Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,045
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435138 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Of course if all the Catholics abandoned the men in the hierarchy, the church would stick out comparable to a sore thumb.
After all, what is a church without worshippers?
What is a neighborhood watch without participants in daily focussing on the activities in their area? What is a dance troope without enough dancers to complete major routines?

Every society has active participants to further along the goals of that society.If Christians isolated themselves and never gathered to share what they believe to be true,there would be no faith community at all.Guess that would be nice for you?

My wife has a sweet aunt that is 86,she although living with her husband over 60 years never converted to his church.She was raised Methodist and he Catholic.
The daughters(3 of them) were raised Catholic,and my wife's aunt never interferred with that upbringing in the particular religious persuasion,but she never entered in herself.

My wife and I have been to see her many times,we enjoy her company and she is a delight to speak to.My wife's uncle died,the daughters are blessed with healthy families who are prosperring.

My wife's aunt claims that her faith is very personal and she finds that people should keep it to themselves.YET she wonders why at times that churches fail to meet the needs of its people,and she is quick to criticize the influence of a priest or minister in the life of people she knows,but on the other hand Christians should help everyone,aid the poor,help victims of disasters,and be there for people who are grieving and so on,YET if every Christian took her stance and kept any type of faith locked in introspection,there would be no charities and organizations of Christians who give aid and sustenance to the bereaved.

We all have our ideas about faith,but the Church in organization brings about a unity that builds upon bringing assets to those who are in need both physically and spiritually.If we took your theories to heart and forsook our faith,we would be living selfish lives.

Faith communities build upon the positive direction to uphold,uplift and encourage growth.Many Church groups and organizations have gone into other nations that are desparately poor to install wells,so that clean and fresh water would be supplied to those who have lived out of cisterns, polluted lakes and streams.

TO date the only organizations that are helping children who are victims of HUMAN Traffiking,are Catholic and Evangelical groups.We do not see atheists who are going from place to place healing the victims of abuse,but in countries even Muslim ones,Christians of many organizations go with doctors and medical personnel to deal with diseases and so on.

June if Christians stopped involving themselves in world crisis,many human beings regardless of their beliefs would die,and many would be destitute.But Christians have proved time and time again to be there when the trouble is at its worst,to give aid and support.

Somalia a Muslim nation was wracked by infighting,and many innocent people were starving to death.Christians came to the aid of those in need,in spite of the fact that their own lives would be in desparate peril.Muslims who were aided said"Many of our Muslim brothers are wealthy from oil,but few of them came to our aid,but the Christians were there,giving us the food and clothes we needed to survive our civil war."

What inspires people to help others especially when their own lives are at risk? Christians,no matter the affiliations,have proven that they are inspired by the Bible and their faith in God to do things that not only endanger them,but for the cause of the Love of Christ,even lay down their lives for others.

Your statements June may give support to other anti-religionists,and may influence those who are clueless about life around them,but they lack most of all the reasoning of what has inspired good people to walk in faith and to help humanity around them.

Since: Sep 09

New Hazelton, Canada

#435139 Apr 24, 2013
It's been said that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

I suggest that it's not healthy to tell people they are the stuff of genius, as egos thrive on more and more power, and could soon take the ones that believe they are geniuses over the edge to insanity.

It is safe for us to believe we are ignorant, and the fact is, we are ignorant. We are ignorant of what we don't and can't know ... until it happens.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#435140 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is YOUR bus white preacher man?
:)
Ollie says that 'while we both don't know that', we both have a pretty good idea of where we are heading once we suckIN our last breath.

At the very least, we sleep well at night and throughout our lives have done everything we can to see that all is right within our worlds.

So unlike you, you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

Meanwhile, your BLACK Bus will be right on time for you.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#435141 Apr 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
712 862
<quoted text>
I repeat: Come up for air....the fumes from the area formed by the forked junction of two members are getting to you!!!!!
Stanley says that the stench from you and your kind of ILK is permeating the Topic.

I believe a lot of it comes from your having to live in a basement apartment that you rent off some farmer's outHouse.

Meanwhile, your repitition only confirms that you find it very difficult to string two sentences together.

You just cannot beat my Stanley, can you...you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains.

Go Figure.

Location hidden

#435142 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ... that Stanley is a real power-house of knowledge.
You seem to have Jesus the Jew in a Catholic choke-hold!
Stanley say "why, thank you for the compliment".

When it comes to you, my Stanley can work wonders on any Topic.

Especially, when it comes to having more than two sentences involved from your end.

I say that you are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Jesus Christ is Our Lord and Master....and one day you will sit in judgement just as you get off your BLACK Bus and move on to
your final ultimate party.

Go Figure.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435143 Apr 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave her several posts and several links last year explaining Tradition.
She's not interested in finding out what we really teach.
I know. I guess I'm hoping sincere people looking for truth and reading this thread will realize the liars only have lies and it's better to hear from us instead of them. Nice to see you Regina.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435144 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when I was heavy into the bible, a man told me that I would be best to leave it alone, as it had driven many people insane.
I believed by his behavior that he was trying to help me.
No doubt that any extreme is wreckless to your health.Celery is good for you,but to eat that alone and never anything else would screw up your digestive system eventually.

Religion is a directive path to believing in the UNKNOWN,but we humans can abuse our path by becoming legalistic and fanatical about our search for truth.

Many great mena and women of God suggest a person read small prtions of the WORD a day,not large,not to excess,but spend 15 minutes in prayer as well,the longer times should be to accomplish a person goal with the Creator. If one goes off on tangents and fails to dod what is important for their lives,and the lives of those whmon they live with,than religion and faith is being abused.The people you live with need you to be part of their lives,and if you go off on some religious tangent and neglect your role in that household,than you are abusing the people around you and religion as well.

The Bible inspires us to do good to those we live with,not to abuse them,and ourselves.If you fast with reason and in short intervals,you are able to keep that discipline between you and God.But if you fast to excess and disturb the whole household around you,that fast is doing you no good,and it does not impress God in the least.The same applies to the reading of His Word,and prayer.

Your whole attitude while praying and reading the Scriptures is the TEST,as to how you have that be the inspiration to be the encourager,the helper,the compassionate one in your household.You do your chores and keep everything going for the glory of God,and your family or those whom you live with.

We can be selfish in our approach to learning about God,as with anything else.

The may you mention may have given you some needed advice at that time,in your excess,but what you needed most June was to take all that you were doing for God slowly,meditatively,and with respect to those around you.

If you were at all persecuted for your faith,it might have been warranted due to whether or not you respected those around you while reading your Bible,and praying,and of course what you said to them. Not saying we cannot share truth,but the Bible teaches us most of all temprance,and patience,two things that are suppose to quiet our spirits,and to arm us with the strength to live the LIFE of faith,rather than to IMPOSE it on others if they are resistant to it.

You had the free will to read the Word and to practice it,but you must look into how you did that.To forsake it all,and point your finger at faith as the culprit in why you claim abuse from it,has no foundation to the validity of faith to begin with.We abuse faith,and we move often on our own intuition.The Bible and faith,the church,and most of all God Himself can give to you a direction that will deepen faith,not to destroy what you had.

If you now claim that all faith is basically evil and the figment of imagination,your connection with it at one time has to be evaluated by you,and you alone.What kind of people did you allow yourself to be around,who supported your faith? Were they those who condemned others without any sense of compassion? Were they those who drilled you with the Word,expecting you to understand things you just could not comprehend?

Did you isolate yourself,thinking that your opinions and beliefs were enough to give you a good foundation in your own walk of faith?

So much is involved in how we engage in the leap of faith in this life.Faith in God is not something we eat one day and discard the next.Our free-will allows us to do that,but our spirit,our soul is deprived of that which once gave us hope.Jesus rebuked the church often because it forsook its first LOVE, Him.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435145 Apr 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<June if Christians stopped involving themselves in world crisis,many human beings regardless of their beliefs would die,and many would be destitute.But Christians have proved time and time again to be there when the trouble is at its worst,to give aid and support.
You have too much pride in that word "Christian."

People with kind hearts don't need religion to be charitable. And as history proved from all the torture and killing ... many in religion were bankrupt concerning charity of mind and heart.

New Hazelton, Canada

#435146 Apr 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your statements June may give support to other anti-religionists
Do you believe that Christians that are anti-Islam are anti-religionists?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#435147 Apr 24, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Where did 'da pope' say traditions trump the Word of God?

He must have said it; all of his followers say it.

KM

New Hazelton, Canada

#435148 Apr 24, 2013
Many Protestants are anti-Catholic, and many Catholics are anti-Protestant ... but they don't perceive that each other's groups are anti-religionists.

Yet they refer to Atheists as THE anti-religionists.

That is a "classic" scapegoat for many in religions?

#435149 Apr 24, 2013
who="Pad" No doubt that any extreme is wreckless to your health.Celery is good for you,but to eat that alone and never anything else would screw up your digestive system eventually.
Religion is a directive path to believing in the UNKNOWN,but we humans can abuse our path by becoming legalistic and fanatical about our search for truth.

The only people I've ever heard of who went crazy over Christianity, are those who have turned their backs on Him.

KM
Pad

Rockford, IL

#435150 Apr 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
June is correct.
And her statement does not suggest the Catholic hierarchy and God are equal.
Sometimes its difficult to understand how the Bible came to fruition. Many Evangelicals just plug their ears and repeat,'God did it. God did it'
Well in a sense, God did. But come on man, I don't think He wants you to ignore the Church He used to bring forth the scriptures. It still took a meeting of Bishops and a Pope to decide on the canon. And Btw, Jesus never instructed them to compile a Bible. Its something the Church decided to do in the 4th century.
"Jesus n e v e r instructed them to compile a Bible.Its something the Church decided to do in the 4th century."

All the authors of the B i b l e are Jewish except supposedly Luke. I say supposedly because Paul brought Luke into the Temple.Well aside from that,so one gentile gets into the authorship of HIS HOLY Word.

Clay,God inspires men to do things,He may not get a man and say I want a Bible compiled so that everyone will read it.But men and women of faith always knew that when you write something down that is truth,it can be used to confirm,and to educate those who later down the road need to hear the truth.

Often the reading of truth deepens ones faith to it,the Bible is a unique book to say the least,and it is inspired by God to challenge the hearts of many human beings to walk by faith and not by sight.

It is quite obvious that what men might say twenty years ago,might not sound quite the same today,and it is quite certain that every important word and speech made by leaders of the ages,were WRITTEN down so that people a hundred years later could view them for themselves,and enrichment.

History is so documented by a zillion books,yet we believers should not have the very words of JESUS written down and documented so that we can ponder them in our hearts,in the privacy of our homes? You and I can sit in the quietness of a room in our house,and read the very powerful words of all those who lived before us.The Bible was inspired by God as all books of history,and the sciences,the professions,were written to be passed to generation to generation.

I do not care one iota that God or Jesus never said compile a Bible so that it can be used to set staraight MY doctrines.But I know with every fiber of faith,that our Heavenly Father inspired men and women to compile that Holy Book,so that we in this century can read what HIS desire for humankind is.

The written W o r d is such a profound thing for all the human race,and God inspired the writing of human documentation all through history,to set the RECORD straight for all things not just religion.

Your argument does not cause me as a believer to rely on the tradition of your church over the written WORD that is in our hands,a document of strength,power,and the MIND of Christ.

Just because members of the Catholic Church were inspired to compile what was already written does not mean they wrote the Book and authored it.It is far better to look at the Scriptures as being inspired by God,and to leave what He has done in His hands,and stop giving the credit to your organization.When are you going to look at what God does sovereignly? Stop looking at the deeds of Men. "Man proposes,God disposes".We have to look to what God is doing,the actions of men are secondary to what the overall Will and Purpose of God is.The Bible was compiled for God's glory,not the glory of the Roman Catholic Church.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#435151 Apr 24, 2013
To truly present a Tradition argument, ie that something is a "Tradition equal to Gospel as long as it does not contradict Gospel "you must prove that it was something that was believed at the time of the First Christians. Otherwise it was added and not Tradition.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435152 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
KM
Liar. Gossiper. Bearer of false witness.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#435153 Apr 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"Jesus n e v e r instructed them to compile a Bible.Its something the Church decided to do in the 4th century."
All the authors of the B i b l e are Jewish except supposedly Luke. I say supposedly because Paul brought Luke into the Temple.Well aside from that,so one gentile gets into the authorship of HIS HOLY Word.
Clay,God inspires men to do things,He may not get a man and say I want a Bible compiled so that everyone will read it.But men and women of faith always knew that when you write something down that is truth,it can be used to confirm,and to educate those who later down the road need to hear the truth.
Often the reading of truth deepens ones faith to it,the Bible is a unique book to say the least,and it is inspired by God to challenge the hearts of many human beings to walk by faith and not by sight.
It is quite obvious that what men might say twenty years ago,might not sound quite the same today,and it is quite certain that every important word and speech made by leaders of the ages,were WRITTEN down so that people a hundred years later could view them for themselves,and enrichment.
History is so documented by a zillion books,yet we believers should not have the very words of JESUS written down and documented so that we can ponder them in our hearts,in the privacy of our homes? You and I can sit in the quietness of a room in our house,and read the very powerful words of all those who lived before us.The Bible was inspired by God as all books of history,and the sciences,the professions,were written to be passed to generation to generation.
I do not care one iota that God or Jesus never said compile a Bible so that it can be used to set staraight MY doctrines.But I know with every fiber of faith,that our Heavenly Father inspired men and women to compile that Holy Book,so that we in this century can read what HIS desire for humankind is.
The written W o r d is such a profound thing for all the human race,and God inspired the writing of human documentation all through history,to set the RECORD straight for all things not just religion.
Your argument does not cause me as a believer to rely on the tradition of your church over the written WORD that is in our hands,a document of strength,power,and the MIND of Christ.
Just because members of the Catholic Church were inspired to compile what was already written does not mean they wrote the Book and authored it.It is far better to look at the Scriptures as being inspired by God,and to leave what He has done in His hands,and stop giving the credit to your organization.When are you going to look at what God does sovereignly? Stop looking at the deeds of Men. "Man proposes,God disposes".We have to look to what God is doing,the actions of men are secondary to what the overall Will and Purpose of God is.The Bible was compiled for God's glory,not the glory of the Roman Catholic Church.
"so that we in this century can read what HIS desire for humankind is."

The problem is Dan, everyone reads it and comes to their own conclusions as to what His desires are. That is not what Jesus wanted. Yes, Sacred Scripture is God's Word. But God's Word needs an infallible interpreter. Thousands of sects interpreting by their own authority creates doctrinal anarchy and chaos.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#435154 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is all deception! Idolizing your own fantasies doesn't make the fantasies real.
No June!.... Agnosticism, atheism and 42,000 contradicting bible only Protestant religions are ALL about deception!!.... Your "denial" of over 2000 years of PROVEN, VERIFIABLE and SUBSTANTIATED historical and biblical TRUTH will not change that TRUTH!!!...The overwhelming vast majority of Apologistic historian authors and writers, both Catholic and Protestant confirm that Jesus Christ, initiated, formed and established ONE TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH and it was Catholic. THAT TRUTH hasn't changed for over 2000 years!!! You, June are just an extension of the Protestant Reformation and a repeat performance of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11, defiant and rebellious , with your "own editorializing obstinate personal opinion" in denial of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church. The Prodigal son, was exactly the same way--that is---until----"HE EVENTUALLY, CAME TO HIS SENSES!!!
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#435155 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I guess I'm hoping sincere people looking for truth and reading this thread will realize the liars only have lies and it's better to hear from us instead of them. Nice to see you Regina.
You make a good point. But somehow I don't think there are many sincere people reading this thread. Nevertheless, you're doing the right thing by posting the truth. "Confrinting" her ignorant bigotry with prayers and a blessing as Christ told us to do is difficult for me. You're a much better Christian than I am, Anthony! Nice to see you too!
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#435156 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
KM
Tsk, tsk, tsk....you're a liar, KM.

#435157 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For all that work that Satan does for god, do you think that on judgment day god will turn Satan into a saint, or will Satan have to burn for eternity in the same hell that he used for burning others?
The dogmas are based on nonsense, and I suggest you keep in mind that religion has been the cause of much insanity.
It's not healthy for you to keep on using words that reinforces the idea back to you that you are holy and others are evil.
There can and has been much backlash from such over-indulgent addiction.
~~~
It's not healthy for you to keep on using words that reinforces the idea back to you that you are holy and others are evil.

~~~~
Never said that I was Holy...I have never told any one to get like me. Or get like the Church I am a part of...

The ultimate example of holiness and goodness is Christ...the sinless one...
He is the one that I strive to lift up before others...

EVIL IS THE ABSENCE OF GOD...

Jesus said...

Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Joh 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

________

As The Deer Lyrics

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after thee
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship thee

You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield

You're my friend and you are my brother
Even though you are a king
I love you more than any other
So much more than anything

I want you more than gold or silver,
only you can satisfy.
You alone are the real joygiver
and the apple of my eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 740,079
gimmie shelter 5 min dirty white boy- 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 227,752
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min Edthirty 3,144
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min KiMare 95,534
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Epiphany2 601,159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min onemale 259,657
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr HipGnosis 173,812

Top Stories People Search