Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,361 - 418,380 of 532,626 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree ... it's a fraud. Christians pretend to worship a Jew as a savior ... when a Jew wouldn't be caught DEAD converting to Christianity.
:)
Oh Really now June! Got any more of your "editorialize opinions"
to tell us??

"Millions of Jews Converting to Christianity"
www.youtube.com/watch...

You continue to "hand out" more whoppers --than Burger King!!!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Those theologians "loved" to tell and re-tale their grandiose stories.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

And we have the same kind of evidence that the Hindoo Messiah, Chrishna, of India, restored two boys to life who had been killed by the bites of serpents, as that Jesus Christ resurrected Lazarus and the widow’s son of Nain; and as much proof that Bacchus turned water into wine, as that Jesus performed this act six hundred years after.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter was a follower of the Way until followers of Jesus Christ were later called Christians in Antioch.
The "WAY???" You trickster YOU!!!

Had Peter lived he would rather have shot himself in the foot than become a traitor to Judaism.

I'll put it this "WAY." Would YOU as a Catholic, preach a Protestant doctrine?

NOW, do you get the picture?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas Anthony! ;-) I can't believe its still snowing. Just so you know I read your post. Sorry I dont always respond a time thing. I have for the most part just been posting links to Catholics on a topic in the hopes they will read and edify as I know you have.
Well Anthony I know a couple of people who place people with needs in the work force. To be honest I was once at a McDonalds and told the owner his employee with Downs was the best one he had and I meant it. I do hope you get that fishing buddy and he becomes all he can. I did pray for you Mom and I appreciate your prayers and support on that. So doing some snoboarding before it melts. My nephew is a snoboard and skateboarder. These guys today make Tony Hawk look really old school. Gymnastics is now part of the deal. I have to stretch. lol
We got 12-14 inches, but I've decided this is a no-shovel snow so my wife is gonna have to gun it up the driveway today! Tried snoboarding once, I spent 4 hours on my butt so I went back to skis....Thanks for the prayers and support my friend, keep the faith bro!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Really now June! Got any more of your "editorialize opinions"
to tell us??
"Millions of Jews Converting to Christianity"
www.youtube.com/watch...
You continue to "hand out" more whoppers --than Burger King!!!
When Jews convert to Christianity, they are no longer Jews ... they are Christians.

If Christians were smart and really wanted to be with Jesus, they would convert to Judaism as was Jesus' religion ... if only he had existed in the first place and had not been a myth created by cunning ex-Jew Catholics.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you the Protestants were and are aligned to the love of a god, and the Catholics are the evil deceivers of the supposed HOLY word ... HUH???
I suggest you study the founder of the Protestant religion and see what interpretations he took from the new testament.
Martin Luther was every bit as blood-thirsty as were the popes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..
Luther believed that the sword of government had been given by God to the princes, and the peasants, even though treated unjustly, were not justified in taking the sword into their own hands. In his eyes they had become robbers and murderers, faithless and perjured. In his infamous essay, in May, 1525, Against the Robbing and Murdering Hordes of Peasants, Luther called on the nobles to use any means available to suppress the rebels.“Smite, slay, and stab, secretly and openly … as if among mad dogs,” he urged,“lest the whole land be ruined.” The peasants deserved death, Luther argued, because they had broken their oath of fealty, resorted to rioting and plundering, and masked their terrible sins with the name of the Gospel.
~~~

I am not a Lutheran and one must remember that Luther was a Roman Catholic priest...before he rebelled against the practices of the
Roman Catholic Church...

If the Roman Catholic Church had listened to Luther and handled Him with Love and had no treated Him as if He were a devil with a forked tail..

.They probably could have forestalled the Reformation and Renascence,

but they came against Luther with violence...Just as the Roman

Catholics are doing here in this forum,...defending their Church

instead of defending Christ...as those that has no concept of good nor evil...

As far as evil and sin is concern ...their Church has a free pass ...

The Bible says

If we own Our sins (confess them) God will forgive...

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The deny that they had sinned the...and are adamant that the sins that they propagate eve now are not against God...

A prime example is their idolatry

When the ten commandments forbids making images and bowing before them...

The clam special privilege, excuse themselves and blatantly provoke God...even though... God says that those that DO so HATE HIM...

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isnt.
Apr 19, 2013
The St. Edith Stein Havurah of St. Louis, MO begins the study of Judaism in the Light of Christ. For additional info, contact the AHC.
Jan 23, 2013
AHC Lecture Series #11, Typology: How the Old Testament Prefigures the New., by Dr. Larry Feingold, every Wednesday, beginning onJan. 23, 2013, from 7 pm, in the Gannon Room of the Cathedral Basilica Rectory. Everyone is invited to any or all of these lectures. For additional info, contact the AHC.
Sept 19, 2012
AHC Lecture Series #10, Sacraments: From the Old Covenant to the New, every Wednesday beginning at 7 pm in the Rectory conference room at the Cathedral Basilica, St. Louis, MO. For additional info, contact the AHC.
Sept 14, 2012
The St. Edith Stein Havurah in St. Louis, MO begins its study of the Myth of Hitler's Pope by Rabbi David Dalin. For additional information, contact the havurah.
Sep 28 2011
AHC Lecture Series #9, Man Elevated to Share in the Divine Life, every Wednesday beginning at 7 pm, Boland Hall, Cathedral Basilica, St. Louis, MO.
Feb 2 2011
AHC Lecture Series #8, Man: Made in God's Image, every Wednesday beginning at 7 pm, Boland Hall, Cathedral Basilica, St. Louis..
Oct 1-3 2010
AHC sponsored Conference, St Louis MO, 2010.
Sept 22 - Dec 15 2010
AHC Lecture Series #7, Mary, Daughter of Zion, Mother of God, every Wednesday beginning at 7 pm, Boland Hall, Cathedral Basilica, St. Louis
Sept 15 2010
End of early registration fee discount, for AHC sponsored conference.
Feb 3-May 12 2010
AHC Lecture Series #6: Themes on the Incarnation, every Wednesday beginning at 7 pm, Boland Hall, Cathedreal Basilica, St. Louis.
Sep 23-Dec 16 2009
AHC Lecture Series #5: Themes From the Early Church Fathers every Wednesday beginning at 7 pm Boland Hall, Cathedral Basilica, St. Louis.
Jan 28-May 6 2009
AHC Lecture Series #4: Themes of St. Paul, every Wednesday beginning 7 pm at Boland Hall, Cathedral Basilica, St.Louis
Jan 16-18, 2009
Marian Conference, St. Louis; David Moss, Jewish Roots and Personal Holiness
Jan 9 2009
St. Edith Stein Havurah, AHC Center. First meeting. Meets 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month.
http://hebrewcatholic.org/currentevents.html
Sling those scriptures to and fro
High on your horse and away you GO
Religion - A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I never mentioned "Roman" Catholicism. I mentioned Catholicism. They were the first group to take the title of Christian, but not the last by far. Protesters immediately came from all angles right from the beginning of Christianity, claiming to have the one and only truth in their theologies, and it has never ended to this day, as is proof from the conflicting theologies noted on this forum.
If there were any proof anywhere of any god, there would only be one denomination.

That's why we all agree.

At least 95% of man's religious dogma is wishful, imaginary baloney.

Here's a dead give-away.

The 5% of religious dogma that people insist is correct is almost always based on the religious dogma of the area and culture in which they were born.

We are supposed to believe that somehow the Big Cheese, the Creator of trillions of galaxies, each with trillions of stars and planets, in a universe too big for human comprehension, really cares whether you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim.

I my view, that is delusional thinking.

Understandable in the Bronze maybe, when the stars were for signs and the moon was a mini sun.
Ella

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The "WAY???" You trickster YOU!!!
Had Peter lived he would rather have shot himself in the foot than become a traitor to Judaism.
I'll put it this "WAY." Would YOU as a Catholic, preach a Protestant doctrine?
NOW, do you get the picture?

I take it you've never read your bible.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Christians simply stole the tales of miracles from the Pagans and sealed the envelope after they added the word Jesus to their tales.
Naughty Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
Pagan Miracles

The famous historian Pausanias states upon current authority that Esculapius raised several persons from the dead, and names Hippolytus among the number, and then points to a stone monument erected as a proof of the occurrence—thus furnishing, according to Christian logic, the most conclusive proof of one of the most astounding miracles ever wrought. And yet no philosopher or man of science in this age can credit the literal truth to that story.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Ella wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you've never read your bible.
I studied the bible for years. That's why I finally discarded it as trash written by men who wanted to rule the world with their own BRAND of religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree ... it's a fraud. Christians pretend to worship a Jew as a savior ... when a Jew wouldn't be caught DEAD converting to Christianity.
You make statements such as the above that are out and put lies...

There is no way that you can validate what you have post..

You hate God and His followers...and evidently you have no scruples about lying to further you cause.

You demand proof from others..

So prove that "a Jew wouldn't be caught DEAD converting to Christianity."

Thousands of Jews have accepted Christ...and there will be a time in the near future when All Jews will receive Him...

~~~
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec_12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were any proof anywhere of any god, there would only be one denomination.
That's right. There would be one story, and they would all stick to it.

Amen!!!

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Amon, or Amen (the mysterious), an Egyptian divinity, whose name occurs in that of No-amon. Nah 3:8. Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The 5% of religious dogma that people insist is correct is almost always based on the religious dogma of the area and culture in which they were born.
Such is the tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.

My guess is, as evil was taught as the work of the devil, when a meteor destroyed the area, the people that were left started the rumor-mill going full speed about why "god" punished the people for their sin.

Theologians made their living hyping up that type of nonsense, which is still the case today.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
We are supposed to believe that somehow the Big Cheese, the Creator of trillions of galaxies, each with trillions of stars and planets, in a universe too big for human comprehension, really cares whether you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim.
That's why I believe that nature is impersonal and that's why I'm not of any worth whatsoever to nature. That makes the playing level for all forms of life ... humans included.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

playing-field
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We got 12-14 inches, but I've decided this is a no-shovel snow so my wife is gonna have to gun it up the driveway today! Tried snoboarding once, I spent 4 hours on my butt so I went back to skis....Thanks for the prayers and support my friend, keep the faith bro!
Hi Anthony! Understand you're also living in the Minneapolis area. My family and I are in the western part of the twin cities. We didn't get the 12-14 inches that you got, but it was "plenty" for this time of the year. A few weeks ago, I met Clay at the Cathedral, which was a "treat". Keep up the Catholic faith as I know you will! It is "persecution time" for all Catholics as it always been, not only since the Reformation but 1500 years during and prior to the Roman Empire. The TRUE faith teachings and doctrine of the Catholic Church, hasn't changed, even though there are many who are "determined to undermine it"
Always enjoy your comments, as well as Clay's, Regina as well as the other Catholics on this forum.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You said 'The Catholic Church is the continuation of Judaism'
I was showing you how it's not so or shouldn't be.
You have much to learn about the Christ you claim to follow.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have much to learn about the Christ you claim to follow.
Hahahahaha

Have you converted to Judaism yet, and if not, do you plan to make the big jump in the right direction any time soon???
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am not a Lutheran and one must remember that Luther was a Roman Catholic priest...before he rebelled against the practices of the
Roman Catholic Church...
If the Roman Catholic Church had listened to Luther and handled Him with Love and had no treated Him as if He were a devil with a forked tail..
.They probably could have forestalled the Reformation and Renascence,
but they came against Luther with violence...Just as the Roman
Catholics are doing here in this forum,...defending their Church
instead of defending Christ...as those that has no concept of good nor evil...
As far as evil and sin is concern ...their Church has a free pass ...
The Bible says
If we own Our sins (confess them) God will forgive...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The deny that they had sinned the...and are adamant that the sins that they propagate eve now are not against God...
A prime example is their idolatry
When the ten commandments forbids making images and bowing before them...
The clam special privilege, excuse themselves and blatantly provoke God...even though... God says that those that DO so HATE HIM...
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
One problem: The ten commandments do not forbid graven images. You're a deceiver Confrint. You're purposely misleading people into thinking Catholics are violating the Ten Comments by having graven images. You know this not true in your heart. You think your hands will washed by hiding behind your ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

381 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Aura Mytha 224,100
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Petesayke KI 115,025
Last Word + 2 6 min Rosie 57
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min The Awakener 172,344
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 19 min shyam 4,598
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 22 min normal Aussie 37,608
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min AussieBobby 256,451
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min gort 720,647
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Larry 122