Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,917)

Showing posts 418,321 - 418,340 of512,393
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got that wrong. The Jews are Catholics. Or I should say, Catholics are Jews in the sense of Judaism coming to fruition in the Church the Messiah started. The Catholic Church.
Hahahahahaha

The hair-flipping idiot Ann Coulter claims that Christians are perfected Jews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There are people that are reacting to what they have ;earned and the way that have been treated by so called Christians...
Because of the own inabilities and concept of God they do not know how to allow Jesus to represent Himself through them, and they fail...Not because they deliberately want to hurt...but because the carnal nature does not die when a person gets born again...It is still alive and the spiritual warfare against the flesh will continues on.
That is the reason that the Apostle Paul Wrote...
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
From one to use "Paul" in your retort, instead of something by Jesus that dictates what you have said here:

"Because of the own inabilities and concept of God they do not know how to allow Jesus to represent Himself through them, and they fail..."

My opinion of your opinion is that you have judged others, added a pinch of arrogance, and then claim to know those actions are accurate.

I disagree that they are. I'd even object that you even understand what Jesus taught.

(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

Jesus disagrees with you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got that wrong. The Jews are Catholics. Or I should say, Catholics are Jews in the sense of Judaism coming to fruition in the Church the Messiah started. The Catholic Church.
You wrote
the Messiah started. The Catholic Church..

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

~~~~
Jesus birth the Church through his travail on Calvary's cross...

the Roman catholic Church had nothing to do with it...

ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS RECEIVE JESUS AND A BORN AGAIN THROUGH/BY HIS DEATH/SACRIFICE ON THE CROSS.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
"Unbelievers deserve not only to be separated from the Church, but also... to be exterminated from the World by death."
- Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, 1271
A little earlier than that time period, other folks just wanted to "kill"....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric

On the other hand, the legate's own statement, in a letter to the Pope in August 1209 (col.139), states:

While discussions were still going on with the barons about the release of those in the city who were deemed to be Catholics, the servants and other persons of low rank and unarmed attacked the city without waiting for orders from their leaders. To our amazement, crying "to arms, to arms!", within the space of two or three hours they crossed the ditches and the walls and Béziers was taken. Our men spared no one, irrespective of rank, sex or age, and put to the sword almost 20,000 people. After this great slaughter the whole city was despoiled and burnt...[4]

That 13th C.- bad for the "Catholics".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
No, Catholics are entwined with Judaism and we can not separate it. To separate it, would be Protestantism. The Jews were supposed to be Catholic.
Catholic is really a title to identify ourselves with the Church that Jesus started. Universal and in communion with the Bishop of Rome - who was Simon Peter. Judaism flows into Catholicism.
Catholicism doesn't undo Judaism.
It completes it for the time being, until Christ returns.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Being a Catholic is not being a Jew, except that his heart is circumcised to the point that his praise is of God, NOT MAN.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews were supposed to be Catholic.
That was only according to the Catholics, and the Catholics were off-shoots OF the Jews.

If Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi and you followed Jesus, you would be a Jew ... you would not believe or adhere to the words of any pope whatsoever. The dogmas of the two religions are totally different.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
From one to use "Paul" in your retort, instead of something by Jesus that dictates what you have said here:
"Because of the own inabilities and concept of God they do not know how to allow Jesus to represent Himself through them, and they fail..."
My opinion of your opinion is that you have judged others, added a pinch of arrogance, and then claim to know those actions are accurate.
I disagree that they are. I'd even object that you even understand what Jesus taught.
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
Jesus disagrees with you.
All theologies of all religions were simply organized and reorganized by mortal men.

Either all of it should be taken as being of equal value ... or none of it should be taken as reliable information.

It's really very silly indeed to fight over who has the accurate myths when myths were all constructed originally from fantasy.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The Catholic word Jesus meant Messiah, and the Jewish word Christ meant Messiah.
Jesus Christ would mean Messiah, Messiah.
By adding the word Jesus to Christ, the ex-Jew Catholics were double-dippers.
Tobias Churton in his book "Gnostic Philosophy: From Ancient Persia to Modern Times"
http://www.amazon.com/Gnostic-Philosophy-Anci...

He refers to Jesus as a "redeemed redeemer" - a derivation of the "Primal Man" lore of antiquity.

Then you have James Tabor's suggestive position in "The Jesus Dynasty: The Hidden History of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity", which he posits that Jesus is indeed "an doubly-anointed king" - having sovereign blood on both sides of his "parents" -- Mary - ruling kingship in her bloodline, and Joseph - high priest lineage.

Many stories, but is there any significant proof?
- Besides the stories of men, hmmmm....tough to say. But one could not really disregard the plausibility, because the stories do show merit.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Dynasty-Histo...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

<quoted text>
A little earlier than that time period, other folks just wanted to "kill"....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric
On the other hand, the legate's own statement, in a letter to the Pope in August 1209 (col.139), states:
While discussions were still going on with the barons about the release of those in the city who were deemed to be Catholics, the servants and other persons of low rank and unarmed attacked the city without waiting for orders from their leaders. To our amazement, crying "to arms, to arms!", within the space of two or three hours they crossed the ditches and the walls and Béziers was taken. Our men spared no one, irrespective of rank, sex or age, and put to the sword almost 20,000 people. After this great slaughter the whole city was despoiled and burnt...[4]
That 13th C.- bad for the "Catholics".
Not just the Catholics ... but all of them were comparible to rabid dogs.

Despicable.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Imagine trying to make sense out of such nonsense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In the runaway # 1 British Bestseller,“Eats, Shoots & Leaves,” the subject of the book is about the importance of correct punctuation in the English language. The author, Lynne Truss, did extensive study into the history of punctuation. Lynne mixes humor with serious assessments of history and some of the following is from her book.

“Of course, if Hebrew or any of the ancient languages had included punctuation (in the case of Hebrew, a few vowels might have been nice as well), two thousand years of scriptural exegesis (my note- exegesis-analysis of texts) need never have occurred, and a lot of clever, dandruffy people could definitely have spent more time in the fresh air. But there was no punctuation in those ancient texts and that’s all there is to it. For a considerable period in Latin transcriptions there were no gaps between words either, if you can credit such madness. Texts from that benighted classical period- just capital letters in big square blocks- look to modern eyes like those word-search puzzles that you stare at for twenty minutes or so, and then (with a delighted cry) suddenly spot the word “PAPERNAPKIN” spelled diagonally and backwards. However, the scriptio continua system (as it was called) had its defenders at the time. One fifth-century recluse called Cassian argued that if a text was slow to offer up its meaning, this encouraged not only meditation but the glorification of God- the heart lifting in praise, obviously, at the moment when the word “PAPERNAPKIN” suddenly floated to the surface, like a synaptic miracle.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Tobias Churton in his book "Gnostic Philosophy: From Ancient Persia to Modern Times"
http://www.amazon.com/Gnostic-Philosophy-Anci...
He refers to Jesus as a "redeemed redeemer" - a derivation of the "Primal Man" lore of antiquity.
Then you have James Tabor's suggestive position in "The Jesus Dynasty: The Hidden History of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity", which he posits that Jesus is indeed "an doubly-anointed king" - having sovereign blood on both sides of his "parents" -- Mary - ruling kingship in her bloodline, and Joseph - high priest lineage.
Many stories, but is there any significant proof?
- Besides the stories of men, hmmmm....tough to say. But one could not really disregard the plausibility, because the stories do show merit.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Dynasty-Histo...
Had you been born a Muslim, your theology would be of Islam, and my guess is you would be just as adamant that you owned the one and only truth.

I understand that you can't help it, but my hope is you will eventually see that all theologians taught they had the one and only truth. Otherwise they would never have been braggarts in the sense of the "study of religion" which is the actual meaning OF the word theology.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

theo-"logical" ... what a sick joke!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was only according to the Catholics, and the Catholics were off-shoots OF the Jews.
If Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi and you followed Jesus, you would be a Jew ... you would not believe or adhere to the words of any pope whatsoever. The dogmas of the two religions are totally different.
The Roman Catholic Pagan (universal religious society is an off shot from the TOWER OF Babel;

ALL THEY ASPIRE TO DO IS BUILD THEMSELVES A NAME..

WHICH THE CALL THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH...

AND ALL OTHER MUS BOW TO THEIR NAME

Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Gen 11:6 ==> And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.<==

Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS BUILT THEMSELVES A TOWER IN ROME ITALY AND WANTS US TO BOW DOWN TO THEIR IMAGINATIONS AND CONJECTURE

~~~

Ecc_1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
At one time Christians taught and believed that black people had no souls, so they could not be "saved."
Then time went by and it was believed that Black people did have souls, and so they could be saved.
Then more time went by and black men became ministers and preached words from the bible. And some of them preached that being homosexual was offensive to "GOD."
Those black men used the same bible as a weapon against homosexuals that had been used as a weapon against their fore fathers and fore mothers.
You will see the egregious harm caused against innocent people by preachers who thought they knew what they did not know ... but you will see it only if and when you desire to see it.
Yes proabally due to the following;

Article I, Section. 2 [Slaves count as 3/5 persons]
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [i.e., slaves].

This essentially says that the slaves were only 3/5ths of a person. And there was a reason for this to be put into the Constitution. But, before the explanation is put in here, here is what happened today in the House when the Constitution was read.

When the Constitution was read today, they left out parts because they were either supposedly offensive or outdated. One of the things they left out because it was offensive, was the 3/5th’s clause that was in Article 1 Section 2 of the Constitution.

The only way that this can be offensive is if you don’t know the history as to why this clause was put in the Constitution. And there was a reason. A good one.

The 3/5ths clause was put in the Constitution not to let everyone know that the slaves were not really human, but because if they were put in as 100% human, slavery would have been a lot harder to get rid of. That is the reason the founding fathers put that in the Constitution, to help get rid of slavery. Here is an explanation of it.

http://wiseconservatism.com/2011/01/06/35th-c...

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you been born a Muslim, your theology would be of Islam, and my guess is you would be just as adamant that you owned the one and only truth.
I understand that you can't help it, but my hope is you will eventually see that all theologians taught they had the one and only truth. Otherwise they would never have been braggarts in the sense of the "study of religion" which is the actual meaning OF the word theology.
"I understand that you can't help it, but my hope is you will eventually see that all theologians taught they had the one and only truth."
- making a conclusion about already? How is that? Are you psychic? Can see me? Making assumptions about others is misleading. Please don't think "you understand" me at all - in ANYTHING I do - you don't.

Your perception is skewed.

Self.
-
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

for real Jesus and his mother not place inn..no

When you read all this nice diploma people you will see all of them bigger then Jesus..they know everything then Jesus as well they are much more holy then Jesus..Why is like that?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Pagan (universal religious society is an off shot from the TOWER OF Babel;
ALL THEY ASPIRE TO DO IS BUILD THEMSELVES A NAME..
WHICH THE CALL THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
AND ALL OTHER MUS BOW TO THEIR NAME
Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
Gen 11:6 ==> And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.<==
Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS BUILT THEMSELVES A TOWER IN ROME ITALY AND WANTS US TO BOW DOWN TO THEIR IMAGINATIONS AND CONJECTURE
~~~
Ecc_1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Why, other than for reasons of arrogance, would you be so certain that your interpretation of words is the right interpretation and other interpretations of the same words are wrong???

WHY?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
The hair-flipping idiot Ann Coulter claims that Christians are perfected Jews.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I don't know anything of Ms Ann Coulter. She definitely isn't a authority on Christian teachings. Neither is Confrint or his wife.
The Holy Eucharist is the the pinnacle of Judaism. This is what Our Lord Jesus Christ established. He began His Church on Earth (the Catholic Church).
The CC does not contradict Judaism, they fulfill it.There is an unbroken line of continuity. No protestant sect can claim this. They conveniently steal our scriptures and design their own Christianity. Its new and foreign to what Jesus Christ started.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

<quoted text>
"I understand that you can't help it, but my hope is you will eventually see that all theologians taught they had the one and only truth."
- making a conclusion about already? How is that? Are you psychic? Can see me? Making assumptions about others is misleading. Please don't think "you understand" me at all - in ANYTHING I do - you don't.
Your perception is skewed.
Self.
-
We all make assumptions about others, or we would not be on a forum, assessing other people's posts.

You were quoting scpriptures that you indicated were specific quotes of Jesus ... when you don't have a clue whether those quotes were or were not written by men who wanted people to believe that the words were indeed uttered from a savior named Jesus.

That IS making assumptions.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yes proabally due to the following;
Article I, Section. 2 [Slaves count as 3/5 persons]
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [i.e., slaves].
This essentially says that the slaves were only 3/5ths of a person. And there was a reason for this to be put into the Constitution. But, before the explanation is put in here, here is what happened today in the House when the Constitution was read.
When the Constitution was read today, they left out parts because they were either supposedly offensive or outdated. One of the things they left out because it was offensive, was the 3/5th’s clause that was in Article 1 Section 2 of the Constitution.
The only way that this can be offensive is if you don’t know the history as to why this clause was put in the Constitution. And there was a reason. A good one.
The 3/5ths clause was put in the Constitution not to let everyone know that the slaves were not really human, but because if they were put in as 100% human, slavery would have been a lot harder to get rid of. That is the reason the founding fathers put that in the Constitution, to help get rid of slavery. Here is an explanation of it.
http://wiseconservatism.com/2011/01/06/35th-c...
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...
CZorrection should have stated

Yes proabally due to the following type of mentality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 418,321 - 418,340 of512,393
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

594 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Goat Simulator Free Download Pc Game 1 min jaman 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min River Tam 680,988
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Some1 Else 89,636
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Sheilaa 109,811
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 21 min Some1 Else 12,240
Modi Builders Complaints (Dec '12) 33 min Modi Builders 9
Do Women Find Men Who Wear Earrings Sexy? (Aug '10) 34 min Goldie 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min River Tam 596,628
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr relish45 290