Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,549
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#434213 Apr 20, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
Leprechauns.
There are lots of books, movies and fairy tales dealing with Leprechauns. People talk about Leprechauns all the time. Leprechauns even have a popular brand of breakfast cereal. But that does not mean that Leprechauns exist. There is no physical evidence for the existence of Leprechauns. Not a single bit. Therefore, it is obvious to any normal person that Leprechauns are imaginary.
If you think about it, you will realize that there is no difference between God and Leprechauns.
Lots of people talk about God as though he exists, but there is no actual evidence for God's existence.
For example:
God has never left any physical evidence of his existence on earth.
All historical gods were imaginary and we know it.(except for yours of course)
None of Jesus' "miracles" left any physical evidence either.
God has never spoken to modern man, for example by taking over all the television stations and broadcasting a rational message to everyone.
The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone since the Biblical myths. If then, why not now?
The Bible we have is provably incorrect and is obviously the work of primitive men rather than God.
When we analyze prayer with statistics, we find no evidence that God is "answering prayers."
Huge, amazing atrocities like the Holocaust and AIDS occur without any response from God.
And so on…
There is absolutely no evidence indicating that God exists.
Look Around you.

You need to watch the video called:

When The Rocks Cry Out on the Amazing Prophecy link:

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434214 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not taking sides with any of them. The popes, the prince known as Friederich and Luther all ordered the killing of others.
It was their "business."
"All denominations contain much error and evil ... except for mine" say the delusional.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434215 Apr 20, 2013
Some Christians especially in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic Churches regard the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Theotokos (or Mother of God).

In 300 AD she was worshipped as a Mother Goddess in the Christian sect Collyridianism, which was found throughout Saudi Arabia. Collyridianism was made up mostly of women followers and female priests. Followers of Collyridianism were known to make bread and wheat offerings to the Virgin Mary, along with other sacrificial practices. The cult was heavily condemned as heretical and schismatic by the Roman Catholic Church and was preached against by Epiphanius of Salamis, who exposed the group in his recollective writings titled Panarion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_w ...

Prince George, Canada

#434216 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
"All denominations contain much error and evil ... except for mine" say the delusional.
Of course! Evil only fits for others ... and holiness fits for me, blah, blah, blah.

The myths were all created out of fear or arrogance.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434217 Apr 20, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Around you.
You need to watch the video called:
When The Rocks Cry Out on the Amazing Prophecy link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =C7dFe9_Dk1oXX
If that were not complete baloney, you and the producers of that are all rich!!!

No? If you truly believe then I suggest you contact them and tell them about the giant rewards that are available for actual proof of god.

See the Templeton Foundation for example. There are others like it.

If you had proof, you wouldn't be posting here now.

Fact -- there is no actual evidence for God's existence.

All historical gods were imaginary and we know it.

None of Jesus' "miracles" left any physical evidence.

The "prophecies" are laughable when studied independently and in detail.

God has never spoken to modern man.

The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone, except those who wouldn't believe otherwise. So what's today's excuse again?

The Bible we have is provably incorrect, certainly not a work of any god.

When we analyze prayer with statistics, we find no evidence that God is "answering prayers."

Huge, amazing atrocities like the Holocaust and AIDS occur without any response from God.

Good luck with your proof. But sure to send us a post while you're vacationing in Hawaii with all the reward money you'll receive.

Prince George, Canada

#434218 Apr 20, 2013
"I know why that earthquake occurred. It's because of the evil in the world."

"What evil?"

"Look around you, can't you see the evil in the people."

"I'm looking at you, are you evil?"

"Of course NOT! I mean all those other people."

Blah, blah, blah.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434219 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Here is another fable on which the ancient people relied.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
"Crishna was born of a chaste virgin, called Devaki, who, on account of her purity, was selected to become the 'mother of God.'"
Doane, Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions
http://www.truthbeknown.com/virgin.htm
WOW, you will fall for just about anything, huh?

Lord Krishna never took birth from the womb of his mother like a common human baby and was himself Lord Vishnu who came down to Earth from his Supreme Abode Vaikuntha to eradicate the evil forces.

See, you don't know chit!

Prince George, Canada

#434220 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I suggest you talk to Pat Robertson. He bragged that he received a message from God just recently, but the god must have given him the wrong information, because Pat had to back-track and admit "something went wrong."

:)
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434221 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Some Christians especially in the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic Churches regard the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Theotokos (or Mother of God).
In 300 AD she was worshipped as a Mother Goddess in the Christian sect Collyridianism, which was found throughout Saudi Arabia. Collyridianism was made up mostly of women followers and female priests. Followers of Collyridianism were known to make bread and wheat offerings to the Virgin Mary, along with other sacrificial practices. The cult was heavily condemned as heretical and schismatic by the Roman Catholic Church and was preached against by Epiphanius of Salamis, who exposed the group in his recollective writings titled Panarion.
Like we are to believe you this time?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434222 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholics still do. They call it "devotion," not worship.

Western Catholics now say Mary was without sin - the only other person ever to join God Jesus with that virtue.

They claim she flew up to heaven in bodily form, to reign as Queen of Heaven.

In Catholic "miracles," Mary tells us how she saves souls.

Mary is a classical goddess in all but name only.

Because females don't have equal rights.

Prince George, Canada

#434223 Apr 20, 2013
Flim-Flam … by James Randi

There is another thing that the reader should bear in mind. Every country in South America wishes to be considered the cradle of civilization. When I spoke with a chain-smoking bishop in Sicuani, Peru, he assured me that many Peruvians harbored the belief that the Garden of Eden was right there in the Andes.

Prince George, Canada

#434224 Apr 20, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
We only believe what coincides with what we already believe ... unless we keep open to the idea that there are many ways of perceiving.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434225 Apr 20, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Links are helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyridianism

Prince George, Canada

#434226 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Catholics still do. They call it "devotion," not worship.
Western Catholics now say Mary was without sin - the only other person ever to join God Jesus with that virtue.
They claim she flew up to heaven in bodily form, to reign as Queen of Heaven.
In Catholic "miracles," Mary tells us how she saves souls.
Mary is a classical goddess in all but name only.
Because females don't have equal rights.
Even the Catholic theologians didn't agree ... and that is because myths are silly in the first place.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

On his own authority, in 1854, Pius proclaimed the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed virgin, a dogma long desired by Mariologists, but hardly favored by liberals.
………………………
………………………
No theologian has equaled the influence of Aquinas on Roman Catholicism.

Aquinas did not believe in the Immaculate Conception of Mary, which was still being debated.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434227 Apr 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i disagree:mat.19:24 it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
I was spoofing.

Of course Jesus was very clear. He spoke on the topic many times.

To follow Jesus was to be poor. Many of the early church fathers followed Jesus' words.

But on this board, no believers see fit to do so. They can all explain away anything that doesn't fit their wants and biases.

That's how the religion game is played. "Jesus didn't really mean it," say the believers. "out of context" -- 6 times.

Prince George, Canada

#434228 Apr 20, 2013
Theologians often became violent when their illusions were confronted. If there is nothing to hide, why try to hide it?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Flim-Flam … by James Randi

During two visits to the Philippines back in the 1950s, I heard of these wonders being performed some distance from Manila. When it was discovered that I wanted to visit these places and look into the claims, I was suddenly summoned to the Immigration Office, where my passport was “inspected” by being confiscated for several days. This was an effective warning that my inquiry was not welcome. The official who questioned me asked me repeatedly whether I was there representing any press service or media outlet and kept referring to “causing trouble” for “religious people.” In the end I was not only refused information but told that it could be dangerous to travel in certain remote areas of the islands. I took the hint, and when my passport was returned to me after the Canadian consulate there insisted upon it, I left without ever seeing the performance of the backwoods charlatans.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434229 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Links are helpful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyridianism
Links are useless, if you are not able to present and defend a position on your own, it can be dismissed.

Why you ask? I'll tell you. Because posting a link does not demonstrate that you have any understanding on the topic.

Typical fail for those who lack skills.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434230 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the Catholic theologians didn't agree ... and that is because myths are silly in the first place.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..
On his own authority, in 1854, Pius proclaimed the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed virgin, a dogma long desired by Mariologists, but hardly favored by liberals.
………………………
………………………
No theologian has equaled the influence of Aquinas on Roman Catholicism.
Aquinas did not believe in the Immaculate Conception of Mary, which was still being debated.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434231 Apr 20, 2013
We are supposed to believe.....

that somehow the Big Cheese, the Creator of trillions of galaxies,

each with trillions of stars and planets, in a universe too big for human comprehension,

really cares whether you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim.

I don't. I believe it is delusional.

The first clue is the fact that -- you are convinced that all other religions - past and present - are delusional, except your own religion.

You are the one being persecuted and attacked for your beliefs too. The attacks on all others are somehow justified in your mind.

Hello??? That's delusional.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#434232 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
If that were not complete baloney, you and the producers of that are all rich!!!
No? If you truly believe then I suggest you contact them and tell them about the giant rewards that are available for actual proof of god.
See the Templeton Foundation for example. There are others like it.
If you had proof, you wouldn't be posting here now.
Fact -- there is no actual evidence for God's existence.
All historical gods were imaginary and we know it.
None of Jesus' "miracles" left any physical evidence.
The "prophecies" are laughable when studied independently and in detail.
The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone, except those who wouldn't believe otherwise. So what's today's excuse again?
The Bible we have is provably incorrect, certainly not a work of any god.
Good luck with your proof. But sure to send us a post while you're vacationing in Hawaii with all the reward money you'll receive.
wE have the blackened peak on Mount Sinai in Arabia were God Gave the Ten Commandments the split stone that water come out and the physical evidence of it all being so. The alters in the valley below. Not to mention the prescence of the holy SPirit in which i have experienced for myself. All the proof I need along with his written Word !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dixie 778,524
Moses never existed 19 min feces for jesus 836
Gay snapchat names 41 min raye 177
SMOKING: One of the dumbest - deadliest human h... 50 min OMG 44
Dark Circle Reduction Treatment 57 min Helena Grace 1
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 11
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,900
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Ugly Truth from d... 605,347
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 265,472
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 11 hr risque 137