Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#436023 Apr 28, 2013
The following must have made even the confused god even more confused about who was ruling his roost.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

Who was the only man to become pope three times?

Pope Benedict IX (1032—1044), who first became pope at the age of 14, was the only man to be pope three times. The first time he abdicated was to marry. After returning as pope for a second period in office, he abdicated for a second time when he sold his papal seat to his godfather. Then he became pope again. All this took place before Benedict reached the age of 30.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436024 Apr 28, 2013
"Note that this doesn't mean a given prelate can't have what we call liberal or conservative instincts, and I have my reservations about Pope Francis, with his being a South American Jesuit. But the point is that when the media anxiously wait for a "liberal" pope that will deliver the Church to evil, they don't realize that while such a man could exercise liberal tendencies, he could only do so outside the context of definitive teaching on faith and dogma. THERE IS NO "AMENDMENT PROCESS" FOR THE COMMANDMENTS AND THEIR COROLLARIES."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/is_pop...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436025 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
"Note that this doesn't mean a given prelate can't have what we call liberal or conservative instincts, and I have my reservations about Pope Francis, with his being a South American Jesuit. But the point is that when the media anxiously wait for a "liberal" pope that will deliver the Church to evil, they don't realize that while such a man could exercise liberal tendencies, he could only do so outside the context of definitive teaching on faith and dogma. THERE IS NO "AMENDMENT PROCESS" FOR THE COMMANDMENTS AND THEIR COROLLARIES."
Hasn't your imaginary god got better things to do than listen to the ramblings of bumbling old men ... such as putting some food in the mouths of starving babies?

Preston

Athens, OH

#436026 Apr 28, 2013
just got back from church and Holly Miller was the guest singer, holly is 15 years old and was on American Idol and made the semi finals.

so great to see a young teenager who has given her life to our Savior and sings Praises to her Lord Jesus.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436027 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't your imaginary god got better things to do than listen to the ramblings of bumbling old men ... such as putting some food in the mouths of starving babies?
We've all asked ourselves those questions, June (or we should have). You aren't breaking new ground here.

Why don't you say a prayer for the person you're mourning for. It will help you both.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436028 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
We've all asked ourselves those questions, June (or we should have). You aren't breaking new ground here.
Why don't you say a prayer for the person you're mourning for. It will help you both.
I suggest you ask a person in severe pain if prayer helped.

Ask a child that is being abused by her father, as happened to my friend who prayed and prayed and received no help whatsoever.

You need to wake up and stop smelling roses and instead put your fingers on the thorns.

Then you will stop preaching about prayer and start yelping to another human that you hope WILL help you in your time of need.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436029 Apr 28, 2013
Preston wrote:
just got back from church and Holly Miller was the guest singer, holly is 15 years old and was on American Idol and made the semi finals.
so great to see a young teenager who has given her life to our Savior and sings Praises to her Lord Jesus.
I suggest she go to the streets of Calcutta and allow her self the privilege of seeing "god's" handi-work and before long she might be praying as did Mother Teresa to die and go to "god."

You people are dreamers, and your dreams are plain silly.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436030 Apr 28, 2013
My guess is, that most people who were burned to death at the stake ended up begging for mercy from humans and the invisible god ... yet their devotion did nothing to move the men of religion, or the supposed god to give them help in their time of need.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436031 Apr 28, 2013
How callous, how insensitive to human suffering are those who can stand and watch people in horrific pain ... and do NOTHING.

Mother Teresa was one such insensitive woman. She watched babies starve to death and bragged of using money to build more convents to in turn train nuns for the cult of Catholicism.

It should be unbelievable, but it occurred, and all in the name of LOVE.

And the people keep flocking to and praising members of the over-indulged hierarchy for what they teach.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#436032 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ego thrives on lies. The bigger the lies ... the bigger the ego.
Yes June!! An you are the "trumpet section" on this forum for both lies and ego!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436033 Apr 28, 2013
These people were ALL Christians who came to "celebrate" the hanging of a young lad who was accused of nothing more than picking pockets.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The following if from the book titled “ONE CANADA … memoirs of the right honorable John G. Diefenbaker.”

Great-grandfather told my mother a story of life in the early 1830s which I have always found instructive. The greatest celebration of all in Upper Canada,(my note- now in the province of Ontario) one that brought all the people together within a reasonable distance, was a public execution. He himself had been present at one. The pioneers arrived a day ahead for the festivities. With whiskey selling at less than a dollar a gallon, liquor became a source not only of exhilaration but of inspiration for the assembled, enabling them the more to enjoy the spectacle. The condemned man was a teenager whose offence had been pickpocketing. The death penalty was then imposed for some fifty or sixty offences. The law was less harsh than it had been: no longer were prisoners drawn and quartered. But the theory was that punishment must be imposed so that the criminal would understand the gravity of the sin he had committed. Also, deterrence was then the argument and still is among those who advocate capital punishment. On this occasion, the young man made a speech in the traditional style of condemned criminals in Upper Canada: he admitted his guilt and asked forgiveness. He was not restricted to a fixed length of time, since time really meant nothing. While he was making his testimony of guilt, four of the assembled pioneers found that their pockets had been picked.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436034 Apr 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes June!! An you are the "trumpet section" on this forum for both lies and ego!!
I do thrive on ego, but I don't pretend my motivation comes from holiness.

Right-wing religion (and there is no other type of religion) is not for me.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436035 Apr 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you ask a person in severe pain if prayer helped.
Ask a child that is being abused by her father, as happened to my friend who prayed and prayed and received no help whatsoever.
You need to wake up and stop smelling roses and instead put your fingers on the thorns.
Then you will stop preaching about prayer and start yelping to another human that you hope WILL help you in your time of need.
What makes you think I haven't suffered greatly, or am not doing so now? As it happens there are people on this board who were abused as children by their father, as well as those with serious physical illness, and some with emotional suffering. Some with all of the above.

You presume much, June. I feel sorry for you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436036 Apr 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU lie when you accuse a Muslim of not knowing the righteous path to salvation?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436037 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I haven't suffered greatly, or am not doing so now? As it happens there are people on this board who were abused as children by their father, as well as those with serious physical illness, and some with emotional suffering. Some with all of the above.
You presume much, June. I feel sorry for you.
If your prayer was answered, the god would have taken your pain away, and you wouldn't have had any more pain.

You can't play the theology every which way but "right."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436038 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you.
If I joined your cult would you still feel pity for me for not being on the righteous path?
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#436039 Apr 28, 2013
Glad you're enjoying the article! Here's more:

"So while many in the media are trying to agitate against the Church, their relativistic understanding would preclude their covering her properly even if they wanted to. They're used to a world of provisional beliefs, such as liberalism and conservatism, which lack defined doctrine or even an institution that could credibly render such and thus are defined only by their adherents. This is much as how we learned the ways of ducks not by consulting a Duck bible or catechism, but by observing their behavior.

But the Church doesn't quack like a duck. She has a magisterium (teaching office) that has set certain doctrines in stone, and a Catholic's relationship with respect to them is neither conservative nor liberal. The relevant terms are orthodox and heterodox or, to use a less fashionable word, heretical."

Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#436040 Apr 28, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
God is God, not Adam and Eve, nor the snake. That shouldn't be hard to understand.
God gave humans free will, the choice to love Him or not, that's why he allowed them to be tempted. Otherwise Adam and Eve would have been mere robots, incapable of having a truly loving relationship with their Creator. Have you ever considered that? What would you prefer? To have a choice or not?
Maybe. God cast a third of the angels out of Heaven because they rebelled when Satan made his challenge.
Angels had a choice but God will destroy those who don't follow His commands.
Would you sentence your baby child to a life of hardship simply because he tested the limits?
Your child would love you but you would be condemning that child to death for an infringement.
Bears some thought.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436041 Apr 28, 2013
AHHHHH ... it takes me back to the good old days on the forum when Franck, the Catholic bully would come home from church loaded with scriptures, insisting that those of us who were not Catholic were in need of more than a tune-up ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Post # 64609 on the thread "Catholics waging war against women and gays"

Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! We proclaim YOU should be burned at the stake you baby killing heretic! Somebody grab some matches! I want to light the fire myself!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#436042 Apr 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
But the Church doesn't quack like a duck. She has a magisterium (teaching office) that has set certain doctrines in stone,
I agree that killing those they labeled as heretics and witches WAS set in stone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 983,187
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min bad bob 16,861
slaves and slave masters within philadelphia's ... 33 min Laura 5
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 53 min Doctor REALITY 27
i want to know asian or latino shemales in seat... (May '09) 1 hr Jeffrey 10
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr common sense 27
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,417
More from around the web