Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,917
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434679 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eucharist is the Lamb of God. Jesus. So I would say its Jewish. lol.
Maybe you ought learn what your opponents believe instead of telling us what we believe.
If the eucharist is the Lamb of God-Jesus as you have stated, then each time you hold Jesus up on your altar you are spilling His blood over and over again and those partaking in essence, are participating idolaters. Jesus died once. He said, do this in remembrance of me. He didn't say mock what I did for you at Calvary.
Clay

United States

#434680 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My niece receives her 1st communion in May. She is 7 and in the 2nd grade. So if you accept something you should be able to explain it as well...correct? My niece will be able to explain what the apostles taught?
That's great your niece is making her first communion. Its impossible for her to fully understand everything. But her parents hopefully understand enough just like when they brought her to Christ at Baptism.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434681 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My niece receives her 1st communion in May. She is 7 and in the 2nd grade. So if you accept something you should be able to explain it as well...correct? My niece will be able to explain what the apostles taught?
If the apostles lived, they taught Judaism.

Why do you insist on being Catholic who pretends to follow the words of a Jewish Rabbi who had no association whatsoever with Catholicism?

Had Jesus even lived he would have been dead long before the word Catholic (associated with religion) existed.

Do you ever wonder about these issues, or do you just prefer to sleep in the hypnotic lies?

Prince George, Canada

#434682 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its impossible for her to fully understand everything.
:)
Clay

United States

#434683 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why do you always try and lay traps? I don't think your questions are an honest inquiry into what the Church actually teaches. Your questions are an attempt to confuse and trap us.

My advice- if you're a serious Christian - is to explore the writings of the early Apostolic fathers to see how Christianity was taught to them verbally from the Apostles. Doesn't that seem logical?

Prince George, Canada

#434684 Apr 22, 2013
Vision

It is all a reminder that theoretically driven utopian visions, with their promises of a better world, can all too easily reproduce the same injustices that they were designed to combat.

Neil Boyd

Prince George, Canada

#434685 Apr 22, 2013
Truth

Truth was what made sense within the tale you were telling, and tales were about something other than truth—they were about lessons, lessons that gave you insight into how the world worked, how things fit together. If little truths did not fit under the big “real” truth, then they had to be cut or dropped to satisfy the need at hand.

Janice Dickin McGinnis
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434686 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great your niece is making her first communion. Its impossible for her to fully understand everything. But her parents hopefully understand enough just like when they brought her to Christ at Baptism.
If she doesn't fully understand Clay, why would she be allowed to take receive the eucharist? You said yourself, it for only those who accept the teaching. So is it all the teaching, some of the teaching, a little of the teaching......what is it?

If after she receives her 1st communion, I ask her to explain to me the apostle's teaching on the eucharist and she has no idea, what happens to her?

Prince George, Canada

#434687 Apr 22, 2013
It's down-right comforting to be in a cozy cult that tells you that you are on the ONLY righteous path to utopia.

Anyone can and many HAVE told that tale to gullible people who are stopped DEAD in the cults and stay put until they die, never daring or wanting to think a new thought beyond their bondage.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434688 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why do you always try and lay traps? I don't think your questions are an honest inquiry into what the Church actually teaches. Your questions are an attempt to confuse and trap us.
My advice- if you're a serious Christian - is to explore the writings of the early Apostolic fathers to see how Christianity was taught to them verbally from the Apostles. Doesn't that seem logical?
Then it would seem logical that a 2nd grader can tell me somewhat about the apostle's teaching on the eucharist...correct?

Prince George, Canada

#434689 Apr 22, 2013
Catholicism is not only linked to Judaism. It is drenched in Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

And stories, whether mythical or historical, timeless or temporal, never exist in isolation. They are linked to other stories, forming a timeless or temporal web.

Robert Bringhurst

Prince George, Canada

#434690 Apr 22, 2013
We Spiritualists, or Spiritists—we call ourselves both, or either—never ask anybody to believe us. If they do, well and good. If not, all right. Our attitude simply is that facts are facts. There they are; believe them or not as you like. As I said the other night, in conversation with Aristotle and John Bunyan and George Washington and a few others, why should anybody believe us?

Stephen Leacock
chuck

Dublin, OH

#434691 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Brought her to Christ"...sighhhhhh.....I 've always thought that Christ came to us.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#434692 Apr 22, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Hell simply the absence of God, or is it fire and torment as the Bible says?
New Age Christians today say it's not fire and torment.
This stuff is always changing to fit the culture and the times.
Fear is the motivator of mankind.

Religious leaders of all faiths learned thousands of years ago, the way to have people embrace their teachings is to scare them into it.

It worked then, and it works today.

Prince George, Canada

#434693 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it would seem logical that a 2nd grader can tell me somewhat about the apostle's teaching on the eucharist...correct?
Had they existed, they only would have taught Judaism, and there is no eucharist in Judaism.

Catholicism is a Jewish impostor, using Judaism as a supposed former friend who in reality was an enemy to the ex-Jew Catholics.

The Catholics wanted to hog the whole religious scene and do away with the Jews. They tried for centuries, but all in VAIN.
The Oracle

UK

#434694 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>

More RC child abuse.

Prince George, Canada

#434695 Apr 22, 2013
According to Albert Speer, Hitler ... raised as a staunch Catholic, was very envious of the Jews.

Little woner. They survived one holocaust after another after another put on them through the centuries by the popes, and unlike Hitler, they were and are cunning business people, who at least give others the right to freedom of expression.

I could cuss out a Jew and live to see the next day. If I tried that with one of those Muslim imams, Martin Luther, or popes of the 15th century, I would have been burned at the stake, or my head would have gone rolling down the street into one or another gutter ... as they praised the god on high.

Prince George, Canada

#434696 Apr 22, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
More RC child abuse.
Indoctrinated when they are unable to defend their rights, they grow up the same as the parents ... believing they have cornered the heavenly pews for their own and ONLY their own.

What a shame!
Clay

United States

#434697 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we can learn more from second graders then you think. I'm confident her teacher explained to her what she's receiving.

Your niece will be participating in the Bible coming to life when she makes her first communion.

"Bring me the little children, do not hinder them"
Jesus Christ
Clay

United States

#434698 Apr 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Brought her to Christ"...sighhhhhh.....I 've always thought that Christ came to us.
So nobody has to be told about Him you say? He just automatically comes to everyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bless the jews (Nov '08) 5 min Freed 7,132
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Aerobatty 817,478
full body massage 58 min Body masseur 1
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 1 hr EnideKosa 59
Umthondo omkhulu nekuku emanzi eKWT & EL 2 hr Babe 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Stuart Cudahy 1,962
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr doug 97,974
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Aura Mytha 270,053
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 609,821
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr MUQ2 39,952