Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,202
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435836 Apr 27, 2013
Nothing is more fundamental than the feeling that time passes: Hide the clocks, dim the lights, sit perfectly still – and yet time keeps slipping by (or seems to, at least). You might expect that modern physics, after 400 years, would have something profound to say about the apparent “flow” of time. Surprisingly, it does not – and this, in Lee Smolin’s view, is its great failing. Even worse, our best theories suggest that time’s passage may be, as Einstein once put it,“a stubbornly persistent illusion.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/books-and...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435837 Apr 27, 2013
And yet some scientists claim that fossils are millions of years "old."

From my perspective the one certainty in these issues, is confusion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Scientists find fossils that are millions of years old in Panama Canal

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/technology/Scienti...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435838 Apr 27, 2013
Somehow the words "pure ones" and "heretic" don't seem to mesh.

My guess is, the Cathars thought they were the pure ones, and the popes thought that the Cathars were heretics.

From my perception they were all wrong and were all motivated by nothing ego.

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

With the eleventh century the Catholic Church’s struggle against birth control entered a new phase. The confrontation with the Cathars(= the pure ones, a sect whose name is the root of the German word for heretic, Ketzer), who condemned all procreation, fired up the Church’s commitment against contraception

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435839 Apr 27, 2013
nothing but ego
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435840 Apr 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
You have much to learn my friend and there is much I could teach you. It is all about the physical bloodlines between these two groups which started in the book of Genesis when the Lord God stated that He would place enmity between the seed of the woman (Christ bloodline) and the seed of the serpent (started with Satan's biological son CAIN). Just what do you yhink """SEED" "" is when God mentioned the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent when He was pronouncing sentence in Eden.

no bible.

Cain was the child of Adam and Eve. You have already been shown this.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435841 Apr 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
And you are thoroughly confused if you think Israel was cast away and the Gentiles favored over Israel. You need to read the following chapter IN ITS ENTIRETY though I think it will only confuse you even more than you already demonstrated that you are. Read this chapter VERY CAREFULLY.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/romans/11...

As i said the physical tribes were broken off for disbelief and disobedience.

Romans

11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you.
11:19 You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not high minded, but fear:
11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not you.

Then Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD. For the past 2000 years all are saved only thru faith in Jesus, including the Jews.

Gal.6:15,16 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision avails any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and on the Israel of God.

Phil.3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God:

There are no contradictions where some passages say the Gospel went to the Gentiles as the tribes were broken off and Temple destroyed while other passages say the Jews remain chosen. It does not exist.

Christians are spiritual Israel, the church body, and bride of Christ.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435842 Apr 27, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Origin of the word "Vatican"
15/07/09
In the introduction to the book "The Sistine Secrets," it explains that the word "vatika" comes from the pre-Roman Etruscan word for 1) a hallucinogenic plant, 2) a bitter grape thThe word vatika subsequently became latin for "prophecy" (referring to female oracles called "Vaticinia") that were connected to these three things. The area which is now St. Peters thus became known as the "Ager Vaticanus" or Vatican Hill. Today, the Italian verb "to prophesize" is "vaticanare", deriving from the Latin. Further, the word "vat" refers to a large tub or cask for storing or holding liquids (such as wine). We might wonder if the grail that held the wine at the Last Supper was holy because it was filled with hallucinogenic vatika wine.
The deeper origin of the word vatika relates to the "tika" or "tikal" dot or jewelry Hindu women (only) place on their forehead to indicate the third eye. The word "tika" then corresponds to the pineal gland (that looks like a pine cone) which is actually an embedded eye with retina in the center of the brain. In more primitive animals the pineal gland has a cornea and locates closer to the top of the skull (corresponding to the Hindu crown chakra) and is thought to help regulate biological activities. In addition to melatonin, the pineal gland is thought to produce a molecule known as DMT (DiMethylTryptamine) which is the most powerful hallucinogen known to exist and appears to be related to dreaming and near-death experiences (see Rick Strassman's book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule"). So, vatika as an entheogenic plant [magic mushrooms or possibly acacia fruit - see below] would then be concerned with the third eye and psychedelic experiences. The swastika symbol found in the Hindu Vedas, Greece and around the world could then refer to the swirling tika, or the vortex ("spirit") said to emanate into or out of the crown chakra in Hindu beliefs. Gives a whole new spin to the term "Holy See" for the Vatican, does it not?
Now it happens that Hindu monasteries are also called vatika. This raises the question could the pre-Roman Etruscans have based their religion on Hinduism and learned how to stimulate the third eye through entheogenic plants? Given that the Vatican was once a vatika for Vaticinia women (probably from India) who drank from a vat of vatika wine to hallucinate through their swas-tika, most religions may well have been derived from ancient Indian shamanism that incorporated entheogenic herbs. The book "Persephone's Quest" seems to support this idea.

..another word for prophetic is diviner.

http://books.google.com/books...

http://alltheinternet.net/...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#435843 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So if I do go "missing" you will know that someone succeeded in their quest to silence me.
You have more posts in two weeks than I've had in 3 yrs. If you took a 4 hr break, people would start to wonder what happened to you..
I kid.

Seriously, I've seen on different forums how other insecure atheist post in rapid succession. It seems they are not just trying to convince us, but them too.
The bottom line is: no matter how far fetched you think the idea of a God is, Atheist offer equally bizarre scenarios on the origins of our existence.

My favorite is how aliens of advanced intelligence - from another galaxy- planted DNA on our planet and began the process of life.
Ironically, a Being we call God- of extremely advanced intelligence, who consist of pure love, could not have planted DNA here?

June, all the irrefutable evidence in the world would not convince people like you to accept God- even if God appeared in the sky tonight and said, "hi June" and He was indeed the Judeo-Christian God.
You'd hate him because He disagrees with your politics. You want to be the dictator of right and wrong. You don't want any authority telling you how it is. Right?
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435844 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And yet some scientists claim that fossils are millions of years "old."
From my perspective the one certainty in these issues, is confusion.
Scientists find fossils that are millions of years old in Panama Canal
Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/technology/Scienti...

Often repeated propaganda. Evolution is but a theory. Their dating methods are debunked all over the nets. The entire fossil record is instead proof of a global flood. Were the fossils millions of years as claimed they would have eroded away at given erosion rates. So you see other scientists disagree..

• eroding ages
http://creation.com/eroding-ages
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435845 Apr 27, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
June just likes to see his name in print. He's all over the place with his beliefs?theories?dogma?
I figured June to be a woman?

Well,first of all Ella,I live in Rockford, Illinois.

No doubt there are Rockfords in various states.

June is on another thread,where she or he reigns supreme.sounds like June wants to be the only one on this thread as well.That is not going to happen to soon.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#435846 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
As i said the physical tribes were broken off for disbelief and disobedience.
Romans
11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you.
11:19 You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not high minded, but fear:
11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not you.
Then Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD. For the past 2000 years all are saved only thru faith in Jesus, including the Jews.
Gal.6:15,16 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision avails any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and on the Israel of God.
Phil.3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light; Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God:
There are no contradictions where some passages say the Gospel went to the Gentiles as the tribes were broken off and Temple destroyed while other passages say the Jews remain chosen. It does not exist.
Christians are spiritual Israel, the church body, and bride of Christ.
Soc, how do you know the Books in the Bible, belong in the Bible? Jesus never explained to us which Books (old or new) are Biblical. He never taught that said Books are to be the sole authority on His Ministry. Why do you teach this new and strange doctrine if Christ nor His Apostles never did?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435847 Apr 27, 2013
Etymology of the words heresy and heretic

In ancient Greek, the verb hairein, meaning "to take", gave rise to the adjective hairetos "able to choose" and the noun hairesis "the act of choosing".

Excerpts from Webster's Word Histories, Merriam-Webster Inc., Publishers; Springfield, Massachuksetts, 1989.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435848 Apr 27, 2013
Here we see the vilifying by the Catholics of the word heresy and heretic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

By the end of the second century, haeresis (the Latin equivalent) was being applied to an organized body holding a false or sacrilegious doctrine. From this use, it took on the sense of "a body of doctrine substantially differing in some aspect from the doctrine taught by the Church".

Excerpts from Webster's Word Histories, Merriam-Webster Inc., Publishers; Springfield, Massachuksetts, 1989.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435849 Apr 27, 2013
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

God. A word common, in slightly varying forms, to all Teutonic languages, probably from an Aryan root, gheu—to invoke; it is in no way connected with good.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435850 Apr 27, 2013
Thoughts on which to ponder.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

It just might be possible that when the brains of the fetuses activate into awareness of their circumstances, that it has nothing whatsoever to do with a divine soul or spirit entering the bodies.

When the cells have constructed the brains to the point of becoming active, maybe they start their little energy-engines up on their own and thought becomes secondary life in the human bodies.

And maybe cells in all other animals are busy at work performing the same "natural" tasks.

Apparently the youngest premature baby was born at 22 weeks and her brain had already been activated, as she survived outside of the womb to become a "thinking" human being.

Had her brain “not” been activated in the womb, she would have been a still-birth with no way of surviving.

And if the brain-cells activating at a certain point in fetuses is what creates awareness in the fetuses, then is it not possible that when the brain-cells completely cease to function in (for instance) a terminally ill human, thought also ceases to exist?
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435851 Apr 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
Soc, how do you know the Books in the Bible, belong in the Bible? Jesus never explained to us which Books (old or new) are Biblical. He never taught that said Books are to be the sole authority on His Ministry. Why do you teach this new and strange doctrine if Christ nor His Apostles never did?

Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian. According to the Bible Catholics are of the harlot false religion. Christians are the bride of Christ.

Bride of Christ - pure churh.
Harlot - false Church.

Jesus read from the books called the Law & Prophets every Sabbath. This is where the Jewish faith and doctrine came from. Then Jesus inspired the Apostles to write more, to record what happened with Jesus. John wrote numerous books including the message sent to him by Jesus, the book of Revelation.

1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John:"

The first Christians understood this well. We have 38,000 of their letters quoting the books they considered inspired. 300 years later your Roman Church came along and plays down the Bible with claims of papal authority, even the pope claiming to be 'vicar of christ'. You are in a sun cult. It is not biblical or christian. The Bible tells us the entire roman system will be thrown into the lake of fire with all who support it having the 'mark of the beast' and asks that all flee and come out of her, my people.

"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435852 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow the Bible -- this is why you are Catholic. Catholics are not Christian. According to the Bible Catholics are of the harlot false religion. Christians are the bride of Christ.
Harlot - false Church.
Jesus read from the books called the Law & Prophets every Sabbath. This is where the Jewish faith and doctrine came from. Then Jesus inspired the Apostles to write more, to record what happened with Jesus. John wrote numerous books including the message sent to him by Jesus, the book of Revelation.
1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John:"
The first Christians understood this well. We have 38,000 of their letters quoting the books they considered inspired. 300 years later your Roman Church came along and plays down the Bible with claims of papal authority, even the pope claiming to be 'vicar of christ'. You are in a sun cult. It is not biblical or christian. The Bible tells us the entire roman system will be thrown into the lake of fire with all who support it having the 'mark of the beast' and asks that all flee and come out of her, my people.
"Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am he." (John 13:19)
Word-picking from those books to suit your own fantasies might have the same value to humanity as picking your nose.

:)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#435853 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Harlot - false Church.
I already what your fanatical opinion is on Christianity. That's not what I asked you. Don't run from the question.
Where does Christ tell us which Books are Biblical? And where do the Apostles tell us to follow the Bible (as the sole authority on Our Lords Ministry) the way you do??

Simple questions Soc. Where is sola scripture???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435854 Apr 27, 2013
I hope I don't get reported for insulting Christian dogma.

I have to be very careful now, as I walk a thin line at Topix.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#435855 Apr 27, 2013

World Revolution
with James arrabito
http://youtu.be/qmyLFy27Y5g

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 762,181
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Johnny 4,108
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min An NFL Fan 119,138
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min bad bob 174,868
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Charlie Sheen 263,137
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 43 min Hatti_Hollerand 58
Gay snapchat names 51 min monster 100
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr Hotbuddy 1,169
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr jeremin 175

Top Stories People Search