Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,982
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435817 Apr 27, 2013
By her stupidity, this fortune teller caused division among husbands and wives.

What a shame that they gave her mindless words such power over their lives.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe … Seventh-Day-Adventist

Sex and the Writings of Ellen G. White

“Let the Christian wife refrain, both in word and act, from exciting the animal passions of her husband.”—“The Adventist home,” p. 123.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435818 Apr 27, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us pray...
"Dear Jesus, please end all cancer in humans tomorrow.
Amen"
Do you consider that prayer silly?
These people know that such prayers were never answered by any outside source.

For all their talk of Jesus dying for sin, their belief in that nonsense never indicates that their suffering is over and done with and that their debts to the supposed god are paid.

Christians suffer just as do all of us ... and if they think that future events after they die will be any different than the suffering that occurs now ... I suggest they should question WHY they believe that way.

A god that purposefully burns the majority of his own human creation in hell, or even doesn't allow the outcasts in his perfect abode, is just as apt to toss the new arrivals out on their self-perceived holy-noses if they irritate him in the slightest way.

All theology is really very stupid in its self-ingratiating schemes.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435819 Apr 27, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Anathema

“Let him (or her) be anathema” was the ritual curse that the Christian church placed on those who were excommunicated or consigned to the devil.

The anathema of the medieval church carried much weight when people believed that it would automatically doom them to an eternity of suffering in hell. However, when the reformation brought doubts on this point, even pious heads of state dismissed it. Pope Pius V invoked anathema in 1570 against Queen Elizabeth 1 of England:“Out of the plenitude of our Apostolic power we declare the aforesaid Elizabeth to be heretic and an abetter of heretics, and we declare her … to have incurred the sentence of excommunication and to be cut off from the unity of the Body of Christ. Furthermore we declare her to be deprived of her pretended claim to the aforesaid kingdom and all lordship, dignity and privilege whatsoever.”

Elizabeth paid no attention to these ecclesiastical thunderings; neither did the majority of her subjects.

1. Robertson, 36 2. Dunham, 113.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435821 Apr 27, 2013

Probably Dr. Masters made one of the strongest statements against religious distortion of sex a few years ago to an audience in Yale Medical School. He reportedly said that “the fact sex is a problem represents the major negative accomplishment of Christendom.” At a question-and-answer period during a recent visit to Notre Dame University, Dr Masters stated that “sex as a sinful syndrome is one of the greatest obstacles to a normal sexual life in America.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435822 Apr 27, 2013
Some body once again reported me to the Topix moderators for breaking the "rules."

Well, at least they can't legally burn me at the stake as would have occurred a few centuries back in time.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435823 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
These people know that such prayers were never answered by any outside source.
For all their talk of Jesus dying for sin, their belief in that nonsense never indicates that their suffering is over and done with and that their debts to the supposed god are paid.
Christians suffer just as do all of us ... and if they think that future events after they die will be any different than the suffering that occurs now ... I suggest they should question WHY they believe that way.
A god that purposefully burns the majority of his own human creation in hell, or even doesn't allow the outcasts in his perfect abode, is just as apt to toss the new arrivals out on their self-perceived holy-noses if they irritate him in the slightest way.
All theology is really very stupid in its self-ingratiating schemes.
June VanDerMark:

The cost of disobedience is higher than the cost of obedience.

Most of us have to learn the hard way, and take our knocks in this life in stride.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435824 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Probably Dr. Masters made one of the strongest statements against religious distortion of sex a few years ago to an audience in Yale Medical School. He reportedly said that “the fact sex is a problem represents the major negative accomplishment of Christendom.” At a question-and-answer period during a recent visit to Notre Dame University, Dr Masters stated that “sex as a sinful syndrome is one of the greatest obstacles to a normal sexual life in America.”
June VanDerMark:

But Master's did his studies on his very prejudiced and filtered study of human beings. He required you had to be dysfunctional in order to be part of his studies on sexuality, and then he declared everyone was like them.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435825 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some body once again reported me to the Topix moderators for breaking the "rules."
Well, at least they can't legally burn me at the stake as would have occurred a few centuries back in time.
June VanDerMark:

Sorry to hear that. I mean that someone reported you.

I frankly appreciate your frankness.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435826 Apr 27, 2013
Joseph Smith, with his nonsensical "visions" blathered as truth in what he termed as his "restored gospel" took his imagination WAY out into the wild blue yonder where imaginations are allowed to go wild.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435827 Apr 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
The cost of disobedience is higher than the cost of obedience.
Most of us have to learn the hard way, and take our knocks in this life in stride.
And does that mean that you believe you have learned YOUR lessons well and can in turn now be our qualified teacher?

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435828 Apr 27, 2013
The only thing I am qualified to teach others about life is that if they study my history they will know what not to do.

As for me teaching them about a hereafter ... that ain't gonna happen. I don't even know what will occur as I take my next breath ... or even if I will take my next breath.

And that is the truth as I see it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435829 Apr 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Sorry to hear that. I mean that someone reported you.
I frankly appreciate your frankness.
Thank you. I don't know who it was, but it's an indication that what I posted hit a very tender nerve.

I've been reported several times ... and yet even though I've been called most every name in the book, I've never reported anyone and don't intend to.

I value the freedom for others to express whatever is on their minds. I can take it. And if I can't, the forum is not the place for me.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435830 Apr 27, 2013
Some of you might find this of interest.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

John and Patsy Ramsey by many people were considered guilty of the murder of their daughter JonBenet. After twelve years they were completely exonerated with an apology. The following words (verbatim) came from John Ramsey on the program “The View.”

“I had a very seasoned chief of police tell me that there’s nothing more dangerous in this country than a police department that makes up its mind.”
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435831 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And does that mean that you believe you have learned YOUR lessons well and can in turn now be our qualified teacher?
I learned way back from "Our Miss Brooks", so I must be qualified.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435832 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I don't know who it was, but it's an indication that what I posted hit a very tender nerve.
I've been reported several times ... and yet even though I've been called most every name in the book, I've never reported anyone and don't intend to.
I value the freedom for others to express whatever is on their minds. I can take it. And if I can't, the forum is not the place for me.
June VanDerMark:

You are probably right about hitting a nerve.

Oh well, sticks and stones...,words.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435833 Apr 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned way back from "Our Miss Brooks", so I must be qualified.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435834 Apr 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You are probably right about hitting a nerve.
Oh well, sticks and stones...,words.
I don't mind the words they post to me. But what they post to Topix I DO mind, because the object of reporting me is to silence me by hoping that Topix moderators will in turn remove my rights "to" post.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435835 Apr 27, 2013
So if I do go "missing" you will know that someone succeeded in their quest to silence me.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435836 Apr 27, 2013
Nothing is more fundamental than the feeling that time passes: Hide the clocks, dim the lights, sit perfectly still – and yet time keeps slipping by (or seems to, at least). You might expect that modern physics, after 400 years, would have something profound to say about the apparent “flow” of time. Surprisingly, it does not – and this, in Lee Smolin’s view, is its great failing. Even worse, our best theories suggest that time’s passage may be, as Einstein once put it,“a stubbornly persistent illusion.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/books-and...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435837 Apr 27, 2013
And yet some scientists claim that fossils are millions of years "old."

From my perspective the one certainty in these issues, is confusion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Scientists find fossils that are millions of years old in Panama Canal

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/technology/Scienti...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessari... 764,972
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 11 min Johnny 924
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min NATIVE INDIAN 5,427
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Rick in Kansas 263,548
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 54 min Yasmin 488
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 1 hr andet1987 4,415
girls feet pictures 1 hr MrironPole 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 603,646
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 hr zafar 1,183

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE