Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,960)

Showing posts 419,181 - 419,200 of512,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you.
I gotta admit, your following quote is troubling:
"Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith, and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works...you'll never make it"
I don't get it. That doesn't seem like something the Apostles would tell people. If that is your motto, its not good. I believe that mentality ushered in the problems our society has today. Everyone seems to boast they're 'saved' while hustling money and pimping hoes.
If you were to tell your niece that, and she turns from the Eucharist, you are going to be held responsible for that. This teaching of yours is against Jesus Christ. Its new and strange, Chuck.
Does your son take the eucharist Clay..if he doesn't what happens to him? Has he been baptized...if he hasn't what happens to him?

**Teach my niece repentance and faith in Christ. What a terrible thing....

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Science teaches that in utero life in a woman is created from the woman's ovum and the male's sperm that in turn results in the first cell of what will become if allowed a human baby.

Cows and horses and monkeys and other mammals have babies by the same process.

There's nothing special about humans. Humans however ARE far more ignorant and arrogant than are the other animals.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Christmas tree
The Christmas tree is still one of the Western world’s most beloved symbols, although it had no meaning in the Judeo-Christian context but was drawn almost entirely from pagan tree worship. Preserved through the centuries in central Europe, it was unknown in English-speaking countries until after 1840, when Prince Albert the German bridegroom of Queen Victoria, brought the custom from his native land to England. The Teutonic Christmas tree dated back to Yule celebrations, along with the candles, gifts, and sacrificial pig with an apple in its mouth. But there were pagan elements from southern Europe also. Certain priest of Attis called dendrophori,“tree-bearers,” annually selected a pine tree from the sacred grove (pinea silva) to carry the effigy of the god into his Roman temple. The dendrophori were charged with the duty of setting up and decorating the tree, upon which the god was presented for sacrifice.(1) Perhaps this was the origin of the custom of hanging small male effigies, such as gingerbread men, on the Christmas tree.
Like all evergreens, such as the holly and ivy, the pine tree stood for a promise of eternal life because it kept its vital appearance even when other plants died off during the winter. Naturally this applied only to the living pine tree, lighted and decorated in the woods where it stood. Trees that were cut and brought indoors would soon become brown and dead, thus contradicting the symbolic meaning.
1. Vermaseren, 115.
There is also scriptural support - Jeremiah 10:1-5

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Ex-Jew Catholics didn't only massacre the Jews. They tried in vain to massacre the religion of the Jews.

There ought to be a law against such horrors, but once the religious blight got started, it gathered more and more lies in its path of destruction, and it's unfortunate that the end is nowhere in "sight."
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic hierarcy was and is real. The god was and is imaginary and only exists as do all gods ... in imaginations.

I think you got that backwards. God is real and the Catholic hierarchy suffer from vain imaginations.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Adam out of the earth, and Eve out of Adam's rib.
That means that Adam had sex with his own rib.
Now THAT is an original sin.
:)
Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

blasphemy: vilification (especially against God):--blasphemy, evil speaking, railing.

vilification: a rude expression intended to offend or hurt;

For the sake of your soul, I pray that God will not view your vomit in the same light I do...
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
To science, not even the bark of a tree or a drop of pond water is dull or a handful of dirt banal. They all arouse awe and wonder.
Jane Jacobs
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Now THAT is an original sin.
You would think after 70 years one would have been aware of this,

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

i guess Clay pooped-out on me. maybe i was making too much sense?:-(

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
blasphemy: vilification (especially against God):--blasphemy, evil speaking, railing.
vilification: a rude expression intended to offend or hurt;
For the sake of your soul, I pray that God will not view your vomit in the same light I do...
WOW ... your sermons are very impressive ... at least to those in your cult.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you got that backwards. God is real and the Catholic hierarchy suffer from vain imaginations.
Now how can I tell that you are a Protestant and are certain that you know that bible inside out, backwards and forwards without so much as a hesitation?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
i guess Clay pooped-out on me. maybe i was making too much sense?:-(
What brand of sense do YOU practise that makes you so holey?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

If only these theological wizards would agree, I might have faith that I could follow any one of them and would be assured of finding eternal bliss.

But as their bickering shatters my faith in the idea that through their words I will find enlightenment, I perceive it's quite unlikely that a deity gave them wisdom.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The brahmins preach quite the dogma. I just wonder about their sermons claiming that others in their groups are "untouchable."

There's something quite unsettling about the issue.

It smacks too much about the theological teaching that being holy is the opposite of being evil.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Now it happens that inconsistencies and puzzles in science are like oxygen to my blood! My entire philosophy of science is predicated on the motto that anomalies are gateways to discovery.

Rand Flem-Ath

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Theology 101

"Well, now that my physical body has died, I'm here God. How are you going to judge me? Am I holy, or am I evil?"

"You're evil, so you must burn in hell."

"Don't I have any day in court?"

"NO ... I am God ... I have the final say."

"Then you're a bully. On earth I could hire a lawyer and at least have a chance of being set free."

"The devil is my lawyer, so shut up and get busy burning."

"Now I know why I should have been a modern Pagan. The goddess that loves every body would never have treated me this way."

"I am God, and I did away with the goddess years ago. She was nothing but a subservient female that got in my way."

"I want to go back to earth."

"You can't. I am the god of the Jews, and I rule all of the universe."

"PLEASE ... HAVE MERCY ... I DON'T WANT TO BURN FOR ETERNITY."

SIZZLE ... SIZZLE ... SIZZLE ...

Amen

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you,
YEEEEESSSS???... you were saying ... GOD's faithful helper???

Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is allowed to register in their thinking but their religious indoctrinations.
It applies to those in all cults who believe they will be rewarded with bliss and ONLY bliss for behaving comparable to trained seals on earth.
Trained seals with "free will."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The "wild" settlers were all Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Actually, the Mounted Police were formed to protect the Indians from the wild settlers.

Pierre Berton
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Literally.
"Instead of being tortured mercilessly for eternity, you'll now just be lonely. "
- I'll take being lonely.
:o)
Agreed. I'd take lonely too.

The big theological question for the Catholic church is:

... what happens to all the poor souls who were condemned to the old version of Hell? Do they get a transfer?

What does the catechism say?
confrinting

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
thank you.
I gotta admit, your following quote is troubling:
"Clay, repent and receive Christ by faith, and stop trying to please God with keeping certain rules and doing good works...you'll never make it"
I don't get it. That doesn't seem like something the Apostles would tell people. If that is your motto, its not good. I believe that mentality ushered in the problems our society has today. Everyone seems to boast they're 'saved' while hustling money and pimping hoes.
If you were to tell your niece that, and she turns from the Eucharist, you are going to be held responsible for that. This teaching of yours is against Jesus Christ. Its new and strange, Chuck.
Someone who belongs to a group known worldwide for molesting boys, I don't think you are in a position to accuse anyone of 'pimping hoes'.
We have an occasional wreck...but it's not wholesale, and most I've known are SAINTS.
KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,181 - 419,200 of512,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

664 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 3 min Jolly 23,831
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 250,418
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min -USA-1 109,737
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,614
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Liam 38,027
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 217,145
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Scrooge 680,623
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr Haydos 272
•••