Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,338
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#434496 Apr 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If all your daughters Anthony had down syndrome you would consider that a blessing from God? Why?
Why would any God create something that looks like this below? For what purpose?
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals...
People/animals are born with all kinds of quirks. Two heads, 6 toes, 3 legs, dwarfs, giants, all blessings from God, you say.
Its all the things gone wrong in nature Anthony.
Its this simple Mike: When my youngest was diagnosed with Autism, I shook my fist at God. But after time, i realized these kids with disabilities are very close to Him. They are physically and sometimes mentally separate from us. But their lives are so pure. Spiritually, thats how we're meant to be. People like you are so attached to Earthly material things that you lost sight of the big picture. My Son reminds me of humility, love and peace.

This life is quick, it moves past us in a blink. God knows that. He knows what's in store for people like my Son after they die too. He allowed Him to have this disability and carry his cross for a few yrs for a reason. I see that reason and I also see the face of Christ when I look into his eyes. Its something folks like you can't fathom. You're that far removed from God right now.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#434497 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the function of cells, all forms of life would not exist.
Humans cells are not special. That would be favoritism.
~~~

LAST MONDAY IN BOSTON MASS... We here in America witnessed the work of

Your God...

How any one (in their right mind) could give him their obedience is beyond my comprehension..

You might say you don't serve him...BUT THERE IS NO NEUTRAL POSITION..

WHEN YOU TURN AGAINST GOD... YOU SERVE.... THE DEVIL.....

YOU WITNESS WHAT THE DEVIL DID.... TO THOSE THAT LISTENED AND OBEYED

HIM...

ONE IS ALREADY IN HELL AND THE OTHER ONE WILL FOLLOW SOON..

JESUS SAID OF HIMSELF...(Tho men sometimes misrepresent Him and do other wise...)

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#434498 Apr 21, 2013
Happy 4th Sunday of Easter!!!!

Gospel for 4.21.13
John 10: 27 - 30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me;
28 and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
30 I and the Father are one."

Snip…….
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). The scriptures also say Woe to the solitary man! For if he should fall, he has no one to lift him up (Eccles 4:10). Sheep are not supposed to go off on their own, neither are we.

We are called to part of a flock and to be under the care of a shepherd. Most of us realize this in a parish setting. But in the wider sense, we are under a bishop’s care and ultimately the care of the Pope who is the chief Shepherd and the Vicar of Christ, the Good Shepherd.

The Lord Jesus said there is to be one flock and one shepherd (John 10:16). God wants us to be in the protection of the flock with a shepherd watching over us. An old spiritual says,“Walk together children. Don’t you get weary. There’s a great camp meeting in the promised land.”

http://blog.adw.org/2013/04/what-did-jesus-ca...
Clay

United States

#434499 Apr 21, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd.
I don't have to threaten my children with eternal torture to compel them to love or honor me.
If God wants us to love him, why not appear to people today like Jesus had to do in the Bible to convince some believers?
If then, why not now? Some of these even knew him personally too!
So why is it outlandish for me to ask for something similar?
Put it another way. Why would anyone in their right mind freely reject God and freely choose to be tortured for all eternity?
Just because people don't believe in the same imaginary god as you do does not mean they are insane. It means they have a different life experience, from a different culture maybe.
The invented Xian concept of "Free Will" is absurd. Everyone works on different conditioning and information.
No Clay, 95% of humans do not "freely" risk eternal Hell, because they just feel rebellious.
That's absurd and insulting to the rest of humanity.
God doesn't send anyone to Hell. We send ourselves there. He still loves those souls but respects their decision to be separate from Him.

And that's EXACTLY what would happen if God did an interview tonight on CNN. People would say, "whoa, God is real!, but I reject what he's saying"

Eternal Hell is separation from the love of God by our own decision. Fire. Torture. Pain, are adjectives to describe what it would be like without God- who IS Love.

#434500 Apr 21, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
The catholic clergy teach the followers that love, and marriage is key to happiness, yet the clergy themselves demand they! live a singular life.
Does anyone with any common sense believe any God would create men more worthy then women?
I can't believe today that any catholic woman doesn't feel slighted that they are less worthy to be in any! positions of authority in the roman catholic church.
makes no common sense!
Hey Michael, it IS JESUS that's the teacher, clergy only follow instructions.
[use your common sense, lol]

Christ does indeed approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that they do not marry.{We have married converts]

"Jesus made this quite clear when He praised the Apostles for giving up "all" to follow Him, saying, "And every one that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting." (Matt. 19:27-29). The Apostle Paul explained why the unmarried state is preferable to the married state for the Christian clergy: "He that is without a wife, is solicitous for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please God. But he that is with a wife, is solicitous for the things of the world, how he may please his wife: and he is divided." (1 Cor. 7:32-33). In other words, matrimony is good – Christ made it one of the holy sacraments of His Church – but it is not conducive to that complete dedication which is incumbent upon those who submit themselves to another of Christ's holy sacraments – that of Holy Orders. Even so, the unmarried state of the Catholic priesthood is not an inflexible law – under certain conditions a priest may be dispensed from this law."

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434501 Apr 21, 2013
People in religion want me to go back TO religion so they can feel better about their own beliefs.

It doesn't work that way. You'll find people who agree with you in your churches ... but on a forum, I suggest that you should expect beliefs that are in conflict with yours.

Prince George, Canada

#434502 Apr 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't send anyone to Hell. We send ourselves there.
If your supposed god gave free will and he decides that we must burn in hell ... THAT is NOT free will.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#434503 Apr 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought what I just posted on another thread over here in hopes that these Christians will understand how theologians manipulated and continue to manipulate religion to suit their own agendas.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The founding father of Paganism (Gerald Gardner) was from the ancient belief that homosexuality was offensive to all the divine Pagan entities ... so his theology suited that old-hat part of his spiffy new religion.
But when the hippy era took hold, people who were living the fast lives of sexual orgies as being acceptable, didn't appreciate a goddess that cursed homosexuality. So at the appropriate time, in the early 60s, along came bi-sexual Alex Sanders. He insisted that the goddess "loves" homosexuals, etc. My guess is, had the goddess existed, it would have been quite the surprise to her.
And if you care to notice, Alex was interested in his new religion of serving the MEN. There is no mention of lesbianism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Alexandrian Wicca (1963-1973)
In 1973, Alex and Maxine separated, but both continued to practice the craft. One of the key reasons for their separation was that neither would compromise on Alex's bisexuality. After the divorce, Alex focused on formulating Wicca so that it could be followed by homosexual men, who had been partially prevented from involvement previously because of the religions' focus on gender polarity.
Are you a homosexual June is that why you hate God so much.
By denying God, you feel your free to practice what He says is an abomination without any consequences.
Sin is for but a season.

Prince George, Canada

#434504 Apr 21, 2013
If after I die I say "I don't want to burn in hell God ... and God says "Okie Dokie" ... THAT is free will ... no doubt about it.

And that is an analogy, as I don't believe in the existence of any deity whatsoever.

#434505 Apr 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Enforcing the immigration laws are no more racist than locking your front door at night. Not in the USA, Mexico, Canada, Japan China or any other nation.
Why would you support theft and coveting of property when God clearly says not to do this. Further more it is Satan's plan to destroy you support.
The immigration will continue and there's not much anyone can do about it, but it is not a good thing. They are mostly Latins and Muslims and this will likely lead to another civil war at some point, IMO. Immigration is 100% about RELIGION not RACE. Rome has caused this.
No one is supporting theft and coveting of property, that’s not the point.
BTW, that’s been going on since the time the first, immigrants came here by taking the land of the Natives.

First off, ALL people that came into this country are ‘immigrates’!!
All immigrants are welcome here. It’s the American way.
By saying Latins and Muslims will lead to another civil war, is raciest, b/c not all Latins and Muslims are bad people.

What ever happened to ‘love your neighbor as yourself’?

#434506 Apr 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly boggles the mind to think that Catholics believe the Pope can completely ignore the word of God and do whatever he wants.
The Pope DOES NOT IGNORE THE WORD OF GOD.

“Jesus chose the apostles to be the earthly leaders of the Church. He gave them his own authority to teach and to govern—not as dictators, but as loving pastors and fathers.

Jesus assured the apostles and their successors, the popes and the bishops, "He who listens to you listens to me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). Jesus promised to guide his Church into all truth (John 16:12–13).”

Prince George, Canada

#434507 Apr 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a homosexual June
No ... I am heterosexual.

Prince George, Canada

#434508 Apr 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
LAST MONDAY IN BOSTON MASS... We here in America witnessed the work of
Your God...
How any one (in their right mind) could give him their obedience is beyond my comprehension..
You might say you don't serve him...BUT THERE IS NO NEUTRAL POSITION..
WHEN YOU TURN AGAINST GOD... YOU SERVE.... THE DEVIL.....
YOU WITNESS WHAT THE DEVIL DID.... TO THOSE THAT LISTENED AND OBEYED
HIM...
ONE IS ALREADY IN HELL AND THE OTHER ONE WILL FOLLOW SOON..
JESUS SAID OF HIMSELF...(Tho men sometimes misrepresent Him and do other wise...)
Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
When you perceive why you are not a Muslim, you will understand why I am not a Christian.

And when you perceive that all religion is based on fantasy, including yours ... you will understand why I am no longer in religion ... period!

Prince George, Canada

#434509 Apr 21, 2013
Christians will burn in Islam's hell for not being Muslim.

The reason I know that is true, is because millions of Muslims believe it is true.

:)

#434510 Apr 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Christians continued to observe the 7th day Sabbath. They met a few times on Sunday but this was not the Sabbath.
These sabbath arguments are made here: Sabbath Zone
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
and here: www.sabbathtosundaychange.com
The Sabbath is one of God's 10C laws to commemorate creation and the Creator once every week.
The first Christians called Catholics worshiped daily. Your argument is not with Catholics b/c we can worship daily as the first Christians did.

Even the SDA had doubts about Saturday worship
Confusion among SDA ---- What? some worship on *Sunday???????

“There also is a lot of confusion among Seventh-day Adventist themselves. Their problems are compounded by the fact that over the past two decades, deep divisions or factions have developed within the SDA.
The Christian Research Institute states:

Those who follow Adventism closely know that the last two decades have been characterized by a deep internal conflict which has divided the denomination and left many Adventist [sic] disillusioned. Today, there are various divisions and factions within SDA. Some wish that Adventism would fully enter into the evangelical mainstream, while maintaining certain Adventist distinctives. Others, the more traditional or fundamentalist Adventists often reject portions of Question on Doctrine and seek to hold on to several heresies which arose early in the Adventist movement, such as the
investigative judgment, the sinful nature of Christ, and viewing Ellen G. White as the

infallible interpreter of Scripture. It is the division of Adventism, who often refer to

themselves as "the remnant church," or God's exclusive agent, that CRI would regard as being cultic. Some within this camp would anathematize all of Protestantism, arguing that

As *Sunday-keepers they will receive the mark of the beast just prior to Christ's second

coming. Admisttedly, this is the extreme part of SDA, but nevertheless well-represented.

THE CRISIS THAT EXIST WITHIN SDA TODAY ESSENTIALLY CENTERS AROUND THE INVESTIGATIVE JUDMENT, AN UNBIBLICAL DOCTRINE WHICH SEVERLY COMPROMISES IF NOT OUTRIGHT DENIES THE BIBLICAL DOCTRINE OF JUSTIFICATION OF FAITH.
Second only to the investigative judgment issue is the all-encompassing question of the inspiration and authority of the writings of Ellen G. white. The controversy which has raged regarding the writings of Mrs. White has undoubtedly shaken the entire structure of SDA.

It is out sincere hope that this 5 million member church body, which has historically been a mixture of orthodox and heretical doctrine, will move toward a more soundly biblical position and away from the doctrinal errors it has held in the past. It is our hope that the leadership of SDA will lead its people out of all forms of legalism and into the liberty that results from being justified by God's grace through faith alone (Eph. 2:8-9).
Source: Seventh-day Adventism”

#434511 Apr 21, 2013
Have a happy Sunday everyone. Time to enjoy the rest of the day.

Prince George, Canada

#434512 Apr 21, 2013
So Christians that refuse to become Muslims will CHOOSE to burn in Islam's hell.

It was written, so it HAS to be based on truth.

Here ya go Christians ... this is YOUR fate in the afterlife.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

We all heard about Hell. That was what Quran school was mostly about: Hell and all the mistakes that could put us there. The Quran lists Hell’s torments in vivid detail: sores, boiling water, peeling skin, burning flesh, dissolving bowels, the everlasting fires that burns you forever, for as your flesh chars and your juices boil, you form new skin. These details overpower you, ensuring you will obey.

Sister Aziza told us it was our duty to convert our Christian classmates. She told us it was the only way to spare our friends the pain of Hell.

Prince George, Canada

#434513 Apr 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
Have a happy Sunday everyone. Time to enjoy the rest of the day.
Make sure that Allah knows you are faithful to him.

According to the truth ... Muslim-hell makes Christian hell seem TAME.

Prince George, Canada

#434514 Apr 21, 2013
OH ... but WAIT ... here is yet another TRUTH.

Apparently this hell is ice-cold.

Gee ... with all these truths offered us in religion, we simply can't go wrong.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The state of the Hell of Zamhareer is a suffering of extreme coldness, of blizzards and freeze ... These winds, these extremes of temperatures, this ice and snow are signs amongst the signs of Allaah.

http://www.crescentyouth.com/board/showthread ...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#434515 Apr 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its this simple Mike: When my youngest was diagnosed with Autism, I shook my fist at God. But after time, i realized these kids with disabilities are very close to Him. They are physically and sometimes mentally separate from us. But their lives are so pure. Spiritually, thats how we're meant to be. People like you are so attached to Earthly material things that you lost sight of the big picture. My Son reminds me of humility, love and peace.
This life is quick, it moves past us in a blink. God knows that. He knows what's in store for people like my Son after they die too. He allowed Him to have this disability and carry his cross for a few yrs for a reason. I see that reason and I also see the face of Christ when I look into his eyes. Its something folks like you can't fathom. You're that far removed from God right now.
Clay, I'm sorry to hear of your son's problem. But I think you're right - oftentimes people with disabilities are drawn closer to God than those without disabilities. That hasn't happened to me yet though. I remain discouraged and depressed. Please pray for me. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 741,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min GOTP 173,921
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 259,793
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 9 min girls united states 301
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 4,509
Last Word + 2 16 min Mike Allen 767
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 26 min superwilly 52
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min trifecta1 601,213
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 228,040

Top Stories People Search