Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,472
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435847 Apr 27, 2013
Etymology of the words heresy and heretic

In ancient Greek, the verb hairein, meaning "to take", gave rise to the adjective hairetos "able to choose" and the noun hairesis "the act of choosing".

Excerpts from Webster's Word Histories, Merriam-Webster Inc., Publishers; Springfield, Massachuksetts, 1989.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435848 Apr 27, 2013
Here we see the vilifying by the Catholics of the word heresy and heretic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

By the end of the second century, haeresis (the Latin equivalent) was being applied to an organized body holding a false or sacrilegious doctrine. From this use, it took on the sense of "a body of doctrine substantially differing in some aspect from the doctrine taught by the Church".

Excerpts from Webster's Word Histories, Merriam-Webster Inc., Publishers; Springfield, Massachuksetts, 1989.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435849 Apr 27, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

God. A word common, in slightly varying forms, to all Teutonic languages, probably from an Aryan root, gheu—to invoke; it is in no way connected with good.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435850 Apr 27, 2013
Thoughts on which to ponder.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

It just might be possible that when the brains of the fetuses activate into awareness of their circumstances, that it has nothing whatsoever to do with a divine soul or spirit entering the bodies.

When the cells have constructed the brains to the point of becoming active, maybe they start their little energy-engines up on their own and thought becomes secondary life in the human bodies.

And maybe cells in all other animals are busy at work performing the same "natural" tasks.

Apparently the youngest premature baby was born at 22 weeks and her brain had already been activated, as she survived outside of the womb to become a "thinking" human being.

Had her brain “not” been activated in the womb, she would have been a still-birth with no way of surviving.

And if the brain-cells activating at a certain point in fetuses is what creates awareness in the fetuses, then is it not possible that when the brain-cells completely cease to function in (for instance) a terminally ill human, thought also ceases to exist?
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435851 Apr 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
Soc, how do you know the Books in the Bible, belong in the Bible? Jesus never explained to us which Books (old or new) are Biblical. He never taught that said Books are to be the sole authority on His Ministry. Why do you teach this new and strange doctrine if Christ nor His Apostles never did?

Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian. According to the Bible Catholics are of the harlot false religion. Christians are the bride of Christ.

Bride of Christ - pure churh.
Harlot - false Church.

Jesus read from the books called the Law & Prophets every Sabbath. This is where the Jewish faith and doctrine came from. Then Jesus inspired the Apostles to write more, to record what happened with Jesus. John wrote numerous books including the message sent to him by Jesus, the book of Revelation.

1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John:"

The first Christians understood this well. We have 38,000 of their letters quoting the books they considered inspired. 300 years later your Roman Church came along and plays down the Bible with claims of papal authority, even the pope claiming to be 'vicar of christ'. You are in a sun cult. It is not biblical or christian. The Bible tells us the entire roman system will be thrown into the lake of fire with all who support it having the 'mark of the beast' and asks that all flee and come out of her, my people.

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435852 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian. According to the Bible Catholics are of the harlot false religion. Christians are the bride of Christ.
Harlot - false Church.
Jesus read from the books called the Law & Prophets every Sabbath. This is where the Jewish faith and doctrine came from. Then Jesus inspired the Apostles to write more, to record what happened with Jesus. John wrote numerous books including the message sent to him by Jesus, the book of Revelation.
1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John:"
The first Christians understood this well. We have 38,000 of their letters quoting the books they considered inspired. 300 years later your Roman Church came along and plays down the Bible with claims of papal authority, even the pope claiming to be 'vicar of christ'. You are in a sun cult. It is not biblical or christian. The Bible tells us the entire roman system will be thrown into the lake of fire with all who support it having the 'mark of the beast' and asks that all flee and come out of her, my people.
"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
Word-picking from those books to suit your own fantasies might have the same value to humanity as picking your nose.

:)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#435853 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Harlot - false Church.
I already what your fanatical opinion is on Christianity. That's not what I asked you. Don't run from the question.
Where does Christ tell us which Books are Biblical? And where do the Apostles tell us to follow the Bible (as the sole authority on Our Lords Ministry) the way you do??

Simple questions Soc. Where is sola scripture???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435854 Apr 27, 2013
I hope I don't get reported for insulting Christian dogma.

I have to be very careful now, as I walk a thin line at Topix.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435855 Apr 27, 2013

World Revolution
with James arrabito
http://youtu.be/qmyLFy27Y5g

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435856 Apr 27, 2013
I'd rather spend time watching a monkey pick his nose than I would spend time listening to preachers blather nonsense ... although I must admit, this con-artist has a spiel that is at least different than some of the droning-on preachers I suffered in my day.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#435857 Apr 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Oxbow,that you wouldn't know or recognize the truth about the Catholic Church and the faith of "true christians" if you (saw it) and it was (put in front of your eyes) which it IS (every day). You my friend, have been living (YOU OWN) bible only Protestant (invented and made up) distortion of the truth and lie, for so long that it has become ingrained and perverted into your heart, mind and soul! Your OWN hostility and disoriented hate for Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church has polluted (again) your heart, mind and soul into anti-catholic "spiritual bondage"
I asked you, a self-professed ex-Protestant, who came into "true Salvation", the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!---the bride of Christ, to show, as you falsely accused me, in the Scripture I quoted, the lies in that Scripture, and the lies in my comments supported by this Scripture. You fell flat on your face!!!!!

BTW:
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.

Don't sound to me like the Catholic denomination is the bride of Christ!!!!

I requested, also, that you show me, as you, again, falsely accused me, in the same Scripture I quoted, where did I misinterpret it, misrepresented it, and misused it, thereby deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!! You,again, fell flat on your face!!!!

You do not speak the truth...but instead, as is typical of Catholics, you regurgitate the swill you so willing guzzle that comes to you from the vatacan.

Since you are "on a roll"...lets continue...

2. Catholics do worship idols...I know..been there..done that..CNN showed a video of that happening....in color and stereo!!!!

idol: someone who is adored blindly and excessively (Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" (Applicable to Mary and all other idols of "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

effigy: A likeness or image, especially of a person. Symbolically, especially in the form of an effigy.(Applicable to Mary and dead "saints" as practiced by Catholics)

worship:
(Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine), to be devoted to and full of admiration for, to have or express feelings of profound adoration for.(Totally applicable to the practice of Catholics for Mary and dead "saints")

If you want, I think I still have the web site shown on CNN where a statute of Mary, supposedly was, as I recall, bleeding tears, with about forty people, in color and stereo, praying the rosary to her!!!!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435858 Apr 27, 2013
Bill Maher interviewing "Jesus."

Clay

Chicago, IL

#435859 Apr 27, 2013
That's what I figured you'd do Soc. Run.
Continue with your fanatical conspiracy ideological brand of Christianity.
You know the truth man. You know Jesus Christ never taught anyone to create a Christian Bible and follow it like you guys do. The fact that you use the Holy Scriptures to trash the very Church upon which they come is bold.
How long are you going to pretend Sola Scripture exists??
Clay

Chicago, IL

#435860 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian.)
No Soc. Christians are supposed to follow Jesus Christ. And Jesus never taught us to follow scripture alone. You guys made it up a few hundred yrs ago and called yourselves 'Christians'.

Do you realize that you can't have your religion, unless you make up lies about the Catholic Church? That should be a red flag for anyone who's a serious about Christianity.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435861 Apr 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No Soc. Christians are supposed to follow Jesus Christ. And Jesus never taught us to follow scripture alone. You guys made it up a few hundred yrs ago and called yourselves 'Christians'.
Do you realize that you can't have your religion, unless you make up lies about the Catholic Church? That should be a red flag for anyone who's a serious about Christianity.
You are very silly ... but do carry on and make a fool out of your self.

For better or worse the Catholics compiled all the data for the new testament, on which all Protestants do their banking as they milk the scriptures dry for their own hopes that a Jew will save Protestants ... while barring Catholics and Jews and people in all other religions from entrance through the pearly gates.

Stupid people!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435862 Apr 27, 2013
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435863 Apr 27, 2013
Because Luther was so arrogant as to believe that a god ordained Luther's dogma, He became more more arrogant to his own claims of knowing truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Having received the revelation that it is the absolute freedom of God the Father which judges, condemns, and saves according to his own decision, Luther could no longer tolerate any other interpretation.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435864 Apr 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have more posts in two weeks than I've had in 3 yrs. If you took a 4 hr break, people would start to wonder what happened to you..
I kid.
Seriously, I've seen on different forums how other insecure atheist post in rapid succession. It seems they are not just trying to convince us, but them too.
The bottom line is: no matter how far fetched you think the idea of a God is, Atheist offer equally bizarre scenarios on the origins of our existence.
My favorite is how aliens of advanced intelligence - from another galaxy- planted DNA on our planet and began the process of life.
Ironically, a Being we call God- of extremely advanced intelligence, who consist of pure love, could not have planted DNA here?
June, all the irrefutable evidence in the world would not convince people like you to accept God- even if God appeared in the sky tonight and said, "hi June" and He was indeed the Judeo-Christian God.
You'd hate him because He disagrees with your politics. You want to be the dictator of right and wrong. You don't want any authority telling you how it is. Right?
The idea of a higher power is not far fetched.

The idea that you know what this god wants is.

Anything people claim to know is imaginary, because if such a power exists, this power has not revealed itself in a manner that can be documented, measured, or predicted.

It must be frustrating trying to defend an imaginary being.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435865 Apr 27, 2013

Luther accepted only three sacraments: baptism, the Eucharist, and confession. And later he also renounced confession. Thanks to the protection of the Elector of Saxony, he remained hidden in the Wartburg castle (1521), and did not return to Wittenburg until the following year.

In April 1518, he wrote respectfully to Pope Leo X. But he was summoned to Rome to exculpate himself. Luther asked Frederick the Wise, the Elector of Saxony, to allow him to be judged in Germany. The confrontation took place at Augsburg in October 1518 before Cardinal Cajetan. But the Augustinian monk refused to retract.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435866 Apr 27, 2013
Luther was an arrogant man, but it is thanks to his arrogance that the power of the popes were at last broken.

They were all dictators and nothing BUT dictators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Porkpie Hat 269,089
Is Obama legally eligible to be POTUS? (Nov '08) 12 min Truth Detector 1,176
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Clearwater 176,069
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Naked Truth from ... 608,287
India Benzos (May '13) 21 min moggy man 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min scaritual 810,564
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min Naked Truth from ... 39,663
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 97,925
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 12 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web