Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435075 Apr 24, 2013
How do you explain Roman Catholics?

They claim God had his only son killed and put the Roman Catholic Church in charge of making it meaningful.

Yet after over 2000 years, only between 5% to 10% of humanity actually buys into this story enough to practice as taught.

Did God make a mistake?

Was God really striving for a 5% to 10% success rate - for something God himself created?

Or are these fine Catholic folks deluded?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#435076 Apr 24, 2013
truth wrote:
wrote there on floor hoj poj=i past today there
and see 147 i been theree hay st
i left church
see i stay there
13.9 1901 died
12.8.1882 died
14.5 1904 died
where stay on left side jesus with heart
and sister on knee mary
yesturday
after 3 rosary prayers
no
i don't pray as they pray
did i say necu
yes so what
but i pray on my way not as they wish
nooooooo
did you say thanks to Father for his Creation thanks to mothers thanks to our redeemer
thanks to holy spirit
on large bad when you pray
on small
two loving heart one remind
deeple from my heart because i love you
did you believe
who watching me yesterday in church 'mind'
who
now why you smart
no you are not
you not tell me about symbols
no
why should be
male stvarcice gledaj nemoj velike
pa ces naci
nevolim ovi moj telephone
no
nenosim sat dosta dugo vrimena znam zasto
nista
joj kako su pogodili prsten
jao
shut up
i am sick of all of you
kud je mene zapalo
Does this poster have enough religion yet?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#435077 Apr 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "editorialize" the interpretation of the bible
You edit out of your view-finder the scriptures that don't suit you, and you place high value on the ones that do suit you.

The moment you lay eyes on words from what you were taught is HOLY, the process fills you with POWER in the attitude that a god is speaking ONLY holy messages to you.

That is self-hypnosis, and it is what caused people to pick up swords and guns and kill their neighbors in the certainty that the god ordained the slaughter.

Words in these supposed holy books are dangerous for society as history proved over and over and over again.

Yet people seeking power from words in those books that they are certain came from "the gods" don't learn to leave the trouble-making words alone as their emotional highs are of the greatest importance to their egos.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#435078 Apr 24, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
How do you explain Roman Catholics?
They claim God had his only son killed and put the Roman Catholic Church in charge of making it meaningful.
Yet after over 2000 years, only between 5% to 10% of humanity actually buys into this story enough to practice as taught.
Did God make a mistake?
Was God really striving for a 5% to 10% success rate - for something God himself created?
Or are these fine Catholic folks deluded?
On the day Christ was crucified, there were only 1 to 2% who remained with Jesus, when a week early, 90% cheered Him with palms.

Also, are you Atheist? If so, why on Earth would you give the chits about our religion if you don't believe it?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#435079 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call yourself a Christian 'till you die if it pleases you, because I don't believe in any of the myths ... but I suggest you don't pretend that a Jew came to earth to save Christians, when the theology of the Jews clearly states that faithful Jews practice only Judaism.
You can only stretch a lie so far before it boomerangs.
~~~

You wrote..

You can call yourself a Christian 'till you die if it pleases you, because I don't believe in any of the myths...

___

You live in your hopeless vacuum ...while,depending upon God.. for the breath you breath...Yet you deny Him...

What will you do when you face Him?

___

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

For we are also his offspring.

All of us have and appointment without option.

~~~~
Rom_3:4 .... yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

____

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435080 Apr 24, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this poster have enough religion yet?
American Theocracy, by Kevin Phillips. Published 2006

If religious extremism is only one large set of bodies in this fringe constellation [of Republican interest groups], it is a powerful one. That is why federal agencies reject scientific reports on ecological, stem cell, contraceptive, and abortion issues. They sponsor not only faith-based social relief, but faith-based war, faith-based science, faith-based education, and faith-based medicine.

______Garry Wills, The New York Review of Books, 2005.

#435081 Apr 24, 2013
who="marge"
Nice, but don't the methodist allow women leaders and homosexuals?

John and Charles Wesley would be conducting an inquisition of sorts. Heads would roll! The 'new Methodist' is not related to them.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435082 Apr 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
On the day Christ was crucified,
I suggest that it's impossible to crucify a myth taught by ex-Jews.

#435083 Apr 24, 2013
who="OldJG" Can you imagine such heresy?
Catholic Tradition is More Safe to Follow Than the Bible
"Like two sacred rivers flowing from paradaise, the Bible and divine tradition contain the word of God, the precious gems of revealed truths. Though these two divine streams are in themselves, on acount of their divine origin, of equal sacredness, and are both full of revealed truths, still of the two, tradition is to us more clear and safe." Catholic Belief, by Joseph Faa di Bruno, p 45.

Shows where their allegiance is...

KM
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435084 Apr 24, 2013
These are scary type of people in deed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

Brewer Joseph Coors—the foundation father, at least in political terms—was closely involved during the 1970s and early 1980s in helping to fund and build four organizations that became linchpins of the GOP’s business-religious axis: the Washington-based Heritage Foundation, the Mountain States Legal Foundation, the council for National Policy (co-founded by preacher and author Tim LaHaye), and, more marginally, the Coalition and the Christian Reconstructionists who believe a theocratic type of government must be built before Jesus will return.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435085 Apr 24, 2013
why god created woman..oh what a about transformation..are you sure heaven=nevaeh is woman or man or can be both in deference time trough history.
now
my uncle usually say cau uuuuuu buuuuuu..
He not speak very well English only if he drink just not to much wine.
Please tell me ..why i am wrong?
Who is on real Creator place?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435086 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
History proved that those who believe in hell, tended to create a miserable existence on earth for others.

Preaching fear does not motivate people to be kind, as it has the exact opposite effect.

You continually pound out scriptures as though they will save mankind from eternal torment.

I suggest you give it and yourself a rest.

Those who want to read the bible already do, and they will glean from the words what suits them ... NOT what suits you.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435087 Apr 24, 2013
History proved that those who believe in hell, tended to create a miserable existence on earth for others.

Preaching fear does not motivate people to be kind to each other, as it has the exact opposite effect.
truth

Perth, Australia

#435088 Apr 24, 2013
delusion..
Please explain..Did God ever be angry?
i walk very angry today trough street..
oh
i see
always see something
what i don't need see
but exist in materialistic form..
How you control that?
Please explain!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435089 Apr 24, 2013
As more theologians come to the fore
Egoes preach their word galore
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

American Theocracy … by Kevin Phillips.

Since at least 1776 the upstart sects have grown as the mainline American denominations have declined. And this trend continues unabated, as new upstarts continue to push to the fore.

Roger Finke and Rodney Stark, The Churching of America, 1992.

#435090 Apr 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching fear does not motivate people to be kind, as it has the exact opposite effect.
You continually pound out scriptures as though they will save mankind from eternal torment.
I suggest you give it and yourself a rest.
Those who want to read the bible already do, and they will glean from the words what suits them ... NOT what suits you.
~~~

I will continue to fulfill my charge that God has give me as a Minister of the Gospel....

Which charge is...

Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435091 Apr 24, 2013
Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435092 Apr 24, 2013
Religions, foreign to us, have been reduced, simply because they are different.

Paul Lawrence Dunbar
truth

Perth, Australia

#435093 Apr 24, 2013
If you make that in geometric but vertical form..how its look 147..
its set up satelite whats worry me..
is that delusion..i mean satelite..for me not
its real in this form as materialistic looking..
now
How you call divine warning?
sense that its going happened..oh
Who how where?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#435094 Apr 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I will continue to fulfill my charge that God has give me as a Minister of the Gospel....
Which charge is...
Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
If you think that insulting others will win them over ... you are wrong.

I already posted to you that I studied the bible for years and that is why I left it behind.

If I wanted to read it, I would do so. And when you keep on harassing with the attitude that I MUST read the scriptures that you cherry pick as golden gems, I just tune out and read what others post.

But, as this is a forum, you are free to keep on keeping on.

Just know that I don't read the scriptures that you send especially for the intent of my conversion to your creed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min youareadufus 47,250
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 52 min HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 3 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 6 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 6 hr Trace 79
More from around the web