Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#435559 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You continually cherry-pick scriptures that you are certain puts you high up on a pedestal as a teller of absolute truth. You use scriptures to indicate that Catholics are liars and YOU ... "wonderful, WISE you ... tell the truth and nothing but "GOD'S" truth.
You are a fool caught up in the web of your own arrogant folly.
~~~

Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

~~~
1Co 1:18 ===> For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.<===

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#435560 Apr 26, 2013
Billy Graham ADORED the limelight. He used his bible as a stepping-stone to fame, cuddling up to each "Christian" President.

Charles Templeton died relatively unknown to the public. He could have used the bible as a stepping-stone to fame as did Billy Graham, but instead he chose to follow his conscience and take a quiet road to his death.

Billy was admired by the flocks of Christians, but it is now plain, he didn't know truth. He was playing a guessing game of which scripture fit his delusion best, at which time.

Quesnel, Canada

#435561 Apr 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
~~~
1Co 1:18 ===> For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.<===
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
You also adore your "lime" light.

My guess is, you have very low self-esteem, and pounding others with scriptures makes you feel powerful, useful, and NEEDED.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#435562 Apr 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
If ever you have some intelligence to contribute to the discussion...get back to me...

New Age wrote:
I added much intelligence. You are the one refusing to answer or even post support for the claims you made.

You are starting to act like a Catholic, the ones you seem to despise.

Self.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused...again..
Babbling: To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds...
No intelligence in babbling....really..
As I pointed out.....more non-answers and lots of judging.

*sighs*

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#435563 Apr 26, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>I seldom do, they are prone to lie.
Then making conclusions about any religion is impossible.

Albuquerque, NM

#435564 Apr 26, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"
Debating delusions.
Let us pray:
"Dear Jesus, please cure cancer for all of mankind today at 5 p.m.
EDT. Amen"
Why not?
Because deep down inside, we all know it's imaginary.
"WE" don't know any such thing. You just miss a point. One must BELIEVE God to get anything from Him. Faith is the necessary connection.
I have been instantly healed (even from strep throat). I've known of many others who have the same sort of experiences.
Sometimes we bring on our pain (smoking, drinking, etc). Obedience AND faith are necessary here. Jesus said, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."
You think you can't believe in a God you cannot see. Well, you can't see oxygen, either, but you can't live without it.
KayMarie
And like your husband, you refused to partake in my "prayer experiment".

Stop bullshitting people.

#435565 Apr 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You also adore your "lime" light.
My guess is, you have very low self-esteem, and pounding others with scriptures makes you feel powerful, useful, and NEEDED.
~~~
1Co_9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

___

Gal_6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The ministry of the word is not about me... but for THE GLORY OF God and His Son Jesus Christ...

Albuquerque, NM

#435566 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~
*in his best GiF preacher voice*

THE POWER OF PAUL!! BEGONE HEATHEN!!

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

Why don't you ever post teachings by Jesus instead?

You aren't a so-called "Christian", but more like a "Pauline follower".

Self.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435567 Apr 26, 2013
God know who set up and why..if you god jump down who say that?

Quesnel, Canada

#435568 Apr 26, 2013
If a god NEEDS humans to preach words at others, the god is sorely in need of help.

The humans that preach words are not examples of perfection ... but rather are blatherers of nonsense.

Quesnel, Canada

#435569 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
The ministry of the word is not about me... but for THE GLORY OF God and His Son Jesus Christ...
Preached Martin Luther, as he counseled the princes to put the starving peasants to death for disobedience.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435570 Apr 26, 2013
wisdom is not friend with lust
truth

Perth, Australia

#435571 Apr 26, 2013
Then bless be poor!
How poor can be bigger then God?
Did God created poor?

#435572 Apr 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*in his best GiF preacher voice*
THE POWER OF PAUL!! BEGONE HEATHEN!!
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Why don't you ever post teachings by Jesus instead?
You aren't a so-called "Christian", but more like a "Pauline follower".
Self.
~~~

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 1:13 ===> Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? <===

1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Location hidden

#435573 Apr 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no "lies" in the Word of God??---The lies ONLY come from protestant "bible only buffoons" who misinterpret it, misrepresent it and misuse it, by "sprewing" their anti-catholic heretical "lies", deceiving others as they deceive themselves---by distorting the TRUTH!!!
Very clever!!!! You do have a very difficult time in facing and admitting the truth!!!!!

So...you agree then, that the Word of God has no lies....that, according to you, it is people like me who lie...misrepresent Scripture...misuse it to deceive others by distorting the truth..

Step two:

1. Catholics do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..

According to hojo and clay what I am saying is a lie.

Scripture:
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)

Who can show me a lie in my words supported by Scripture quoted above?? And can also show where I misrepresented the Scripture...misused it to deceive others by distorting the truth..

Quote: We are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ. We are to pray to our Father in Heaven. We are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ...

Albuquerque, NM

#435574 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 ===> Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? <===
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Still no teachings by Jesus.....

Location hidden

#435575 Apr 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
If ever you have some intelligence to contribute to the discussion...get back to me...
New Age wrote:
I added much intelligence. You are the one refusing to answer or even post support for the claims you made.
You are starting to act like a Catholic, the ones you seem to despise.
Self.
<quoted text>
As I pointed out.....more non-answers and lots of judging.
*sighs*
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Why don't you address my post??

1. Catholics do teach tradition trumps the bible. The Bible teaches to pray to God the Father in the name of Christ....Catholics pray to Mary and dead "saints"...I know...been there done that..

According to hojo and clay what I am saying is a lie.

Scripture:
Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven)

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.(we are to pray to our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ....)

Who can show any lies in the Word of God??

Quesnel, Canada

#435576 Apr 26, 2013
Preachers are a dime a dozen, and their words are worthless ... except to their selves, where arrogance thrives on lies.

#435577 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Still no teachings by Jesus.....
~~~
IGNORED

Location hidden

#435578 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
And like your husband, you refused to partake in my "prayer experiment".
Stop bullshitting people.
You remind me of a retarded ditch digger trying to perform brain surgery!!!!!

Debating delusions.
Let us pray:
"Dear Jesus, please cure cancer for all of mankind today at 5 p.m.
EDT. Amen"
Why not?
Because deep down inside, we all know it's imaginary.

Not deep inside....just below the surface we know...based on God's Word...the prayer quoted above will fall on deaf ears.

The Word of God says we are to pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 16 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Nohweh 259
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 37 min Ewa 8
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 176
More from around the web