Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596247 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#433980 Apr 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you my dear. All is well with my family. God blessed my middle son and his wife with a new baby boy. He was born with Down syndrome and he will be a joy and a blessing to our family for many years to come. Good to have you here Regina, I missed talking to you......JETHRO:what did this poor child do that was so bad,that god saw fit to give this child down syndrome?
What makes you think this is somehow God's punishment for something he did?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#433981 Apr 19, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
This poster implies the catholic faith has been so Jesus-like when it came to the treatment of their Jewish brothers.
Which is why Hitler copied the actions of a former Pope - ghettos and forced to wear symbols.
(This poster further reveals the delusion.)
Hitler?? You take the worst madman in the history of the world, and imply, because he was baptized catholic (like every other kid in that part of Austria) that the Catholic Church is responsible for this Lunatics view on the world??
He didn't copy any 'actions' of any Pope. He was a living demon.

Here is what Jewish Scientist Albert Einstein said of the Church and Hitler:

"only the Catholic Church stood squarely across the path from Hitlers campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced to confess that what I once despised, I now praise unreservedly"
time magazine 1940
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433982 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime God reveals Himself in a scientific manner, people reject Him anyway. You see, no matter what He does, its explained away by people who do not want to believe that a Creator could have control over their lives. A moral authority that tells people they are living in sin is a very fearful concept for many folks.
Consider the "Miracle of the Sun" at Fatima, Portugal in 1917. After a series of visions from three little children of the Mother of Christ, God revealed a spectacular Miracle. Many Atheist and Muslims were given the scientific evidence they demanded. Most converted that day. But not all. And a generation went by, and people said it was a mass hallucination; an elaborate hoax. You see, nothing will satisfy the folks. God knows this. That's why He only reveals Himself in Spirit.
Wikipedia.org/Wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun
"Everytime God reveals Himself in a scientific manner"

Please explain what you mean by "scientific manner?"

How was science able to observe and test that so-called miracle?

If god really did that, why not do it where it can be scientifically confirmed?

It's a game. God never leaves any evidence. Even the Catholic church doesn't recognize that "miracle" as an article of faith.

So much for physical "proof."

The aftermath has proven to be embarrassing and absurd. Your own church has denied all requests for a cooperative scientific study. Mary's supposed message has been an embarrassment that had to be toned down by the time the last "secret" was revealed.

You wouldn't buy a used car based on such "evidence."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#433983 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Even recorded historical fact and his church's own history books don't stand in the way of this delusion.
It's imaginary - myth laced with just enough truth to make it sound plausible in their own minds.
That's how the game is played. That's why they will rarely provide supporting links.
Let the name calling and emotional rants begin.
Two quick clicks on your computer and you can do your own homework.
I can't provide links from my phone. See 'Miracle of The Sun' above. I tried and it didn't work.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#433984 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The title on the thread itself draws naysayers TO the thread, to in turn argue that the Catholic church was not founded on truth, but rather a whole lot of lies.
Lies, heresy and distortion of the TRUTH OF TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY are the "entire basis" of bible only Protestantism,along with atheists and agnostics, like you (whichever you are) from which you and others rely upon your "own editorializing personal opinions" to arrive at some distorted "fantasy" Disneyland conclusion.---You, June, have become an "expert" at trashing (any and all religion), debunking Almighty God Himself,(writing off) Jesus Christ and condemning and passing your personal opinionated judgment against the Catholic Church.---THEN you proceed to elevate "pretentious" so-alled authors and writers such as Karlheinz Deschner, Uta Ranke-Heineman, G.W.Foot, J.M wheel, Helen Ellede and especially Clyde Manschreck, who a (devote) anti-catholic "fly-by-night" bias Protestant who vindictively claims to "refute" NATURAL LAW!... Even one of his former Baptist minister, writer and author that he (at one time) supported and referenced, Steve Ray,(and his entire family) has converted to the Catholic faith. I CHALLENGE YOU to read his conversion story to Jesus Christ and HIS (biblically and historically) PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church----(if you dare!) June---you have become a "deserted and defiant" Island unto yourself---JUST LIKE the Prodigal Son was in Luke 15:11 --rebellious, and drifting around in
a confused "sea of distortion, chaos and spiritual confusion---again---"just like the Prodigal son"----until--eventually --------
"He came to his senses"!!!!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#433985 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you want to stay dumb!
A Jewish Rabbi ... King of the Jews, would not say to his followers "Our religion is not perfect enough, so we must start a new religion called Catholicism."
It wouldn't happen, any more than the pope would say ... "Golly GEE ... I think I have erred, and I must start a new religion that I will with pride refer to as "Protestantism."
Don't be so silly!!!
Exactly dear radical. It didn't happen. Jesus never went about undoing Judaism. He didn't start a new religion. He fulfilled Judaism. The Jews were supposed to follow the Christ and many did. The Catholic Church is the continuation of Judaism.
The Hebrew Scriptures are read in the Catholic Church everyday. There is only one messiah and it was Jesus Christ- the founder of The Catholic faith.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433987 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Two quick clicks on your computer and you can do your own homework.
I can't provide links from my phone. See 'Miracle of The Sun' above. I tried and it didn't work.
How can I prove your delusion?

I am aware of the supposed miracle, but your own church doesn't even make the claims that you make.

So I'll have to leave that "homework" to you.

But thanks for validating my point. Clever excuse btw.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#433988 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
This poster implies the catholic faith has been so Jesus-like when it came to the treatment of their Jewish brothers.
Which is why Hitler copied the actions of a former Pope - ghettos and forced to wear symbols.
(This poster further reveals the delusion.)
If you choose to read this perhaps will gain a greater perspective of the broader view of the times.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#433989 Apr 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>daily mass is the creation of the pagan/christian church so it can make a daily dollar.
There is no collection at weekday Masses.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#433990 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
"Everytime God reveals Himself in a scientific manner"
Please explain what you mean by "scientific manner?"
How was science able to observe and test that so-called miracle?
If god really did that, why not do it where it can be scientifically confirmed?
It's a game. God never leaves any evidence. Even the Catholic church doesn't recognize that "miracle" as an article of faith.
So much for physical "proof."
The aftermath has proven to be embarrassing and absurd. Your own church has denied all requests for a cooperative scientific study. Mary's supposed message has been an embarrassment that had to be toned down by the time the last "secret" was revealed.
You wouldn't buy a used car based on such "evidence."
My points exactly. You wouldn't believe in God if He shouted verbally in your ear, "Hey dummy, I'm real"
You'd just assume your mind played a trick on ya.

If I was God, you would get nothing in the scientific form to 'show you I exist'. Judas got the ultimate evidence that God exists, and he betrayed Him anyway. Peter got the ultimate evidence, and He denied Our Lord in His time of suffering. They saw the miracles. They knew Jesus was the Messiah.
Why would God physically reveal Himself to the likes of you guys? What would you do then?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433992 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly dear radical. It didn't happen. Jesus never went about undoing Judaism. He didn't start a new religion. He fulfilled Judaism. The Jews were supposed to follow the Christ and many did. The Catholic Church is the continuation of Judaism.
The Hebrew Scriptures are read in the Catholic Church everyday. There is only one messiah and it was Jesus Christ- the founder of The Catholic faith.
This poster writes - "The Jews were supposed to follow the Christ and many did."

So how would Jesus want his people who didn't believe to be treated?

1... What does Jesus tell us in the Bible?

2... What has been the reality?

Is a direct and honest reply even impossible, while maintaining the delusion?
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433993 Apr 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you choose to read this perhaps will gain a greater perspective of the broader view of the times.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
No point. Totally biased source.

Shouldn't "the times" be shaped by faith in your god?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#433994 Apr 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My oldest son is metally handicap and you are absolutely right. These children bring joy to everyone they come in contact with. It is a challenge at times and I will sincerely keep your son and his wife in my prayers.

What is your Grandson's name?

**and don't give Jethro any answers to his ignorant question.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433995 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My points exactly. You wouldn't believe in God if He shouted verbally in your ear, "Hey dummy, I'm real"
You'd just assume your mind played a trick on ya.
If I was God, you would get nothing in the scientific form to 'show you I exist'. Judas got the ultimate evidence that God exists, and he betrayed Him anyway. Peter got the ultimate evidence, and He denied Our Lord in His time of suffering. They saw the miracles. They knew Jesus was the Messiah.
Why would God physically reveal Himself to the likes of you guys? What would you do then?
Why appear to "my kind of person?" To save me. In fact, if you read the Bible, you'd know that.

Jesus appeared to many folks in the Bible. Why did he stop?

He's imaginary.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#433996 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
How can I prove your delusion?
I am aware of the supposed miracle, but your own church doesn't even make the claims that you make.
So I'll have to leave that "homework" to you.
But thanks for validating my point. Clever excuse btw.
My own Church recognizes the Miracle of The Sun as a reality. The scientist present gave testimony to validate the event.
However, the apparitions of The Blessed Mother to the girls is a little different. Although the CC acknowledges it happened, they will not take the 'secrets' or any other messages from Mary as anything other than a 'private revelation' to the little children. In other words, the Church will not say "Mary said this, Mary said that" . They would say, "the little girl Lucia says Mary says" . And That is not something that can be taken as an additional revelation of the faith, given by the Apostles. Mary would understand that as well as anybody.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#433997 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The blood shed by those in religion is a terrible crime against humanity.
What a shame!
I suggest that you "get your facts straight" before you "point fingers" and exaggerate your "opinion" regarding the murders and killings that have occurred by religious beliefs. In other words before you call the Religious kettle black, maybe you should concentrate on cleaning out your own Political Pot of Polluted Propaganda--first!
Mass killings under Communist regimes
Mass killings occurred under some Communist regimes during the twentieth century with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 and 100 million.[1] Scholarship focuses on the causes of mass killings in single societies, though some claims of common causes for mass killings have been made. Some higher estimates of mass killings include not only mass murders or executions that took place during the elimination of political opponents, civil wars, terror campaigns, and land reforms, but also lives lost due to war, famine, disease, and exhaustion in labor camps. There are scholars who believe that government policies and mistakes in management contributed to these calamities, and, based on that conclusion combine all these deaths under the categories "mass killings", democide, politicide, "classicide", or loosely defined genocide. According to these scholars, the total death toll of the mass killings defined in this way amounts to many tens of millions; however, the validity of this approach is questioned by other scholars. As of 2011, academic consensus has not been achieved on causes of large scale killings by states, including by states governed by communists. In particular, the number of comparative studies suggesting causes is limited. The highest death tolls that have been documented in communist states occurred in the Soviet Union under Joseph Stalin, in the People's Republic of China under Mao Zedong, and in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge. The estimates of the number of non-combatants killed by these three regimes alone range from a low of 21 million to a high of 70 million.[2][dubious – discuss] There have also been killings on a smaller scale in North Korea, Vietnam, and some Eastern European and African countries.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#433998 Apr 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas Anthony! ;-) I can't believe its still snowing. Just so you know I read your post. Sorry I dont always respond a time thing. I have for the most part just been posting links to Catholics on a topic in the hopes they will read and edify as I know you have.

Well Anthony I know a couple of people who place people with needs in the work force. To be honest I was once at a McDonalds and told the owner his employee with Downs was the best one he had and I meant it. I do hope you get that fishing buddy and he becomes all he can. I did pray for you Mom and I appreciate your prayers and support on that. So doing some snoboarding before it melts. My nephew is a snoboard and skateboarder. These guys today make Tony Hawk look really old school. Gymnastics is now part of the deal. I have to stretch. lol
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#433999 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No point. Totally biased source.
Shouldn't "the times" be shaped by faith in your god?
If you don't wish to read a counter to your blanket statement with a balanced view then there is nothing to discuss. Thanks.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434000 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
This poster writes - "The Jews were supposed to follow the Christ and many did."
So how would Jesus want his people who didn't believe to be treated?
1... What does Jesus tell us in the Bible?
2... What has been the reality?
Is a direct and honest reply even impossible, while maintaining the delusion?
They say it would be more likely for a tornado to tear through a junk yard and leave behind a perfectly assembled 747 than life beginning out of nothing.

You believe life just happened out of nothing?
Who is maintaining the delusion here?
marge

Ames, IA

#434001 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Next O.J. & Nicole 2 min Knock off purse s... 12
the REAL REASON the state of California lost to... 3 min Knock off purse s... 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 854,713
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min PortaBella ITA 612,611
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Mr Wiggley 969
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 7 min Knock off purse s... 55
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min ChristineM 444,319
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web