Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,982
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435772 Apr 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Question for the forum or those that profess Christ here. Why did Christ weep when Lazarus died? I asked some Christians that question one and some of the answers some of them gave was absolutely dumbfounding. Then I had to ask God if I was ever that Biblically Illiterate concerning His word. So Christians, why did Christ weep when Lazarus died.
Christ is fully human and fully divine. Although Christ knew He would raise Laearus, He still felt Mary and Martha's pain ansd grief. As He feels ours though life, though He knows we will be with Him in the afterlife.God When we suffer, Christ suffers with us-feels our suffering.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435773 Apr 27, 2013
2005 article on prayer -- what did it show?

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/health_scien...

Sadly, you have to purchase the article, but I'll bet you know what the study found.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435774 Apr 27, 2013
Free article on 2006 study on benefits of prayer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/11/opinion/11l...

You are killing yourselves.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435775 Apr 27, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Many think that it is a borrowing from Etruscan. In fact, the hill may have originally been the site of an Etruscan settlement called Vaticum. This can easily be explained when we consider that the region of the modern Vatican, on the right bank of the Tiber, originally belonged to Etruria, or rather, apparently, to the southernmost of the Etruscan cities, the powerful Veii with which Rome had to struggle so much during its first period of expansion. The Romans, in fact, named the area across the Tiber Ripa Etrusca (Etruscan bank).
When the city fell under the power of the Romans in 396 BC in the Battle of Veii, Vatican became part of the city of Rome, although it always remained outside the walls: the so-called Servian Wall of the 4th century B.C. and, much later, the walls built by the emperors Aurelianus and Probus between 270 and 278 AD to defend the city against the fearful invasions of the barbarians. When Augustus divided the city into fourteen regions in 7 BC, the Vatican became part of the fourteenth, which included the territory "beyond the Tiber" (Transtiberim, the modern Trastevere).
Some, meanwhile, connect it with the Latin word vatis or vates, an archaic word originally meaning "prophet", "seer" or "oracle" (also by extension, "poet"): for example, a few claim that it came from the phrase vates canunt (the seers proclaim).
Pliny's reference to Vatican Hill is from Naturalis Historia 8.14.37
http://www.saintpetersbasilica.org/Necropolis... Margherita Guarducci
No scholar however any weight would give any credence at all to the rubbish socci posts.
The word vatican will mean to you whatever you desire that it should mean.

Being selfish in nature we reflect back to us what best fits our own selfish aims, and that is why all the blood was and is shed over the subject of religion. People all defend their own individual dogmas in their cults as being of the highest of value in existence.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435776 Apr 27, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>God When we suffer, Christ suffers with us-feels our suffering.
The word Christ belongs to the Jews. You own the word Jesus ONLY.

And I suggest that if your imaginary Jesus wants suffering to end, he should prompt his non-existent father and suggest that they call it a day. And if the invisible Catholic daddy agrees, then the suffering of all forms of life would end immediately.

Silly dogmas fit for silly people!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#435777 Apr 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And you are thoroughly confused if you think Israel was cast away and the Gentiles favored over Israel. You need to read the following chapter IN ITS ENTIRETY though I think it will only confuse you even more than you already demonstrated that you are. Read this chapter VERY CAREFULLY.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/romans/11...
Socci may not explaining his view very well on the matter. The 70 weeks determined on Daniels people concernig the Old Covenat and Christ ecoming the mediator f the New Covenant did end with Christ's rucifixion and the stoning of Stevens Death. You have done well in pointing out they are still Gods Chosen people and true branch, those Jews however have tobe grafted back in the same way the gentile is now by grace and repentance which does point to spiritual Israel. Not so sure that the gentiles/samatiains and all of Europe are not of the ten lost tribes of Israel. Jew are those that stayed under King David, some Levites, Benjamin, and Judea in which is the blood line Christ descended from.

You are very learned n your studies and thourogh keep up the good work.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#435778 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word vatican will mean to you whatever you desire that it should mean.
Being selfish in nature we reflect back to us what best fits our own selfish aims, and that is why all the blood was and is shed over the subject of religion. People all defend their own individual dogmas in their cults as being of the highest of value in existence.
No Catholic is claiming any special meaning for a city named centuries before Christ arrived. I am merely responding to the radical claim that somehow the Church picked that name and it holds significants to the church. It doesnt.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435779 Apr 27, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You get angry because you know it's imaginary.
They don't appreciate when others state something that makes them question what they were taught.

It's frightening for them.

That's why I suggest that if they want to value only the dogmas in their own cults ... a forum is not the place for them to be, as whether or not they believe it ... all the information and points of view from others WILL make them think and question their own dogmas.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435780 Apr 27, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<You are very learned n your studies and thourogh keep up the good work.
Translated that means that you simply agree with what the person posted.

History is not carved out in a solid rock. When we read history, it is simply countless points of view from story-tellers who no-doubt had their own preferences of what THEY chose to believe as truth.

We then go and pick out our own favorite beliefs from the ones in history who had the same slant on issues as we have.

It's about enhancing the view that comes back to us from our own mirrors, and we want those reflections to be grand and glorious.

It's the game put forth by human ego.

Non-human animals don't suffer such exaggerated gluttonous blight of ego.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435781 Apr 27, 2013
My guess is, non-human animals don't care which pack won a battle back in history. They are more concerned with putting food in the stomachs of their young, as survival of the fittest is the center of their universes.

They kill to eat, but they do NOT kill to defend dogmas in religions.

Yet humans often belittle the other animals for not being as wise as humans.

We have much to learn ... but it's not likely that for most of us the will is there TO learn these important issues from the other animals.

Location hidden

#435782 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Christ belongs to the Jews. You own the word Jesus ONLY.
And I suggest that if your imaginary Jesus wants suffering to end, he should prompt his non-existent father and suggest that they call it a day. And if the invisible Catholic daddy agrees, then the suffering of all forms of life would end immediately.
Silly dogmas fit for silly people!
Since you dismiss theology and philosophy, you are left with shallow,reflexive,insufficient answers. Yet not lacking arrogance.
There is no way these questions you raise can be answered without a thoughtful examination.This means philosophy and theology not some sort of book on that "Kooky Vatican". I wish you well but cannot give you the answers that are there.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435783 Apr 27, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No Catholic is claiming any special meaning for a city named centuries before Christ arrived. I am merely responding to the radical claim that somehow the Church picked that name and it holds significants to the church. It doesnt.
I didn't notice that anyone did claim the hierarchy had originated the word. I got the impression that the other posters were implying that the hierarchy simply morphed the word vatican to mean a place where the popes and their entourages reside.

I agree with their opinions.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435784 Apr 27, 2013
Yes suffering Jesus know that ..others know suffering can fill some ones you establish that prayers in many religion is some..now i fill good i have nice hot then cold shower..

about eye
no
you don't need know its private things
but
there on window is Jesus with heart with nun
yep

expression
Jesus never call love me
we have deference language
we live in deference time
maybe many times
to say others love me
is not as you say
you can describe that word differently
understand as many thing
'guard heart there is a life'
proverb 4;23
http://bible.cc/proverbs/4-23.htm

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435785 Apr 27, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you dismiss theology and philosophy, you are left with shallow,reflexive,insufficient answers. Yet not lacking arrogance.
There is no way these questions you raise can be answered without a thoughtful examination.This means philosophy and theology not some sort of book on that "Kooky Vatican". I wish you well but cannot give you the answers that are there.
Of course I'm not lacking in arrogance. If I was I wouldn't BE a human.

I can't give answers, because I don't have answers. I have opinions, as do you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435786 Apr 27, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you dismiss theology and philosophy,
I don't dismiss philosophy, as it is a guessing game.

And I don't dismiss theology if it is contained in its meaning concerning the "study" of religion.

But for theologians to claim they can read the future and know what it entails ... that is NOT study of religion ... it is preaching lies in the guise of truth, and I am very much opposed to such blatant flaunting of nonsense.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435787 Apr 27, 2013
Whether the new pope resides in a guest house as a statement that he is a simple man with simple needs, I suggest you don't believe this silly gesture.

His staff knows where he lives, and they are at his beck and call day and night.

Most of us don't have servants, or guards ... and that is the truth of the matter.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435788 Apr 27, 2013
According to the following story, this pope resigned his position and DID go back to his simple previous existence.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Sex Lives of the Popes … by Nigel Cawthorne … first published in Great Britain in 1996.‘An irreverent expose’—The Sunday Times.

The conclave following the death of Pope Nicolas IV (1288—92) made a terrible mistake. After over two years of stalemate, they elected a genuinely good man – a hermit called Peter of Morone, who lived in a cave a thousand feet up in the Apennines near Abruzzi. He was crowned Celestine V (1294, but he could not stand the licentious ways of Rome and moved to Naples.

The cardinals soon began to realize their mistake when Celestine began giving away the wealth of the church – to the poor, of all people! He had no flair for corruption or simony at all. And the princes of the Church worried that they would soon be bankrupt. Cardinal Benedict Gaetani, the papal notory, saw his chance. To gain Celestine’s confidence, he built the old hermit a humble wooden shack inside the huge rooms of the Castello Nuovo, the five towered castle that over-looks the Bay of Naples. There, Caetani prevailed upon Celestine to abdicate.

Just fifteen weeks after consecration, Celestine called his cardinals together, begged them to banish their mistresses to nunneries and to live in poverty like Jesus. Then, as an example to them all, Celestine put aside his papal gown, resumed his hermit’s rags, resigned and rode off, like Jesus, on a donkey.

Having engineered this coup, Gaetani had himself elected pope by the grateful cardinals and was crowned Boniface VIII (1294—1303).
truth

Perth, Australia

#435789 Apr 27, 2013

Location hidden

#435790 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dismiss philosophy, as it is a guessing game.
And I don't dismiss theology if it is contained in its meaning concerning the "study" of religion.
But for theologians to claim they can read the future and know what it entails ... that is NOT study of religion ... it is preaching lies in the guise of truth, and I am very much opposed to such blatant flaunting of nonsense.
June Darling We were talking about the questioning of suffering in the world.Keep posting.You are one of a kind.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#435791 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice that anyone did claim the hierarchy had originated the word. I got the impression that the other posters were implying that the hierarchy simply morphed the word vatican to mean a place where the popes and their entourages reside.
I agree with their opinions.
No what was being implied by the Seventh Dayers is that it means Divine Serpent and it holds significants because the Vatican is the Beast in the bible. The Vatican merely took the name that was already there. Its not hard to see the bible light sight which has already been so thoroughly discredited. I realize everything is fiction for you, but the name of the city has nothing to do with the theology or teachings of the Church. Its a location. Jeruslem fits the bill on everything the claims are made against the Vatican as the beast. One can go round and round making all kinds of arguments against claims made and it has been done. I have no interest in doing so and it takes pages to refute each claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min truth 764,983
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min MUQ2 263,550
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 24 min arabian 5,428
Private Placement Program for Indian Investors ... (Nov '12) 43 min padmanabhan iyengar 12
Get a $150 gift card 52 min islamvendetta0 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ2 37,654
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 1 hr Johnny 924
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr mike 603,646
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 12 hr zafar 1,183

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE