Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
419,361 - 419,380 of 533,577 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Can anyone possibly believe this?

"It is absolutely necessary that the Christian community be subject in all things to the Sovereign Pontiff if it wishes to be a part of the divinely-established society founded by our Redeemer." Pope Pius XII, Orientalis Ecclesiae, quoted in "Acta Apostolicae Sedis", 36:129, Rome: Vatican Press,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 4: "The Book of Christians", Chapter 4: "There is No Allegiance to Christ Without Submission to the Pope").
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Can you imagine such heresy?

Catholic Tradition is More Safe to Follow Than the Bible

"Like two sacred rivers flowing from paradaise, the Bible and divine tradition contain the word of God, the precious gems of revealed truths. Though these two divine streams are in themselves, on acount of their divine origin, of equal sacredness, and are both full of revealed truths, still of the two, tradition is to us more clear and safe." Catholic Belief, by Joseph Faa di Bruno, p 45.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The keys that were given are the Old and New Testaments that point to Christ not Peter or the Popes.
AMEN

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Eight Characteristics of Hyper-Fundamentalism

Dr. Kevin Bauder of Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Minneapolis.————————

First, hyper-fundamentalists often understand fundamentalism in terms of loyalty to an organization, movement, or even leader. They equate the defense of the faith with the prosperity of their organization or its leader. Someone who criticizes or contradicts it is subjected to censure or separation.

Second, hyper-fundamentalists sometimes adopt a militant stance regarding some extrabiblical or even antibiblical teaching.[He sites KJV-onlyism as an example.]…When individuals become militant over such nonbiblical teachings, they cross the line into hyper-fundamentalism.

Third, hyper-fundamentlists understand separation in terms of guilt by association. To associate with someone who holds any error constitutes an endorsement of that error….

Fourth, hyper-fundamentalists are marked by an inability to receive criticism. For them, questioning implies weakness or compromise. Any criticism — especially if it is offered publicly — constitutes an attack….

A fifth characteristic of hyper-fundamentalism is anti-intellectualism. Some hyper-fundamentalists view education as detrimental to spiritual well-being…. Colleges, when they exist, are strictly for the purpose of practical training.

Sixth, hyper-fundamentalists sometimes turn nonessentials into tests of fundamentalism. For example, some hyper-fundamentalists assume that only Baptists should be recognized as fundamentalists…. One’s fundamentalist standing may be judged by such criteria as hair length, musical preferences, and whether one allows women to wear trousers.

Seventh, hyper-fundamentalists occasionally treat militant political involvement as a criterion for fundamentalist standing. During the 1960s and 1970s, anticommunism was a definitive factor for some fundamentalists. Its place has now been taken by antiabortion and antihomosexual activism. Most fundamentalists do agree about these issues, but hyper-fundamentalists make militant activism a necessary obligation of the Christian faith.

Eight and last, hyper-fundamentalists sometimes hold a double standard for personal ethics. They see themselves engaged in an ecclesiastical war, and they reason that some things are permissible in a warfare that would not be permissible in ordinary life. They may employ name-calling, half-truths, and innuendo as legitimate weapons. They may excuse broken promises and political backstabbing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Much of this would also apply to HyperCatholicism

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

John Wesley is largely credited, along with his brother Charles Wesley, as founding the Methodist movement
Wesley's contribution as a theologian was to propose a system of opposing theological stances. His greatest theological achievement was his promotion of what he termed "Christian Perfection", or holiness of heart and life. Wesley held that, in this life, Christians could come to a state in which the love of God, or perfect love, reigned supreme in their hearts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
And what did Christ do with those keys?
What did Peter do with those keys?
Well, lets just say Pope Francis, the 266th Bishop of Rome has them now.
-
-
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No,no no Clay when you will you get it? Jesus said I will give YOU the Keys when he was talking to Peter and then he said, "Just Kidding!" but the Catholics took that verse out or he didnt really mean Peter he was calling them all insignificant pebbles. Its probably on bibleliteministries. ;0 Or we could take one of the over dozen Protestants in here who have put the real deal on what the keys really mean.
In Israel the King had 12 ministers. One of those held the keys. In the absence of the King he held authority. All Rabbis had authority to bind and loose collectively holding the keys, but not to the exclusion of the key holder. The very same way the Church funcions. This was an office. It was understood by the Jews. It was an office that had a successor. It could be torn away and it was when the one who held it did wrong. It seems they wish to demote Jesus to prime Minister.
Good night big day of work tomorrow.
-
-
You don't realize what you just said, do you?
-
This was an office.
It was understood by the Jews.
It was an office that had a successor.
It could be torn away and it was when the one who held it did wrong.
-
-
when the one who held it did wrong.
-
So. Let's see:
It's OK to shelter pedophiles.
It's OK to sanction torture.
It's OK to wage war in the name of God.
It's OK to order an inquisition.
It's OK to sign concordat with Hitler.
-
Because according to you Catholics, there has been an unbroken chain of Popes all the way down to Christ.
-
yeah, Dust Storm, when will you get it?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aretha123 wrote:
John Wesley is largely credited, along with his brother Charles Wesley, as founding the Methodist movement
Wesley's contribution as a theologian was to propose a system of opposing theological stances. His greatest theological achievement was his promotion of what he termed "Christian Perfection", or holiness of heart and life. Wesley held that, in this life, Christians could come to a state in which the love of God, or perfect love, reigned supreme in their hearts
Nice, but don't the methodist allow women leaders and homosexuals?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Good questions guest! Blessings
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

your any office not exist for me
nooooooooooo
all of you against me and my family

now
who told you that you pray to me

satanic evil people is long time in matrix

now
you not believe that you speak with me
liars

evil people feed themself od dobrih dusa
iskoristene dobre duse koje patu koje vi svi nijecete progonite i lazete
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, who besides you believes that "you" are an expert at editorializing the bible?
???
I don't "editorialize" the interpretation of the bible which is the "bible only method" of personal opinionizing sacred scripture (TO THEIR OWN DEMISE AND DESTRUCTION)(making it mean ONLY what they want it to mean"!!!! "Been there--and done that" for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before coming to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church....... The fact is June, that it was the Early Church Fathers who initiate, formed and compiled the Canon of Scripture in 382,393 and 397 who gave us the bible and also gave us the "correct and authentic interpretation...... That is why Paul, in I Timothy 3:15 calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation the the TRUTH!! God is not, never has been, nor ever will be, the author of your bible only contradiction, inconsistency, conflicting confusion and chaos!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

nobody wage war in name of god nooooo

now
you are who hukovic guest
what a shame
numbers
symbols
jao..who can sleep
kad se neko krije onda se krije iza coskas
cosak to ti je kut
vise verzija opet isto izracunala isti result sa svih strana see
geometrijski ono su to lijepo izradili a ova slova oh da te dragi bog sacuva
samo ludi kome svasta pada napamet more nac
a tako bas lijepo
kako je lijepo znat
po cemu bi to bilo lijepo znat
po nicem
kakav je to osjecaj
ziv si a izgledas ko mrtvac
ko strasilo
da mi dragi bog oprosti

sva srica onaj telephone iz one kuce..jao
sad nevolim ovaj niti volim ovu kuci
ajde im objasni rece da si lud
kud mene zapade e pa bas
smjesnog naroda a meni se place svaki dan
jao onih svijetala i prozora
symbola
nema razlike od starih symbola
i nove geometrije
jao onih zgrada i struje i boxa ko u bangladesu kad prodes izmedu zgrada da te dragi bog sacuva

eno tamo gdje sam klekla eno onako izgleda
sto ces reci nije
e pa svasta nevjere
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look in the right places, the lies are easy to spot.
When I studied the bible for years, I spotted the inconsistencies. That's why I believed and still believe that it was and is ... a WASH.
No my friend! It is the Protestant "deception, heresy and mis-interpretation of the bible, since the Reformation,(as well as) the "covering up" and manipulating the TRUTH of over 1500 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY that is "easy to spot". I have studied authenticated, proven, verifiable and accurate Church History from the most credible historians for over 4 years of University and pre-seminary theology so I know what I am talking about. The "multiple inconsistencies" that you speak of come from the 16th century, initiated by Martin Luther, extending to Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Petri, Calvin, Cranmer, Flacius, Hedio, Beza, Paleario, Tyndale, Vadian, Viret and on and on and on until we now have over 42,000 contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent "Relative Truth" Protestant denominations EACH ONE CLAIMING that they possess the truth!! There has, is and can be "only one TRUTH"! And THAT TRUTH has, is and will continue to be grounded in over 2000 years of PROVEN Biblical and historical TRUTH
handed down by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--in and through His One (and only one TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church--THE bRIDE OF CHRIST!!!
!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

wrote there on floor hoj poj=i past today there
and see 147 i been theree hay st

i left church
see i stay there
13.9 1901 died
12.8.1882 died
14.5 1904 died
where stay on left side jesus with heart
and sister on knee mary
yesturday
after 3 rosary prayers
no
i don't pray as they pray
did i say necu
yes so what
but i pray on my way not as they wish
nooooooo
did you say thanks to Father for his Creation thanks to mothers thanks to our redeemer
thanks to holy spirit
on large bad when you pray
on small
two loving heart one remind
deeple from my heart because i love you
did you believe

who watching me yesterday in church 'mind'

who

now why you smart
no you are not
you not tell me about symbols
no
why should be
male stvarcice gledaj nemoj velike
pa ces naci

nevolim ovi moj telephone
no
nenosim sat dosta dugo vrimena znam zasto
nista
joj kako su pogodili prsten
jao
shut up
i am sick of all of you
kud je mene zapalo
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

i am truth not you
god is love
on window wrote
within is love
now love can stay in heart
because your lips as well honesty not worthy you going to posessors as well deciver thats your jesus its not
you are against me and my family
evil people
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

you are against me and my family
posessors and deciverssssssssssss
shut uppppppppppp
i am sick of all you
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

my killers is around meeeeeeeee

you killing god people ones more that you can sit on holy place did you
i kakva je propovjed danas po kome

i tko su sveci i vladari
a tko su oni koje vi progonite sudite i nijecete
niste
neznate kako cete lagat i iskroristavat ljudske duse

nevjerujete vi u nikog i nesluzite nikom
byyyyyyyyyy
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No my friend! It is the Protestant "deception, heresy and mis-interpretation of the bible, since the Reformation,(as well as) the "covering up" and manipulating the TRUTH of over 1500 years of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY that is "easy to spot". I have studied authenticated, proven, verifiable and accurate Church History from the most credible historians for over 4 years of University and pre-seminary theology so I know what I am talking about. The "multiple inconsistencies" that you speak of come from the 16th century, initiated by Martin Luther, extending to Zwingli, Hus, Wycliff, Petri, Calvin, Cranmer, Flacius, Hedio, Beza, Paleario, Tyndale, Vadian, Viret and on and on and on until we now have over 42,000 contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent "Relative Truth" Protestant denominations EACH ONE CLAIMING that they possess the truth!! There has, is and can be "only one TRUTH"! And THAT TRUTH has, is and will continue to be grounded in over 2000 years of PROVEN Biblical and historical TRUTH
handed down by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--in and through His One (and only one TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church--THE bRIDE OF CHRIST!!!
!
So what does that make you?

What does your god say about the other 90% to 95% of humanity who reject your story?

After all -- God's only son tortured and killed to save mankind.

The Roman Catholic Church is put in charge. But 2000 years later, only 5% to 10% of humanity believe your church.

Do you think God is happy with a 5% to 10% success rate -- after killing his only son for this venture?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No my friend! It is the Protestant "deception, heresy and mis-interpretation of the bible,
Religion is all deception! Idolizing your own fantasies doesn't make the fantasies real.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

How do you explain Roman Catholics?

They claim God had his only son killed and put the Roman Catholic Church in charge of making it meaningful.

Yet after over 2000 years, only between 5% to 10% of humanity actually buys into this story enough to practice as taught.

Did God make a mistake?

Was God really striving for a 5% to 10% success rate - for something God himself created?

Or are these fine Catholic folks deluded?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

487 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Buck Crick 224,647
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min sweets2360 722,175
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min true 172,548
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 28 min Smokin Joe 115,620
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Charlie Sheen 256,978
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 36 min golti 4,924
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 54 min Ed Teach 15
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 12 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr reree 86