Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,962)

Showing posts 419,221 - 419,240 of511,735
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Adam out of the earth, and Eve out of Adam's rib.
That means that Adam had sex with his own rib.
Now THAT is an original sin.
:)
You would think after 70 years one would have been aware of this,
Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep just think about it...you are one of ADAN'S rebellious rebel rousing ribs.

'Aint ya jest plum proud o yerself'.jest....dieing ta keep the covenant

He made with the devil...

the shortest poem about Adam and demons..

"Adam had em.."
confrinting

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay...since about 1975 some Catholics are speaking in tongues. It started in Harvard.

Maybe you should ask them what is going on?

You should be afraid to mock God. The Bible YOU say that the CC gave us directs that operation.

If you want to mock me, I can take it...but please don't mock Him just to try to knock me down.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I surly don't take much to set you off does it...
Are you sure you don't work at "cracker keg "... ER CRACKER BARREL
you sure have a short fuse...
And
Now Kay Marie is in control...RIGHT...Since she made you blow YOUR TOP!...
LOL
"it sure don't take much to set you off"

Actually, it does. You posted this false crap about 800 times. I think I showed remarkable restraint if it took me til 801 to 'blow my top'
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

confrinting wrote:
who="Religion - A Delusion"
A delusion should at least be reasonable.
How is it not blasphemy by claiming the Creator of the Universe is somehow "jealous" and "envious" of its own creation?
If you had a fish tank, would you ever have reason to get jealous and envious of your fish?
Of course not. It is equally unreasonable to claim God get jealous and envious of us.
And compared to God, we humans are much, much lower than your fish.
Get it yet? Stop the blasphemy!
God is not jealous OF us, but jealous FOR us. He objects to anything that wounds us or reduces us from the good plans He has for us.
KayMarie
That's the first time I have heard of being jealous FOR someone else.

You just invented that I bet.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You read the complete Scripture...
Luther and the pope read the complete scripture, and what an impression they made on the people.

Hatered ... raw and brutal was the result.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

confrinting wrote:
Clay...since about 1975 some Catholics are speaking in tongues. It started in Harvard.
The wish to behave as monkey see, monkey do, is common among "followers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech

It doesn’t usually come unbidden—most people who speak in tongues have wanted to do so for some time, and have viewed it as an essential part of giving oneself up to God.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and the pope read the complete scripture, and what an impression they made on the people.
Hatered ... raw and brutal was the result.
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep just think about it...you are one of ADAN'S rebellious rebel rousing ribs.
'Aint ya jest plum proud o yerself'.jest....dieing ta keep the covenant
He made with the devil...
the shortest poem about Adam and demons..
"Adam had em.."
Adam and Eve had sex in the garden
Eve played with Adam and gave him a hard-on
Hence that fun-filled day women did pray
That God would give THEM an Adam

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve had sex in the garden
Eve played with Adam and gave him a hard-on
Hence that fun-filled day women did pray
That God would give THEM an Adam

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Those in religion are often arrogant in the belief that they are NEEDED in one or another part of the world to convert people to their own religious dogmas.

Following is an example.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Canadian Quotations, edited by John Robert Colombo … Published 2006

Religion

Thou shalt go forth to Upper Canada and shalt find a prepared people and they shall receive thee.

Herbert C. Kimball, elder in the newly formed Mormon church in upstate New York, April 1836, dispatching Elder Parley P. Pratt to carry the church’s mission to Toronto. John Taylor, one of his converts, became the church’s third president, following the death of Brigham Young, the second prophet, in 1877. The sentence above comes from the plaque on the Mississauga Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Black Creek area of Toronto, August 2000.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

To some women penises are "tinker-toys."

And tinker-toys are not evil. Well at least not unless they are attached to a heretic.

confrinting

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
"it sure don't take much to set you off"
Actually, it does. You posted this false crap about 800 times. I think I showed remarkable restraint if it took me til 801 to 'blow my top'

Not so, Clay. Your response was to me. I haven't posted ANY crap, nor have I posted anything 800 times.

Your post was anything but restrained...

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
And that a Jew would be in a Catholic wafer is the best joke of all time.
Catholicism is Judaism fulfilled. There are too many references of the Eucharist in the OT to count.

Here is a couple: "Behold, I will rain bread from Heaven for you and the people shall go out and gather a days portion that i may test them whether they will walk in my law or not" Exodus 16:4

Exodus 16:16 They saw the flake like substance on the ground; not knowing what it was until Moses said "it is the bread which the Lord has given you to eat"

Exodus 16:31 "the house of Israel called its name 'Manna'; it was like a coriander seed,white,and the taste of it was like wafers made of honey"

NT

John 6:31
"Our fathers ate the Manna in the wilderness; as it is written (exodus 16:31)'He gave them bread from Heaven to eat' Jesus then said to them, "Truly I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from Heaven; My Father gives you the true bread from Heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down from Heaven, and gives life to the world...'Jesus said to them, "I am the Bread of life"

Revelation 2:17
"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the Churches. To him who conquers, i will give him some of the HIDDEN MANNA, and i will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone which no one knows accept him who receives it"

The Eucharist is the hidden manna. It is Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God; bread from Heaven.

Catholicbible101.com/theeucharist.htm
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let's put it this way, Clay; i don't wanna be in your shoes on judgement day for siding with Rome and all her associated martydom's, versus siding with the persecuted Body of Christ!
even your "Eucharist" is a blasphemous attmept to crucify the Lord afresh with every cermony!
you won't be able to say that this wasn't spelled out for you many many many times.....
If I had a dollar for every time one of you fundies condemned me to hell, I could by my own building and call it a church. I could by a couple bibles and stick a cross on the outside and say im a minister. THEN, i could cast you to hell!! lol

For the record, Catholics do not 'crucify the Lord afresh with every ceremony'

Maybe you ought to learn what Catholics really believe? Did that thought ever cross your mind??
Are you afraid of learning what the Church actually believes? Or would you rather stay comfortably ignorant??

You won't be able to plug your ears and say 'la la la la la la' your whole life man.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism is Judaism fulfilled.
Hahahahahahaha

Ann Coulter claims that Christians are "perfected" Jews.

That means that had Jesus lived, he would first have had to become a Christian so that he could in that round-about way become a perfected Jew.

You people are class acts of comedy.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism is Judaism fulfilled.
So then the "object" IS to be a Jew in the end ... NOT a Catholic ... RIGHT???

If you want to follow a Jewish savior, you best not refer to your self as Catholic.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Hypnosis works wonders those who are hypnotized.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech

I’m not trying to argue that speaking in tongues is totally meaningless: it can have profound effects on both those who perform it and the audience—it’s just that these owe nothing to the so-called words.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Back when I was testing the waters concerning different "tellers of truth, and nothing BUT the truth," I went with an elderly woman of the Christian faith to listen to the words of this supposed wonderful preacher.

A couple of people were "talking in tongues." What a performance!

I never went back for another round of that "specialty."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The Jehovah's witnesses have it all figured out. They pray to the right son Jehovah of the Jewish God Elohim.

But the troubling part is, they refer to their selves as Christians rather than Jews.

It seems they also believe they have to take the long round about road to arrive back home with the Jewish God.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha
Ann Coulter claims that Christians are "perfected" Jews.
That means that had Jesus lived, he would first have had to become a Christian so that he could in that round-about way become a perfected Jew.
You people are class acts of comedy.
What i said was the truth. If someones going to be a Christian, you have to recognize how Judaism flowed into Catholicism. The Apostles clearly taught this. I'm not sure why you keep ranting about Jesus being a Jew, so he couldnt have started Christianity??

There is literally too much Biblical and historical evidence to show how Judaism became Catholicism. Grant it, not all Jews see it that way. Oh well, they can still look for the Messiah I guess...

Ann Coulter is not a spokesperson for Christianity. She has nothing in common with the Catholic faith as far as theology goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,221 - 419,240 of511,735
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

532 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,461
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Sheilaa 109,401
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 168,947
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 24 min Zack 35
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 47 min -USA-1 37,813
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Ar aR 216,391
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Harrison Freebird 52,449
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 250,282
teen snapchat nudes 2 hr casher_98 105