Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,957)

Showing posts 419,121 - 419,140 of530,032
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

From my opinion, this one is well-worth the time it takes to read it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech

If it sounds all too bizarre, take Jaynes’s favorite example, Homer’s Iliad. This epic poem comes down to us, Jaynes argues, from pre-conscious or bicameral times. He claims that there are almost no examples in the Iliad of anyone acting on his own free will, or making decisions of any kind that aren’t dictated by the gods. They never sit down and decide what to do. When Agamemnon steals Achilles’ mistress, a god warns Achilles not to retaliate. Gods start the quarrels that cause the war, gods plan the strategy, a god leads the armies into battle, a god whispers to Helen, gods do everything. When Achilles reminds Agamemnon that he has stolen his mistress, Agamemnon replies,“Not I was the cause of the act, but Zeus …” The Iliad is only one example: there are many others that can be interpreted as showing that people at that time needed their own auditory hallucinations to act.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Religion is staged puppet-performances, put on in the pretence that a god, or gods are pulling the strings.

Silly stuff in deed.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
The Jehovah's witnesses have it all figured out. They pray to the right son Jehovah of the Jewish God Elohim.
But the troubling part is, they refer to their selves as Christians rather than Jews.
It seems they also believe they have to take the long round about road to arrive back home with the Jewish God.
:)
I'm pretty sure Jehovah Witness's do not call themselves Christian.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text> Now this is from someone that has taken due diligence in research and not just spewing propaganda.
I appreciate the comment thanks

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What i said was the truth. If someones going to be a Christian, you have to recognize how Judaism flowed into Catholicism. The Apostles clearly taught this. I'm not sure why you keep ranting about Jesus being a Jew, so he couldnt have started Christianity??
There is literally too much Biblical and historical evidence to show how Judaism became Catholicism. Grant it, not all Jews see it that way. Oh well, they can still look for the Messiah I guess...
Ann Coulter is not a spokesperson for Christianity. She has nothing in common with the Catholic faith as far as theology goes.
What you posted was your "concept" of truth.

You can post your own opinions, but you can't post for the opinions of all Catholics.

My father was raised a strict Catholic, and when a priest told him that only Catholics could go to "heaven," that was when my father (already disillusioned with the church) parted ways.

Luther was an ex-Catholic, and even though his life was threatened, he chose to disagree with the dogmas of the pope.

From my experience Catholics don't agree on much of anything.

Approximately 38,000 denominations in Christianity alone ought to be a red flag indicating that there are a lot of people telling conflicting stories ... all bragging that they know the true path to eternal bliss.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is staged puppet-performances, put on in the pretence that a god, or gods are pulling the strings.
Silly stuff in deed.
Hey June, I don't suppose you have an alternative scenario on our existence??
It seems some of the stuff the Atheist come up with are just as bizarre as any religion can offer. Their 'theories' if you will, are almost like 'faith' anyway.

If the mathematical probability of life or matter beginning out of nothing is sooo extreme (and it is) why can anyone say irrefutably,'there is no God'.
Face it, the Abrahamic God is not something people want. He requires us to follow some rules, and that don't sit to well with some folks. Especially the modern liberal movement.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann Coulter is not a spokesperson for Christianity. She has nothing in common with the Catholic faith as far as theology goes.
She tells basically the same story as you, only she includes her self as a Protestant Christian, and you lock her out.

She claims Christians are perfected Jews. Your story claims that Catholicism is Judaism fulfilled.

I perceive you are both full of hot air.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already expressed what I believe might be the case ... adding that I won't know until I die what, if anything occurs after death.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems some of the stuff the Atheist come up with are just as bizarre as any religion can offer. Their 'theories' if you will, are almost like 'faith' anyway.
If the mathematical probability of life or matter beginning out of nothing is sooo extreme (and it is) why can anyone say irrefutably,'there is no God'.
Face it, the Abrahamic God is not something people want. He requires us to follow some rules, and that don't sit to well with some folks. Especially the modern liberal movement.
Just as do Atheists, you will believe whatever most suits your taste ... but I don't believe in fortune-telling of the future.

I can't know until something happens what will happen.

Imaginations are not trust-worthy, and have never been trust-worthy. And that from my perception is based on truth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

I hope natives outlast missionaries.

Richard Harrington
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What you posted was your "concept" of truth.
You can post your own opinions, but you can't post for the opinions of all Catholics.
My father was raised a strict Catholic, and when a priest told him that only Catholics could go to "heaven," that was when my father (already disillusioned with the church) parted ways.
Luther was an ex-Catholic, and even though his life was threatened, he chose to disagree with the dogmas of the pope.
From my experience Catholics don't agree on much of anything.
Approximately 38,000 denominations in Christianity alone ought to be a red flag indicating that there are a lot of people telling conflicting stories ... all bragging that they know the true path to eternal bliss.
If a Priest told your father,'only Catholics can go to heaven' then he misspoke or your Dad misunderstood him, or the Priest didn't clarify it.

If you're interested in the truth of what the Catholic Church teaches on salvation, check out:
catholic.com/tracts/salvation-outside-the-chu...

Or go straight to the Catechism chapter 3 article 9 paragraph 3, 819
scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that REALLY hurt. I don't appreciate being left out of your Catholic circle any more than does Jesus the Jew.
:)
The difference is that you (yourself) have "chosen on your own" to (be left out), by willfully, rebelliously and defiantly REJECTING the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His historical and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....Jesus has "always been" the pillar, foundation, the heart, the soul, the spirit, the mind, and the pillar of strength of HIS Church, HIS Universal, HIS Catholic Church..... Your own historically distorted and perverted "personal opinion" of Church History that you have "invented" in your own mind" is nothing more than an extension of "protestant church history propaganda", supported by anti-catholic "editorialist writers such as Clyde Manschreck.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and the pope read the complete scripture, and what an impression they made on the people.
Hatered ... raw and brutal was the result.
I have never....in eighty years....neither heard nor read...where any "atheist" ever "slammed the door shut on the possibility of their salvation....nailed it...welding it...and thereby sealing it shut forever, by genuinely blaspheming the Holy Ghost....

Since they don't believe God exists, what prevents them from "talking the talk and walking the walk"? Why do they "leave the door cracked opened"?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Priest told your father,'only Catholics can go to heaven' then he misspoke or your Dad misunderstood him, or the Priest didn't clarify it.
If you're interested in the truth of what the Catholic Church teaches on salvation, check out:
catholic.com/tracts/salvation-outside-the-chu...
Or go straight to the Catechism chapter 3 article 9 paragraph 3, 819
scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus

Also truth...
Pope Eugene IV, Cantate Domino (1441): "The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the "eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41), unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church."

Proof enough?
There is more...
Pope Boniface VIII, Bull Unam sanctam (1302): "We are compelled in virtue of our faith to believe and maintain that there is only one holy Catholic Church, and that one is apostolic. This we firmly believe and profess without qualification. Outside this Church there is no salvation and no remission of sins...

Once again there are lies told by Catholics.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Pope Pius XII (1939–1958), Allocution to the Gregorian University (17 October 1953): "By divine mandate the interpreter and guardian of the Scriptures, and the depository of Sacred Tradition living within her, the Church alone is the entrance to salvation: She alone, by herself, and under the protection and guidance of the Holy Spirit, is the source of truth."

Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution Lumen gentium, 14: "They could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it, or to remain in it."
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic clergy preach that mercy, love and forgiveness are essential virtues of the catholic church teachings, yet the church leaders condemn, women in church authority, divorced catholics, gay/lesbian people, and nuns who work with and help the poor,and are called radical feminists.
These nuns are better known as Radical "emancipated" feminists who have "bought into" (secular liberal humanism) just like the rest of the majority of the 42,000 contradicting and conflicting "protestant inconsistent denominations"...... Bible only "relative truth" is the basis of their editorialized beliefs, in which each one of their "liberal personal opinions" are the final authority. Natural Law has always been the teachings and doctrine of the TRUTH and the Catholic Church for over 2000 years. NO ONE is forcing "anybody" to belong the the Catholic Church and thee radical nuns are no exception. The teachings of the Catholic Church as not a "matter of each persons opinion" but obedience to the biblical and historical TRUTHS. If people don't like it, then go down the street to the nearest Protestant Church and they will tell these nuns "what they want to hear"!! In tens years, these elderly (post vatican 2) liberal nuns will be "long gone" and replaced by the thousands upon thousands of dedicated young, new vocations who are dedicated to their vocations, to wearing their habits, to the teachings of the Church, to the bible and the Magesterium in bringing people to Jesus Christ (BY THE TRUTH).
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if i'm wrong where did all the gold and silver and land they posses come from? explain how it just happens that the roman army conquered the lands that everything the church owns came from those very same places? coincedence? or devine act?
You've been read "way to many" Protestant "fiction" history books,
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more than content to be left out of all religious cults.
That is why, we, as Catholics, CHOSE to be left out of your "secularized editorial--personal opinionated" beliefs, because they are not much different than the other 42,000 "self interpreting" protestant bible only contradicting "hodge-podge" of confused, conflicting and unreliable beliefs.
"what each person decides--- is the truth-- for themselves"!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been read "way to many" Protestant "fiction" history books,
hey, you agree then we are different from them, since we're Bible only?
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:

Means no-thing. Anyone can go start a new church tomorrow and presto! a new denomination. Many are just regional or cultural. Most all teach the same things. There are said to be as few as 100 in New Zealand and about 900 in Aus.
Just because some have a conflict or may be in error also means little. This is there problem not mine or yours. In fact the Bible tells us the entire world has been deceived. You are deceived and i probably am too about something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 419,121 - 419,140 of530,032
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

567 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Proxy Queen 716,583
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min BenAdam 598,755
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 16 min azka 335
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Strength and Honor 171,450
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Hidingfromyou 223,197
BBM pins Toronto (Mar '12) 34 min that_BadGuy 55
Penis Size 40 min PDX Dave 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Charlie Sheen 255,700
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••