Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,931)

Showing posts 418,601 - 418,620 of529,974
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted about my son being a witness for the things you described before I read this post..
Amazing we came to the same conclusion.
We really do see the face of Christ in people with disabilities- especially children.
Thanks Clay, yes, we must see His face in everyone.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible isn't cruel. You are. My Autistic son is a witness to God. He represents simplicity, humbleness, humility, love, compassion.
These virtues are absent from your materialistic arrogant selfish life and you know it.
I have an autistic nephew who just got baptized. He is a loving young man too and he loves going to church.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you mention idolatry ... rumor has it that Jehovah is not at all pleased that the first Christians, who were Catholic brought a savior into the minds of people to compete with his self.
After all. Jehovah is the Jewish LORD and Elohim is his father.
One god and two saviors is practising idolatry according to any "mythical" standards.
:)
WOW!!! Read your bible before you type.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Billy Graham that nonsense about people having to be Christian is "old hat."
He's starting to make more sense as he prattles along with his theology.
As a Jew, Jesus would not be allowed in heaven.
Silly people!
Jesus is King of the Jews, Salvation therefore is from the Jews.
God called forth a nation, the Jewish nation, not a denomination.
All who receive Christ as Lord and savior are grafted into that true vine and are adopted into the family of God. which means we are adopted into the Jewish nation.
You are full of hate for God, and all that belongs to God,(JESUS BEING GOD IN THE FLESH) "JESUS IS IN HEAVEN"
You are spiritually dead, so to talk about the things of God with you is fruitless, there is no possible way you could understand .
I pray for your lose soul may God have mercy on you ,'IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.'

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THERE IS ONLY ONE DOOR TO HEAVEN ...THAT IS JESUS...
Jews don't believe in heaven ... silly goose.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

who="marge"]Mrs and Mr Gif, sing with me;
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Beautiful, Marge. Thank you.
KayMarie
AMEN kAYmARIE.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! Read your bible before you type.
I suggest that you read the following theology. The Jews have a savior named LORD Jehovah, whose father in Olam Ha Ba is called Elohim.

The Jews didn't need any new testament or another savior. They were already saved according to their own specialized myths.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

On a serious note then: The Vatican has all of these parish priests exposed for their sexual crimes against innocent children they were entrusted to shepherd and train up in the ways of the Lord. The Vatican comes up with a 'brilliant' solution: 1) rather than removing the perpetrators of the sexual abuse, you simply move them to another parish and what? hope they don't get caught the next time. 2) to address damage control you erect billboards and sign s,and take out ads in newspapers telling former Catholics,'come back and we will welcome you with open arms', Come on!! How stupid do you think people really are? People don't want to attend churches were their family members may be at risk. Trust has been broken. Integrity has been stripped away. The veil of deception still remains. And what about the innocent lives of those children (some now adults) whom your priests committed those sexual crimes against? Did you think your 'hush money' to the victims will undo the grievous physical, emotional, social, financial and spiritual WOUNDS they must now bare (some for the rest of their lives)? Lastly, what about the gospel message? Don't you think that the Vatican's solutions and their priests actions have mocked God and His Word and branded those Catholics who are seriously embracing their belief and walk with the Lord? Not to mention those currently in seminary. How does the Vatican justify and rationalize this? How will priests now address their contributions to society's ills from their pulpits? These are grievous WOUNDS committed against God, man, local communities and society at large! They cannot be swept under the rug.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for being respectful of my self proclaimed title as Expert.
Now as an Expert I will de-load your question before providing the logical conclusion based on facts of evidence available.
First when you postulate a Creator you need to be able to define the attributes such a Creator must possess.
Next you insert an arbitrary number of galaxies. Just an FYI, it would take you 32,000 years to count to a trillion, so unless you know someone that is over 32,000 years old, how would you be able to prove it?
Last I don't agree with your premise that caring for something is petty.
So you ready to engage in a rational exchange of ideas?
I stand corrected.

There number of galaxies in the observable universe is only about 100 billion.

http://www.physics.org/facts/sand-galaxies.as...

As for counting, a smart guy like you should know how that can be done with computers.

I am glad you are open to an exchange of rational ideas.

Please go back to my original question -- do you believe there is a Creator of the Universe who cares if humans are Protestant or Catholic or Muslim, or Hindu, or Jew?

If so why and based on what evidence?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted about my son being a witness for the things you described before I read this post..
Amazing we came to the same conclusion.
We really do see the face of Christ in people with disabilities- especially children.
~~~

Those that do not have the capability to know right from wrong have no accountability to what they can not understand...

Adam and Eve only became accountable for sin ...when they became knowledgeable to what sin was....This transpired when they received the knowledge of GOOD AND EVIL of good and evil, by disobeying God and ingesting the forbidden fruit...

Those that have all the mental facilities and disobey God are held accountable...They willfully do ... what God has forbidden...

Heb_10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

All people created theologies that would assure they were blessed with the most prestigious after-lives possible.

Most of them just don't want to share the blessings with those of other religious "persuasions."

Mythical greed is the name of the self-ingratiating game.
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

who="Religion - A Delusion"
Obviously you are not a simpleton. Therefore, maybe you can explain why the Creator of trillions of galaxies,
... each with trillions of stars and planets, in a universe too big for human comprehension,
... really cares whether on a small single planet, you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim -- which is based almost entirely on the region of that small planet in which you were born.
That sounds very petty and arbitrary to me.
Please explain as only an expert can.
Thank you in advance.
If YOU were all-knowing and all-powerful, and could make trillions of stars and planets in such a massive universe...
Then you made your greatest creation, HUMANS...containing trillions of cells...so that you would have someone with whom to fellowship...
You would care about every aspect of your creation. What we breathe, He provides. What we eat, He provides. EVERY need we have, He provides.
HE cares for us. Too bad He doesn't get the desired fellowship from some humans because they are TOO FULL OF THEMSELVES.
KayMarie
Does God get the "desired fellowship" from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is King of the Jews,
Jews are NOT Catholic ... although the first ones to create the Catholic religion WERE break-away traitor-Jews.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go back to my original question -- do you believe there is a Creator of the Universe who cares if humans are Protestant or Catholic or Muslim, or Hindu, or Jew?
If so why and based on what evidence?
They will either avoid to answer these questions ... period ... or they will avoid them by posting more biblical scriptures that they cherry-pluck from their buy-bulls that they believe reinforce the idea that a JEW died on a cross to save Christians.

Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you read the following theology. The Jews have a savior named LORD Jehovah, whose father in Olam Ha Ba is called Elohim.
The Jews didn't need any new testament or another savior. They were already saved according to their own specialized myths.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
Ok, let me make this easier, read the complete jewish bible. And in the back are pages of translated hebrew words and their meanings.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does God get the "desired fellowship" from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?
Of course not ... that's a "different god" ... OOPS ... there's only one god.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Non-human animals don't know anything about the practise of religion.

They are truly blessed.

They simply live until they die.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let me make this easier, read the complete jewish bible. And in the back are pages of translated hebrew words and their meanings.
I suggest you read the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

QUOTATIONS FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.—The New Testament quotations from the Old form one of the outward bonds of connection between the two parts of the Bible. They are manifold in kind. In the quotations of all kinds from the Old Testament in the New, we find a continual variation from the letter of the older Scriptures. First, all the New Testament writers quoted from the Septuagint; correcting it indeed more or less by the Hebrew, especially when it was needful for their purpose; still abiding by it to so large an extent as to show that it was the primary source whence their quotations were drawn. Secondly, the New Testament writers must have frequently quoted from memory. Thirdly, combined with this there was an alteration of conscious or unconscious design. Sometimes the object of this was to obtain increased force. Sometimes an Old Testament passage is abridged, and in the abridgment so adjusted, by a little alteration, as to present an aspect of completeness, and yet omit what is foreign to the immediate purpose. In some cased even greater liberty of alteration is assumed. In some places, again, the actual words of the original text are taken up, but employed with a new meaning.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

The ex-Jew traitors of Judaism called Catholics try to claim that the Jews need Catholics to lead them to perfection in the Jew's OWN religion.

Such idiocy!!!

Theology is manipulation of other people's myths in the quest to suit one's own theology.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

According to Catholic theology, they want us to believe that a Jewish god sent his Jewish son to earth to teach Jews how to be good Catholics.

If anything could be more idiotic it remains to be seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 418,601 - 418,620 of529,974
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

399 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 9 min Basten 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessarily so 716,462
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Clearwater 171,444
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min petesake 114,619
Smugglers welcome tighter borders (Apr '06) 21 min POS 14
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min KiMare 93,219
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 31 min Mudaliar 4,077
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min Buck Crick 223,180
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Gabric 62
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 255,692
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••