Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,881 - 418,900 of 537,179 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

water light spirit=life
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a god had a decent plan we wouldn't have human bodies that always result in one type of suffering or another.
A perfect god would have kept us safe in the god's care ... perfect as the god is perfect.
Religion is based on nonsense.
God did make a perfect world June but when God said 'THOU SHALL NOT DO" certain things, God also gave man a free will to choose good or evil.
Unless you want to be used as a puppet and be forced to serve Him,
God wants people to come to Him willingly, He doesn't want to force people to love Him.
Your god is inside your own head, you are blaming the one True God for all the evils that man has thought up to do to each other.
Man has many gods they serve, but there is only one true Holy Righteous God, the one who loved us enough to die for the sins of all man kind.
Even in the state your in God loves you June and understands you perfectly, after all he is the one who created you.
You have chosen to do the will of your father the devil, that is who you are serving.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a god had a decent plan we wouldn't have human bodies that always result in one type of suffering or another.
A perfect god would have kept us safe in the god's care ... perfect as the god is perfect.
Religion is based on nonsense.
You don't get it do you June you would rather just spew out all this vicious venom, without knowing all the facts.
Everything man eats or drinks is altered by chemicals, pesticides, not counting what man puts into their own bodies, like booze drugs, etc. the sexual revolution of the 60's and 70's have produced a lot of sexual transmitted deceases and you want to blame God, when He clearly warn man "THOU SHALL NOT DO " CERTAIN THINGS.
GOD KNEW IF WE DID THE HARM THAT WOULD COME TO US. MAN KIND TRYING TO BE SMART IN THEIR OWN EYES AND HAVE BECOME FOOLS AND DIDN'T HEED GODS WARNINGS.
I guess it is easier to point your finger at someone else and blame them then taking responsibility for your own faults hey June, time to grow up.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Question
Do you know the individuals (that you Quote above) personally...
If not? How do you know that they wrote what you are posting?
O what benefit is the copying their Links?
They mean absolutely nothing to a Christian...Just a bunch of words...
-----
I don't use Links....
You down play the Bible...
Yet you exercise faith in anonymous prattle ...
You religion of atheism has no credibility ...
It is evidently based upon a bunch of demonic hawg-wash...
Your religion (and you are religious)
comes from faith in what the devil has spoken through his demonic minions.
So You have exchanged the true and living God for another who's intentions are...
Joh 10:10 (PART A) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
___
I worship... The Son of the living God ...HIS STATED... PURPOSE is ....
JOHN 10:10 (PART B)I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
He has proven Him self and His love AND ABUNDANT LIFE.......to me over a period of near 79 years...
His presence/TRACK RECORD OF FAITHFULNESS (in My family) goes back three Generations...AND IS VERY ACTIVE IN THE FOURTH...MY CHILDREN..
Amen Confronting ,
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

no..our lovely God is full of Mercy..yes Jesus say..they did not know what they doing..forgive them ..
please
Why i am wrong?
Where are you stay in heaven=nevaeh or earth?
on top or down line
Is that have meaning?
Earthly yes..paralel as well vertical line..
Is that have meaning Heavenly?
I think yes
athmosphera stratosfera troposphera..
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perception, it should be of special interest to readers of the bible, why the character portrayed as Jesus didn't lecture his father about being so brutal (for instance) in wanting people to stone each other to death.
It's what was not uttered by Jesus that makes the story so ridiculous and suspect in that the words simply came from men with little concept of anything but over-active imagination.
A savior who preaches love ought to have said "Hey dad ... why DID you create evil anyway? What was your purpose" ... and questions such as that. But the character of Jesus was silent on those very important issues.
The authors of the bible weren't "up to much."
Now we are back to free will again June.
God gave us that choice to do good or evil.
God even warned us of the consequences of choosing evil.
So man chooses to go to heaven or hell. If they end up in hell they chose to go their freely. It was their own choice.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

no you not explain everything..definitly not
now
you not tell me why i am wrong..
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insinuating that every baby born with problems stems from parents that didn't behave in a proper way?
That is a very archaic attitude.
My guess is, cells simply do their own things and that means humans are often surprised by differences in cell formations.
~~~

Cancer is a a group of rebellious cells..that destroy the unity of the body...

just as you in your rebellious attitude are attempting to disrupt the unity of the body of Christ....

Sin is to blame for all sorrow and sickness..pain and death.

God had a perfect world before sin came....It took 930 years for sin to bring death to Adam..

___
1Co_15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

Sickness is the prerequisite of death....

Jesus brought resurrection of the dead...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

someone is righteousness only if they not tell you about what..cancer..
now
do you need respect that..choose..who say that..ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

then
is realy god there about justice..i think no

i tell you before
its stay upon me in my old house where my grandfathers belong
no hand you can't see face no just overwealming kapuljace

i remember what i asked
what is strongest on the world

from me going as river words
love your god with heart and mind..
no i don't be scare

its look as dream oh yes its will be good just like that..
now
your cancare

god is full of Mercy..did he have that title..i think so..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Christ's Resurrection vs. Those of Other 'Gods'
Ryan Duncan, Crosswalk.com

Does Christís resurrection even matter? This was the question I found myself asking the day after Easter. Life had returned to business as usual, with most of the holiday lessons fading into the background. Nothing about Easter had really fazed me, and why should it? I already knew all of the sermons; I could quote the story of Christís death backwards and forwards.

Even my attempts at prayer had fizzled out. So it was a complete surprise one Friday night when I overheard a couple of college students talking about Jesus' resurrection.

"Christians," one said, "like to think Jesus is unique because he rose from the dead, but that isnít true. Resurrection was a common theme in most ancient religions. The Greek god Dionysus had been brought back from death, so had the Egyptian god Osiris, the Hindu god Ganesha, a hero from Finnish mythology, and a Japanese goddess."

"So," another concluded, "not only is Christianity ludicrously fake, itís not even original."

They all laughed, and I found myself wondering about the holiday I had just celebrated. Most Christians I knew did think Christís coming back to life was unique... but was it? I started looking up everything I could find on resurrection myths, and was pleasantly surprised at what I found: it turns out Christís death and resurrection are more unique than I ever realized.

None of These Beings Knew They Were Going To Die

The first thing that became apparent to me was that none of these other deities knew they were going to die. Dionysus was slain when he was a child. Osiris was tricked and murdered by rivals. Death took them all by surprise and in very human fashion. Jesus, on the other hand, not only knew he was going to die, he even knew the method: crucifixion.

The Gospels are replete with verses where Jesus refers to his own death, but nowhere is his knowledge more apparent than in the garden of Gethsemane,

Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. Luke 22:39-45

Christís death did not take him unaware. He knew he was going to be crucified, it was the reason he was born. This awareness leads into the second major difference between Jesus and other resurrected gods...

None of These Beings Went Willingly To Their Death

The second significant aspect of Christís death is that he went to it willingly. As mentioned above, all these other gods met their ends in very human ways. Some, like Ganesha, tried to fight a stronger opponent and lost; others, like the Japanese goddess Izanami, died from sickness or childbirth. The impression is that none of them intended to die but that their deaths came anyway. Christís death was altogether different.

Not only did he claim foreknowledge of his impending death, he claimed he could stop it if he chose to. The book of John in particular makes note of this in several places:

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." John 18:36-37
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
just as you in your rebellious attitude are attempting to disrupt the unity of the body of Christ....
God had a perfect world before sin came....It took 930 years for sin to bring death to Adam..
___
1Co_15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
What do you say to the Atheist that might say something like this:
"How come you preach the Bible as the foundation of Christianity, when Jesus never did and His Apostles never did?

Why does your Bible only have 66 Books but the Catholic has 73. Who determined what should be 'the Bible'?

How come you preach something different about the Bible then what the first Christians understood?

Why do you reject the science that shows the Earth being millions of yrs old?

How come you continuously accuse Catholics of Idolatry when they explained to you that they do not?

If you're going to claim to be specially called by God to preach the Bible, then you can't run from these questions. Are you legit or are you a fraud?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you say to the Atheist that might say something like this:
"How come you preach the Bible as the foundation of Christianity, when Jesus never did and His Apostles never did?
My guess is, the Atheist would say, "Why do you preach words from a bible at me when you already know that I can read?

And by the way, thank you for placing a capital letter on the word Atheist.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

confe who do that?

i died..but i am still alive..why?

everything as i hear just drop over bad..yes ohhhhhh..then i hear again..pljus ones twice over my face..me who..did i say something..no i can't speak i can't move..then i hear again..she died..my mother say..who meee..oh my brother say..she died what can we do..who me..did i say something..no but its inside me thinking like that..just a minute what they done to me..then sudenly pljus oh water..my mother do that..then i start sp[eak..you are late my mother say..its been day 15 august..did i ..i say to my mother..its will be 3 o'clock now very soon afternoon..oh i say i mist..i forget i need read..

my bad is been wet..i mean deadly graveyard..my body looks like that..did i fill shame tell you this..no.
how many times i died..perhaps couple time more in this life here too..now

tell me about cancer..who do that..why?Did somebody pay me to be mother Mary..oh my God.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
___
You are muddling your religious perceptions with science.

I don't believe in your religioius perceptions, and was trying to explain simply from a scientific perception what I believe occurs.

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insinuating that every baby born with problems stems from parents that didn't behave in a proper way?
That is a very archaic attitude.
My guess is, cells simply do their own things and that means humans are often surprised by differences in cell formations.
~~~

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
If cancerous cells exist, then your supposed god knows they exist, and he does nothing to kills them.

Yet according to the bible, he wants us to stone each other to death.

The theology is nuts, and if you keep on being entangled in it, it will draw you more and more into confusion.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we are back to free will again June.
God gave us that choice to do good or evil.
So then if after I ask god to give me free will in the afterlife, and god says "NO ... you must burn in hell" ... then I don't have free will at all ... RIGHT??? That means that the god is a very punishing god in deed.

I suggest that you are the one who worships this image of such a horror ... so you deal with the image.

I never allowed my self to worship such a monstrosity, so I found it easy to walk away from religion.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

please tell me about soul which never died..

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you June you would rather just spew out all this vicious venom, without knowing all the facts.
When I was under the spell of religion, my image of a god was pure love.

By insinuating that your god sends others to burn in hell, you are the one to spew vicious venom.

And I suggest that you don't further use the word fact as though you know what happens after death ... because you don't ... and THAT is a fact.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

you can say necu=no why not many time as you could..up to you what you liked think about your commandments..
Please
Where are you liked go..in heaven=nevaeh..or you liked go where..think about that...you don't need laguage..no why should be..
How many window you have?

You tell me my Father have many house.

How many window you have?
pro proverb 1;26
Where are you liked hide yourself?
love your God with heart and mind strong as you could..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The beheading graphic video is EDITED 12 min Edthirty 2
Was President Obama Born in Kenya? 12 min Ginny 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Catcher1 730,393
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Believer 225,687
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 min waaasssuuup 441,100
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Charlie Sheen 259,380
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 20 min bottom1980 689
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min The Awakener 172,956
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 28 min Mark 144
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 599,548