Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,005)

Showing posts 420,081 - 420,100 of529,584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

If you observe the following opinions of Martin Luther, you will see that opinion is fickle and therefore not at all dependable.

We continually take sides on issues. Maybe there is no whole picture. It's possible that tunnel vision is all there is to the matter. I don't know, but from my perspective, guessing is a whole lot of fun.
>>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic; to Philip Melanchthon and many of his contemporaries, a second Elijah, a new Paul. For 400 years from Thomas Murner in 1520 and Johann Dobneck in 1549 to Harmann Grisar and Heinrich Denifle in the twentieth century, Roman Catholic writers pictured Luther as a seven-headed monstrosity, a sick monk driven by sex, a desperate criminal, a destroyer of culture, a misguided radical. Since 1950 however, many Catholic scholars have hailed him as a profound reformer. To Goethe he was a genius; to Neitzsche a vulgar peasant. Luther regarded himself as a tool of God.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have something against black vehicles?
:)
Ollie says 'oh no'....we have nothing against them.

Its just that BLACK Buses have been designated to pickUP ALL hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists at their allocated stations and take them on their one-way trip to their ultimate party.

Now, as for WHITE Buses....that's a different story.

Go Figure

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

What theologian DIDN'T regard his self as a tool of a god or gods?

The word theologian to most people does not mean to study religion. It means to KNOW the answers.

That was a huge misuse of language which lead to rivers of blood being spilled by ignorant humans who knew no better than to follow and follow and follow.

The mind is weak and the will to be right is strong.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
This board needs unity.
God doesn't want us to argue, right?
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...
There used to be one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He used to appear to people. Several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:
Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul.
Obviously Paul benefitted from a personal meeting with the resurrected Christ. Because of the personal visit, Paul could see for himself the truth of the resurrection, and he could ask Jesus questions.
So...
Why did Jesus stop making these appearances?
We know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example -- because it was OK for Jesus to appear to hundreds of other people in the Bible.
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear.
What do you think would happen?
I do, because I am a great seer.
Nothing will happen -- because all gods throughout history have proven to be imaginary.
Not just Jesus -- but 100% of all gods = imaginary.
That why no one can agree here.
That's why there have been so many religious wars.
So let's all pray together and maybe Jesus will prove me wrong? lol
Stanley says that you have a Black 'moniker' thus meaning that you are NOT a true member of TOPIX Forums.....

....and that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.

Go Figure

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Do no harm, has never been an issue to theologians.

Bragging of knowing answers rather than admitting that it's all about guessing caused unfathomable harm and it continues to this day as one theologian after another stands on his pulpit and claims to know the one and only truth of what occurs after humans die.

Fortune-tellers ... one and all.

What a shame!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Abraham Heschel in his book The Prophets says, "The most exalted idea applied to God is not infinite wisdom, infinite power, but infinite concern."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No what was being implied by the Seventh Dayers is that it means Divine Serpent and it holds significants because the Vatican is the Beast in the bible.
Well I don't put trust in any fortune tellers and that includes the Seventh-Day Adventists and their favorite fortune teller Ellen G. White.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe …Pastor of the Seventh-Day-Adventist religion.

After asking the meaning of “base passions”“exhaustion of vitality,”“passion within the marital relationship,” the woman doctor continued,“Ellen G. White seems to say that the woman should restrain her husband and not always accept his advances. It would seem to me that exactly in this lies the great problem of our S.D.A. couples. The wife restrains her husband too much, thus creating tensions in the home and leading to many marital problems, because neither of them is satisfied with their physical relation.

“Time and again married women who find no satisfaction in their marital life come to my office with these quotations in hand, using them as an argument in favor of having intercourse only occasionally with their husbands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Jesus' feelings sufferings authentic reflection of God himself

If God's full and final revelation was given in Jesus, then Jesus' feelings and sufferings are
an authentic reflection of the feelings and sufferings of God himself. The gospel writers
attribute to Jesus the whole range of human emotions, from love and compassion through
anger and indignation to sorrow and joy. The stubborn willful blindness of the human heart
caused him distress and anger. Outside Lazarus' tomb, in the face of death for a dear friend,
Jesus both "wept" and "snorted" with indignation. He wept over Jerusalem, and uttered a
sad lament (a snort) over her blindness and obstinacy. And still today he is able "to
sympathize with our weaknesses" (see Mark 3:5; John 11:35, 38; Luke 13:34ff, Luke
19:41ff). The writer to the Hebrews summed it up well, "For we do not have a high priest
who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses" (Hebrews 4:15).

What does all this mean? What does it say to us today? Our God is not the God of the
philosophers, "The Unmoved Mover" (Aristotle), "Eternal Energy" (Huxley), "The
Unknown Absolute" (Arnold). Not the "First Principle", "Life Essence", "Divine
Architect", "Life Force", "Supreme Intelligence", "Big Boss", "Man Upstairs". Our God is
not the Big Bully who runs everything and has to have everything his way. God has power,
sovereign power, almighty power, but God's power is always used consistent with his
character, consistent with his purpose, and consistent with his patience. To say God is
sovereign means God has the right to be himself. The question is not so much what God
can do, as what God will do. God will not lie. God will not act in an unloving way, God
will not do a foolish thing. God is a limited God. To the extent that he has made us free he
must limit himself. If I am free, then my actions are not predetermined. If I am to be
responsible, I must be free. God is still almighty; because his limitations are selflimitations.
God chooses to limit himself. He makes himself vulnerable. Part of the
The God Who Suffers With Us - page 3
greatness of God is his desire to stoop to our needs, to accommodate himself to us. God
values personal relationships and reaches out to each of us as persons. God has taken
terrible risks with each one of us. We can say "yes" to him, and we can say "no" to him.
That is the risk of freedom. We can also say, "I love you", and it can mean something
because it is freely given. Our God is not the impassable God of the Greeks. Our God is
the passionate God of the Hebrews. He is at least personal. He comes to us in the person
of Jesus and empowers us by the person of the Holy Spirit. God respects us and addresses
us as free persons. That makes God vulnerable, willing to take the risk. God works by
persuasion, not coercion. This is most important to us because we become like the God we
worship. Since our God is vulnerable, caring, compassionate, concerned, involved; that
means he wants us to become that kind of person and enter into that kind of relationship
with him. As Christians we are in a personal relationship with a personal God, not in a
legal relationship with a Cosmic Lawyer or the Infinite Iceberg. Our God responds to us
and to our world in all of its miseries in a caring and empathetic way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

God chooses to limit himself. He makes himself vulnerable. Part of the greatness of God is his desire to stoop to our needs, to accommodate himself to us. God values personal relationships and reaches out to each of us as persons. God has takenterrible risks with each one of us. We can say "yes" to him, and we can say "no" to him.
That is the risk of freedom. We can also say, "I love you", and it can mean something
because it is freely given

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that you have a Black 'moniker' thus meaning that you are NOT a true member of TOPIX Forums.....
I read where at one time in history both words black and white simply meant "void of color," or "without color."

The word black was vilified by believers that darkness meant evil and light meant holiness.

It was another plan created out of ignorance and arrogance.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Aretha123 wrote:
Jesus' feelings sufferings authentic reflection of God himself
Is that why your imaginary Jesus agreed with his converted Catholic father burning riff raff in hell for eternity.

You choose to be silly.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

The theologians taught that sex was evil and dirty and for the most part sin against the supposed god ... and then they blamed the fictitious Satan for causing the problems.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe … Seventh-Day-Adventist

Sit in any Adventist church in the choir loft for a few years and observe the sour looks on many husbands and wives and the way they look and speak to each other, and you have ample evidence that Satan has done his work well.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

One woman shared an important private issue with me years ago that still sticks in my mind.

She was very shy about sex in her marriage, and although she loved her husband was totally frigid.

However, one night she went for it. She fondled him and let him know that she wanted him sexually - big time.

I could tell by how they looked at each other that there were "no holds barred" between them and that he was one happy man.

Good food might be the way to a man's stomach, but good sex will be the way to his self-esteem that he is welcome, appealing and well-worth the time it takes to show him he is "the man."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Most preachers and priests, one do not call themselves theologians,
If they live in the shadow of the words preached by theologians, they are repeating the myths and perceive their selves as being on the same level AS the theologians.

Preachers of all religions are self-perceived glorified tellers of future events after death ... which is utter nonsense.

If you are honest you only want people to believe your own set of myths as having HIGH value in the "grand scheme" of things.

It's all about feeding egos what the egos desire.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

heaven ... hell
holy ... evil
right ... left
righteous ... sinister
saved ... lost
saint ... demon
god ... devil

Blah, blah, blah

Silly stuff in deed.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

"Is there no where I can go god but to heaven or to hell."

"NOPE."

"But I've been kind to others. I've done my very best. Doesn't that count for anything?"

"NOPE."

"But I was taught that you were of the nature of love and forgiveness and all good things"

"NOPE ... I created evil."

"OH OH ... the preachers didn't tell me that one."

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Theologians perceive that they know the minds of the gods.

Preachers under the spell of the theologians are often certain that the theologians received messages through the words in the "holy books" from the supposed gods. So they also profess to know the "minds" of the gods.

Members of congregations sleep in the pews and rely on the theologians and preachers to do the mental math for them, and put all their faith in the meanings of the words taught to them by the theologians and preachers.

And so it goes and goes and goes. Where or if it stops ... who knows?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Why do you suppose that preachers never preach a sermon about god creating evil?

If you ask that question of a preacher, it's my guess you will be given quite the song and dance, or maybe be skirted off to a more suitable scripture post haste BY the preacher.

Avoidance is a sign that some things are better ignored in order to keep the image of the church STRONG on the foundation created from lies.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>June Darling We were talking about the questioning of suffering in the world.Keep posting.You are one of a kind.
Let us pray...

"Dear Jesus, please end all cancer in humans tomorrow.

Amen"

Do you consider that prayer silly?
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Ollie says 'oh no'....we have nothing against them.
Its just that BLACK Buses have been designated to pickUP ALL hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists at their allocated stations and take them on their one-way trip to their ultimate party.
Now, as for WHITE Buses....that's a different story.
Go Figure
Black UFOs?

White UFOs?

Sounds like the old South

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,081 - 420,100 of529,584
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

447 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 715,695
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Lab28 222,983
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min shyam 4,070
Who really controls America and other Western c... 10 min The Awakener 41
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min AussieBobby 255,483
Mike older man 1 hr Son1995 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr petesake kis 114,501
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 93,106
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 10 hr Carly 107