Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,510
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435920 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite the "laughable" quote from that article.
"“What I’d like to say is when you talk about prophecies, it’s not always about the future. That is often times the wrong way of looking at prophecy. A prophet is somebody who speaks in behalf of somebody else,” he added."
Where would prophecies be without ambiguity?

We only know what they mean in hindsight.

History teaches us that all gods are imaginary.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435921 Apr 28, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a fantastic poem by June Vandermark. It brought me to tears of love, and joy.
When I wrote it I was under the spell of religion and I cried tears of euphoria-type emotion for several days following the writing.

Now that I'm out of religion, I don't relate one iota to the words in that poem. It seems a whole lot of fluff to me now.

My guess is, the men who wrote of gods speaking to them felt that same euphoric sensation, as they hypnotised their emotions to believe that they were on the same plane as the creator. What a BUZZ that gives to the human ego.

I finally came back to earth and decided non-human animals were not so silly as to allow their imaginations such liberties.

Prince George, Canada

#435922 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're way more evangelical than most evangelicals. Obviously on opposite ends of the spectrum.
I don't mind if you use the terms "fanatic" or "radical."

By those in religion, I've been referred to as a witch, a bitch, a moron, mentally ill, wicked, amoral, immoral, a devil, a demon, sinister, and many more words of "endearment."

It's the religious way of showing love as they follow the commandments of the creator.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#435923 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would prophecies be without ambiguity?
We only know what they mean in hindsight.
History teaches us that all gods are imaginary.
Anyone can be a self-proclaimed prophet ... and observing the words in the many supposed holy books indicates that there have been more than enough mortal human animals that were certain spirits were giving them divine and pure messages from "outer space."

Prince George, Canada

#435924 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism flowed from Judaism.
Why would Catholicism feel a need to flow AWAY from Judaism, when the supposed savior was an undifiled faithful Jew?

I suggest you ask your self those questions, and you will see that the ex-Jew Catholics connived and plotted big-time in how they would go about starting a new religion.

The Jews (in their theology) didn't need a savior. They wrote into their books that they were already GOD's chosen few. They thought they had religion all sewn up in their favor. They created the one-god dogma, and all others of earth would have to funnel through them to find eternal bliss, and the religion of the Jews would rule the world ... making the Jews masters of all.

But it all fell apart when the ex-Jew Catholics decided to spoil that grandiose plan of the one-god dogma. Then the Muslims and the Protestants joined in the "fun" spilling rivers of blood as they all wanted their own cults to rule the world.

Dang it all anyway. Some new group always spoils the plan of the earlier group of truth-claimers that came before.

It seems that even greed has it limits.

Prince George, Canada

#435925 Apr 28, 2013
From the book Essays by Wendell Berry

How absurd we humans in fact are! How misapplied is our self-admiration—as we can readily see by observing other self-admiring humans! How richly just and healthful is self-ridicule!

Prince George, Canada

#435926 Apr 28, 2013
If you study cults from the outside in, you will see that their aim was always to make their own cult into the massive-sized ruler of all people of the world.

The bloated human ego will not take no for an answer. That's why all the blood has been shed over religion. "I want my way to be THE way ... period."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following.

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Prince George, Canada

#435927 Apr 28, 2013
The Precarious Vision … Peter L. Berger … A sociologist looks at social fictions and Christian faith … Published 1961.

A claim to religious authority, carried into a dialogue however polite, is a club held under the table. A claim to authority always projects the point at which coercion will replace communication—“Believe or shut up”—or even “Believe or be damned.”
truth

Perth, Australia

#435928 Apr 28, 2013
why she died..who..she cry and asked for help..who..girl or lady which is been owner of car which is been sold to my son..i hear her screeming cry for help..why is like that..did she exist in spirit..

Prince George, Canada

#435929 Apr 28, 2013
When I came on the first thread of the forum in 2006, I decided to never make "friends," as I knew the moment I disagreed with other people's concepts the "friendships" would cease.

I never considered the idea back in 2006 that I would leave religion. But it was that decision back then to never make friends and know that other people would become very angry and distance their selves from me as I posted different opinions than theirs that allowed me the freedom to make up my own mind as I conversed with others. For that decision, I am thankful.

From my perception, I have no enemies on forums. They are just people with ideas, whose ideas differ from my own ideas.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435930 Apr 28, 2013
car is been on desplay trough computer for sell..my son pick up..see that that car..father promise give money for car..i go with them alltogether..when i come there..i stop liked..i nstop yes ..i don't liked that man..first i look in tyres..why i don't know..i replay no no no..o yes that man looks young he say its been acident..he say i have to go with my mother in melbourn ..yes first i see green ring over his hand..then i say noo..he pool them as every man oh who they are wicket..people..did i fill extra more..yes i could..i been unhappy..yes..

yes i don't liked that car no..why they don't need sold to my son..noooooooooo

she sream help me..oh i rturn over..i sit that car many times..why she scream..o well

why i hear that voice..no..its not acident..definitly not..she been killed in that car..definitly not car accident..no..i am confident..as wellm she is been killed and left in back in ..she scream from that point..she is been killed not car acident..no..why he say to mmy depress husbund i have to go on fast i need sell this car i can't bringt this car with me in melbourne but have allready new..no they not listen me ..definitly not..i don't liked that car..she not have accidenttttt with car..she is been in back..she is been killeddddddd
i hear her voice ..she cry..her spirit cryyyyyyyy..she call for helpppp
i can hear,,do you understooddddddddd
why you sold this car top me
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
corupt policeeee they not loking for anything
noooooooo
that man go in melbourne very fast..i notice unusuall..ohhhhhh
how can do that
she is been killeddddddddddd

Prince George, Canada

#435931 Apr 28, 2013
The extremely devout Muslims are intent on creating an Islamic world. That is not unusual for those in religion.

If you study the history you will better understand that it the nature of the human beast to have its own way.

An example of double-standards that consisted of blatant hypocrisy was the pope kissing the Qur'an as a show of unity, while at the same time his missionaries were in countries of heavy Muslim belief ... trying to convince Muslims that they must become Catholic Christians in order to be saved.

My guess is, if a Muslim in Iran kissed the Christian bible, he would be dead by nightfall. A Muslim does not betray his own religion.

Religion divides into groups as it conquers the mindsets of the believers.

Such division never has been good for humanity, and there is nothing that indicates any change whatsoever.

That is why I left my own cult's religious beliefs behind and decided to go it on my own.

Prince George, Canada

#435932 Apr 28, 2013
As long as people stay in individual religious cults, they WILL fight with words, or with weapons of mass destruction to defend those cults as being on the righteous and holy paths to eternal bliss.

Religion causes the disruption that it professes to cure.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435933 Apr 28, 2013
zeli mi reci da je bila ziva kidnapirana u gepeku pozadi auta otale place i zove..taj koji je bio vlasnik i prodao auto..
sto nisam zelila auto..sto sam promjetila prvo

'tocak' kad sam pogledala tocak..no kazem ja nevolim ovo auto..a sto ti znas vidi kako je lijepo
no rekla sam.. na ruci je imao prsten zelene boje..cajnesko lice..o yes tako je izgledao mlad..kojem se zurilo sa njegovom majkom za melbourn..

nije imala car accident..

Prince George, Canada

#435934 Apr 28, 2013
You can pray to your images of gods ... but surely you already know that if a creator exists, the creator knows your needs even before you beg for assistance and acceptance. And if the supposed creator cared about your comforts, you wouldn't have to ask for help as the gift would be in the giving itself. Suffering would be nonexistent.

Religion is nonsense as it teaches people to be needy of outside input.

I suggest that you are as whole as you are going to be and that if you accept your selves as being acceptable to you ... it doesn't get any better than that.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435935 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The extremely devout Muslims are intent on creating an Islamic world. That is not unusual for those in religion.
If you study the history you will better understand that it the nature of the human beast to have its own way.
An example of double-standards that consisted of blatant hypocrisy was the pope kissing the Qur'an as a show of unity, while at the same time his missionaries were in countries of heavy Muslim belief ... trying to convince Muslims that they must become Catholic Christians in order to be saved.
My guess is, if a Muslim in Iran kissed the Christian bible, he would be dead by nightfall. A Muslim does not betray his own religion.
Religion divides into groups as it conquers the mindsets of the believers.
Such division never has been good for humanity, and there is nothing that indicates any change whatsoever.
That is why I left my own cult's religious beliefs behind and decided to go it on my own.
Jesus died for Islam.

Jesus' Crusader army prayed as the Bible instructs and put its entire faith in Jesus.

They marched out into the desert, with little food and water, only their faith.

And Jesus responded. The Middle East is Islamic today.

Either Jesus died for Islam, or it's all imaginary.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#435936 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind if you use the terms "fanatic" or "radical."
By those in religion, I've been referred to as a witch, a bitch, a moron, mentally ill, wicked, amoral, immoral, a devil, a demon, sinister, and many more words of "endearment."
It's the religious way of showing love as they follow the commandments of the creator.
Well I'll never call you those names. I don't know what going on in your mind. But I do know I go to Mass 2-3 times per week and pray daily to God. I confess to be a follower of Jesus Christ, the savior of the human race. You do not. Yet, God loves you as equally as me. That's who the Judeo- Christian God is. Don't listen to the Calvinist Bible fanatics. They are no authority.

I will say however, that you seem to push and push to get a certain reaction from the Christians on here, as if to say,'see, I told you so. Look how they act!"
Instigation to feel justified in not being Christian anymore?

Prince George, Canada

#435937 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, He will be against your 'right' to abort a baby. He will be against gay marriage and other misuses of sexuality. He will require you to follow His commandments and love Him back.
That's a tough one eh?
Imaginary gods are against whatever the believers in the gods are against. That's what makes religion so "handy."

If you join a modern Pagan religion, the goddess doesn't make a fuss over homosexuality. The theologian (father of Wicca) stated that the goddess curses homosexuals ... but bi-sexual Alex Sanders stated that the goddess loves homosexuals, OH, and also bi-sexuals ... SO THERE!

It's a wonderful era for god-shoppers these days. You can pick the god or the goddess of choice and they will all do your own bidding.

OH ... and by the way, your "god" is not against abortion, or fetuses would not die in the wombs causing babies to be born dead. That means your god commits abortion. Naughty, naughty god.

Prince George, Canada

#435938 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll never call you those names. I don't know what going on in your mind. But I do know I go to Mass 2-3 times per week and pray daily to God. I confess to be a follower of Jesus Christ, the savior of the human race. You do not. Yet, God loves you as equally as me. That's who the Judeo- Christian God is. Don't listen to the Calvinist Bible fanatics. They are no authority.
I will say however, that you seem to push and push to get a certain reaction from the Christians on here, as if to say,'see, I told you so. Look how they act!"
Instigation to feel justified in not being Christian anymore?
Well if you so choose you can keep those sermons coming, and you might convince others that going to Mass cleanses you of being human.

I don't buy it.

Prince George, Canada

#435939 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died for Islam.
Jesus' Crusader army prayed as the Bible instructs and put its entire faith in Jesus.
They marched out into the desert, with little food and water, only their faith.
And Jesus responded. The Middle East is Islamic today.
Either Jesus died for Islam, or it's all imaginary.
OH but WAIT ... the story gets even "richer!" Some of the Muslims claim that the 12th Imam (the ULTRA holy one) is going to come and bring the converted-to-Islam Jesus with him, and those who wish to fly off to Paradise and enjoy those virgins will follow. So according to that truth, Jesus the ex-Jew will be Muslim forever after.

Hahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dally Mama 775,333
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min WildWeirdWillie 175,648
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Anti-Christ 441,772
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 37,817
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 24 min sarah ady 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min who 265,149
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min preteen girl 605,021
More from around the web