Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599312 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435767 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever karl marx.
You get angry because you know it's imaginary.

As for Carl Marx... two questions:

1... What does your god say to do if you have two coats?

2... What good things does your god have to say about rich people?

Glad you pointed that out :o)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#435768 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of pagan history in Rome but im not sure about this claim you saw on tv. Vatican is known to mean "divining serpent".
Vati - divining
can - serpent
This is also why the papal crest is a winged serpent.
Origin of the word "Vatican"

15/07/09 16:07 Filed in: Social | Perception

In the introduction to the book "The Sistine Secrets," it explains that the word "vatika" comes from the pre-Roman Etruscan word for 1) a hallucinogenic plant, 2) a bitter grape that made bad Etruscan wine and 3) the Etruscan goddess who guarded the necropolis on vatican hill. The word vatika subsequently became latin for "prophecy" (referring to female oracles called "Vaticinia") that were connected to these three things. The area which is now St. Peters thus became known as the "Ager Vaticanus" or Vatican Hill. Today, the Italian verb "to prophesize" is "vaticanare", deriving from the Latin. Further, the word "vat" refers to a large tub or cask for storing or holding liquids (such as wine). We might wonder if the grail that held the wine at the Last Supper was holy because it was filled with hallucinogenic vatika wine.

The deeper origin of the word vatika relates to the "tika" or "tikal" dot or jewelry Hindu women (only) place on their forehead to indicate the third eye. The word "tika" then corresponds to the pineal gland (that looks like a pine cone) which is actually an embedded eye with retina in the center of the brain. In more primitive animals the pineal gland has a cornea and locates closer to the top of the skull (corresponding to the Hindu crown chakra) and is thought to help regulate biological activities. In addition to melatonin, the pineal gland is thought to produce a molecule known as DMT (DiMethylTryptamine) which is the most powerful hallucinogen known to exist and appears to be related to dreaming and near-death experiences (see Rick Strassman's book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule"). So, vatika as an entheogenic plant [magic mushrooms or possibly acacia fruit - see below] would then be concerned with the third eye and psychedelic experiences. The swastika symbol found in the Hindu Vedas, Greece and around the world could then refer to the swirling tika, or the vortex ("spirit") said to emanate into or out of the crown chakra in Hindu beliefs. Gives a whole new spin to the term "Holy See" for the Vatican, does it not?

Now it happens that Hindu monasteries are also called vatika. This raises the question could the pre-Roman Etruscans have based their religion on Hinduism and learned how to stimulate the third eye through entheogenic plants? Given that the Vatican was once a vatika for Vaticinia women (probably from India) who drank from a vat of vatika wine to hallucinate through their swas-tika, most religions may well have been derived from ancient Indian shamanism that incorporated entheogenic herbs. The book "Persephone's Quest" seems to support this idea.
http://www.interferencetheory.com/Blog/files/...

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia online:

"The territory on the right bank of the Tiber between Monte Mario and Gianicolo (Janiculum) was known to antiquity as the Ager Vaticanus, and, owing to its marshy character, the low-lying portion of this district enjoyed an ill repute. The origin of the name Vaticanus is uncertain; some claim that the name comes from a vanished Etruscan town called Vaticum." [Ager in Latin means land]

read more please on what vatican means

http://biblelight.net/vatican.htm
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435769 Apr 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
All but one - Jesus Christ!
Add your 'caveman' to the list of textbook fiction.
What do you have against cavemen?

Relax, we agree on about 95% of all of the gods in human history.

You dismiss all but one mystical god. But we agree on the other 95%

Welcome brother!!
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435770 Apr 27, 2013
This has always been true throughout human history.

Today is no different.

History tells us that all of man's gods are imaginary -- except yours.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435771 Apr 27, 2013
From my perspective, the study of the history of words is fascinating.

From his own lust of bliss in an afterlife, Hal has his own perspective on the meaning of the word rapture. I guess he can't be blamed for wanting the best for his self.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Rapture used to mean pickpocket.

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

The word “rapture” comes from the Latin word rapios which means, literally, to be “caught up” or “snatched away.” Rapios is translated into Latin from the Greek word harpazo which means “to seize, or to carry off by force.” The word was generally used to describe a pickpocket. Clearly, in context, the idea of a Rapture is one of being suddenly, instantly transfigured and carried away.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435772 Apr 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Question for the forum or those that profess Christ here. Why did Christ weep when Lazarus died? I asked some Christians that question one and some of the answers some of them gave was absolutely dumbfounding. Then I had to ask God if I was ever that Biblically Illiterate concerning His word. So Christians, why did Christ weep when Lazarus died.
Christ is fully human and fully divine. Although Christ knew He would raise Laearus, He still felt Mary and Martha's pain ansd grief. As He feels ours though life, though He knows we will be with Him in the afterlife.God When we suffer, Christ suffers with us-feels our suffering.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435773 Apr 27, 2013
2005 article on prayer -- what did it show?

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/health_scien...

Sadly, you have to purchase the article, but I'll bet you know what the study found.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435774 Apr 27, 2013
Free article on 2006 study on benefits of prayer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/11/opinion/11l...

You are killing yourselves.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435775 Apr 27, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Many think that it is a borrowing from Etruscan. In fact, the hill may have originally been the site of an Etruscan settlement called Vaticum. This can easily be explained when we consider that the region of the modern Vatican, on the right bank of the Tiber, originally belonged to Etruria, or rather, apparently, to the southernmost of the Etruscan cities, the powerful Veii with which Rome had to struggle so much during its first period of expansion. The Romans, in fact, named the area across the Tiber Ripa Etrusca (Etruscan bank).
When the city fell under the power of the Romans in 396 BC in the Battle of Veii, Vatican became part of the city of Rome, although it always remained outside the walls: the so-called Servian Wall of the 4th century B.C. and, much later, the walls built by the emperors Aurelianus and Probus between 270 and 278 AD to defend the city against the fearful invasions of the barbarians. When Augustus divided the city into fourteen regions in 7 BC, the Vatican became part of the fourteenth, which included the territory "beyond the Tiber" (Transtiberim, the modern Trastevere).
Some, meanwhile, connect it with the Latin word vatis or vates, an archaic word originally meaning "prophet", "seer" or "oracle" (also by extension, "poet"): for example, a few claim that it came from the phrase vates canunt (the seers proclaim).
Pliny's reference to Vatican Hill is from Naturalis Historia 8.14.37
http://www.saintpetersbasilica.org/Necropolis... Margherita Guarducci
No scholar however any weight would give any credence at all to the rubbish socci posts.
The word vatican will mean to you whatever you desire that it should mean.

Being selfish in nature we reflect back to us what best fits our own selfish aims, and that is why all the blood was and is shed over the subject of religion. People all defend their own individual dogmas in their cults as being of the highest of value in existence.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435776 Apr 27, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>God When we suffer, Christ suffers with us-feels our suffering.
The word Christ belongs to the Jews. You own the word Jesus ONLY.

And I suggest that if your imaginary Jesus wants suffering to end, he should prompt his non-existent father and suggest that they call it a day. And if the invisible Catholic daddy agrees, then the suffering of all forms of life would end immediately.

Silly dogmas fit for silly people!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#435777 Apr 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And you are thoroughly confused if you think Israel was cast away and the Gentiles favored over Israel. You need to read the following chapter IN ITS ENTIRETY though I think it will only confuse you even more than you already demonstrated that you are. Read this chapter VERY CAREFULLY.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/romans/11...
Socci may not explaining his view very well on the matter. The 70 weeks determined on Daniels people concernig the Old Covenat and Christ ecoming the mediator f the New Covenant did end with Christ's rucifixion and the stoning of Stevens Death. You have done well in pointing out they are still Gods Chosen people and true branch, those Jews however have tobe grafted back in the same way the gentile is now by grace and repentance which does point to spiritual Israel. Not so sure that the gentiles/samatiains and all of Europe are not of the ten lost tribes of Israel. Jew are those that stayed under King David, some Levites, Benjamin, and Judea in which is the blood line Christ descended from.

You are very learned n your studies and thourogh keep up the good work.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#435778 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word vatican will mean to you whatever you desire that it should mean.
Being selfish in nature we reflect back to us what best fits our own selfish aims, and that is why all the blood was and is shed over the subject of religion. People all defend their own individual dogmas in their cults as being of the highest of value in existence.
No Catholic is claiming any special meaning for a city named centuries before Christ arrived. I am merely responding to the radical claim that somehow the Church picked that name and it holds significants to the church. It doesnt.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435779 Apr 27, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You get angry because you know it's imaginary.
They don't appreciate when others state something that makes them question what they were taught.

It's frightening for them.

That's why I suggest that if they want to value only the dogmas in their own cults ... a forum is not the place for them to be, as whether or not they believe it ... all the information and points of view from others WILL make them think and question their own dogmas.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435780 Apr 27, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<You are very learned n your studies and thourogh keep up the good work.
Translated that means that you simply agree with what the person posted.

History is not carved out in a solid rock. When we read history, it is simply countless points of view from story-tellers who no-doubt had their own preferences of what THEY chose to believe as truth.

We then go and pick out our own favorite beliefs from the ones in history who had the same slant on issues as we have.

It's about enhancing the view that comes back to us from our own mirrors, and we want those reflections to be grand and glorious.

It's the game put forth by human ego.

Non-human animals don't suffer such exaggerated gluttonous blight of ego.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435781 Apr 27, 2013
My guess is, non-human animals don't care which pack won a battle back in history. They are more concerned with putting food in the stomachs of their young, as survival of the fittest is the center of their universes.

They kill to eat, but they do NOT kill to defend dogmas in religions.

Yet humans often belittle the other animals for not being as wise as humans.

We have much to learn ... but it's not likely that for most of us the will is there TO learn these important issues from the other animals.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435782 Apr 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Christ belongs to the Jews. You own the word Jesus ONLY.
And I suggest that if your imaginary Jesus wants suffering to end, he should prompt his non-existent father and suggest that they call it a day. And if the invisible Catholic daddy agrees, then the suffering of all forms of life would end immediately.
Silly dogmas fit for silly people!
Since you dismiss theology and philosophy, you are left with shallow,reflexive,insufficient answers. Yet not lacking arrogance.
There is no way these questions you raise can be answered without a thoughtful examination.This means philosophy and theology not some sort of book on that "Kooky Vatican". I wish you well but cannot give you the answers that are there.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435783 Apr 27, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No Catholic is claiming any special meaning for a city named centuries before Christ arrived. I am merely responding to the radical claim that somehow the Church picked that name and it holds significants to the church. It doesnt.
I didn't notice that anyone did claim the hierarchy had originated the word. I got the impression that the other posters were implying that the hierarchy simply morphed the word vatican to mean a place where the popes and their entourages reside.

I agree with their opinions.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435784 Apr 27, 2013
Yes suffering Jesus know that ..others know suffering can fill some ones you establish that prayers in many religion is some..now i fill good i have nice hot then cold shower..

about eye
no
you don't need know its private things
but
there on window is Jesus with heart with nun
yep

expression
Jesus never call love me
we have deference language
we live in deference time
maybe many times
to say others love me
is not as you say
you can describe that word differently
understand as many thing
'guard heart there is a life'
proverb 4;23
http://bible.cc/proverbs/4-23.htm

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435785 Apr 27, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you dismiss theology and philosophy, you are left with shallow,reflexive,insufficient answers. Yet not lacking arrogance.
There is no way these questions you raise can be answered without a thoughtful examination.This means philosophy and theology not some sort of book on that "Kooky Vatican". I wish you well but cannot give you the answers that are there.
Of course I'm not lacking in arrogance. If I was I wouldn't BE a human.

I can't give answers, because I don't have answers. I have opinions, as do you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#435786 Apr 27, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you dismiss theology and philosophy,
I don't dismiss philosophy, as it is a guessing game.

And I don't dismiss theology if it is contained in its meaning concerning the "study" of religion.

But for theologians to claim they can read the future and know what it entails ... that is NOT study of religion ... it is preaching lies in the guise of truth, and I am very much opposed to such blatant flaunting of nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 9 min MUQ2 833
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min MUQ2 40,846
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 20 min Truth 6,338
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Epiphany2 612,890
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min lightbeamrider 863,686
9/11&bin 57 min REV CAROL 1
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Critical Eye 1,903
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 272,398
More from around the web