Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
420,041 - 420,060 of 533,731 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Did you guys know that Vatican City is built on a burial ground and was named after a pagan goddess KNOWN AS VATICA? I was not aware of this till they named a new Pope this year and they started talking about the history of Vatican city on the news. Makes you go HMMMMM.

There's a lot of pagan history in Rome but im not sure about this claim you saw on tv. Vatican is known to mean "divining serpent".

Vati - divining
can - serpent

This is also why the papal crest is a winged serpent.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who? Pilate? He has no biblical authority to place so-called curses. The Bible or God does not place curses upon anyone.
The pharisees 2000 years ago were broken off due to disobedience and rejecting the Messiah when the apostles preached. The final act was the stoning of Stephen.
Thus the gospel went to the Gentiles who became spiritual Israel / Jews; thus Rev 2 & 3 are not about physical tribe Jews rather the spiritual Jew followers of Jesus. The passages were written to the churches (verse 1).
Lol. Is that what your teachers have been telling you. If you'll re-read my post carefully again you will see that I stated that they cursed themselves when they called for the blood of Christ and stated let His blood be on themselves and their children. AND IT IS. Even Pilate knew Christ was innocent as did his wife given that she even told Pilate not to have anything to with spilling the innocent of Christ. So Pilate washed his hands of the issue and left it up to the """"JEWS """".

You have much to learn my friend and there is much I could teach you. It is all about the physical bloodlines between these two groups which started in the book of Genesis when the Lord God stated that He would place enmity between the seed of the woman (Christ bloodline) and the seed of the serpent (started with Satan's biological son CAIN). Just what do you yhink """SEED" "" is when God mentioned the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent when He was pronouncing sentence in Eden.

The fact that you guys have no understanding of what took place in that ""FIG GROVE"" in Eden is the reason that you have so much confusion about the teo PHYSICAL BLOODLINES. Had absolutely nothing to do with a SPIRITUAL ISRAEL. It was all about a PHYSICAL BLOODLINE.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of pagan history in Rome but im not sure about this claim you saw on tv. Vatican is known to mean "divining serpent".
Vati - divining
can - serpent
Well I guess the History channel knows less than you do concerning this because it was on the history channel where I saw this documentary.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think I'll take the history channels word on this topic about the Vatican.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who? Pilate? He has no biblical authority to place so-called curses. The Bible or God does not place curses upon anyone.
The pharisees 2000 years ago were broken off due to disobedience and rejecting the Messiah when the apostles preached. The final act was the stoning of Stephen.
Thus the gospel went to the Gentiles who became spiritual Israel / Jews; thus Rev 2 & 3 are not about physical tribe Jews rather the spiritual Jew followers of Jesus. The passages were written to the churches (verse 1).
And you are thoroughly confused if you think Israel was cast away and the Gentiles favored over Israel. You need to read the following chapter IN ITS ENTIRETY though I think it will only confuse you even more than you already demonstrated that you are. Read this chapter VERY CAREFULLY.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/romans/11...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
573 533
Whaddaboutit...hojo...Mr. Expert???? Why are you not responding??? Why are you not showing me, according to you, the lies in my words that are supported by Scripture????
----
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!

---
Very clever!!!! You do have a very difficult time in facing and admitting the truth!!!!!
So...you agree then, that the Word of God has no lies....that, according to you, it is people like me who lie...misrepresent Scripture...misuse it to deceive others by distorting the truth..
Step two:
1. Catholics do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..
According to hojo and clay what I am saying is a lie.
Scripture:
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)
Show me a lie in my words supported by Scripture quoted above. And also show me where I, according to you, I misrepresented the Scripture...misused it to deceive others by distorting the truth..
Quote: We are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ. We are to pray to our Father in Heaven. We are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ...
The fact is Oxbow,that you wouldn't know or recognize the truth about the Catholic Church and the faith of "true christians" if you (saw it) and it was (put in front of your eyes) which it IS (every day). You my friend, have been living (YOU OWN) bible only Protestant (invented and made up) distortion of the truth and lie, for so long that it has become ingrained and perverted into your heart, mind and soul! Your OWN hostility and disoriented hate for Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church has polluted (again) your heart, mind and soul into anti-catholic "spiritual bondage"

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Vati - divining
can - serpent
I never heard of this meaning before, but that is not to say that some people didn't bring that meaning TO the word.

The word gossip at one time supposedly meant a confident in a church, and was a word that deserved respect. But when the gossip spread the news to others that was supposed to be confidential, the word gossip took on a derogatory meaning.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

When the Jews referred to the word "Christ" they didn't mean Jesus as do the Catholics. The ex-Jew Catholics added the word Jesus TO the word Christ to imply that a savior of Catholics had arrived.

The word Christ means "messiah," and the word Jesus also means messiah.

The Jews already had their messiah as they were God's chosen few. The Catholics were double-dipping ... because the words Jesus Christ meant Messiah-Messiah.

I suggest you keep in mind that it was impossible for the faithful Jews to speak of Jesus as being associated with the word Christ, as that word Jesus only came to the language though the Catholics ... NOT the Jews.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>This should tickle your ears...
http://christendomsfolly.xanga.com/716679990/...
Of course ... The Mary of Catholicism is simply a re-warmed Pagan goddess, or probably the many goddesses of Paganism grouped into one solitary goddess. Even in the theology it's not possible for her to be a Catholic saint, as she was a Jew who never converted in any ceremony whatsoever to Catholocism.

There are holes everywhere in the dogmas, but devout believers ignore the holes and concentrate on that one word ... salvation.

It's the "Gimme, gimme gimme my salvation" attitude that keeps these people supporting the lies as though they are of the greatest of value.

When I was under the spell of religion, that word salvation had no appeal to me ... and that is why I studied religion from within the cults and from without of my own cultish religious mindset.

I was not held in bondage by any religious dogma to fear that if I asked pertinent questions that a "god" was going to smite me.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Did you guys know that Vatican City is built on a burial ground and was named after a pagan goddess KNOWN AS VATICA? I was not aware of this till they named a new Pope this year and they started talking about the history of Vatican city on the news. Makes you go HMMMMM.
Interesting ... thanks.

Here is a later version of the meaning of the same word.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Where does the word “Vatican” come from and what does it mean?

The word derives from the Latin vates, which means “tellers of the future.” This was the name given to a hillside on the west bank of the Tiber River in Rome because daily lineups of fortunetellers used to hawk their “wares” there to passersby on the street. In the fourteenth century, when the papacy was returned to Rome from Avignon (France), the present day-Vatican became the residence of the popes, and the word came to refer the enclave in the middle of Rome that had become the seat of the Roman Catholic Church.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

As we can see from study ... the Catholic theology was simply as "extension" of occult practices believed and performed by those in Pagan cults.

Yet the Catholics referred to the Pagans as evil, sinister, diabolical, and tortured and murdered the Pagans for practising sorcery ... which was exactly what the Catholics were practising under the guise of preaching holiness.

It was quite the con-job.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

your confusion is zero..my 100%
its mean explain
where is first Eden=perfection
3x is been already
now
Did you confuse?
If i am confuse please tell me why?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

The word "witch" has a long history, but rest assured, to the people who considered their selves to be "healers," the word held high honor.

The Christians wanted the spotlight on their religion as the "keepers of all things holy" ... but they were anything BUT holy.

Burning innocent humans at the stake as "evil" witches was not and never could be aligned to anything holy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Grimm, Deutsches Wörterbuch connects the "Ingvaeonic word" *wikk&#333;n with Gothic weihs "sacred"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_wit...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

The supposed modern Pagans that refer to their selves as witches are simply playing at being healers.

Back in ancient times there were no pharmacies to frequent, so the people had to rely on what was available, and self-proclaimed "healers" were all that WAS available.

But my guess is, the modernized Pagans practise a different type of "healing," and when they have health problems chances are they run off the doctors on the way to the pharmacies to obtain help from others.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

run off to the doctors
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard of this meaning before, but that is not to say that some people didn't bring that meaning TO the word.
The word gossip at one time supposedly meant a confident in a church, and was a word that deserved respect. But when the gossip spread the news to others that was supposed to be confidential, the word gossip took on a derogatory meaning.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Many think that it is a borrowing from Etruscan. In fact, the hill may have originally been the site of an Etruscan settlement called Vaticum. This can easily be explained when we consider that the region of the modern Vatican, on the right bank of the Tiber, originally belonged to Etruria, or rather, apparently, to the southernmost of the Etruscan cities, the powerful Veii with which Rome had to struggle so much during its first period of expansion. The Romans, in fact, named the area across the Tiber Ripa Etrusca (Etruscan bank).

When the city fell under the power of the Romans in 396 BC in the Battle of Veii, Vatican became part of the city of Rome, although it always remained outside the walls: the so-called Servian Wall of the 4th century B.C. and, much later, the walls built by the emperors Aurelianus and Probus between 270 and 278 AD to defend the city against the fearful invasions of the barbarians. When Augustus divided the city into fourteen regions in 7 BC, the Vatican became part of the fourteenth, which included the territory "beyond the Tiber" (Transtiberim, the modern Trastevere).

Some, meanwhile, connect it with the Latin word vatis or vates, an archaic word originally meaning "prophet", "seer" or "oracle" (also by extension, "poet"): for example, a few claim that it came from the phrase vates canunt (the seers proclaim).
Pliny's reference to Vatican Hill is from Naturalis Historia 8.14.37
http://www.saintpetersbasilica.org/Necropolis... Margherita Guarducci

No scholar however any weight would give any credence at all to the rubbish socci posts.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever karl marx.
You get angry because you know it's imaginary.

As for Carl Marx... two questions:

1... What does your god say to do if you have two coats?

2... What good things does your god have to say about rich people?

Glad you pointed that out :o)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Vati - divining
can - serpent
Origin of the word "Vatican"

15/07/09 16:07 Filed in: Social | Perception

In the introduction to the book "The Sistine Secrets," it explains that the word "vatika" comes from the pre-Roman Etruscan word for 1) a hallucinogenic plant, 2) a bitter grape that made bad Etruscan wine and 3) the Etruscan goddess who guarded the necropolis on vatican hill. The word vatika subsequently became latin for "prophecy" (referring to female oracles called "Vaticinia") that were connected to these three things. The area which is now St. Peters thus became known as the "Ager Vaticanus" or Vatican Hill. Today, the Italian verb "to prophesize" is "vaticanare", deriving from the Latin. Further, the word "vat" refers to a large tub or cask for storing or holding liquids (such as wine). We might wonder if the grail that held the wine at the Last Supper was holy because it was filled with hallucinogenic vatika wine.

The deeper origin of the word vatika relates to the "tika" or "tikal" dot or jewelry Hindu women (only) place on their forehead to indicate the third eye. The word "tika" then corresponds to the pineal gland (that looks like a pine cone) which is actually an embedded eye with retina in the center of the brain. In more primitive animals the pineal gland has a cornea and locates closer to the top of the skull (corresponding to the Hindu crown chakra) and is thought to help regulate biological activities. In addition to melatonin, the pineal gland is thought to produce a molecule known as DMT (DiMethylTryptamine) which is the most powerful hallucinogen known to exist and appears to be related to dreaming and near-death experiences (see Rick Strassman's book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule"). So, vatika as an entheogenic plant [magic mushrooms or possibly acacia fruit - see below] would then be concerned with the third eye and psychedelic experiences. The swastika symbol found in the Hindu Vedas, Greece and around the world could then refer to the swirling tika, or the vortex ("spirit") said to emanate into or out of the crown chakra in Hindu beliefs. Gives a whole new spin to the term "Holy See" for the Vatican, does it not?

Now it happens that Hindu monasteries are also called vatika. This raises the question could the pre-Roman Etruscans have based their religion on Hinduism and learned how to stimulate the third eye through entheogenic plants? Given that the Vatican was once a vatika for Vaticinia women (probably from India) who drank from a vat of vatika wine to hallucinate through their swas-tika, most religions may well have been derived from ancient Indian shamanism that incorporated entheogenic herbs. The book "Persephone's Quest" seems to support this idea.
http://www.interferencetheory.com/Blog/files/...

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia online:

"The territory on the right bank of the Tiber between Monte Mario and Gianicolo (Janiculum) was known to antiquity as the Ager Vaticanus, and, owing to its marshy character, the low-lying portion of this district enjoyed an ill repute. The origin of the name Vaticanus is uncertain; some claim that the name comes from a vanished Etruscan town called Vaticum." [Ager in Latin means land]

read more please on what vatican means

http://biblelight.net/vatican.htm
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
All but one - Jesus Christ!
Add your 'caveman' to the list of textbook fiction.
What do you have against cavemen?

Relax, we agree on about 95% of all of the gods in human history.

You dismiss all but one mystical god. But we agree on the other 95%

Welcome brother!!
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

This has always been true throughout human history.

Today is no different.

History tells us that all of man's gods are imaginary -- except yours.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

From my perspective, the study of the history of words is fascinating.

From his own lust of bliss in an afterlife, Hal has his own perspective on the meaning of the word rapture. I guess he can't be blamed for wanting the best for his self.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Rapture used to mean pickpocket.

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

The word “rapture” comes from the Latin word rapios which means, literally, to be “caught up” or “snatched away.” Rapios is translated into Latin from the Greek word harpazo which means “to seize, or to carry off by force.” The word was generally used to describe a pickpocket. Clearly, in context, the idea of a Rapture is one of being suddenly, instantly transfigured and carried away.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

296 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessarily so 722,380
Asian Luxury Massage in Dubai Body To Body Full... 6 min WendyMassage 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min ChristineM 224,705
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Commander Bunny 257,053
Free live show 29 min msfingerlookingoods 1
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 30 min Commander Bunny 5
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr SSK 448
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr USA-1 115,660
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Megamegan 87