Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
420,141 - 420,160 of 533,577 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bill Maher interviewing "Jesus."

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

That's what I figured you'd do Soc. Run.
Continue with your fanatical conspiracy ideological brand of Christianity.
You know the truth man. You know Jesus Christ never taught anyone to create a Christian Bible and follow it like you guys do. The fact that you use the Holy Scriptures to trash the very Church upon which they come is bold.
How long are you going to pretend Sola Scripture exists??
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian.)
No Soc. Christians are supposed to follow Jesus Christ. And Jesus never taught us to follow scripture alone. You guys made it up a few hundred yrs ago and called yourselves 'Christians'.

Do you realize that you can't have your religion, unless you make up lies about the Catholic Church? That should be a red flag for anyone who's a serious about Christianity.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No Soc. Christians are supposed to follow Jesus Christ. And Jesus never taught us to follow scripture alone. You guys made it up a few hundred yrs ago and called yourselves 'Christians'.
Do you realize that you can't have your religion, unless you make up lies about the Catholic Church? That should be a red flag for anyone who's a serious about Christianity.
You are very silly ... but do carry on and make a fool out of your self.

For better or worse the Catholics compiled all the data for the new testament, on which all Protestants do their banking as they milk the scriptures dry for their own hopes that a Jew will save Protestants ... while barring Catholics and Jews and people in all other religions from entrance through the pearly gates.

Stupid people!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Because Luther was so arrogant as to believe that a god ordained Luther's dogma, He became more more arrogant to his own claims of knowing truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Having received the revelation that it is the absolute freedom of God the Father which judges, condemns, and saves according to his own decision, Luther could no longer tolerate any other interpretation.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have more posts in two weeks than I've had in 3 yrs. If you took a 4 hr break, people would start to wonder what happened to you..
I kid.
Seriously, I've seen on different forums how other insecure atheist post in rapid succession. It seems they are not just trying to convince us, but them too.
The bottom line is: no matter how far fetched you think the idea of a God is, Atheist offer equally bizarre scenarios on the origins of our existence.
My favorite is how aliens of advanced intelligence - from another galaxy- planted DNA on our planet and began the process of life.
Ironically, a Being we call God- of extremely advanced intelligence, who consist of pure love, could not have planted DNA here?
June, all the irrefutable evidence in the world would not convince people like you to accept God- even if God appeared in the sky tonight and said, "hi June" and He was indeed the Judeo-Christian God.
You'd hate him because He disagrees with your politics. You want to be the dictator of right and wrong. You don't want any authority telling you how it is. Right?
The idea of a higher power is not far fetched.

The idea that you know what this god wants is.

Anything people claim to know is imaginary, because if such a power exists, this power has not revealed itself in a manner that can be documented, measured, or predicted.

It must be frustrating trying to defend an imaginary being.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Luther accepted only three sacraments: baptism, the Eucharist, and confession. And later he also renounced confession. Thanks to the protection of the Elector of Saxony, he remained hidden in the Wartburg castle (1521), and did not return to Wittenburg until the following year.

In April 1518, he wrote respectfully to Pope Leo X. But he was summoned to Rome to exculpate himself. Luther asked Frederick the Wise, the Elector of Saxony, to allow him to be judged in Germany. The confrontation took place at Augsburg in October 1518 before Cardinal Cajetan. But the Augustinian monk refused to retract.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Luther was an arrogant man, but it is thanks to his arrogance that the power of the popes were at last broken.

They were all dictators and nothing BUT dictators.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be frustrating trying to defend an imaginary being.
:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

According to Columbus’s calculations, the end of the world was due to occur in 155 years.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

If I was a creator of this mess of suffering, I sure as heck wouldn't be bragging about living in a perfect realm while my flock of human and non-human animals suffer for lack of food and other necessary things in life that would bring them comfort.

Sickening beliefs.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very silly ... but do carry on and make a fool out of your self.
For better or worse the Catholics compiled all the data for the new testament, on which all Protestants do their banking as they milk the scriptures dry for their own hopes that a Jew will save Protestants ... while barring Catholics and Jews and people in all other religions from entrance through the pearly gates.
Stupid people!!!
You're way more evangelical than most evangelicals. Obviously on opposite ends of the spectrum.
I think there is something else going on in your brain than a simple lack of belief in God. I see you modern atheist acting just like fanatical religious folk.
Keep preaching June! You'll reach 70,000 posts by May!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I figured June to be a woman?
Well,first of all Ella,I live in Rockford, Illinois.
No doubt there are Rockfords in various states.
June is on another thread,where she or he reigns supreme.sounds like June wants to be the only one on this thread as well.That is not going to happen to soon.
She has way to much time on her hands. Or she has listened to Bill Mahers to long... he never has anything nice to say about any one either. Must be a nightmare living with someone like that.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I'd rather spend time watching a monkey pick his nose than I would spend time listening to preachers blather nonsense ... although I must admit, this con-artist has a spiel that is at least different than some of the droning-on preachers I suffered in my day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh he is like you June, loves to hear himself talk that is all.
When your not posting other peoples thoughts.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you, a self-professed ex-Protestant, who came into "true Salvation", the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!---the bride of Christ, to show, as you falsely accused me, in the Scripture I quoted, the lies in that Scripture, and the lies in my comments supported by this Scripture. You fell flat on your face!!!!!
BTW:
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
Don't sound to me like the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!!!
I requested, also, that you show me, as you, again, falsely accused me, in the same Scripture I quoted, where did I misinterpret it, misrepresented it, and misused it, thereby deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!! You,again, fell flat on your face!!!!
You do not speak the truth...but instead, as is typical of Catholics, you regurgitate the swill you so willing guzzle that comes to you from the vatacan.
Since you are "on a roll"...lets continue...
2. Catholics do worship idols...I know..been there..done that..CNN showed a video of that happening....in color and stereo!!!!
idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)
effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)
worship:
If you want, I think I still have the web site shown on CNN where a statute of Mary, supposedly was, as I recall, bleeding tears, with about forty people, in color and stereo, praying the rosary to her!!!!!!
You "conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... I know the bible only Protestant "game" all too well, in dealing with people like you Ox!...It is a bible verse cafeteria style selecting of picking and choosing verses, then adding "your own" protestant propaganda, i.e.(graven image, idol worship) garbage interpretation to it, that is based upon an "ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "ANYTHING" that the Catholic Church teaches or believes!..Quite frankly "I couldn't care less" as to what you believe, Ox< regarding Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the over 1 Billion Catholics around the world, already know, believe, worship, adhere to and accept (without a doubt) the TRUTH that Jesus Christ intiated,established and formed HIS own TRUE CHURCH over 2000 years ago,(long before the bible, was even written in 397AD) the same bible that you "propagadize and editorialize",(to your own destruction). CNN, the liberal mainstream media, ABC, NBC or your local editorial newspaper are a joke!! They are as anti-catholic as you are OX!! For all I care, you can "continue" to play your "bible only" (Catholic bashing) merry-go-round circus game! It makes no difference to me! I/we as Catholics will continue to stick to the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist,the OT,NT (Gospel readings) the other Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel (each day) praying for your "misguided, condemning and judgemntal soul. You can believe and do what you want!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you, a self-professed ex-Protestant, who came into "true Salvation", the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!---the bride of Christ, to show, as you falsely accused me, in the Scripture I quoted, the lies in that Scripture, and the lies in my comments supported by this Scripture. You fell flat on your face!!!!!
BTW:
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
Don't sound to me like the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!!!
I requested, also, that you show me, as you, again, falsely accused me, in the same Scripture I quoted, where did I misinterpret it, misrepresented it, and misused it, thereby deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!! You,again, fell flat on your face!!!!
You do not speak the truth...but instead, as is typical of Catholics, you regurgitate the swill you so willing guzzle that comes to you from the vatacan.
Since you are "on a roll"...lets continue...
2. Catholics do worship idols...I know..been there..done that..CNN showed a video of that happening....in color and stereo!!!!
idol: someone who is adored blindly and excessively (Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)
idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other i
effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead
If you want, I think I still have the web site shown on CNN where a statute of Mary, supposedly was, as I recall, bleeding tears, with about forty people, in color and stereo, praying the rosary to her!!!!!!
You "conveniently" insert the word "Catholic" in the book of Revelations or in any other bible passages, "where-ever and when-ever" it will precisely (fit) your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion".... I know the bible only Protestant "game" all too well, in dealing with people like you Ox!...It is a bible verse cafeteria style selecting of picking and choosing verses, then adding "your own" protestant propaganda, i.e.(graven image, idol worship) garbage interpretation to it, that is based upon an "ingrained, vindictive and hostile attitude toward "ANYTHING" that the Catholic Church teaches or believes!..Quite frankly "I couldn't care less" as to what you believe, Ox< regarding Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I/we as Catholics on this forum, as well as the over 1 Billion Catholics around the world, already know, believe, worship, adhere to and accept (without a doubt) the TRUTH that Jesus Christ intiated,established and formed HIS own TRUE CHURCH over 2000 years ago,(long before the bible, was even written in 397AD) the same bible that you "propagadize and editorialize",(to your own destruction). CNN, the liberal mainstream media, ABC, NBC or your local editorial newspaper are a joke!! They are as anti-catholic as you are OX!! For all I care, you can "continue" to play your "bible only" (Catholic bashing) merry-go-round circus game! It makes no difference to me! I/we as Catholics will continue to stick to the biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist,the OT,NT (Gospel readings) the other Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel (each day) praying for your "misguided, condemning and judgemntal soul. You can believe and do what you want!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

http://biblia.com/bible/esv/John%2016.13
its pure
did you sold your soul to whom..
guard your heart
proverb 4;23
now is mind
http://bible.cc/ephesians/1-18.htm
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
I already what your fanatical opinion is on Christianity. That's not what I asked you. Don't run from the question.
Where does Christ tell us which Books are Biblical? And where do the Apostles tell us to follow the Bible (as the sole authority on Our Lords Ministry) the way you do??
Simple questions Soc. Where is sola scripture???

You were answered. We read this cover to cover; it is in the book you do not read thus do not know what it says.

Amos 8:11 "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:"
-
There are no Christian 'fanatics' as Catholics like to claim. It is either Biblical or it is not. The Bible says the roman Church is the harlot false religion and that is not a fanatical reading rather established scholarly doctrine and history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

494 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 722,176
Sacramento Addiction Therapist Uses Her Educati... 5 min The Addictions Coach 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 224,647
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min true 172,548
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Smokin Joe 115,620
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Charlie Sheen 256,978
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 40 min golti 4,924
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 12 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr reree 86