Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596159 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#435271 Apr 24, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion" Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...
There is only one way for Jesus to prove that he rose from the dead. He had to appear to people. Several different places in the Bible describe Jesus' appearances after his death:
Matthew chapter 28
Mark chapter 16
Luke chapter 24
John Chapter 20 and 21
1 Corinthians 15:3-6 provides a nice summary of those passages, as written by Paul.
Obviously Paul benefitted from a personal meeting with the resurrected Christ. Because of the personal visit, Paul could see for himself the truth of the resurrection, and he could ask Jesus questions.
So... Why doesn't Jesus appear to everyone and prove that he is resurrected, just like he appeared to Paul?
Why did Jesus stop making these appearances?
We know that it is OK for Jesus to appear to people -- it does not take away their free will, for example -- because it was OK for Jesus to appear to hundreds of other people in the Bible.
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear.
What do you think would happen?

You are reading the wrong papers. Jesus is appearing to many in other countries, especially. Islamic people are being converted after seeing Jesus in dreams and visions.

Americans aren't looking for Him, so they don't often see Him. They consider themselves too smart to believe in One they cannot 'see'.

If you ask Him sincerely, you will find Him. If you ask mockingly to prove that He is not, then you cannot see Him. He doesn't play games with scoffers.

KayMarie
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435272 Apr 24, 2013
How does God demonstrate His love for us? Why does God love us?
This profound question finds its answer in the very nature of God Himself. First John 4:8 teaches that,“God is love.” Not only does God love; love is part of His essential nature. Love is who God is, therefore He cannot but love.

Do we deserve His love? Romans 5:8 clearly teaches,“God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” We had not even been born yet, and God was already at work to provide a way for us to spend eternity with Him (John 3:16). Jesus even noted that He is preparing a place for those who love Him (John 14:3) where we will dwell in His presence forever.

There are limitless expressions of God’s perfect, unconditional love for us. One of these is the fact that He created us. Colossians 1:16 says,“All things were created through him and for him.” This includes every person who has ever lived. John 1:3 adds,“All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

God also shows His love for humanity by sustaining our lives. Colossians 1:17 teaches,“And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” First Peter 1:5 notes believers are those,“Who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” Second Timothy 1:12 adds,“I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.”

God has revealed His love through sending His only Son Jesus Christ to provide salvation for those who believe. John 3:16 observes,“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” His salvation provides inexpressible joy,“Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls”(1 Peter 1:8-9).

God reveals His love through salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 instructs,“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Salvation is God’s free gift to those who will receive it, an expression of love that includes eternal life.

God reveals His love through the calling and gifts He has given us. Ephesians 2:10 shares,“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” First Corinthians 12:7 adds,“To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.”

God reveals His love by making believers part of God’s family. As 1 John 3:1 declares,“See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.”

God reveals His love for believers particularly by preparing an eternal home with Him. John 14:2-3 promises,“In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”

Many additional examples could be provided to show how God loves us, but the only adequate reason to explain why God loves us is found in His very nature. He is love, and His love for us as His created beings ultimately brings glory to His name.

----------
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435273 Apr 24, 2013
Does God love everyone or just Christians?
“God is love”(1 John 4:8b). The very essence of God’s character includes love. This means that God cannot be unloving. God loves everyone. We also see explicit evidence of this in Scripture. Romans 5:8 tells us,“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” God’s love was not given to us when we became Christians; He loved us as sinners. The very act of creation demonstrates God’s love for humanity. He brought us into being that we would be in relationship with Him. So, yes, God does love everyone.

However, this love is balanced by God’s justice. While God does love everyone, relationship with Him is restored only through the sacrifice of Jesus. God loves those who do not yet know Him, and He longs for them to turn to Him (2 Peter 3:9). He will woo them to Himself and give them opportunity to come to saving faith, but He will not deny His justice. So only those who have been saved by grace through faith will experience God’s love for eternity.

So, yes, God does love everyone. But only those who follow God can enter into the fullness of His love for them.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435274 Apr 24, 2013
In what way is love a fruit of the Holy Spirit?
Philippians 2:13 points out a spiritual truth that we too often forget: "For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Obedience, maturity, and successful ministry are only possible when we allow God to work through us. This truth needs to be kept in mind when contemplating the fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5:22-23. The "fruit"—or end results of work—is of the Spirit. It is not of our own effort.

First on the list of the Spirit's work in a believer's life is "love." This is not the lust of eros or even the brotherly affection of phileo. This is agape, the hard, sacrificial choice that sent Jesus to the cross (John 15:13). The most complete description of agape is found in 1 Corinthians 13:

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.(vs. 1-3)

These three verses speak of religion and ministry. Dynamic preaching, limitless knowledge, unshakeable faith, and even extreme charity are nothing without a conscious choice to seek the welfare of another beyond one's self. Jesus made this point to the Pharisees in Luke 1:42-44—they tithed relentlessly and coveted the respect of public ministry but disregarded "the love of God." As Jesus taught in Matthew 6:5 and 16, when Christian ministry is performed for the purpose of garnering attention, that attention is all the reward that will be given; God will not reward acts done for selfish motives.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.(vs. 4-7)

These verses delve more deeply into the characteristics of agape. The sacrificial choice to love is above honor and pride. Agape love chooses to be kind and patient in the face of insult. It is humble despite others' arrogance. It doesn't worry about honor or revenge. Because agape love is empowered by the Holy Spirit, it can ignore worldly values and focus on the hope that others will come to God, as well.

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

The last section of 1 Corinthians 13 speaks of the permanence of agape love. Some gifts are temporary, but there will always be love. In eternity, when we have glorified bodies with sinless minds, the Holy Spirit will be able to manifest His character in us even more. "God is love" (1 John 4:8). It is essential to His nature, and when we love—when we seek to benefit others with no regard for the cost to ourselves—we show that we know God.

Nothing can artificially manufacture the love of God in us. Love is a fruit of the Spirit. It grows in His presence. As we allow Him to change us, we can love God and love others as we should. "If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us" (1 John 4:12b).
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435275 Apr 24, 2013
What does it mean to be filled with the Holy Spirit?
An important portion of Scripture that refers to the filling of the Holy Spirit is Ephesians 5:17-21:

Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

In these verses being filled with the Spirit is contrasted with being filled or drunk with wine. The idea is one of being controlled by God’s Spirit rather than by other forces. When we are filled by the Spirit, we see a resultant attitude of joy and thanksgiving. We also see a relational posture of humility toward God and of submission to one another.

So how can a person be filled with the Holy Spirit? To be clear, there is an important difference between the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the filling of the Holy Spirit. All believers in Jesus Christ have God’s Spirit living within them, or dwelling within them (John 14:16, Ephesians 1:13, 2 Corinthians 1:22, Ephesians 4:30); but not all believers live filled or controlled by the Spirit’s power. Some Christians describe this distinction by saying believers have all of the Holy Spirit but the Holy Spirit may not have all of them. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit at the time of our salvation but we are filled by Him when we submit to Him.

The filling of the Holy Spirit, then, can vary in the life of each believer. Negatively, a believer in Christ can “quench” or “grieve” the Holy Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19; Ephesians 4:30). Sinful actions can hinder the work of God’s Spirit in his or her life. In contrast, when a believer in Christ lives in obedience to God’s will and commands, he or she should expect to see God’s Spirit living through them.

Some suggest that the filling of the Holy Spirit is an emotional experience that takes place at certain moments, but the concept of “filling” in Scripture is one of being controlled or influenced by the Holy Spirit. At times living a Spirit-filled life may include emotional or mountain-top experiences. But the idea of being filled by the Spirit is more about an ongoing sense of God’s Spirit working in a person’s life, not a one-time experience. As the believer lives out his or her faith in Christ, the Holy Spirit increasingly controls or fills his or her life; this leads to joy, thankfulness, and right relationships.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435276 Apr 24, 2013
What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit and when does someone receive it?
In short, we receive the Holy Spirit when we receive Christ as Lord and Savior. Paul says in Romans:“However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him”(Romans 8:9).

In another epistle, the Apostle states:“In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory”(Ephesians 1:13–14). So there is no gap between belief in Christ and the receiving of the Holy Spirit.

However, it should be noted that some have tried to teach what is called the “doctrine of subsequence” or “second work of grace,” which states that Christians receive some of the Holy Spirit at the time of salvation and then what is called the “baptism of the Holy Spirit” at some time afterwards. A careful examination of Scripture shows this position to be incorrect.

First, the phrase “baptism of the Holy Spirit” appears nowhere in Scripture. Moreover, there is no place in Scripture where the Holy Spirit does the baptizing. Instead, the Bible clearly portrays Christ as the baptizer:“As for me [John the Baptist], I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire”(Matthew 3:11).

Second, while those supporting the teaching of subsequence point to specific episodes in Acts as proof that a secondary baptism occurs among all believers, closer inspection of both the texts and the historical background of the book undoes their position.

In Acts 2, a subsequent baptism with the Holy Spirit is certainly seen; however, this is in keeping with Jesus’ previous promise to the disciples in Acts 1:5:“You will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” This occurred on Pentecost and was a predominantly Jewish event that inaugurated the Church age.

In Acts 8, the Samaritans, a race deeply despised by the Jews, were added to the Church. While a subsequent baptism with the Holy Spirit is present in the text, the reasons for it are quite evident. It was important for the Jews to see and experience the fact that the Samaritans were included in the Church, and it was important for the Samaritans to know that the Jewish apostles were the channels of divine truth and that they were to be under apostolic authority.

In Acts 10, the Gentiles—Cornelius and those who were with him—were added to the Church. However, it should be noted that a subsequent baptism does not occur; rather, belief and the baptism with the Spirit occur at the same time.

Such is also the case in Acts 19 with a group of those who had only been exposed to John the Baptist’s repentance teaching but nothing more. Belief in Christ and the baptism with the Spirit again occur simultaneously.

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435277 Apr 24, 2013
CONT
It is important to remember that the genre of Acts is that of historical narrative where Luke is recording an important time of historical spiritual transition. Therefore, a distinction must be made between what is descriptive in Acts vs. what is prescriptive. As one theologian has said,“We must not make the tragic mistake of teaching the experience of the apostles, but rather we must experience the teaching of the apostles.”

To be baptized with the Holy Spirit means that Christ places the new believer into the unity of His body and connects him/her with everyone else who also believes in Christ. Baptism with the Spirit makes all believers one. Of this, Paul says,“For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit”(1 Corinthians 12:13).

We must not miss the significance of the past tense expression “were all baptized.” There is no state of limbo where a person is saved but not a part of the body of Christ.

While the Scripture never commands Christians to be baptized by, with, or of the Holy Spirit, it does charge them to be filled with the Spirit:“And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit”(Ephesians 5:18). But as for the initial gift of the Holy Spirit, that happens at one, and only one, time—at the time of salvation:“There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism”(Ephesians 4:4–5).
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435278 Apr 24, 2013
"Why won't God heal amputees?"

Answer: Some use this question in an attempt to "disprove" the existence of God. In fact, there is a popular anti-Christian website dedicated to the “Why won’t God heal amputees?” argument: http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com . If God is all-powerful and if Jesus promised to do anything we ask (or so the reasoning goes), then why won’t God ever heal amputees when we pray for them? Why does God heal victims of cancer and diabetes, for example, yet He never causes an amputated limb to be regenerated? The fact that an amputee stays an amputee is "proof" to some that God does not exist, that prayer is useless, that so-called healings are coincidence, and that religion is a myth.

The above argument is usually presented in a thoughtful, well-reasoned way, with a liberal sprinkling of Scripture to make it seem all the more legitimate. However, it is an argument based on a wrong view of God and a misrepresentation of Scripture. The line of reasoning employed in the "why won’t God heal amputees" argument makes at least seven false assumptions:

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435279 Apr 24, 2013
CONT

Assumption 1: God has never healed an amputee. Who is to say that in the history of the world, God has never caused a limb to regenerate? To say, "I have no empirical evidence that limbs can regenerate; therefore, no amputee has ever been healed in the history of the world" is akin to saying "I have no empirical evidence that rabbits live in my yard; therefore, no rabbit has ever lived on this ground in the history of the world." It’s a conclusion that simply cannot be drawn. Besides, we have the historical record of Jesus healing lepers, some of whom we may assume had lost digits or facial features. In each case, the lepers were restored whole (Mark 1:40-42; Luke 17:12-14). Also, there is the case of the man with the shriveled hand (Matthew 12:9-13), and the restoration of Malchus's severed ear (Luke 22:50-51), not to mention the fact that Jesus raised the dead (Matthew 11:5; John 11), which would undeniably be even more difficult than healing an amputee.

Assumption 2: God’s goodness and love require Him to heal everyone. Illness, suffering, and pain are the result of our living in a cursed world—cursed because of our sin (Genesis 3:16-19; Romans 8:20-22). God’s goodness and love moved Him to provide a Savior to redeem us from the curse (1 John 4:9-10), but our ultimate redemption will not be realized until God has made a final end of sin in the world. Until that time, we are still subject to physical death.

If God’s love required Him to heal every disease and infirmity, then no one would ever die—because "love" would maintain everyone in perfect health. The biblical definition of love is "a sacrificial seeking what is best for the loved one." What is best for us is not always physical wholeness. Paul the apostle prayed to have his "thorn in the flesh" removed, but God said, "No," because He wanted Paul to understand he didn’t need to be physically whole to experience the sustaining grace of God. Through the experience, Paul grew in humility and in the understanding of God’s mercy and power (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435280 Apr 24, 2013
CONT

The testimony of Joni Eareckson Tada provides a modern example of what God can do through physical tragedy. As a teenager, Joni suffered a diving accident that left her a quadriplegic. In her book Joni, she relates how she visited faith healers many times and prayed desperately for the healing which never came. Finally, she accepted her condition as God’s will, and she writes, "The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that God doesn’t want everyone well. He uses our problems for His glory and our good" (p. 190).

Assumption 3: God still performs miracles today just as He did in the past. In the thousands of years of history covered by the Bible, we find just four short periods in which miracles were widely performed (the period of the Exodus, the time of the prophets Elijah and Elisha, the ministry of Jesus, and the time of the apostles). While miracles occurred throughout the Bible, it was only during these four periods that miracles were "common."

The time of the apostles ended with the writing of Revelation and the death of John. That means that now, once again, miracles are rare. Any ministry which claims to be led by a new breed of apostle or claims to possess the ability to heal is deceiving people. "Faith healers" play upon emotion and use the power of suggestion to produce unverifiable "healings." This is not to say that God does not heal people today—we believe He does—but not in the numbers or in the way that some people claim.

We turn again to the story of Joni Eareckson Tada, who at one time sought the help of faith healers. On the subject of modern-day miracles, she says, "Man’s dealing with God in our day and culture is based on His Word rather than ‘signs and wonders’" (op cit., p. 190). His grace is sufficient, and His Word is sure.

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435281 Apr 24, 2013
CONT
Assumption 4: God is bound to say "yes" to any prayer offered in faith. Jesus said, "I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" (John 14:12-14). Some have tried to interpret this passage as Jesus agreeing to whatever we ask. But this is misreading Jesus’ intent. Notice, first, that Jesus is speaking to His apostles, and the promise is for them. After Jesus’ ascension, the apostles were given power to perform miracles as they spread the gospel (Acts 5:12). Second, Jesus twice uses the phrase "in My name." This indicates the basis for the apostles’ prayers, but it also implies that whatever they prayed for should be consonant with Jesus’ will. A selfish prayer, for example, or one motivated by greed, cannot be said to be prayed in Jesus’ name.

We pray in faith, but faith means that we trust God. We trust Him to do what is best and to know what is best. When we consider all the Bible’s teaching on prayer (not just the promise given to the apostles), we learn that God may exercise His power in response to our prayer, or He may surprise us with a different course of action. In His wisdom He always does what is best (Romans 8:28).

Assumption 5: God’s future healing (at the resurrection) cannot compensate for earthly suffering. The truth is, "our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18). When a believer loses a limb, he has God’s promise of future wholeness, and faith is "being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:4). Jesus said, "It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire" (Matthew 18:8). His words confirm the relative unimportance of our physical condition in this world, as compared to our eternal state. To enter life maimed (and then to be made whole) is infinitely better than to enter hell whole (to suffer for eternity).

Assumption 6: God’s plan is subject to man’s approval. One of the contentions of the "why won’t God heal amputees" argument is that God just isn’t "fair" to amputees. Yet, Scripture is clear that God is perfectly just (Psalm 11:7; 2 Thessalonians 1:5-6) and in His sovereignty answers to no one (Romans 9:20-21). A believer has faith in God’s goodness, even when circumstances make it difficult and reason seems to falter.

Assumption 7: God does not exist. This is the underlying assumption on which the whole "why won’t God heal amputees" argument is based. Those who champion the "why won’t God heal amputees" argument start with the assumption that God does not exist and then proceed to buttress their idea as best they can. For them, "religion is a myth" is a foregone conclusion, presented as a logical deduction but which is, in reality, foundational to the argument.

In one sense, the question of why God doesn’t heal amputees is a trick question, comparable to "Can God make a rock too big for Him to lift?" and is designed not to seek for truth but to discredit faith. In another sense, it can be a valid question with a biblical answer. That answer, in short, would be something like this: "God can heal amputees and will heal every one of them who trusts Christ as Savior. The healing will come, not as the result of our demanding it now, but in God’s own time, possibly in this life, but definitely in heaven. Until that time, we walk by faith, trusting the God who redeems us in Christ and promises the resurrection of the body."

CONT
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#435282 Apr 24, 2013
A personal testimony:
Our first son was born missing bones in his lower legs and in his feet and he only had two toes. Two days after his first birthday he had both feet amputated. We are now considering adopting a child from China who would require a similar surgery as he has similar issues. I feel God chose me to be a very special mother to these special children, and I had no idea until seeing the topic about why doesn't God heal amputees that people used this as a reason to doubt the existence of God. As the mother of one child with no feet and the potential mother of another child that will be missing some of his lower limbs as well, I've never seen it in that light. Rather, I have seen His calling me to be a special mother as a way to teach others of the blessings of God. He is also calling me to give these children the opportunity to be added to a Christian family that will teach them to love the Lord in their special way and to understand that we can overcome all things all things through Christ. Some might find it to be a stumbling block; we find it to be a learning experience and challenge. We also thank Him for giving someone the knowledge to perform the necessary surgeries and make the necessary prostheses that allow my son, and hopefully our next son, to be able to walk, run, jump, and live to glorify God in all things.“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose”(Romans 8:28).

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435283 Apr 24, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Let's ALL ask Jesus to appear...
Spirit can appear all over the world at the same time.

That's how the hierarchy spread the room-er that Jesus was in all of their confessionals 24 hrs a day ... while his Jewish father was searching all over for him in the synagogues.

It was a terrible way to treat Jesus' father, but the Catholics didn't care.

:)

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435284 Apr 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
"Does God love me?"
Whose opinion do you want?

:)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435285 Apr 24, 2013
Doctrinal rightness and rightness of ecclesiastical position are important, but only as a starting point to go on into a living relationship - and not as ends in themselves
Francis Shaeffer
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#435286 Apr 24, 2013
More from the Roman Catholics.....

"We teach,...We declare that the Roman Church by the Providence of God holds the primacy of ordinary power over all others, and that this power of jurisdiction of the Roman Pontiff, which is truly episcopal, is immediate. Toward it, the pastors and the faithful of whatever rite and dignity, both individually and collectively, are bound by the duty of hierarchical subordination and true obedience, not only in matters which pertain to faith and morals, but also in those which concern the discipline and government of the Church spread throughout the whole world, in such a way that once the unity of communion and the profession of the same Faith has been preserved with the Roman Pontiff, there is one flock of the Church of Christ under one supreme shepherd. This is the teaching of the Catholic truth from which no one can depart without loss of faith and salvation." Pope Pius XII, Ad Apostolorum Principis (On Communism And The Church In China), Encyclical Promulgated on June 29, 1958,#46.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#435287 Apr 24, 2013
John Chrysostom???? Another Roman Catholic!

"Do not hold aloof from the Church; for nothing is stronger than the Church. The Church is thy hope, thy salvation, thy refuge." St. John Chrysostom, Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series I, Vol. IX, Introduction to the Two Homilies on Eutropius, Homily II.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#435288 Apr 24, 2013
The Roman Catholic "Mary"

"Thus there is a mediation: Mary places herself between her Son and mankind in the reality of their wants, needs and sufferings. She puts herself 'in the middle,' that is to say she acts as a mediatrix not as an outsider, but in her position as mother." Pope John Paul II, in Redemptoris Mater (On the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Life of the Pilgrim Church), Encyclical promulgated on March 25, 1987,#21.

"...we only have access to the Father by means of the Son, who is the Mediator of justice, so we only have access to the Son by means of the Mother, who is mediator of grace, and who obtains for us, by her intercession, the gifts which Jesus Christ has merited for us....you cannot come to God except by means of Jesus Christ, nor can you come to Christ except by means of his Mother." St. Alphonsus Ligouri, The Great Means of Salvation and of Perfection (The Necessity and Power of Prayer), Chapter 1, The Necessity of Prayer, Section 4 "The Intercession of the Blessed Virgin".

"With equal truth may it be also affirmed that, by the will of God, Mary is the intermediary through whom is distributed unto us this immense treasure of mercies gathered by God, for mercy and truth were created by Jesus Christ. Thus as no man goeth to the Father but by the Son, so no man goeth to Christ but by His Mother....Mary is this glorious intermediary..." Pope Leo XIII, in Octobri Mense (On the Rosary), Encyclical promulgated on September 22, 1891,# 4.

"God chose her to be the treasurer, the administrator and the dispenser of all his graces, so that all his graces and gifts pass through her hands. Such is the power that she has received from him that, according to St Bernardine, she gives the graces of the eternal Father, the virtues of Jesus Christ, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to whom she wills, as and when she wills, and as much as she wills.....
"We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.....
"Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.." St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#435289 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies Answered the wrong post...
Glad to hear from you......I will dismantle my munitions I gathered for a serious tete-a-tete..
truth

Perth, Australia

#435290 Apr 24, 2013
Remember this planet can be less then child marble..its looks like that ones upon time when somebody watch me.Did i describe perfectly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Lbj 902
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Joe Fortuna 854,593
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min DebraE 100,740
What do blacks think of asians? What do asians ... (Jan '08) 37 min Carly 87
Entering Heaven? 49 min Knock off purse s... 2
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 55 min Knock off purse s... 2
Whole Foods finally admits it ripped customers ... 58 min Knock off purse s... 5
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr I Am No One_ 444,291
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr NewsYtube 612,601
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web