Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595984 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434784 Apr 22, 2013
Actually for the most part, humans are jealous of their gods.

My guess is, a Christian would horrified if the supposed father-god welcomed in all the rif raff and made it plain that Christians are not at all special.

That would go over comparable to a lead balloon.

The fun of believing in gods is to be assured that the "I" is special ... RIGHT devout believers?

Prince George, Canada

#434785 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
He is ten, and I'm not sure if he's sinned yet.
OH, It's your job as a good Catholic to make him believe he IS a sinner in the eyes of "god."

That way the hierarchy can hold him in bondage to the dogmas, just as those men hold you in bondage.

At one time the hierarchy needed your money to support their high life-styles ... but now tourism gives them all the money they need. OH ... and I forgot all the businesses they own and manage that brings them wonderful "blessings."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”

Prince George, Canada

#434786 Apr 22, 2013
Of course if all the Catholics abandoned the men in the hierarchy, the church would stick out comparable to a sore thumb.

After all, what is a church without worshippers?

Prince George, Canada

#434787 Apr 22, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Adam out of the earth, and Eve out of Adam's rib.
That means that Adam had sex with his own rib.
Now THAT is an original sin.
:)
You would think after 70 years one would have been aware of this,
Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you have personalized your god, wouldn't you want the god to be jealous of you???
After all, if the god said "Go ahead and believe in Allah, I don't care one way or the other" ... wouldn't you be confused and offended by such an attitude?
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434788 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, It's your job as a good Catholic to make him believe he IS a sinner in the eyes of "god."
That way the hierarchy can hold him in bondage to the dogmas, just as those men hold you in bondage.
At one time the hierarchy needed your money to support their high life-styles ... but now tourism gives them all the money they need. OH ... and I forgot all the businesses they own and manage that brings them wonderful "blessings."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.
How rich is the Vatican?
As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc (Literally: "After this, therefore because of this"): This type of false cause occurs when the writer mistakenly assumes that, because the first event preceded the second event, it must mean the first event caused the later one. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It is the honest writer's job to establish clearly that connection rather than merely assert it exists. Example:

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#434789 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YEEEEESSSS???... you were saying ... GOD's faithful helper???
You read the complete Scripture...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434790 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a pathetic soul, Kay. You are as bad as an actual pedophile because you're deliberately using this evil to trash a group of people to falsely accuse them- with no such statistics other than you and your husbands ridiculous opinion.
Now go and Blah Blah Blah Blah Googy ga ga and tell people you're speaking a language.
~~~

I surly don't take much to set you off does it...

Are you sure you don't work at "cracker keg "... ER CRACKER BARREL

you sure have a short fuse...

And

Now Kay Marie is in control...RIGHT...Since she made you blow YOUR TOP!...

LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434791 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep just think about it...you are one of ADAN'S rebellious rebel rousing ribs.

'Aint ya jest plum proud o yerself'.jest....dieing ta keep the covenant

He made with the devil...

the shortest poem about Adam and demons..

"Adam had em.."
confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#434792 Apr 22, 2013
Clay...since about 1975 some Catholics are speaking in tongues. It started in Harvard.

Maybe you should ask them what is going on?

You should be afraid to mock God. The Bible YOU say that the CC gave us directs that operation.

If you want to mock me, I can take it...but please don't mock Him just to try to knock me down.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

#434793 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I surly don't take much to set you off does it...
Are you sure you don't work at "cracker keg "... ER CRACKER BARREL
you sure have a short fuse...
And
Now Kay Marie is in control...RIGHT...Since she made you blow YOUR TOP!...
LOL
"it sure don't take much to set you off"

Actually, it does. You posted this false crap about 800 times. I think I showed remarkable restraint if it took me til 801 to 'blow my top'
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434794 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting wrote:
who="Religion - A Delusion"
A delusion should at least be reasonable.
How is it not blasphemy by claiming the Creator of the Universe is somehow "jealous" and "envious" of its own creation?
If you had a fish tank, would you ever have reason to get jealous and envious of your fish?
Of course not. It is equally unreasonable to claim God get jealous and envious of us.
And compared to God, we humans are much, much lower than your fish.
Get it yet? Stop the blasphemy!
God is not jealous OF us, but jealous FOR us. He objects to anything that wounds us or reduces us from the good plans He has for us.
KayMarie
That's the first time I have heard of being jealous FOR someone else.

You just invented that I bet.

Prince George, Canada

#434795 Apr 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You read the complete Scripture...
Luther and the pope read the complete scripture, and what an impression they made on the people.

Hatered ... raw and brutal was the result.

Prince George, Canada

#434797 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting wrote:
Clay...since about 1975 some Catholics are speaking in tongues. It started in Harvard.
The wish to behave as monkey see, monkey do, is common among "followers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … first published 1992 … an investigation into the mystery of speech

It doesn’t usually come unbidden—most people who speak in tongues have wanted to do so for some time, and have viewed it as an essential part of giving oneself up to God.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434798 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and the pope read the complete scripture, and what an impression they made on the people.
Hatered ... raw and brutal was the result.
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Prince George, Canada

#434799 Apr 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep just think about it...you are one of ADAN'S rebellious rebel rousing ribs.
'Aint ya jest plum proud o yerself'.jest....dieing ta keep the covenant
He made with the devil...
the shortest poem about Adam and demons..
"Adam had em.."
Adam and Eve had sex in the garden
Eve played with Adam and gave him a hard-on
Hence that fun-filled day women did pray
That God would give THEM an Adam

Prince George, Canada

#434800 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve had sex in the garden
Eve played with Adam and gave him a hard-on
Hence that fun-filled day women did pray
That God would give THEM an Adam

Prince George, Canada

#434801 Apr 22, 2013
Those in religion are often arrogant in the belief that they are NEEDED in one or another part of the world to convert people to their own religious dogmas.

Following is an example.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Canadian Quotations, edited by John Robert Colombo … Published 2006

Religion

Thou shalt go forth to Upper Canada and shalt find a prepared people and they shall receive thee.

Herbert C. Kimball, elder in the newly formed Mormon church in upstate New York, April 1836, dispatching Elder Parley P. Pratt to carry the church’s mission to Toronto. John Taylor, one of his converts, became the church’s third president, following the death of Brigham Young, the second prophet, in 1877. The sentence above comes from the plaque on the Mississauga Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Black Creek area of Toronto, August 2000.

Prince George, Canada

#434802 Apr 22, 2013
To some women penises are "tinker-toys."

And tinker-toys are not evil. Well at least not unless they are attached to a heretic.

confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#434803 Apr 22, 2013
who="Clay"
"it sure don't take much to set you off"
Actually, it does. You posted this false crap about 800 times. I think I showed remarkable restraint if it took me til 801 to 'blow my top'

Not so, Clay. Your response was to me. I haven't posted ANY crap, nor have I posted anything 800 times.

Your post was anything but restrained...

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434804 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And that a Jew would be in a Catholic wafer is the best joke of all time.
Catholicism is Judaism fulfilled. There are too many references of the Eucharist in the OT to count.

Here is a couple: "Behold, I will rain bread from Heaven for you and the people shall go out and gather a days portion that i may test them whether they will walk in my law or not" Exodus 16:4

Exodus 16:16 They saw the flake like substance on the ground; not knowing what it was until Moses said "it is the bread which the Lord has given you to eat"

Exodus 16:31 "the house of Israel called its name 'Manna'; it was like a coriander seed,white,and the taste of it was like wafers made of honey"

NT

John 6:31
"Our fathers ate the Manna in the wilderness; as it is written (exodus 16:31)'He gave them bread from Heaven to eat' Jesus then said to them, "Truly I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from Heaven; My Father gives you the true bread from Heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down from Heaven, and gives life to the world...'Jesus said to them, "I am the Bread of life"

Revelation 2:17
"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the Churches. To him who conquers, i will give him some of the HIDDEN MANNA, and i will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone which no one knows accept him who receives it"

The Eucharist is the hidden manna. It is Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God; bread from Heaven.

Catholicbible101.com/theeucharist.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Lbj 795
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 5,831
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tommy 854,111
What Is RacismAnd Bigotry? 8 min Burke Devlin 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min ChristineM 444,185
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 50 min Oliver Shawls 80
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 55 min Down South 121,923
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr New Age Spiritual... 612,602
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 100,732
More from around the web