Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,221
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
margeer

Ames, IA

#435393 Apr 25, 2013
why does margeer have to join the community? who's that messin with me? Identify yourself.
marge

Ames, IA

#435394 Apr 25, 2013
well maybe i did mess my name but i did not write join the community under it.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435395 Apr 25, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree June.
In the Bible, the very reason Jesus appeared is because they did not believe. Jesus knew that people needed to see it to believe it.
So he appeared often.
Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
Corinthians 15:3-6
Jesus appeared to Paul. So why not to you or me or other skeptics?
No one will pray with me for Jesus to appear to every poster here. Everyone knows that request is silly.
Why?
Because deep inside, they know that their sky daddy is imaginary, just like every other sky daddy in human history.
I meant that Jesus didn't appear "except" in imaginations.

Kids picture Santa Claus in their minds because they were shown pictures of Santa Claus.

Artists were commissioned to paint pictures of the Jesus-character of myth. My guess is, had the artists painted a picture of one such as the elephant-man (Joseph Merrick) people would not have worshipped THAT image of a savior ... not a chance.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435396 Apr 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad,you didn't put the biblical quote,verse chapter and so on for what Jesus supposedly said about the unclean woman in cyclical periods.
I would wanted to have read that for myself.You should look it up if possible,thank you!
Why aren't you looking it up and posting it if it's of such interest to you?

New Hazelton, Canada

#435397 Apr 25, 2013
Note the last words in this hymn ... "Hail the 'sun' of righteousness."

Sun worship came from Paganism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Charles Wesley wrote this hymn.

Christ, by highest Heav’n adored;
Christ the everlasting Lord;
Late in time, behold Him come,
Offspring of a virgin’s womb.
Veiled in flesh the Godhead see;
Hail th’incarnate Deity,
Pleased with us in flesh to dwell,
Jesus our Emmanuel.
Hail the heav’nly Prince of Peace!
Hail the Sun of Righteousness!

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Hark_ ...

New Hazelton, Canada

#435398 Apr 25, 2013
Christ … the “sun” of righteousness.

The Progress of the Intellect: As Exemplified in the Religious Development of the Greeks and Hebrew, Volumes 1-2, by Robert William Mackay.

It was probably from ancient association and custom that Jewish and early Christian writers were led to look on the worship of the sun and the elements with comparative indulgence.

Christianity itself had adopted emblems and observances which caused it to be regarded by many as a mere form of sun worship. Christ was the “sun of righteousness” prophesied by Malachi, the “light of the world, the “day spring from on high.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#435399 Apr 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good grief.....you're not referring to those blasphemous mystic writings of tommy-boy & jumpin-judas again are you?:(
Yes - additional teachings by Jesus you don't follow, use, utilize, believe, etc.

BTW - where did you get that they are blasphemous? Do you have a statement by "God" specifically stating such an unfounded claim?

Why don't you believe Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#435400 Apr 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good grief.....you're not referring to those blasphemous mystic writings of tommy-boy & jumpin-judas again are you?:(
BTW - saying things against texts are not blasphemous according to Jesus:

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#435401 Apr 25, 2013
One more thing Dan, the Holy Spirit is not leaving you to grope around in the dark. That little voice in the back of your head telling you the Catholic Church may be right isn't just your imagination, He may have led you to this forum for a reason.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435402 Apr 25, 2013
It's not by accident that someone committing crimes has the title of being a "shady" character.

Light always meant right, enlightened, holy, saved, etc.

Dark (black) equated to wrong, sinister, evil, lost, etc.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435403 Apr 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - additional teachings by Jesus you don't follow, use, utilize, believe, etc.
BTW - where did you get that they are blasphemous? Do you have a statement by "God" specifically stating such an unfounded claim?
If Jesus lived, he was a very shady character. He was so meek he put up with his father's evil nature such as sending humans to hell for not believing in him ... and for wanting us to stone each other to death, etc.

Had he lived, Jesus would have been nothing to rave about.
Human Being

Elton, LA

#435404 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What greater truth can there be than to be humble in the idea of not knowing supposed greater truths?
June:

Love. And to love Love.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435406 Apr 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Love. And to love Love.
Do you believe your imaginary god loves Muslims if they don't first convert to Christianity?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#435407 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
you've heard of the Council of Nicaea, i presume?

well the council of waaasssuuup met on 4/25/2013 to discuss these writings and they were unanimously rejected!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#435408 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
(44) Jesus says:
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF JESUS BEING MY BOSS!!!

i luv saying this to my adversaries.....:)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435409 Apr 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone with common sense really believe this story that EXACTLY everyone on earth except Noahs family were bad and doomed?
....more scare tactics to keep the flocks together...and scared.
.......makes no common sense.
Good grief no. Why would we expect the impossible? Most of you that dispel the ideas of Christianity also believe that a Marxist makes a good President in a Capitalistic society. You see, whether is happened exactly the same is not important. The bible is written using different dialects, languages and are about places no longer standing. I would however believe that happened more so than a meteor hit, the earth cooled and made an amoeba and then Michael Jordan. Amoebas can't jump.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435410 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
(44) Jesus says:
Ecl. There is nothing new under the sun. There is nothing to be added to the bible or taken away.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435411 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly ... A person can't hate something in which the person doesn't believe.
It just doesn't exist.
Correction: A person "can" hate something in which "another person" believes "does" exist!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#435412 Apr 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets begin (1) with your own words: 1. Catholic tradition "trumping the bible" 2. Catholics worship idols 3. Catholics worship Mary 4. The Eucharist is not the true body and blood of Christ 5. Catholics don't preach, follow or proclaim Jesus Christ a Lord and Savior 6. Catholics aren't Christian 7. Catholics believe in "works only" 8. The Pope interprets the bible for Catholics 9. Catholics are told not to read or interpret the bible 10.Catholics don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ----"these 10 are just for starters Ox!!! Want more??? Just ask me, an ex-Protestant who came into "true Salvation", the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!---the bride of Christ!!!!
1. Catholic do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..

2. Catholics do worship idols...I know..been there..done that..CNN showed a video of that happening....in color and stereo!!!!

3. Catholics do worship Mary...the rosary is a prayer to her...they knell at her image (an idol)...speaking from experience..

4. The Eucharist is truly not the true body and blood of Christ..to believe that it is...you must accept the Bible teaching cannibalism!!!

5. Catholics really don't preach, follow or proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior...in forty years I never heard one do so!!!

6. Catholics aren't Christian..because they do not follow all teachings of Jesus...they follow traditions...the magnasterium (misspelled I am sure)...teachings from dead "saints"...etc etc

7. Catholics do believe in "works only"...I have heard Catholics defend this erroneous teaching..

8. The Pope does interpret the bible for Catholics...and you dare not question him!!!!

9. Catholics are told not to read or interpret the bible...I know because I was told not to read the Bible..

10.Catholics don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ----to do so requires to be born again "from above"...per Scripture..quote: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.{again: or, from above} I have yet to hear a Catholic claim that he is a born again Christian...

Where is the rest of your regurgitated swill you get from the vatacan???
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435413 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe your imaginary god loves Muslims if they don't first convert to Christianity?
It is "not" our imaginary God June!!
It is yours!!!!And yes---God does love Muslims just the way they are! Gods love is "ecumentical, all encompassing, universal, interreligious, interdenominational and disverse!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 744,418
Are Women Intentionally Stupid? 19 min barelyable2 23
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min WasteWater 4,610
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 28 min Kid_Tomorrow 4,250
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 30 min Paul is dead 2,902
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 35 min Kid_Tomorrow 1,119
Beko Servis TARABYA SERVISI (| 299 I5 34 |) Bek... 36 min halentfr 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Charlie Sheen 260,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 601,449
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Roberta G 174,213

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE