Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,672
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#435931 Apr 28, 2013
The extremely devout Muslims are intent on creating an Islamic world. That is not unusual for those in religion.

If you study the history you will better understand that it the nature of the human beast to have its own way.

An example of double-standards that consisted of blatant hypocrisy was the pope kissing the Qur'an as a show of unity, while at the same time his missionaries were in countries of heavy Muslim belief ... trying to convince Muslims that they must become Catholic Christians in order to be saved.

My guess is, if a Muslim in Iran kissed the Christian bible, he would be dead by nightfall. A Muslim does not betray his own religion.

Religion divides into groups as it conquers the mindsets of the believers.

Such division never has been good for humanity, and there is nothing that indicates any change whatsoever.

That is why I left my own cult's religious beliefs behind and decided to go it on my own.

Prince George, Canada

#435932 Apr 28, 2013
As long as people stay in individual religious cults, they WILL fight with words, or with weapons of mass destruction to defend those cults as being on the righteous and holy paths to eternal bliss.

Religion causes the disruption that it professes to cure.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435933 Apr 28, 2013
zeli mi reci da je bila ziva kidnapirana u gepeku pozadi auta otale place i zove..taj koji je bio vlasnik i prodao auto..
sto nisam zelila auto..sto sam promjetila prvo

'tocak' kad sam pogledala tocak..no kazem ja nevolim ovo auto..a sto ti znas vidi kako je lijepo
no rekla sam.. na ruci je imao prsten zelene boje..cajnesko lice..o yes tako je izgledao mlad..kojem se zurilo sa njegovom majkom za melbourn..

nije imala car accident..

Prince George, Canada

#435934 Apr 28, 2013
You can pray to your images of gods ... but surely you already know that if a creator exists, the creator knows your needs even before you beg for assistance and acceptance. And if the supposed creator cared about your comforts, you wouldn't have to ask for help as the gift would be in the giving itself. Suffering would be nonexistent.

Religion is nonsense as it teaches people to be needy of outside input.

I suggest that you are as whole as you are going to be and that if you accept your selves as being acceptable to you ... it doesn't get any better than that.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435935 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The extremely devout Muslims are intent on creating an Islamic world. That is not unusual for those in religion.
If you study the history you will better understand that it the nature of the human beast to have its own way.
An example of double-standards that consisted of blatant hypocrisy was the pope kissing the Qur'an as a show of unity, while at the same time his missionaries were in countries of heavy Muslim belief ... trying to convince Muslims that they must become Catholic Christians in order to be saved.
My guess is, if a Muslim in Iran kissed the Christian bible, he would be dead by nightfall. A Muslim does not betray his own religion.
Religion divides into groups as it conquers the mindsets of the believers.
Such division never has been good for humanity, and there is nothing that indicates any change whatsoever.
That is why I left my own cult's religious beliefs behind and decided to go it on my own.
Jesus died for Islam.

Jesus' Crusader army prayed as the Bible instructs and put its entire faith in Jesus.

They marched out into the desert, with little food and water, only their faith.

And Jesus responded. The Middle East is Islamic today.

Either Jesus died for Islam, or it's all imaginary.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#435936 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind if you use the terms "fanatic" or "radical."
By those in religion, I've been referred to as a witch, a bitch, a moron, mentally ill, wicked, amoral, immoral, a devil, a demon, sinister, and many more words of "endearment."
It's the religious way of showing love as they follow the commandments of the creator.
:)
Well I'll never call you those names. I don't know what going on in your mind. But I do know I go to Mass 2-3 times per week and pray daily to God. I confess to be a follower of Jesus Christ, the savior of the human race. You do not. Yet, God loves you as equally as me. That's who the Judeo- Christian God is. Don't listen to the Calvinist Bible fanatics. They are no authority.

I will say however, that you seem to push and push to get a certain reaction from the Christians on here, as if to say,'see, I told you so. Look how they act!"
Instigation to feel justified in not being Christian anymore?

Prince George, Canada

#435937 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, He will be against your 'right' to abort a baby. He will be against gay marriage and other misuses of sexuality. He will require you to follow His commandments and love Him back.
That's a tough one eh?
Imaginary gods are against whatever the believers in the gods are against. That's what makes religion so "handy."

If you join a modern Pagan religion, the goddess doesn't make a fuss over homosexuality. The theologian (father of Wicca) stated that the goddess curses homosexuals ... but bi-sexual Alex Sanders stated that the goddess loves homosexuals, OH, and also bi-sexuals ... SO THERE!

It's a wonderful era for god-shoppers these days. You can pick the god or the goddess of choice and they will all do your own bidding.

:)

OH ... and by the way, your "god" is not against abortion, or fetuses would not die in the wombs causing babies to be born dead. That means your god commits abortion. Naughty, naughty god.

Prince George, Canada

#435938 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll never call you those names. I don't know what going on in your mind. But I do know I go to Mass 2-3 times per week and pray daily to God. I confess to be a follower of Jesus Christ, the savior of the human race. You do not. Yet, God loves you as equally as me. That's who the Judeo- Christian God is. Don't listen to the Calvinist Bible fanatics. They are no authority.
I will say however, that you seem to push and push to get a certain reaction from the Christians on here, as if to say,'see, I told you so. Look how they act!"
Instigation to feel justified in not being Christian anymore?
Well if you so choose you can keep those sermons coming, and you might convince others that going to Mass cleanses you of being human.

I don't buy it.

Prince George, Canada

#435939 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died for Islam.
Jesus' Crusader army prayed as the Bible instructs and put its entire faith in Jesus.
They marched out into the desert, with little food and water, only their faith.
And Jesus responded. The Middle East is Islamic today.
Either Jesus died for Islam, or it's all imaginary.
OH but WAIT ... the story gets even "richer!" Some of the Muslims claim that the 12th Imam (the ULTRA holy one) is going to come and bring the converted-to-Islam Jesus with him, and those who wish to fly off to Paradise and enjoy those virgins will follow. So according to that truth, Jesus the ex-Jew will be Muslim forever after.

Hahahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#435940 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll never call you those names.
No you didn't. Thank you for being respectful in that regard.

I fully understand you feel an impulsive need to protect what you have been indoctrinated to believe is certain religious truth.

Been there ... done that.

Prince George, Canada

#435941 Apr 28, 2013
Even had Jesus lived, he would have had to be an EX-Jew in order to become a supporter of Catholicism, and that would indicate that he was not a faithful Jew, but rather a traitor to his own Jewish father who sent him.

You figure it out. It's easy if you assess the issue from outside of the Christian cults.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#435942 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you so choose you can keep those sermons coming, and you might convince others that going to Mass cleanses you of being human.
I don't buy it.
You don't have to buy it. Please don't think your rabid antagonism will upset me into calling you names. I pity you. I know you're inching closer and closer to death and you're kicking and screaming. Its sad. The Catholic Church will be here after 5,000 June VanDerMarks come and go. You do nothing to bring down the Church that Christ started.

Prince George, Canada

#435943 Apr 28, 2013
I am now thankful that I once was indoctrinated by religion. It gives me empathy to understand the heavy load put into psyches that often refuses to be removed without a great deal of effort.

But no more will the theologians own my thoughts in any regard whatsoever.

I fired them as inconsequential trouble-makers and nincompoops of blathering gibberish.

Prince George, Canada

#435944 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to buy it. Please don't think your rabid antagonism will upset me into calling you names. I pity you. I know you're inching closer and closer to death and you're kicking and screaming. Its sad. The Catholic Church will be here after 5,000 June VanDerMarks come and go. You do nothing to bring down the Church that Christ started.
I understand. You will fight like a trooper to defend your dogmas, and pitying me for not understanding that you own that one and only "truth," is part and parcel of your programming.

Theologians were and are cunning masters of lies.

I suggest that you keep in mind the word "theology" means to STUDY religion ... as in plural ... and you will learn that they deceived you by stating that they knew the one and only truth.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435945 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand you feel an impulsive need to protect what you have been indoctrinated to believe is certain religious truth.
They're here to validate their delusion, because they have no proof otherwise.

They need validation by others believing like them, along with constant indoctrination.

They also believe that you will be punished somehow by not sharing their delusion.

All cults share the same traits.

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

#435946 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is nonsense as it teaches people to be needy of outside input.
Sounds like the liberals here in the US
Clay

United States

#435947 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I was not indoctrinated. I was Baptized into the faith, yeah. I went to a Catholic grade school. But my parents never forced me to go to Church. And I don't think I paid attention in religion class for two minutes.
Believe me you, when I quit being Agnostic, I desperately did not want to be Catholic. I looked for countless reasons not to. The Protestants seemed to have it so much better. They get to design their own Christianity. If their particularly sect doesn't fit their lifestyle anymore, they just grab a Bible and open their own church! They invented faith alone, so no matter what they do, They've got the Golden Ticket to Heaven!! Who wouldn't want to leave Catholicism for that??
But is it truth? Is it what the Apostles taught?? No.

Prince George, Canada

#435948 Apr 28, 2013
To study religion ... from my perspective, means to study whether religion is of value or of detriment to society.

It doesn't mean to latch on to an indivual cult and proclaim to have solved the mysteries by telling people of their fortunes or misfortunes in a supposed hereafter.

If kept in context, the study of religion should be the study of all religions ... world wide ... without favoring any.

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

#435949 Apr 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy, Jesus didn't start the RCC, Constantine did. The church Jesus started is non denominational.

Prince George, Canada

#435950 Apr 28, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They're here to validate their delusion, because they have no proof otherwise.
The Protestants and Catholics squabbling on these forums are here to preach and defend their own religious "territories."

They believe it is what their image of the "same" supposed god expects of them.

Ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Darwins Stepchild 825,408
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 11 min the straight thon... 219
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 2,249
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 1 hr James 70,120
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 40,106
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 442,456
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 2,998
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 611,767
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,818
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr AN NFL FAN 121,614
More from around the web