Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,067
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#435342 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Gosh ..That's the thanks I get for believing that humans are of no more value than swamp rats, and are not as wise either.
:)
So sorry you feel that way about yourself. What happened, June?
Just sayin

Antioch, TN

#435343 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Resorting to pity when others are having problems such as health problems is very different than suggesting that someone is lonely and that is why that person spends so much time on a forum.
You know that, and I know that, so let's not play games.
I spend hours each day on threads of these forums because I was once under the spell of religion and am now free of such mental debris.
For those who are still bogged down in religion, I share my story of leaving religion behind and how that load was lifted off of me.
If the ones in religion don't want to leave, they won't and that is their right ... but I will do all in my power to give them the concept that they need not fear being penalized if they do decide to leave and join those of us who feel whole and at peace without the blight of religion bugging our psyches day in and day out.
Uh, June, I couldn't help but notice that you are still bogged down in religion and the "blight" of it is bugging your psyche day in and day out.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435344 Apr 25, 2013
Since at least the second century Christian theologians have been scaring the whits out of believers with the "end of times" nonsense. Yet the same theologians preached that no one could know WHEN the time would come for the world to end.

Century after century devout believers prayed and prayed that they would be saved from "god's" wrath.

Little vulnerable children entertain nightmares about burning in the flames of hell. Child abuse again and again occurred and still occurs under the guise of freedom of religion.

Religion was the root of the trouble and nothing has changed.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435345 Apr 25, 2013
I believe that many who were born gay, because of religion, committed suicide.

A grandmother shared her heart-breaking story on television. She wanted others to learn from what she believed was her mistake.

She told of her “previous” strict religious indoctrination, that if people were gay they would burn in hell in the hereafter.

When her grandson, whom she adored, came to her and told her he was gay, she was full of fear. She dragged him from one minister to another, who told him that if he did not change his ways, he would not be in heaven.

The grandson begged his grandmother over and over to not try to change him. He tried to convince her that he could not change who he was, but she was so filled with fear for his "eternal soul," she paid him no heed.

He took his own life.

She was sobbing with emotion, and said, that if she had it to do over again … just as he was, she would have accepted him. She said she was SO sorry!

What a tough lesson for that poor woman.

In my opinion, religion that teaches such skewed doctrine belongs in the garbage can with the rest of the slime.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435346 Apr 25, 2013
Subject: WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY!!!!!!!!!

Well, worth a ponder!

A CENTURY WHEN MORE IS LESS. CONFUSED ! THEN READ ON.

WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!!!

*Our Phones ~ Wireless
*Cooking ~ Fireless
*Cars ~ Keyless
*Food ~ Fatless
*Tyres ~ Tubeless
*Dress ~Topless
*Youth ~ Jobless
*Leaders ~Shameless
*Relationships ~ Meaningless
*Attitude ~ Careless
*Wives ~ Fearless
*Babies ~Fatherless
*Feelings ~ Heartless

*Education ~ Valueless
*Children ~Mannerless
Everything is becoming LESS but still our hopes are

~End-less.
In fact I am ~Speech-less ..........

Selected
marge

Ames, IA

#435347 Apr 25, 2013
What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear!

New Hazelton, Canada

#435348 Apr 25, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry you feel that way about yourself. What happened, June?
If a creator created life, don't you think the creator would value all forms of life as being equal?

Why ... in your professional theo-logical opinion (sarcasm intended) do you believe non-human forms of life suffer?

Is your imaginary god a sadist?

I would rather depend on the idea that there is no reason to believe in the existence of a creator than to think that a creator would be so vile.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435349 Apr 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"so that we in this century can read what HIS desire for humankind is."
The problem is Dan, everyone reads it and comes to their own conclusions as to what His desires are. That is not what Jesus wanted. Yes, Sacred Scripture is God's Word. But God's Word needs an infallible interpreter. Thousands of sects interpreting by their own authority creates doctrinal anarchy and chaos.
I can understand your point here,but I disagree with the fact that there is anarchy and chaos as a result to the present Christian movement as a whole.Christians most of all need the Spirit to link them together,both in truth and in experience.We are not without our roots.Our roots as to who and what Christ is in our lives is what connects us,even if we are not in the same affiliation.

When a person exalts Christ no matter what his or her group,organization or church is,we can all relate to that as believers.The Spirit is the ONE who makes us O N E,not an organization or affiliation,that is obvious!

The Bible is not that difficult to follow,if a soul seeks to allow the Holy Spirit to guide and direct,TEACH,convict of sin and so on.All the great men and women of the past who saw the Risen Savior in Scripture usually have the same testimony of LOVE,and for the most part are willing to lay down their lives for HIM who has bought us with a great price.

We have to Anthony look to what Christ is doing not what men are doing in regards to HIS faith,His Word and so on.That changes the whole picture of our limitation in understanding and interpretation as well.The factions of disagreement and debate will always be with us,it is when we submit to the Spirit of the Living God to teach us what He desires from His Word,that unites us eventually,as there is no PRIVATE Interpretation.

How do we know that even our spiritual leaders are not moving according to their own agenda rather than HIS? That could be a problem with any given priest,minister,and so on.

But as we are taught to reverently handle the Word of God:reading,studying,using for proof of sound doctrine, ultimately the Spirit will produce the proper fruit within those who do such,for the glory of the whole Body in Christ,not some individual interpretation,but that which is brought about by the Spirit for the whole, assembly as it were.

This is possible,because God is "willing that none perish,but all come to eternal life."Also the Scripture tells us that many "perish for lack of knowledge." There is so much in the Word that is spiritually discerned and can only be revealed by the Great comforter,the Holy Spirit.Do you really think that the Holy Spirit is going to just throw all of what is Holy out there,for all of us to grapple to the ground to pick up pieces of it for our own benefit?

No we are dealing with the greatest gentleman that is beyond any respectful individual here on earth.The Holy Spirit being OMNIPRESENT was given to the whole Body of Christ to teach,inform,illumine,and most of all to reveal to us the PERSON of the Lord Jesus Christ who sits at the right hand of the Father in glory.

It is really disrespectful to the Holy Spirit to continue on the premise that your church alone has the true interpretation of the Scriptures,yet at the same time acquiese to the fact that our baptism makes us Christians,as if we need the approval of the RCC to condone our baptism.WHEN infact all that we have done sacramentally has been done through the confirmation of the Word of God,and given life by the Spirit of Truth.

The Word does not leave us in the dark,and without understanding as to what the Will of the Father is,so that alone with the Spirit's help leads us into ORDER,not mayhem and chaos.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435350 Apr 25, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, June, I couldn't help but notice that you are still bogged down in religion and the "blight" of it is bugging your psyche day in and day out.
Trying to free others from the blight of religion, is not being bogged down in trusting that religion gave me answers.

At the end of my religion journey, religion gave me nothing but dis-ease and disillusionment. That's why I left it behind.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435351 Apr 25, 2013
marge wrote:
What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear!
What what you like us to hear? That you believe Muslims can't be saved unless they join your cult ... that you are holy, and others are evil ... that you are saved and others will burn in hell?

You get the best part of the deal ... don't you? That's the truth about those in all cults. They stay because they want to perceive that they are wise for choosing their own "brand" of religion.

Silly stuff of ego!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435352 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to free others from the blight of religion, is not being bogged down in trusting that religion gave me answers.
At the end of my religion journey, religion gave me nothing but dis-ease and disillusionment. That's why I left it behind.
Hi Grams...thought I'd check to see if you ever posted me saying I was evil. Don't see it so now I guess we can add liar to alone and old eh Grams.

Thanks...Have a great day!!

New Hazelton, Canada

#435353 Apr 25, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Book

The written word has always been numinous, conveying a sense of awe especially to the illiterate, who admired alphabetical symbols even if they could not read them.“It is written” was another way of saying “It is so.” In a way, reading can create a magical reality that exists in the imagination, to be sure, but can be vivid enough to block out the natural world while the reading lasts. Books are the primary conveyances of all abstract ideas.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435354 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS fun over here.
So many holy comedians visit this thread.
:)
So i was right,you got bored with being the main feature poster on that other thread? It looks as though you are striving to be the only poster on this thread as well.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435355 Apr 25, 2013
It's no wonder that Mother Teresa, who spent so much time indulging in the words in her bible, yearned to die and (in her words) go to God.

Heaven became real to her ... more real than earth.

The same thing occurred to others who feasted as gluttons on words in their supposed holy books.

The important part of their lives were no longer here, as they perceived that the people of the world in general were evil and that they were holy. They assured their selves that it was time to leave, and many couldn't figure out why "god" had not already "called them home."

After all, such perfection warranted immediate attention from "god."
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#435356 Apr 25, 2013
Speaking of dollar stores....when did the Five & Ten become the Dollar Store? And why was the merchandise of so much better quality when it cost five and ten cents than it is now that it costs a dollar?

Another little tidbit that no one cares about: Barbara G. Walker is far better known for her innovations in hand knitting than for her dabbling in feminism and the occult. She was the author of several knitting reference books in the 60s and 70s. Some are now being reprinted, but at one point the out-of-print books were going for several hundred dollars each! The books are good, but they're not that good.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435357 Apr 25, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grams...thought I'd check to see if you ever posted me saying I was evil.
Are you kidding? You don't believe you ARE evil. You believe you are holy. That's the only thing that holds devout believers in the cults.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#435358 Apr 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
More from the Roman Catholics.....
"We teach,...We declare that the Roman Church by the Providence of God holds the primacy of ordinary power over all others, and that this power of jurisdiction of the Roman Pontiff, which is truly episcopal, is immediate. Toward it, the pastors and the faithful of whatever rite and dignity, both individually and collectively, are bound by the duty of hierarchical subordination and true obedience, not only in matters which pertain to faith and morals, but also in those which concern the discipline and government of the Church spread throughout the whole world, in such a way that once the unity of communion and the profession of the same Faith has been preserved with the Roman Pontiff, there is one flock of the Church of Christ under one supreme shepherd. This is the teaching of the Catholic truth from which no one can depart without loss of faith and salvation." Pope Pius XII, Ad Apostolorum Principis (On Communism And The Church In China), Encyclical Promulgated on June 29, 1958,#46.
This only applies to the Catholic faithful, why do you care?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#435359 Apr 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Book
The written word has always been numinous, conveying a sense of awe especially to the illiterate, who admired alphabetical symbols even if they could not read them.“It is written” was another way of saying “It is so.” In a way, reading can create a magical reality that exists in the imagination, to be sure, but can be vivid enough to block out the natural world while the reading lasts. Books are the primary conveyances of all abstract ideas.
Two declarations by atheists: I don't believe in God....I hate God

John 15
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

***You see Grams, God's Word even talks about you and your hate. If I believe the nonsense you do, you'd like me just like the other atheists on here. However, I don't believe the nonsense you believe and that's why you hate so much. Tell me I'm wrong lololol

New Hazelton, Canada

#435360 Apr 25, 2013
A bible is not and never has been a symbol of holiness to me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

No object or symbol is sacred in or of itself, as an inherent quality. Sacredness comes only from the attitude of people towards an object. A thing becomes holy because of the way people handle it or talk about it, teaching themselves, each other, and their children to feel proper awe in its presence. The numinous spirit of the object is not part of itself; it is part of human culture.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435361 Apr 25, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Two declarations by atheists: I don't believe in God....I hate God
Silly ... A person can't hate something in which the person doesn't believe.

It just doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min pusherman_ 774,162
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min NEWS-FLASH 175,574
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min lil whispers 604,849
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 14 min Jolly 23,961
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min WasteWater 265,025
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min waaasssuuup 441,759
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 52 min Marty Fong 3
More from around the web