Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,901 - 418,920 of 533,527 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God did make a perfect world June
I suggest you need to watch more suffering of non-human animals before you make such a ridiculous statement. What did they do to be created to suffer? A deer in the forest has to be on guard every second so as not to be chewed to death by a beast of prey. Meanwhile the deer is eaten by insects on its body that doesn't give it a minute's peace, and the insect not knowing any other way, must make the life of the deer miserable in order that the insects survive.

THAT is just a slight example of your perfect world.

However, being in religion for so many years, I understand why you justify and squirm around the real subjects in order to keep your image of a god on a pedestal.

Been there ... done that!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Again, science does not support your false claim.
The human body is NOT created from cells. The human body CONTAINS cells.
The human body starts in utero as one cell. Without that one cell, there would be no start TO the human body.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you say to the Atheist that might say something like this:
"How come you preach the Bible as the foundation of Christianity, when Jesus never did and His Apostles never did?
Why does your Bible only have 66 Books but the Catholic has 73. Who determined what should be 'the Bible'?
How come you preach something different about the Bible then what the first Christians understood?
Why do you reject the science that shows the Earth being millions of yrs old?
How come you continuously accuse Catholics of Idolatry when they explained to you that they do not?
If you're going to claim to be specially called by God to preach the Bible, then you can't run from these questions. Are you legit or are you a fraud?
~~~~

To each his own destiny..

You have chosen your destiny by rejecting the inerrant word of God.

and gambling your soul on the chance that what your religious society

have added is truth...while practicing those things that God's word forbids..

Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;

whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

As for me and my House we will serve the Lord and strive to obey His word..

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the Atheist would say, "Why do you preach words from a bible at me when you already know that I can read?
And by the way, thank you for placing a capital letter on the word Atheist.
Now that's an interesting response. I've never looked at it that way.
Why doesn't Confrint, Old G, and Preston (those three claimed a special calling to pastor) just say, "here's the Bible, read it for yourself and you'll figure out the Ministry of Jesus Christ".
But that's not what they do, do they?
They may preach that the Bible is all that Christ established and we can easily figure it out on our own, but then, when we disagree about scripture to them, they'll bludgeon us with verse verse verse until we see it their way. Btw, the three men I referred to above, all teach opposite of each other on many critical teachings. Its amazing they try to fool people into thinking the Holy Spirit is guiding them (and everyone) to scriptural truth, when no two on this forum come to the same conclusions.
They damn near force people into Atheism who otherwise may not be, by demanding complete ignorance of the recipient.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So then if after I ask god to give me free will in the afterlife, and god says "NO ... you must burn in hell" ... then I don't have free will at all ... RIGHT??? That means that the god is a very punishing god in deed.
I suggest that you are the one who worships this image of such a horror ... so you deal with the image.
I never allowed my self to worship such a monstrosity, so I found it easy to walk away from religion.
June VanDerMark:

Perhaps God lets us judge for ourselves.

If you have no free-will, or have annhilated it within yourself now, then God may simply what you want, and give you what you desire. And that is hell.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Benjamin Rush
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

One of many causes of insanity he noted was intense study of "imaginary objects of knowledge" such as "researches into the meaning of certain prophecies in the Old and New Testaments."

http://www25.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/benja ...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

spirit water light =life
say uuuuuuuuuuu as breath
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was under the spell of religion, my image of a god was pure love.
By insinuating that your god sends others to burn in hell, you are the one to spew vicious venom.
And I suggest that you don't further use the word fact as though you know what happens after death ... because you don't ... and THAT is a fact.
Are you fully Atheist or 99% like Richard Dawkins?

When you were 'under the spell of religion' what denomination were you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you need to watch more suffering of non-human animals before you make such a ridiculous statement. What did they do to be created to suffer? A deer in the forest has to be on guard every second so as not to be chewed to death by a beast of prey. Meanwhile the deer is eaten by insects on its body that doesn't give it a minute's peace, and the insect not knowing any other way, must make the life of the deer miserable in order that the insects survive.
THAT is just a slight example of your perfect world.
However, being in religion for so many years, I understand why you justify and squirm around the real subjects in order to keep your image of a god on a pedestal.
Been there ... done that!

~~~
You wrote about

"being in religion for so many years,"

Evidently you were into religion (like billions of others in the Roman Catholic Church)...but never born again ....in Christ...

Attempting to walk in religious piety.... while being led by your fleshly carnal nature...

Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

That scenario was never meant to be...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't Confrint, Old G, and Preston (those three claimed a special calling to pastor) just say, "here's the Bible, read it for yourself and you'll figure out the Ministry of Jesus Christ".
They may preach that the Bible is all that Christ established and we can easily figure it out on our own, but then, when we disagree about scripture to them, they'll bludgeon us with verse verse verse until we see it their way. Btw, the three men I referred to above, all teach opposite of each other on many critical teachings. Its amazing they try to fool people into thinking the Holy Spirit is guiding them (and everyone) to scriptural truth, when no two on this forum come to the same conclusions.
They damn near force people into Atheism who otherwise may not be, by demanding complete ignorance of the recipient.
I meant that the attitude of the Atheist would be "You have some nerve, preaching at me, when you know that I AM an Atheist, I can read, but choose not to read the bible."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
To each his own destiny..
You have chosen your destiny by rejecting the inerrant word of God.
and gambling your soul on the chance that what your religious society
have added is truth...while practicing those things that God's word forbids..
Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;
whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
As for me and my House we will serve the Lord and strive to obey His word..
I embrace the word of God (all 73 of the written Books as well as the verbal communication from the Apostles.
I reject your opinion because you do not understand the scriptures and do not have the authority to teach it.
And frankly Confrint, I watch you use deception to preach your version of religion, and I can't accept that.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote about
Evidently you were into religion (like billions of others in the Roman Catholic Church)...but never born again ....in Christ...
Attempting to walk in religious piety.... while being led by your fleshly carnal nature...
Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
You are so arrogant as to make your stance humorous.

:)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote about
Why do you have to lie to preach the word of God?
Can't your version stand on its own two feet?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

every spirit is not holy..
say uuuuuuuuuuu as breath..then did you make deference..if not please tell me why not..you can't don't you ..
nowlong process which is billions years in this condition..obey law
which law..

i told you
real Creator left law in space and time..could you fit your millions years in your shoes..please explain

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you fully Atheist or 99% like Richard Dawkins?
When you were 'under the spell of religion' what denomination were you?
I've already explained that issue, several times lately on this thread. But as you asked, I will explain it again.

I never left religion because of bitterness. I left it because it didn't make any sense.

My father was raised a Catholic, left Catholicism, to later join up with the Rosicrucian Order, to believe in reincarnation.

My mother was a Lutheran Christian.

I adored my parents, and that is what kept me in religion for so many years. I figured if they believed in the existence of a creator, they would know the truth. Now I believe they were misguided by theologians that preached fancy words as though the words were based on truth.

Whether there is some form of life after death of our bodies remains a mystery. It will be what it will be, and I won't worry about it one way or the other.

I don't intend to preach that I know, because that would not be based on any semblance of truth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Religious Insanity in America: The Official Nineteenth-Century Theory

Throughout much of the nineteenth century, psychiatrists and ordinary citizens agreed that one of the chief causes of mental illness was religious excitement.

http://socrel.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/3...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

How you call as atheist..you search about what?..what real Creator left trough time and space
which law?
now please forgive me if you could if i am wrong..
Did I hurt you if i say necu=no..i am sorry i did not mean..but it is as it is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

You wrote...

Before your religious society was establish and started their own ...franchised and monopolized paganistic religion...

~~~
BEFORE YOU FIRST BULL SESSIONS
In Revelation Each of the seven Churches of Asia were given separate letters from God.

This proves that there was no such thing s a Universal Church ...Else God would not have given each of them His separate attention.

HE WOULD HAVE WRITTEN ONE LETTER TO ALL...

WHILE WE MAY DISAGREE IN APPLICATIONS....WE AGREE IN GOD'S BASIC PLAN OF SALVATION ( MOST non Catholic churches DO)
AS GIVEN/WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Meant as humor

I wonder what will happen to those in religion when they cross the border from one life into another and find out that their gods are still invisible?

Humans created the gods as invisible entities, so what can they expect in the future other than invisible entities?

I believe that expecting to see what was originally created as invisible is expecting too much out of nothing.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not proclaiming a different Gospel. They are.
The Eucharist was is and always will be the pinnacle of the Christian faith. Its what Jesus taught. Its what His Apostles taught and everyone else for the first 1600 yrs of Christianity.
These born again evangelicals skimmed over Luke 24:13-35. In this passage, Our Lord makes it clear the scriptures can't be understood by us, unless we have the Eucharist.
i can agree that the 'breaking of bread' is a Christ ordained tradition for the Church/Body of Christ to commemorate Jesus' death and ressurection, but you will note that there is no such Roman "Eucharist"/transubs tantiation EVER taught in association with the Lord's Supper/Communion.

depart from Babylon/Rome while you still can....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

434 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,584
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Ghost Writer 2 U 722,080
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min ThatOneBand 115,590
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Aura Mytha 256,958
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 93,836
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Seraphima 599,120
GMO foods and you! 25 min Hidingfromyou 1
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr reree 86