Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,981 - 419,000 of 538,778 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434669 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It would require a validly ordained Priest via Apostolic succession. It could be an Eastern Orthodox Priest.(Their Bishops are valid too)
Roman Priest?? I don't know what that is.
And no, a Protestant family can not have the Eucharist in their own home. The Apostle Paul clearly states its for those only, who accept the things the Apostles taught.
Besides, why would they bother talking it when they don't believe in it?
You have been beguiled.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434670 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if as you say the teachings of Eucharist have "nothing to do with Rome", do you think a 'lay' protestant believer in Christ can partake of valid Communion in their own home with family and other believers, or does it require a ROMAN Priest to conduct the ceremony?
you seem to be avoiding this question....:-(
Lets try and clear something up..
No other group on Earth has insults towards them that have become a permanent part of language, then the Catholic Church has.

They are not 'ROMAN' Catholic. They are just Catholic. ROMAN was first used by Protestant England to insult the 'Papist'(another insult title). The Anglicans preached they were now the real catholic Church and the followers of the Pope, are now called 'Roman' Catholics. The insult stuck.
Unfortunately though, later people saw we were 'Roman' Catholic and went off in a rabid frenzy, thinkin the Book of Revelation was referring to us. Amazing how the devil confuses us.

So call us Roman Catholic if you desire. But don't imply the true Catholic Church is now the 'whore' Beast of Babylonia because you a$$ holes decided to re-name us with a slur.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#434671 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's too bad. You'll probably never partake in the Eucharist since you evidently do not believe in it. Or worse, you re defined it. Now its just some kinda koolaid type thingy you guys do for show. I dunno.
let's put it this way, Clay; i don't wanna be in your shoes on judgement day for siding with Rome and all her associated martydom's, versus siding with the persecuted Body of Christ!

even your "Eucharist" is a blasphemous attmept to crucify the Lord afresh with every cermony!

you won't be able to say that this wasn't spelled out for you many many many times.....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434672 Apr 22, 2013
Thomas Jefferson re-wrote what he believed were the sentiments of the "loving" Jesus.

He impregnated his slave again and again ... but would not marry her, believing whites were superior to blacks (in the eyes of God)... of course. He was as nutty as they come, yet he was sure he was HOLY.

And when he was President observe what he believed should happen to homosexuals.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434673 Apr 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
clay clay clay....don't you understand that the Church began by meeting in individual homes with individual families and not everyone of them had a 'peter' there to lead them???
c'mon dude, put your money where your mouth is and turn your children over to these peter-priests or shut-up, you're only being a poser!
Exactly, not everyone had Peter to lead them. But they did have his successor and the ordained Bishops from the Church!
Who do you have? Its either you and your opinion on what the scriptures are saying, or its some guy who declared himself a ministers and tells you what the scriptures are saying.

every single one of you were started by some dude. Most in the past century too.
Wake us man.

Prince George, Canada

#434674 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay ignores Jesus... "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
Touchy feely Clay ignores what Mary showed to the children at fatima:
"Our Lady showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form, like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, floating about in the conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames that issued from within themselves together with great clouds of smoke, now falling back on every side like sparks in a huge fire, without weight or equilibrium, and amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fear. The demons could be distinguished by their terrifying and repulsive likeness to frightful and unknown animals, all black and transparent. This vision lasted but an instant. How can we ever be grateful enough to our kind heavenly Mother, who had already prepared us by promising, in the first Apparition, to take us to heaven. Otherwise, I think we would have died of fear and terror."
In a delusion, one can simply change what doesn't seem right or doesn't work, as if it never existed.
Delusions are easily changed - because they are delusions.
So the Catholic Church knows this. Look how easily the believers forget the old teachings, without questioning why a "perfect church" could be so wrong.
What do you expect but lies from Jewish con-artists that wanted to start a new religion?
The Oracle

UK

#434675 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is probably not literally fire underneath your butt for eternity. Burning? Well, I think that the being who is now absent of Gods love because they reject Him, would best be described as 'burning, suffering, and in pain. Probably not physical pain, but a mental anguish because Love is not with them anymore ..I don't believe my view contradicts Church teaching either.
Yes, I believe if the God of Abraham (the Christian, Jewish and Muslim God) manifested Himself today, most Atheist would say,'wow, He is real!' But they would want no part of Him once they heard what He had to say.
If God didn't still love the ones in Hell, then He wouldn't be God.
A father never stops loving his kids, even if they say they hate him and move to the other side of the country and booze it up with some hookers and choose to never speak to their Dad again.

Sorry to hear about your reprobate kids! Be strong and God will pull you through.

Prince George, Canada

#434676 Apr 22, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been beguiled.
Is that the same as bewitched?

Please don't encourage other to start another Inquisition.

Prince George, Canada

#434677 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, not everyone had Peter to lead them. But they did have his successor and the ordained Bishops from the Church!
Who do you have? Its either you and your opinion on what the scriptures are saying, or its some guy who declared himself a ministers and tells you what the scriptures are saying.
every single one of you were started by some dude. Most in the past century too.
Wake us man.
Had Peter lived, he was a Jew ... and Jews don't herd Catholics into a heavenly corral.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434678 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostle Paul clearly states its for those only, who accept the things the Apostles taught.
My niece receives her 1st communion in May. She is 7 and in the 2nd grade. So if you accept something you should be able to explain it as well...correct? My niece will be able to explain what the apostles taught?
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434679 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eucharist is the Lamb of God. Jesus. So I would say its Jewish. lol.
Maybe you ought learn what your opponents believe instead of telling us what we believe.
If the eucharist is the Lamb of God-Jesus as you have stated, then each time you hold Jesus up on your altar you are spilling His blood over and over again and those partaking in essence, are participating idolaters. Jesus died once. He said, do this in remembrance of me. He didn't say mock what I did for you at Calvary.
Clay

United States

#434680 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My niece receives her 1st communion in May. She is 7 and in the 2nd grade. So if you accept something you should be able to explain it as well...correct? My niece will be able to explain what the apostles taught?
That's great your niece is making her first communion. Its impossible for her to fully understand everything. But her parents hopefully understand enough just like when they brought her to Christ at Baptism.

Prince George, Canada

#434681 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the apostles lived, they taught Judaism.

Why do you insist on being Catholic who pretends to follow the words of a Jewish Rabbi who had no association whatsoever with Catholicism?

Had Jesus even lived he would have been dead long before the word Catholic (associated with religion) existed.

Do you ever wonder about these issues, or do you just prefer to sleep in the hypnotic lies?

Prince George, Canada

#434682 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its impossible for her to fully understand everything.
:)
Clay

United States

#434683 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why do you always try and lay traps? I don't think your questions are an honest inquiry into what the Church actually teaches. Your questions are an attempt to confuse and trap us.

My advice- if you're a serious Christian - is to explore the writings of the early Apostolic fathers to see how Christianity was taught to them verbally from the Apostles. Doesn't that seem logical?

Prince George, Canada

#434684 Apr 22, 2013
Vision

It is all a reminder that theoretically driven utopian visions, with their promises of a better world, can all too easily reproduce the same injustices that they were designed to combat.

Neil Boyd

Prince George, Canada

#434685 Apr 22, 2013
Truth

Truth was what made sense within the tale you were telling, and tales were about something other than truth—they were about lessons, lessons that gave you insight into how the world worked, how things fit together. If little truths did not fit under the big “real” truth, then they had to be cut or dropped to satisfy the need at hand.

Janice Dickin McGinnis
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434686 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great your niece is making her first communion. Its impossible for her to fully understand everything. But her parents hopefully understand enough just like when they brought her to Christ at Baptism.
If she doesn't fully understand Clay, why would she be allowed to take receive the eucharist? You said yourself, it for only those who accept the teaching. So is it all the teaching, some of the teaching, a little of the teaching......what is it?

If after she receives her 1st communion, I ask her to explain to me the apostle's teaching on the eucharist and she has no idea, what happens to her?

Prince George, Canada

#434687 Apr 22, 2013
It's down-right comforting to be in a cozy cult that tells you that you are on the ONLY righteous path to utopia.

Anyone can and many HAVE told that tale to gullible people who are stopped DEAD in the cults and stay put until they die, never daring or wanting to think a new thought beyond their bondage.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434688 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why do you always try and lay traps? I don't think your questions are an honest inquiry into what the Church actually teaches. Your questions are an attempt to confuse and trap us.
My advice- if you're a serious Christian - is to explore the writings of the early Apostolic fathers to see how Christianity was taught to them verbally from the Apostles. Doesn't that seem logical?
Then it would seem logical that a 2nd grader can tell me somewhat about the apostle's teaching on the eucharist...correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min well 226,240
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min Remnant of 144000 38,620
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 94,637
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Peace_Warrior 599,781
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 14 min Joe Fryday 191,440
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min thewordofme 732,696
Arkansas'......'O.J.' 17 min Doctor REALITY 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Insults Are Easier 257,832
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••