Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658415 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434288 Apr 20, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go back to my original question -- do you believe there is a Creator of the Universe who cares if humans are Protestant or Catholic or Muslim, or Hindu, or Jew?
If so why and based on what evidence?
They will either avoid to answer these questions ... period ... or they will avoid them by posting more biblical scriptures that they cherry-pluck from their buy-bulls that they believe reinforce the idea that a JEW died on a cross to save Christians.

:)
Ella

Rockford, MI

#434290 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you read the following theology. The Jews have a savior named LORD Jehovah, whose father in Olam Ha Ba is called Elohim.
The Jews didn't need any new testament or another savior. They were already saved according to their own specialized myths.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
Ok, let me make this easier, read the complete jewish bible. And in the back are pages of translated hebrew words and their meanings.

Quesnel, Canada

#434291 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Does God get the "desired fellowship" from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?
Of course not ... that's a "different god" ... OOPS ... there's only one god.

Quesnel, Canada

#434292 Apr 20, 2013
Non-human animals don't know anything about the practise of religion.

They are truly blessed.

They simply live until they die.

Quesnel, Canada

#434293 Apr 20, 2013
Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let me make this easier, read the complete jewish bible. And in the back are pages of translated hebrew words and their meanings.
I suggest you read the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

QUOTATIONS FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.—The New Testament quotations from the Old form one of the outward bonds of connection between the two parts of the Bible. They are manifold in kind. In the quotations of all kinds from the Old Testament in the New, we find a continual variation from the letter of the older Scriptures. First, all the New Testament writers quoted from the Septuagint; correcting it indeed more or less by the Hebrew, especially when it was needful for their purpose; still abiding by it to so large an extent as to show that it was the primary source whence their quotations were drawn. Secondly, the New Testament writers must have frequently quoted from memory. Thirdly, combined with this there was an alteration of conscious or unconscious design. Sometimes the object of this was to obtain increased force. Sometimes an Old Testament passage is abridged, and in the abridgment so adjusted, by a little alteration, as to present an aspect of completeness, and yet omit what is foreign to the immediate purpose. In some cased even greater liberty of alteration is assumed. In some places, again, the actual words of the original text are taken up, but employed with a new meaning.

Quesnel, Canada

#434294 Apr 20, 2013
The ex-Jew traitors of Judaism called Catholics try to claim that the Jews need Catholics to lead them to perfection in the Jew's OWN religion.

Such idiocy!!!

Theology is manipulation of other people's myths in the quest to suit one's own theology.

Quesnel, Canada

#434295 Apr 20, 2013
According to Catholic theology, they want us to believe that a Jewish god sent his Jewish son to earth to teach Jews how to be good Catholics.

If anything could be more idiotic it remains to be seen.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434296 Apr 20, 2013
who="Religion - A Delusion"

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, OF ALL NATIONS AND KINDREDS, AND PEOPLE AND TONGUES, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitS upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Every question we have is answered in The Book. Jesus said, "He that comes to Me, I will in no way cast him/her out." John saw 'a number which no one could count, and it included those from 'every nation and kindred and people and tongues.'

A missionary preached Jesus to an island tribe. Afterwards an old man approached him with tears, and said, "Tell me His name AGAIN. I've known Him for a long time, but I did not know His name!"

Jesus is appearing to many people (Muslims included) in dreams and visions, and they are receiving Him. I correspond with a family in a Muslim country who have found Him, and they are preaching Him at a great cost.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#434297 Apr 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"And Jesus saw, as he passed on his way, a man who had been blind from his birth. 2 Whereupon his disciples asked him, Master, was this man guilty of sin, or was it his parents, that he should have been born blind?[1] 3 Neither he nor his parents were guilty, Jesus answered; it was so that God’s action might declare itself in him."
Love, compassion, charity, understanding, patience, and perseverence are just some of the virtues that will increase in my family as a result my grandson having Down syndrome. Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God. The rest of us poor "intelligent" sinners will have to work out our salvation in fear and trembling.
"Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God."

What happened to original sin??? He ain't got it?? What about "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"????

#434298 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

God does not know these people exist....UNTIL THEY CALL UPON HIM...

GOD DOES NOT KNOW A PERSON THAT HAS NOT BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...

THERE ARE.... EVEN....SOME PEOPLE.... THAT THINK .... THEY ARE

CHRISTIANS ...THAT GOD DOES NOT KNOW...

___

READ WHAT JESUS SAID...

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

~~~
God kept his word...even....when an ass was used by Him to speak it forth...TO A DISOBEDIENT PROPHET...

but AFTER IT WAS OVER/after the fact ....the one that spoke it

forth.... she was still an ass..

~~~~

Read about it

Num 22:23 And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.

Num 22:24 But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.

Num 22:25 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.

Num 22:26 And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

Num 22:27 ==>And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.

Num 22:28 ---> And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Num 22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

Num 22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay. <---

Num 22:31 Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

Num 22:32 And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:

NOTE-->
Num 22:33 And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#434299 Apr 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God."
What happened to original sin??? He ain't got it?? What about "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"????
Take your stupid word play with our Bible and stick it where the sun don't shine. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm bothered that you refer to yourself as a Christian. There is nothing about you that looks anything like the Christ- nor the scriptures for that matter.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434300 Apr 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, OF ALL NATIONS AND KINDREDS, AND PEOPLE AND TONGUES, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitS upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Every question we have is answered in The Book. Jesus said, "He that comes to Me, I will in no way cast him/her out." John saw 'a number which no one could count, and it included those from 'every nation and kindred and people and tongues.'
A missionary preached Jesus to an island tribe. Afterwards an old man approached him with tears, and said, "Tell me His name AGAIN. I've known Him for a long time, but I did not know His name!"
Jesus is appearing to many people (Muslims included) in dreams and visions, and they are receiving Him. I correspond with a family in a Muslim country who have found Him, and they are preaching Him at a great cost.
KayMarie
You didn't answer.

Does God get the "desired fellowship" (as you described) from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?

Yes or no... and why?

Simple question.

Location hidden

#434301 Apr 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your stupid word play with our Bible and stick it where the sun don't shine. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm bothered that you refer to yourself as a Christian. There is nothing about you that looks anything like the Christ- nor the scriptures for that matter.
When you post something that shows any degree of intelligence, I will respond..
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434302 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They will either avoid to answer these questions ... period ... or they will avoid them by posting more biblical scriptures that they cherry-pluck from their buy-bulls that they believe reinforce the idea that a JEW died on a cross to save Christians.
So far, you are a prophet.

#434303 Apr 20, 2013
who="Oxbow"

Jesus left the honor, glory and luxury of heaven to come to earth and suffer the reproach, hatred and torture of the ungodly, IN ORDER TO PAY THE DEBT OF SIN FOR ALL MEN.

After the crucifixion He went into hell and preached the gospel (good news of God's love) to all those of Noah's time, giving them opportunity to receive that love.
(1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.)

One Who suffered so much for us, and Who went so far to make provision for everyone who would receive Him, will not 'leave one stone unturned' in order to reach everyone.

As for 'all have sinned'... God knows ALL things...we don't...so I am happy to let HIM take care of those children. His judgment is ALWAYS fair and right...AND HE WILL NOT MISTREAT ONE OF THEM.. I don't have to worry about it for a minute.

KayMarie
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434304 Apr 20, 2013
zander714 wrote:
<quoted text>
Double ditto, very well stated.
Everything but a direct answer. Maybe this poster will try.

Do you believe God cares whether you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim (which is based almost entirely on the region in which you were born btw)?

Yes or no. If yes, please explain why.

(Note that it's difficult to answer specific questions about an imaginary being.)

#434305 Apr 20, 2013
You didn't answer.
Does God get the "desired fellowship" (as you described) from Hindus, Muslims and Jews?
Yes or no... and why?
Simple question.
Yes I did answer. Like a good parent, the love and trust of that child fulfills the parent's desire. Our trust in His provision is all that He needs.
KM

#434306 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You didn't answer.
Yes or no... and why?
Simple question.
~~~

GOD TELLS US BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS...

IN

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

DO YOU BELIEVE... GOD WILL DO... WHAT HE TELLS US NOT TO DO...
socci

Cameron, MO

#434307 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
...the idea that a JEW died on a cross to save Christians.

Jesus came first for the Jews. They rejected the messiah and were then cut off. The old covenant - that is the sacrificial system of the Hebrews - ended with the final sacrifice, Jesus the lamb who takes away the sins of the world. Jesus came to save all who accept him, their creator. The Bible is not bull, pagan evolution theories are.
Jesus was foretold to come in the OT book of Daniel giving the exact year he would come. Many Jews did count the days of that prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27) and did convert to Christian. Early Christianity was entirely Jews.
It's a silly argument: "the Jew came to save Christians". He did come first to the Jews but then turned to the Gentile -- all who believe. And this was not the founding of the Roman Church. Im no Catholic. The first Christians were the Nazarenes. The Roman Church did not begin until 300 years later.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#434309 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The very idea of fame scares me. I'm very content with a quiet life.
you don't have to use your real name,you can remain anonymous. and make a good buck,then send 10% to me for the idea lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 70,127
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 1 min Glitter940 25
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min ImFree2Choose 2,987
Websleuths & Tricia Griffith is a fraud. Especi... 8 min Cakez6365 5
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min Nipz2876 18,766
If you spend 3 hours or more on Topix every day... 15 min Humps4061 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min cuckoldpaul 445,508
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 33 min Twizzler4158 4,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min BonBon6156 282,874
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Hugs8397 974,641
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 16 hr Raspberry2129 87
More from around the web