Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,972)

Showing posts 419,421 - 419,440 of530,354
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

how many time you kill me..o yes Jesus say..how many prophets you kill..oh did Jesus know what poor nefi say..how many time i been dead..who bring me back in life..its look as delusion.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="OldJG" Can you imagine such heresy?
Catholic Tradition is More Safe to Follow Than the Bible
"Like two sacred rivers flowing from paradaise, the Bible and divine tradition contain the word of God, the precious gems of revealed truths. Though these two divine streams are in themselves, on acount of their divine origin, of equal sacredness, and are both full of revealed truths, still of the two, tradition is to us more clear and safe." Catholic Belief, by Joseph Faa di Bruno, p 45.
Shows where their allegiance is...
KM
hmmm, should I listen to Pope Francis preach the scriptures or Confrint. How about Harold Camping?
Those are some tough choices. The last two clearly do not preach the same as St. Clement, St. Ignatius nor any of their teachers- the Apostles.
Maybe I'll open up my own congregation and tell everyone I'm a Minister.
lol

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

If you are perfect god, how could you create a realm of such imperfection? Wouldn't that be YOUR fault?

Silence.

I have so many questions god, and humans kill each other over believing they have the answers. Why don't YOU speak direct to all humans and other animals so that we can understand for sure why we are suffering?

Silence

It seems as though I'm talking to my self. Maybe you really don't exist god.

More silence.

tongue-in-cheek

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If a god had asked me if I wanted to wander away from the perfect abode of the god knowing that if I did wander I would suffer, I would have said "No thank you god. I will stay where I'm safe. I really don't want to have to be born as a baby that starves to death and whose little body first suffers from disease caused by malnutrition. And I really don't want to be a little girl that is molested by a serial killer and then murdered for his satisfaction.
And OH ... by the way god, why DID you call your plan divine?"
~~~

"And OH ... by the way god, why DID you call your plan divine?"

And answers God...MY PLAN WAS DIVINE....AND PERFECT .. TIL

..SATAN AND EVIL MEN ...ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT IT.

~~~
Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.

In the world ye shall have tribulation:

but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ones when you discover yourself
yes
you will say did i rest..no
i can't sleep..not any more

who am I..
i don't know yet fully

if i know
i will remove all of you
who say that
not me
i just wrote what stay in mind

now you need know about confusion delusion
please tell
did you know
who turn everybody against everybody
where is that place

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you no joy in your life? No peace? No contentment?
I receive great pleasure out of irritating those in religion who believe they have been dipped by one or another god in a deep well of holiness.

A woman once asked my why I put those in religion down. I told her I was not trying to put them down, I was trying to bring them down.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
"And OH ... by the way god, why DID you call your plan divine?"
And answers God...MY PLAN WAS DIVINE....AND PERFECT .. TIL
..SATAN AND EVIL MEN ...ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT IT.
~~~
In case you hadn't noticed ... your specialized theologians taught that your god uses Satan as his helper to burn god's rejects in hell for eternity.

Your god doesn't hate Satan ... so why should YOU?

Silly dogmas!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Satan has a DIVINE purpose. He keeps god's home-fires burning.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

who="OldJG" Can you imagine such heresy?
Catholic Tradition is More Safe to Follow Than the Bible
"Like two sacred rivers flowing from paradaise, the Bible and divine tradition contain the word of God, the precious gems of revealed truths. Though these two divine streams are in themselves, on acount of their divine origin, of equal sacredness, and are both full of revealed truths, still of the two, tradition is to us more clear and safe." Catholic Belief, by Joseph Faa di Bruno, p 45.
Shows where their allegiance is...
KM
From the Catechism;

II. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TRADITION AND SACRED SCRIPTURE

One common source...

80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal."40 Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".41

... two distinct modes of transmission

81 "Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit."42

"And [Holy] Tradition transmits in its entirety the Word of God which has been entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit. It transmits it to the successors of the apostles so that, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, they may faithfully preserve, expound and spread it abroad by their preaching."43

82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, "does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence."44

120 It was by the apostolic Tradition that the Church discerned which writings are to be included in the list of the sacred books.90 This complete list is called the canon of Scripture. It includes 46 books for the Old Testament (45 if we count Jeremiah and Lamentations as one) and 27 for the New.91

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I receive great pleasure out of irritating those in religion who believe they have been dipped by one or another god in a deep well of holiness.
A woman once asked my why I put those in religion down. I told her I was not trying to put them down, I was trying to bring them down.
~~~

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep...."traditions" to Catholics, trump the Word of God...da pope said it....
Where did 'da pope' say traditions trump the Word of God?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

no
you can't even if you want

please tell me
did you know where is first eden=perfection
after that we have how many times
1 2 3

because of that

tell me
why you go against poor woman ahhhhh

i liked have cold shower over my self as i could
not will be good in my condition
not at all
don't cry when i died
but try find first Eden

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I wonder ... if Satan told god that he wanted to resign from his position as the one and only cremator in the hereafter, if god would accept his resignation?

After all ... god needs an evil entity to stomach burning all those souls for eternity, and it is my guess that not every evil entity is up to doing THAT nasty job.

Maybe I should ask the new pope what he believes. My guess is, even if god doesn't talk to the pope direct, the pope will go to the bible and come out with the absolute truth.

It's been done before ... many times before ... you just have to take the popes' words for it ... or not.

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

who care for woman after all
you
i don't think so
you just talking

don't asked me
you need discover
where is first Eden here on earth

i can't help you
nooo
because of that please don't blame womans no
nothing to do with womans
no

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

To the small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify we give the name knowledge.

Ambrose Bierce
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Catechism;
II. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TRADITION AND SACRED SCRIPTURE
One common source...
80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal."40 Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".41
... two distinct modes of transmission
81 "Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit."42
"And [Holy] Tradition transmits in its entirety the Word of God which has been entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit. It transmits it to the successors of the apostles so that, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, they may faithfully preserve, expound and spread it abroad by their preaching."43
82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, "does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence."44
120 It was by the apostolic Tradition that the Church discerned which writings are to be included in the list of the sacred books.90 This complete list is called the canon of Scripture. It includes 46 books for the Old Testament (45 if we count Jeremiah and Lamentations as one) and 27 for the New.91
I gave her several posts and several links last year explaining Tradition.

She's not interested in finding out what we really teach.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you hadn't noticed ... your specialized theologians taught that your god uses Satan as his helper to burn god's rejects in hell for eternity.
Your god doesn't hate Satan ... so why should YOU?
Silly dogmas!
~~~

GOD DOES NOT USE SATAN...SATAN USES PEOPLE SUCH AS YOU TO DO HIS evil WORK..

ALL GOD HAS TO DO FOR THEM THAT DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIM..

Is step back and do nothing...

God will not violate your will

You pack your own lunch...and you will eat it...later

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I just don't see how 'seeking the truth' can go hand-in-hand with unquestioning faith.

Author unknown

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means."

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder ... if Satan told god that he wanted to resign from his position as the one and only cremator in the hereafter, if god would accept his resignation?
After all ... god needs an evil entity to stomach burning all those souls for eternity, and it is my guess that not every evil entity is up to doing THAT nasty job.
Maybe I should ask the new pope what he believes. My guess is, even if god doesn't talk to the pope direct, the pope will go to the bible and come out with the absolute truth.
It's been done before ... many times before ... you just have to take the popes' words for it ... or not.
Satan is a CREATED ANGEL...

THE BLOOD OF JESUS DOES NOT COVER THE SINS OF ANGELS.

Angels have no redemption...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,421 - 419,440 of530,354
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

442 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min ChristineM 223,313
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 717,190
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min ChromiuMan 5,185
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Guess whooo 114,699
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min AussieBobby 255,765
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 13 min gikoooo4 349
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 25 min Throbbing 142
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 171,520
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr aalw 110