Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641785 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434822 Apr 22, 2013
I hope natives outlast missionaries.

Richard Harrington
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434823 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What you posted was your "concept" of truth.
You can post your own opinions, but you can't post for the opinions of all Catholics.
My father was raised a strict Catholic, and when a priest told him that only Catholics could go to "heaven," that was when my father (already disillusioned with the church) parted ways.
Luther was an ex-Catholic, and even though his life was threatened, he chose to disagree with the dogmas of the pope.
From my experience Catholics don't agree on much of anything.
Approximately 38,000 denominations in Christianity alone ought to be a red flag indicating that there are a lot of people telling conflicting stories ... all bragging that they know the true path to eternal bliss.
If a Priest told your father,'only Catholics can go to heaven' then he misspoke or your Dad misunderstood him, or the Priest didn't clarify it.

If you're interested in the truth of what the Catholic Church teaches on salvation, check out:
catholic.com/tracts/salvation-outside-the-chu...

Or go straight to the Catechism chapter 3 article 9 paragraph 3, 819
scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#434825 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that REALLY hurt. I don't appreciate being left out of your Catholic circle any more than does Jesus the Jew.
:)
The difference is that you (yourself) have "chosen on your own" to (be left out), by willfully, rebelliously and defiantly REJECTING the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His historical and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....Jesus has "always been" the pillar, foundation, the heart, the soul, the spirit, the mind, and the pillar of strength of HIS Church, HIS Universal, HIS Catholic Church..... Your own historically distorted and perverted "personal opinion" of Church History that you have "invented" in your own mind" is nothing more than an extension of "protestant church history propaganda", supported by anti-catholic "editorialist writers such as Clyde Manschreck.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#434826 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther and the pope read the complete scripture, and what an impression they made on the people.
Hatered ... raw and brutal was the result.
I have never....in eighty years....neither heard nor read...where any "atheist" ever "slammed the door shut on the possibility of their salvation....nailed it...welding it...and thereby sealing it shut forever, by genuinely blaspheming the Holy Ghost....

Since they don't believe God exists, what prevents them from "talking the talk and walking the walk"? Why do they "leave the door cracked opened"?
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#434827 Apr 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Priest told your father,'only Catholics can go to heaven' then he misspoke or your Dad misunderstood him, or the Priest didn't clarify it.
If you're interested in the truth of what the Catholic Church teaches on salvation, check out:
catholic.com/tracts/salvation-outside-the-chu...
Or go straight to the Catechism chapter 3 article 9 paragraph 3, 819
scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus

Also truth...
Pope Eugene IV, Cantate Domino (1441): "The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the "eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41), unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church."

Proof enough?
There is more...
Pope Boniface VIII, Bull Unam sanctam (1302): "We are compelled in virtue of our faith to believe and maintain that there is only one holy Catholic Church, and that one is apostolic. This we firmly believe and profess without qualification. Outside this Church there is no salvation and no remission of sins...

Once again there are lies told by Catholics.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#434828 Apr 22, 2013
Pope Pius XII (1939–1958), Allocution to the Gregorian University (17 October 1953): "By divine mandate the interpreter and guardian of the Scriptures, and the depository of Sacred Tradition living within her, the Church alone is the entrance to salvation: She alone, by herself, and under the protection and guidance of the Holy Spirit, is the source of truth."

Second Vatican Council, Dogmatic Constitution Lumen gentium, 14: "They could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it, or to remain in it."
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#434829 Apr 22, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic clergy preach that mercy, love and forgiveness are essential virtues of the catholic church teachings, yet the church leaders condemn, women in church authority, divorced catholics, gay/lesbian people, and nuns who work with and help the poor,and are called radical feminists.
These nuns are better known as Radical "emancipated" feminists who have "bought into" (secular liberal humanism) just like the rest of the majority of the 42,000 contradicting and conflicting "protestant inconsistent denominations"...... Bible only "relative truth" is the basis of their editorialized beliefs, in which each one of their "liberal personal opinions" are the final authority. Natural Law has always been the teachings and doctrine of the TRUTH and the Catholic Church for over 2000 years. NO ONE is forcing "anybody" to belong the the Catholic Church and thee radical nuns are no exception. The teachings of the Catholic Church as not a "matter of each persons opinion" but obedience to the biblical and historical TRUTHS. If people don't like it, then go down the street to the nearest Protestant Church and they will tell these nuns "what they want to hear"!! In tens years, these elderly (post vatican 2) liberal nuns will be "long gone" and replaced by the thousands upon thousands of dedicated young, new vocations who are dedicated to their vocations, to wearing their habits, to the teachings of the Church, to the bible and the Magesterium in bringing people to Jesus Christ (BY THE TRUTH).
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#434830 Apr 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if i'm wrong where did all the gold and silver and land they posses come from? explain how it just happens that the roman army conquered the lands that everything the church owns came from those very same places? coincedence? or devine act?
You've been read "way to many" Protestant "fiction" history books,
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#434831 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more than content to be left out of all religious cults.
That is why, we, as Catholics, CHOSE to be left out of your "secularized editorial--personal opinionated" beliefs, because they are not much different than the other 42,000 "self interpreting" protestant bible only contradicting "hodge-podge" of confused, conflicting and unreliable beliefs.
"what each person decides--- is the truth-- for themselves"!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#434832 Apr 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been read "way to many" Protestant "fiction" history books,
hey, you agree then we are different from them, since we're Bible only?
socci

Cameron, MO

#434833 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Approximately 38,000 denominations in Christianity alone ought to be a red flag indicating that there are a lot of people telling conflicting stories ... all bragging that they know the true path to eternal bliss.

Means no-thing. Anyone can go start a new church tomorrow and presto! a new denomination. Many are just regional or cultural. Most all teach the same things. There are said to be as few as 100 in New Zealand and about 900 in Aus.
Just because some have a conflict or may be in error also means little. This is there problem not mine or yours. In fact the Bible tells us the entire world has been deceived. You are deceived and i probably am too about something.
socci

Cameron, MO

#434834 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I've already expressed what I believe might be the case ... adding that I won't know until I die what, if anything occurs after death.

Only God knows and has revealed this thing.
socci

Cameron, MO

#434835 Apr 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I hope natives outlast missionaries.
Richard Harrington

Words of a man vs word of God: "Go unto all the world."
truth

Perth, Australia

#434836 Apr 22, 2013
they will tell you about light until they talk you are shepherd o yes..i pray today two loving heart my remind i love you..did you see that light..they joking..yes..its instrument how they control panel..don't tell them where i am going..they will think its halicunation..no.its system how they control..me..i am not interesting about people who they are..no..
did you come in my mind today..yes you are i see yellow beautifull light then i see eye yes i see face yep..did you checking my mind..no i am not as they think..its not good sit in church as peace of wood not know about you.
how its look as beautifull light yellow as gold then i see face yes..please tell me why you observing me..why don't you go to others..no i am not going died not yet..look them old age..jao they cry what they done..they know what they do now before they gone from this world they scare come to you..o yes they will come.
truth

Perth, Australia

#434837 Apr 22, 2013
First light then i see eye..you watching trough my mind yep..what you observing today.
Who flying over city..don't tell me twice i did not see..yes i am..they say balon..no..i see perfectly..its been from me far away but i see.
Did you going say superman?!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#434838 Apr 23, 2013
confrinting wrote:
Clay...since about 1975 some Catholics are speaking in tongues. It started in Harvard.
Maybe you should ask them what is going on?
You should be afraid to mock God. The Bible YOU say that the CC gave us directs that operation.
If you want to mock me, I can take it...but please don't mock Him just to try to knock me down.
KayMarie
Since 1975 some Catholics are speaking if tongues??
Try 33 AD @ Pentecost. Those Catholics were speaking in tongues. And I'm sure its happened throughout our existence.
But the bottom line is: your Pentecostal movement began while radios were around. Now we have tv. Kay, not once has any Pentecostal revival been proven to be speaking a language. Its gibberish. Its your mind trying to form words with no characteristics of any possible language on any known planet. The sentences do not relate. The words do dot relate. Its not to tough to examine the audio and figure out its not a language.
youtube

AOL

#434839 Apr 23, 2013

100% PROOF POPE Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Quesnel, Canada

#434840 Apr 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you missed the reason this thread started in the first place ... "Roman Catholic church only true church," says Vatican.

And you were the one that claims Catholicism fulfills Judaism.

That implies that Jews can not follow the Judaism of the supposed savior Jehovah, without first being Catholics.

How silly is that statement?

Of course all religion is silly self-centered nonsense, so that is just one more silly idea. But it IS one of the silliest ... no doubt about that.

It's comparable to claiming that in order to be a Catholic, a person has to first be a Protestant.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434841 Apr 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"it sure don't take much to set you off"
Actually, it does. You posted this false crap about 800 times. I think I showed remarkable restraint if it took me til 801 to 'blow my top'
~~~~~~

YOU CALL GOD'S WORD CRAP...???

READ THE RESULT OF THOSE THAT DISOBEYED THE OF GOD'S WORD....IN THE PAST.

~~~

Num 26:61 And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.

Num 26:62 And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.

Num 26:63 These are they that were numbered by Moses and Eleazar the priest, who numbered the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho.

Num 26:64 But among these there was not a man of them whom Moses and Aaron the priest numbered, when they numbered the children of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai.

ONLY TWO OF THE THOUSANDS THAT ORIGINALLY LEFT EGYPT CROSSED THE JORDON RIVER...BECAUSE OF THEIR DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD...THE REST OF THEM DIED IN THE WILDERNESS...

Num 26:65 For the LORD had said of them, They shall surely die in the wilderness. And there was not left a man of them, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

~~~

You offer STRANGE FIRE upon the altar before God because you do not return unto God that which has spoken forth...

GOD DEALS IN SPECIFICS

YOU RETURN YOUR OWN CONJECTURE UNTO HIM IN YOUR DISOBEDIENCE TO HIS WORD...

___

NOTE
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

-->it shall not return unto me void, <---but

it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the

thing whereto I sent it.

YOUR PAGAN CONJECTURE IS DESTRUCTIVE...THE CONSEQUENCE OF PROVOKING GOD, IS ETERNAL DEATH.

Quesnel, Canada

#434842 Apr 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that you (yourself) have "chosen on your own" to (be left out),
I understand that nothing would make your day more than the idea that for me daring to not have the same religious belief as you, I will be left out of your personalized image of "heaven."

I suggest that even if there was such a place as a Christian heaven, unless they first converted to Christianity, Jews would not be allowed ... so your supposed savior Jesus would be missing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min spider1954 38,457
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min pusherman_ 970,073
Play "end of the word" part 2 31 min Aussie Kev 1,735
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,307
Do White men know that White women prefer Black... (Sep '10) 1 hr John 3,122
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 280,907
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 44,424
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,734
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 4 hr Johnny 4,151
More from around the web