EdmondWA 96,122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Catcher1 174,424
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 21 min An NFL Fan 118,645
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min RADEKT 261,650
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 33 min USN Atheist 5,457
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 59 min MeHere 388
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 602,167
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr flatbushsam 126