Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642132 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434241 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't believe anything. That way you can't go wrong.
:)
Hey simpleton, think about what you just said.
I f I take your suggestion then I can't believe what you just said. See your problem?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434242 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the rumor-mill Jesus also loved his Jewish father ... yet he only allows entry into "Christian" heaven to those who ARE Christian.
Jews aren't allowed, and that even leaves Jesus "out" of his own picture.
Crazy stuff indeed!
It's no wonder that so many people inundated with junk-theology ended up in mental institutions blathering biblical scriptures at those that they believed needed to be WARNED of impending disaster.
That was an old "perfect teaching" that was found to be wrong.

Today, it's very difficult, but non-Christians can go to Heaven.

Even Protestants.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#434243 Apr 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe this child is a blessing from God, not some kind of punishment.
Of COURSE you believe the child is a blessing, but ONLY because you believe YOU are personally blessed.

I suggest you picture this.

You and Jesus in the hereafter watching your family members burn for eternity because they weren't Christians when on earth.

You turn to Jesus and say ... "You're a Jew ... how come you're not burning in hell? And suddenly Jesus is no longer there, because that image you held so dear of Jesus on earth was simply a figment of your own imagination.

That is just an analogy, as I don't believe in myths ... your favorites or other people's favorites.

Quesnel, Canada

#434244 Apr 20, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an old "perfect teaching" that was found to be wrong.
Today, it's very difficult, but non-Christians can go to Heaven.
Even Protestants.
According to Billy Graham that nonsense about people having to be Christian is "old hat."

He's starting to make more sense as he prattles along with his theology.

As a Jew, Jesus would not be allowed in heaven.

Silly people!

Quesnel, Canada

#434245 Apr 20, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text> think about what you just said.
I f I take your suggestion then I can't believe what you just said.
You're correct. But you also can't believe what you believe.

That way, you can't be lead down the wrong path, as a person that doesn't think, can't be held responsible.

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434246 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The system of logic by opposition.
If right is better ... left has to be worse.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson
A result from psychology
In American culture we feel that things on the right are somehow better, more reliable, and stronger than things on the left.
To understand why we feel this way involves going into the languages and traditions of Western culture and asking about the symbolic history of ideas “right” and “left.” The word for “left’ in Latin is sinister, and the word for “right” is dexter.“Left” in our culture’s history has been associated with “evil” or “anomalous” or “dangerous”; while “right” is associated with the law (droit, the word for “law” in French, is derived from Latin dexter and “law” or “right”) In politics,“left” means “change society to new (sinister) forms, while “right” means “keep things as they are,” or “keep going straight ahead.” Even recently, parents used to give their left-handed children problems, and no end of moral misgiving over their “affliction.” They would often make them change to being right-handed, perhaps even doing harm to the psychological well-being of the child. This preference for right-handedness persists, even though it has been estimated that up to 10 percent of the people in America are naturally left-handed.
This system of logic by oppositions is by no means confined to our society or culture. It is found all over the world.
If I take your suggestion then I can't believe what you just said. See your problem?
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434247 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Billy Graham that nonsense about people having to be Christian is "old hat."
He's starting to make more sense as he prattles along with his theology.
As a Jew, Jesus would not be allowed in heaven.
Silly people!
I f I take your suggestion then I can't believe what you just said. See your problem?

Quesnel, Canada

#434248 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I "understand."
You have no links or "skills" to refute.
These devout believers always refute other people's religious myths as false or evil ... yet place high value on their own myths as being based on truth.

Yet they don't seem to catch on that something is very self-serving about that attitude.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434249 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct. But you also can't believe what you believe.
That way, you can't be lead down the wrong path, as a person that doesn't think, can't be held responsible.
Oh I see, you take comfort in your ignorance. That's your defense.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#434250 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, mental retardation is somehow a blessing from God.
Of course, that's not what the Bible suggests.
The Bible can be cruel and absurd sometimes.
"And Jesus saw, as he passed on his way, a man who had been blind from his birth. 2 Whereupon his disciples asked him, Master, was this man guilty of sin, or was it his parents, that he should have been born blind?[1] 3 Neither he nor his parents were guilty, Jesus answered; it was so that God’s action might declare itself in him."

Love, compassion, charity, understanding, patience, and perseverence are just some of the virtues that will increase in my family as a result my grandson having Down syndrome. Not to mention the fact that this sinless child is destined to spend eternity in the presence of God. The rest of us poor "intelligent" sinners will have to work out our salvation in fear and trembling.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#434251 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE you believe the child is a blessing, but ONLY because you believe YOU are personally blessed.
I suggest you picture this.
You and Jesus in the hereafter watching your family members burn for eternity because they weren't Christians when on earth.
You turn to Jesus and say ... "You're a Jew ... how come you're not burning in hell? And suddenly Jesus is no longer there, because that image you held so dear of Jesus on earth was simply a figment of your own imagination.
That is just an analogy, as I don't believe in myths ... your favorites or other people's favorites.
Thank you for your opinion.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#434252 Apr 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
These devout believers always refute other people's religious myths as false or evil ... yet place high value on their own myths as being based on truth.
Yet they don't seem to catch on that something is very self-serving about that attitude.
Ad Ignorantium

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434253 Apr 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. That's called 'pride' sir.
2. Jesus never commanded us to read the Bible to figure out His teachings.
3. He did however, say "He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood hath eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day"
That's why I encouraged you to seek out a Catholic or Orthodox Priest while on your death bed. I think they can administer last rites to anyone. Make a confession and partake in the supper of the lamb.
If you need help recognizing your sins, you can start with 'falsely accusing Clay of worshiping statues and Mary.'
~~~

Jesus' flesh and blood is His word that we are to ingest.

JESUS.... AND HIS WORD ....ARE SYNONYMOUS...one and the same....

HAVE YOU NOT READ...

Joh 1:14 And THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

~~~~

CLAY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE POTTERS HOUSE

Isa_29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

As for Clay worshiping worshiping statues and Mary.

Until you Roman Catholics stop your idolatry....and lying about it

I will proclaim the obvious.

Telling me you don't.... is like attempting to comvince me that the pope is not catholic.

Quesnel, Canada

#434254 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text> Oh I see, you take comfort in your ignorance.
Of course! Don't you take comfort in my ignorance?

Quesnel, Canada

#434255 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Ad Ignorantium
Thank you.

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434256 Apr 20, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>wE have the blackened peak on Mount Sinai in Arabia were God Gave the Ten Commandments the split stone that water come out and the physical evidence of it all being so. The alters in the valley below. Not to mention the prescence of the holy SPirit in which i have experienced for myself. All the proof I need along with his written Word !!!!
Please provide some credible, scholarly links that verify this proof.

Obviously your "proof" is far less than the proof required by by religious foundations, richly endowed by well-meaning Christians like yourself - foundations that offer substantial rewards for real proof.

Your proof is imaginary.

The rewards remain untouched.

And no, scientists and universities worldwide are not conspiring against your "experts."

Quesnel, Canada

#434257 Apr 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion.
You're welcome.

"It's nice to be nice to the nice."

A line from M.A.S.H.... stated by ... "Frank Burns" as he flirted with a buxom beauty.

Quesnel, Canada

#434258 Apr 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus' flesh and blood is His word that we are to ingest.
YIKES! Cannibalism is still alive in Christianity.

And by the way ... do Christians prefer Jewish flesh and blood to the flesh and blood of Chrisitans?

Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#434259 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Obviously you are not a simpleton. Therefore, maybe you can explain why the Creator of trillions of galaxies,

... each with trillions of stars and planets, in a universe too big for human comprehension,

... really cares whether on a small single planet, you are Protestant or Catholic or Jew or Hindu or Muslim -- which is based almost entirely on the region of that small planet in which you were born.

That sounds very petty and arbitrary to me.

Please explain as only an expert can.

Thank you in advance.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#434260 Apr 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, mental retardation is somehow a blessing from God.
Of course, that's not what the Bible suggests.
The Bible can be cruel and absurd sometimes.
The Bible isn't cruel. You are. My Autistic son is a witness to God. He represents simplicity, humbleness, humility, love, compassion.
These virtues are absent from your materialistic arrogant selfish life and you know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 min USA-1 38,444
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Mr Wiggley 38,989
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min Annaleigh 104,785
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min Bongo1 970,179
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min bad bob 182,314
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,454
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr ImFree2Choose 1,748
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web