Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#435213 Apr 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk, tsk....you're a liar, KM.
Couldn't stay away could you? I knew it, I predicted it on this forum 2 months ago that you and Anthony would give up on Father Dye and return to your roots on this forum.

My prophecy came true, as they usually do....

Michael

Canada

#435214 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I did, the difference between me and you is that I don't lie about others on this board. Marge has said repeatedly over the years here that Catholic can't understand scripture because we lack the Spirit. And we all know you and your husband think the same. You want to talk about arrogance, that is the epitome of it...
A couple weeks ago when you made your surprise revisit to this forum you claimed you only came back to say Hi to Clay.

Well! well, now you and ReginaM. are posting again to the crowd on this forum once again. I knew both of you were lurking all the time on this forum while you were away. Couldn't stay away! Its much more fun over here......right?.......right!

Too boring over on the catholic answers forum where everyone holding hands crying and singing KUM-BY-YA...(lol)

Next Gened and Sophie will return......

UNBELIEVABLE!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#435215 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In your own perception, are you a Christian sinner, or are you all washed up, making you spiffy clean and ever so holy???
:)
it's a fair question and i'm more than willing to answer, but before i do and once again have my pearls trampled, could you please tell me if ANY answer could change your current antichrist position?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#435216 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are already saved, then you aren't sinning any more.
If you are a sinner, then you haven't been saved.
For "god's" sake ... make up your mind.
ooops never mind! i see that a good bro/sis is already working with you, but you're choosing to be a pig-head.....:(

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#435217 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
June my dear lady, I'm not taking your bait. Please dangle it in front of someone else. Thanks.
I can't ... sorry. Others are also fed up with me, so I have to be fair to all and dangle it in front of you as well.

You wouldn't want me to be like your god and play favorites ... would you???

Quesnel, Canada

#435218 Apr 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a fair question and i'm more than willing to answer, but before i do and once again have my pearls trampled, could you please tell me if ANY answer could change your current antichrist position?:)
My anti-religious stance is not likely to change.

Please allow me to trample on your pearls ... swine that I am.

Pigs have feelings TOO you know.

Quesnel, Canada

#435219 Apr 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple weeks ago when you made your surprise revisit to this forum you claimed you only came back to say Hi to Clay.
Well! well, now you and ReginaM. are posting again to the crowd on this forum once again. I knew both of you were lurking all the time on this forum while you were away. Couldn't stay away! Its much more fun over here......right?.......right!
Too boring over on the catholic answers forum where everyone holding hands crying and singing KUM-BY-YA...(lol)
UNBELIEVABLE!
It IS fun over here.

So many holy comedians visit this thread.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#435220 Apr 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
UNBELIEVABLE!
~~~

In a forum where there is no controversy ...that forum will eventually die..

Agreement gets boring after a while...when the mind has no challenge...

Even in Marriage opposites attract...and add spice to the relationship...

#435221 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Pigs also thrive on swill and slop and chop...They have few preferences and eat most anything.

The root around in their own waste, unless rings are put in their noses...

some of the are just wild boars ....
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

#435222 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, you're right. Theologians such as you can't be embarrassed by their own theology. You are only embarrassed by the theology believed by others.
It's funny how the ego protects itself from outside influence ... isn't it?
Yes, it is funny how the ego protects itself from outside influence. I agree.

#435223 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pigs also thrive on swill and slop and chop...They have few preferences and eat most anything.
The root around in their own waste, unless rings are put in their noses...
some of the are just wild boars ....
I have seen a Farmer control a humungous Boar hog with a short length of fodder twine tied to it's hind leg...

He made the Big Hog go in any direction he wanted it to....

just as the devil controls some people.

#435224 Apr 24, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
So in your opinion Jesus was just foolin' around when He gave them to St. Peter...
One more reason why you have no authority.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL power is given unto ME in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Would you suggest that Jesus came to empower THE CHURCH, but put all its strength in the hands of ONE mortal man?

Jesus gave the commission to ALL the Apostles.

Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent THEM into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for THEM also which shall believe on me through THEIR word;
Joh 17:21 That THEY ALL may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US; (SO) THAT THE WORLD MAY BELIEVE THAT THOU HAST SENT ME.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given THEM; that THEY may be one, even AS WE ARE ONE:
Joh 17:23 I in them (not in the pope), and thou in me, that THEY may be made perfect IN ONE; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved THEM, as thou hast loved ME.

Notice the plurals. Not 'his', but 'theirs'. When the other Apostles preached and worked miracles, Peter was not there to hold their hands. Paul met JESUS (not the Pope...or even Peter) on the road to Damascus.

The Holy Ghost was given to empower ALL that believe...not Peter alone. Even the women in the upper room were baptized in the Holy Ghost.

I've never been close to the Pope...but I HAVE HEARD FROM JESUS, AND HE HAS TAUGHT ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW. If I had to wait on the Pope, I would just have to be left out.

KayMarie

#435225 Apr 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I have seen a Farmer control a humungous Boar hog with a short length of fodder twine tied to it's hind leg...
He made the Big Hog go in any direction he wanted it to....
just as the devil controls some people.
~~~
According to the Bible
Pigs/swine are also susceptible to demon possession...

Mat_8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

Mat_8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#435226 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, i see that the DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS sign is up at the zoo today;)

believing that Goodness is Personified in Christ is the first & only Godly choice a human can make and you're failing miserably.

why would anyone trust someone who doesn't like Goodness/God???

Location hidden

#435227 Apr 24, 2013
who="Oxbow"]042
Sheep dip!!!!!
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
So THAT's where the keys are! HE still has them. That's what I thought all along!
KayMarie
He does....and will!!!!

Location hidden

#435228 Apr 24, 2013
192 639
<quoted text>
~~~
If you supposed to be defending the word of God...
The Word says..
Mat_5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
O.K...How is this: Yea, yea; Nay, nay.....Mind telling me how this addresses his comments regarding his pope????
Ella

Rockford, MI

#435229 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Catechism;
II. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TRADITION AND SACRED SCRIPTURE
One common source...
80 "Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out from the same divine well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal."40 Each of them makes present and fruitful in the Church the mystery of Christ, who promised to remain with his own "always, to the close of the age".41
... two distinct modes of transmission
81 "Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit."42
"And [Holy] Tradition transmits in its entirety the Word of God which has been entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit. It transmits it to the successors of the apostles so that, enlightened by the Spirit of truth, they may faithfully preserve, expound and spread it abroad by their preaching."43
82 As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, "does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from the holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence."44
120 It was by the apostolic Tradition that the Church discerned which writings are to be included in the list of the sacred books.90 This complete list is called the canon of Scripture. It includes 46 books for the Old Testament (45 if we count Jeremiah and Lamentations as one) and 27 for the New.91
I cannot believe you could post that nonsense. Read Revelation 22:18-19. And I will also remind you, that its the traditions of man that make the Word of God of no effect.

Location hidden

#435230 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You were given the teaching but rejected it because you wanted to get married a second and third time. God gave us free will, you used yours. Good luck.
Why do Catholics allow tradition to trump the Bible???

Quote: And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

In this case...it would kill the cash cow called Annulment.....
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435231 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no authority to declare who has the Spirit and who does not.
Agreed. No one has such authority. It's all just faith and opinion.
Ella

Rockford, MI

#435232 Apr 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no authority to declare who has the Spirit and who does not.
Marge never said she had authority, but it is obvious from your posts that the Holy Spirit does not live in you. You appear to lack knowledge and understanding of sacred scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Brian_G 286,095
American women are f..ked, they priced themselv... (Sep '10) 22 min Jim 12
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 59 min Neville Thompson 1,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 979,465
MIELE SERVIS Merter (2I2) 2O2 62 35 ) 2O2 62 33... 1 hr birimariza 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Brian_G 619,222
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web