Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,828
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#435259 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My anti-religious stance is not likely to change.
Please allow me to trample on your pearls ... swine that I am.
Pigs have feelings TOO you know.
:)
Stanley says that the schedule of your designated BLACK Bus will not change either.

Go Figure.
youtube

AOL

#435260 Apr 24, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435261 Apr 24, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
God uses holy people as channels of His grace to others.
Your arrogance is so thick it could be cut with a knife.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435262 Apr 24, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Stanley says that the schedule of your designated BLACK Bus will not change either.
Go Figure.
Do you have something against black vehicles?

:)

New Hazelton, Canada

#435263 Apr 24, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
44."Love is the most necessary of all virtues. Love in the person who preaches the word of God is like fire in a musket. If a person were to throw a bullet with his hands, he would hardly make a dent in anything; but if the person takes the same bullet and ignites some gunpowder behind it, it can kill. It is much the same with the word of God. If it is spoken by someone who is filled with the fire of charity- the fire of love of God and neighbor- it will work wonders."
-St. Anthony Mary Claret
Would she have been a Jewish saint, speaking for a god of the Jews?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435264 Apr 24, 2013
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...

There is only one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He had to appear to people. Several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:

Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21

1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul.

Obviously Paul benefitted from a personal meeting with the resurrected Christ. Because of the personal visit, Paul could see for himself the truth of the resurrection, and he could ask Jesus questions.

So... Why doesn't Jesus appear to everyone and prove that he is resurrected, just like he appeared to Paul?

Why did Jesus stop making these appearances?

We know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example -- because it was OK for Jesus to appear to hundreds of other people in the Bible.

Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear.

What do you think would happen?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435265 Apr 24, 2013
Jesus is imaginary....

You know that because your first reaction is to say it's absurd for us ALL to ask Jesus to appear.

You will find "reasons" why that request is absurd.

The reason you do this is because Jesus is imaginary.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435266 Apr 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
192 639
<quoted text>
O.K...How is this: Yea, yea; Nay, nay.....Mind telling me how this addresses his comments regarding his pope????
My apologies Answered the wrong post...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435267 Apr 24, 2013
"Does God love me?"

Answer: The question of whether God loves us – personally and individually – is common. Surrounded by the conditional love of finite humanity, we cannot easily comprehend that God would love us. We know our faults. We know that God is perfect and sinless. We know that we are not. Why would God, who is infinite and holy, love us, who are finite and sinful? And yet the great truth of the gospel is that He does! Time and again, Scripture reminds us of God’s love for us.

To begin with, God created mankind in His own image. And He did so with great care and concern. He “formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being … the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man”(Genesis 2:7, 21-22). There’s an intimacy here between God and mankind. With the rest of creation, God merely spoke and it was. Yet God took time in forming man and woman. He gave them dominion over the earth (see Genesis 1:28). God related directly to Adam and Eve. After the Fall, the couple hid from God when He came “walking in the garden in the cool of the day”(Genesis 3:8). It was not abnormal for them to speak with God; it was abnormal for them to hide.

Relationship with God was broken after the Fall, but His love remained. Immediately following God’s pronouncement of curses on the sinful couple, Scripture paints another loving image of God.“The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. And the Lord God said,‘The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and also take from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.’ So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of the Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken”(Genesis 3:21-23). God’s action here is not vindictive or punitive; it is protective. God clothed Adam and Eve to hide their shame. He drove them out of Eden to protect them from further harm. God acted out of love. Then, God’s plan of redemption and restoration begins to unfold—a plan not designed after the Fall, but before creation (1 Peter 1:20). God loves humankind so much that He chose to create us even knowing the heartache it would cause Him to redeem us.

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435268 Apr 24, 2013
CONT
There are many verses that demonstrate God’s love. We can see His tenderness in Old and New Testament alike. David and other psalmists were particularly articulate regarding God’s love. Just look at Psalm 139. Song of Solomon is another great picture of love. God’s love is even evident in the history of the Israelites, as He continually preserved a remnant and pled with His people to obey and live. God is seen as just, but also merciful. He is tender. He is jealous for His people, desirous that relationship be restored.
Sometimes we look at the Old Testament and think that God only loves people as a nation, not as individuals. But it is important to remember that Ruth, Hagar, David, Abraham, Moses and Jeremiah were all individuals. God stepped into each of their lives and loved them individually. This love becomes obvious in the person of Jesus.
God confined Himself to human skin in order to redeem us (see Philippians 2:5-11). He entered our world as a baby born to an unassuming family in a very humble way (He spent His first night in a feeding trough with animals in a cave). Jesus grew up like any child would. During His public ministry, He often associated with society’s outcasts. He stopped for the sick. He healed. He listened to people. He blessed the children. He also taught us about God’s love. Luke 13:34 records Jesus crying,“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!” This speaks God’s heart desire that people would return to Him. He longs for us. Not to punish us, but to love us.
Perhaps the greatest picture of God’s love is Jesus’ passion and crucifixion. Paul reminds us,“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us”(Romans 5:6-8). Jesus’ work on the cross was a clear, unmistakable declaration of love. And this love is unconditional. We were in our worst state when Christ died for us.“As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins … But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions – it is by grace that you have been saved”(Ephesians 2:1, 4-5).
This salvation has made true life possible.“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy,” Jesus said.“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full”(John 10:10). God is not stingy. He wants to lavish His love on us.“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death,” Paul proclaims in Romans 8:1-2.
Remember, Paul was formerly an enemy of Christ. He vehemently persecuted Christians. He lived by the letter of the law rather than through an understanding of God’s love. Paul, if he even thought of God’s love, probably felt that God could not love him apart from rule-following. Yet, in Christ, he found God’s grace and accepted God’s love. One of his greatest articulations of God’s love is this:“If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all – how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...
CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435269 Apr 24, 2013
CONT

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord”(Romans 8:31-32, 35-39).
So the simple answer is,“yes.” Yes, God loves you! As hard as it may be to believe, it is the truth.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435270 Apr 24, 2013
Other Scriptures about God’s love for you:

1 John 4:8 –“… God is love”

Ephesians 5:1-2 –“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”

Ephesians 5:25-27 –“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.”

John 15:9-11 –“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”

1 John 3:16a –“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.”

GOTQUESTIONS.ORG

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435271 Apr 24, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion" Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...
There is only one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He had to appear to people. Several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:
Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul.
Obviously Paul benefitted from a personal meeting with the resurrected Christ. Because of the personal visit, Paul could see for himself the truth of the resurrection, and he could ask Jesus questions.
So... Why doesn't Jesus appear to everyone and prove that he is resurrected, just like he appeared to Paul?
Why did Jesus stop making these appearances?
We know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example -- because it was OK for Jesus to appear to hundreds of other people in the Bible.
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear.
What do you think would happen?

You are reading the wrong papers. Jesus is appearing to many in other countries, especially. Islamic people are being converted after seeing Jesus in dreams and visions.

Americans aren't looking for Him, so they don't often see Him. They consider themselves too smart to believe in One they cannot 'see'.

If you ask Him sincerely, you will find Him. If you ask mockingly to prove that He is not, then you cannot see Him. He doesn't play games with scoffers.

KayMarie
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435272 Apr 24, 2013
How does God demonstrate His love for us? Why does God love us?
This profound question finds its answer in the very nature of God Himself. First John 4:8 teaches that,“God is love.” Not only does God love; love is part of His essential nature. Love is who God is, therefore He cannot but love.

Do we deserve His love? Romans 5:8 clearly teaches,“God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” We had not even been born yet, and God was already at work to provide a way for us to spend eternity with Him (John 3:16). Jesus even noted that He is preparing a place for those who love Him (John 14:3) where we will dwell in His presence forever.

There are limitless expressions of God’s perfect, unconditional love for us. One of these is the fact that He created us. Colossians 1:16 says,“All things were created through him and for him.” This includes every person who has ever lived. John 1:3 adds,“All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

God also shows His love for humanity by sustaining our lives. Colossians 1:17 teaches,“And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” First Peter 1:5 notes believers are those,“Who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” Second Timothy 1:12 adds,“I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.”

God has revealed His love through sending His only Son Jesus Christ to provide salvation for those who believe. John 3:16 observes,“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” His salvation provides inexpressible joy,“Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls”(1 Peter 1:8-9).

God reveals His love through salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 instructs,“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Salvation is God’s free gift to those who will receive it, an expression of love that includes eternal life.

God reveals His love through the calling and gifts He has given us. Ephesians 2:10 shares,“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” First Corinthians 12:7 adds,“To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.”

God reveals His love by making believers part of God’s family. As 1 John 3:1 declares,“See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.”

God reveals His love for believers particularly by preparing an eternal home with Him. John 14:2-3 promises,“In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”

Many additional examples could be provided to show how God loves us, but the only adequate reason to explain why God loves us is found in His very nature. He is love, and His love for us as His created beings ultimately brings glory to His name.

----------
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435273 Apr 24, 2013
Does God love everyone or just Christians?
“God is love”(1 John 4:8b). The very essence of God’s character includes love. This means that God cannot be unloving. God loves everyone. We also see explicit evidence of this in Scripture. Romans 5:8 tells us,“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” God’s love was not given to us when we became Christians; He loved us as sinners. The very act of creation demonstrates God’s love for humanity. He brought us into being that we would be in relationship with Him. So, yes, God does love everyone.

However, this love is balanced by God’s justice. While God does love everyone, relationship with Him is restored only through the sacrifice of Jesus. God loves those who do not yet know Him, and He longs for them to turn to Him (2 Peter 3:9). He will woo them to Himself and give them opportunity to come to saving faith, but He will not deny His justice. So only those who have been saved by grace through faith will experience God’s love for eternity.

So, yes, God does love everyone. But only those who follow God can enter into the fullness of His love for them.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435274 Apr 24, 2013
In what way is love a fruit of the Holy Spirit?
Philippians 2:13 points out a spiritual truth that we too often forget: "For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Obedience, maturity, and successful ministry are only possible when we allow God to work through us. This truth needs to be kept in mind when contemplating the fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5:22-23. The "fruit"—or end results of work—is of the Spirit. It is not of our own effort.

First on the list of the Spirit's work in a believer's life is "love." This is not the lust of eros or even the brotherly affection of phileo. This is agape, the hard, sacrificial choice that sent Jesus to the cross (John 15:13). The most complete description of agape is found in 1 Corinthians 13:

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.(vs. 1-3)

These three verses speak of religion and ministry. Dynamic preaching, limitless knowledge, unshakeable faith, and even extreme charity are nothing without a conscious choice to seek the welfare of another beyond one's self. Jesus made this point to the Pharisees in Luke 1:42-44—they tithed relentlessly and coveted the respect of public ministry but disregarded "the love of God." As Jesus taught in Matthew 6:5 and 16, when Christian ministry is performed for the purpose of garnering attention, that attention is all the reward that will be given; God will not reward acts done for selfish motives.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.(vs. 4-7)

These verses delve more deeply into the characteristics of agape. The sacrificial choice to love is above honor and pride. Agape love chooses to be kind and patient in the face of insult. It is humble despite others' arrogance. It doesn't worry about honor or revenge. Because agape love is empowered by the Holy Spirit, it can ignore worldly values and focus on the hope that others will come to God, as well.

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

The last section of 1 Corinthians 13 speaks of the permanence of agape love. Some gifts are temporary, but there will always be love. In eternity, when we have glorified bodies with sinless minds, the Holy Spirit will be able to manifest His character in us even more. "God is love" (1 John 4:8). It is essential to His nature, and when we love—when we seek to benefit others with no regard for the cost to ourselves—we show that we know God.

Nothing can artificially manufacture the love of God in us. Love is a fruit of the Spirit. It grows in His presence. As we allow Him to change us, we can love God and love others as we should. "If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us" (1 John 4:12b).
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435275 Apr 24, 2013
What does it mean to be filled with the Holy Spirit?
An important portion of Scripture that refers to the filling of the Holy Spirit is Ephesians 5:17-21:

Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

In these verses being filled with the Spirit is contrasted with being filled or drunk with wine. The idea is one of being controlled by God’s Spirit rather than by other forces. When we are filled by the Spirit, we see a resultant attitude of joy and thanksgiving. We also see a relational posture of humility toward God and of submission to one another.

So how can a person be filled with the Holy Spirit? To be clear, there is an important difference between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the filling of the Holy Spirit. All believers in Jesus Christ have God’s Spirit living within them, or dwelling within them (John 14:16, Ephesians 1:13, 2 Corinthians 1:22, Ephesians 4:30); but not all believers live filled or controlled by the Spirit’s power. Some Christians describe this distinction by saying believers have all of the Holy Spirit but the Holy Spirit may not have all of them. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the time of our salvation but we are filled by Him when we submit to Him.

The filling of the Holy Spirit, then, can vary in the life of each believer. Negatively, a believer in Christ can “quench” or “grieve” the Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19; Ephesians 4:30). Sinful actions can hinder the work of God’s Spirit in his or her life. In contrast, when a believer in Christ lives in obedience to God’s will and commands, he or she should expect to see God’s Spirit living through them.

Some suggest that the filling of the Holy Spirit is an emotional experience that takes place at certain moments, but the concept of “filling” in Scripture is one of being controlled or influenced by the Holy Spirit. At times living a Spirit-filled life may include emotional or mountain-top experiences. But the idea of being filled by the Spirit is more about an ongoing sense of God’s Spirit working in a person’s life, not a one-time experience. As the believer lives out his or her faith in Christ, the Holy Spirit increasingly controls or fills his or her life; this leads to joy, thankfulness, and right relationships.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435276 Apr 24, 2013
What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit and when does someone receive it?
In short, we receive the Holy Spirit when we receive Christ as Lord and Savior. Paul says in Romans:“However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him”(Romans 8:9).

In another epistle, the Apostle states:“In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory”(Ephesians 1:13–14). So there is no gap between belief in Christ and the receiving of the Holy Spirit.

However, it should be noted that some have tried to teach what is called the “doctrine of subsequence” or “second work of grace,” which states that Christians receive some of the Holy Spirit at the time of salvation and then what is called the “baptism of the Holy Spirit” at some time afterwards. A careful examination of Scripture shows this position to be incorrect.

First, the phrase “baptism of the Holy Spirit” appears nowhere in Scripture. Moreover, there is no place in Scripture where the Holy Spirit does the baptizing. Instead, the Bible clearly portrays Christ as the baptizer:“As for me [John the Baptist], I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire”(Matthew 3:11).

Second, while those supporting the teaching of subsequence point to specific episodes in Acts as proof that a secondary baptism occurs among all believers, closer inspection of both the texts and the historical background of the book undoes their position.

In Acts 2, a subsequent baptism with the Holy Spirit is certainly seen; however, this is in keeping with Jesus’ previous promise to the disciples in Acts 1:5:“You will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” This occurred on Pentecost and was a predominantly Jewish event that inaugurated the Church age.

In Acts 8, the Samaritans, a race deeply despised by the Jews, were added to the Church. While a subsequent baptism with the Holy Spirit is present in the text, the reasons for it are quite evident. It was important for the Jews to see and experience the fact that the Samaritans were included in the Church, and it was important for the Samaritans to know that the Jewish apostles were the channels of divine truth and that they were to be under apostolic authority.

In Acts 10, the Gentiles—Cornelius and those who were with him—were added to the Church. However, it should be noted that a subsequent baptism does not occur; rather, belief and the baptism with the Spirit occur at the same time.

Such is also the case in Acts 19 with a group of those who had only been exposed to John the Baptist’s repentance teaching but nothing more. Belief in Christ and the baptism with the Spirit again occur simultaneously.

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435277 Apr 24, 2013
CONT
It is important to remember that the genre of Acts is that of historical narrative where Luke is recording an important time of historical spiritual transition. Therefore, a distinction must be made between what is descriptive in Acts vs. what is prescriptive. As one theologian has said,“We must not make the tragic mistake of teaching the experience of the apostles, but rather we must experience the teaching of the apostles.”

To be baptized with the Holy Spirit means that Christ places the new believer into the unity of His body and connects him/her with everyone else who also believes in Christ. Baptism with the Spirit makes all believers one. Of this, Paul says,“For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit”(1 Corinthians 12:13).

We must not miss the significance of the past tense expression “were all baptized.” There is no state of limbo where a person is saved but not a part of the body of Christ.

While the Scripture never commands Christians to be baptized by, with, or of the Holy Spirit, it does charge them to be filled with the Spirit:“And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit”(Ephesians 5:18). But as for the initial gift of the Holy Spirit, that happens at one, and only one, time—at the time of salvation:“There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism”(Ephesians 4:4–5).
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435278 Apr 24, 2013
"Why won't God heal amputees?"

Answer: Some use this question in an attempt to "disprove" the existence of God. In fact, there is a popular anti-Christian website dedicated to the “Why won’t God heal amputees?” argument: http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com . If God is all-powerful and if Jesus promised to do anything we ask (or so the reasoning goes), then why won’t God ever heal amputees when we pray for them? Why does God heal victims of cancer and diabetes, for example, yet He never causes an amputated limb to be regenerated? The fact that an amputee stays an amputee is "proof" to some that God does not exist, that prayer is useless, that so-called healings are coincidence, and that religion is a myth.

The above argument is usually presented in a thoughtful, well-reasoned way, with a liberal sprinkling of Scripture to make it seem all the more legitimate. However, it is an argument based on a wrong view of God and a misrepresentation of Scripture. The line of reasoning employed in the "why won’t God heal amputees" argument makes at least seven false assumptions:

CONT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 739,746
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 227,653
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Freebird USA 173,719
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 13 min Johnny 3,131
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min hazem selawi 38,710
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 34 min Ahmad 866
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 41 min WasteWater 4,487
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min WasteWater 259,603
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••