Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,035
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#433929 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this of interest. This man was once a friend of the pope of that era, until he became a thread to the Catholic institution. The church was created by keeping people in states of fear, and that is why the pope viewed "Quietism" as such a threat.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Michael Milinos was born in 1628, and later became what some termed a “spiritual mystic.” He wrote a book titled “The Spiritual Guide,” and it seems that he promoted some of the same ideas as today’s Quakers,(Friends).
On the cover of the book, it states …“So powerful was its influence on Europe that within 6 years of its release this book had been translated into every language in Western Europe. In Naples, Italy it was said that 20,000 Christians gathered in small groups to practice inward prayer.”
Also on the cover of the book, it states,“There have been more copies of this book burned than perhaps any other single Christian book ever published.”
Also on the book cover, are the following words …“Michael Molinos came closer to reforming the Catholic Church than any other single man in history, yet he ended up sealed in a dungeon, his book condemned. A man so controversial that even until today the Vatican will not release the transcript of his (secret) trial. Now for the first time this book appears in modern English. The first English language release in over a hundred years.
And on the book’s cover … Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated.… Papal Decree … 1687
I'm not much for reading books but this sounds interesting,will have to write this down,and see if i can find a copy. I'm a newspaper man,i read newspapers from around the country and what i can get in english from overseas,i like to know what is going on around me "today" so i can prepare for tomorrow,and i'm not going to find it in a book of questionable authenticity.

usa

#433930 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind being an outcast. I just don't want to be at odds with my own conscience.
I agree,i have no problem with people who do not see the world as i do,but people have a problem with me because i don't see it their way,i get called names and one "A-WHOLE" on here went as far as to lie an call me a pedophile because of my views about the mishandling of the child molesting that was going on,I owe that person a punch in the face for that cowardly act, i can take a lot of name calling but that particular post went to far,and a beatdown is in order,for that slanderest remark.it hits home hard for me,because i have a victim in my family,not involving a church but a well known different organization,i watch this poor person suffer inside as to what happened,they tried to bury it by the use of drugs an alcohol,it did no good of course because as soon as you regain your senses the problem is still there,i finally convinced this person to go into a hospital,get clean,then talk out what is going on inside their head,and after 20 yrs of suffering this person is now leading a normal life. the sad part is the perpertrator of this crime died before i could get to him. i live by a simple code, treat me as you wished to be treated and it will be returned twofold,harm me or my family/friends and you "WILL" wish you were never born.

usa

#433931 Apr 19, 2013
tell me ms. June VanDerMark,what are your thoughts of ancient aliens,that supposedly visited earth thousands of years ago,there is somewhat of actual proof that it is quite possible it happened,going by drawings,artifacts of flying objects,and people/aliens that do not look like the people of that time period,small spaceship looking artifacts were found made out of gold,how is that possible since the idea of flight probably never enter the minds of men going back 5000+ yrs ago? and the famous painting of the maddona with child,in the left corner is the sun,in the right corner is a man standing on a small hill pointing at what clearly shows a flying disc. did someone come to this planet and teach man how to survive? or were we put here by these people/aliens as an experiment? the acomplishments of the time period do not seem possible,a perfectly flat mountain top that was carved out in south america, with carvings dug into to them that only make sense when seen from the sky,and the pyramids so perfectly fitted together you can barely slide a piece of paper in between the stones,how is that possible with the "primitive tools" they had to work with in that time period? for the record i do believe we are not alone,the universe is just to large and to many planets exist that we can not be the only ones inhabitting it,steven hawking stated the universe is at least 500 billion square miles,and there are billions of planets,galaxies out there,some that started probably millions of years before man evolved,and these inahabitants are far more advanced than we are,and would it really be a good thing for man to meet an interact with these people/aliens?? if there is life out there would love to know before my time expires.

usa

#433932 Apr 19, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows, which is the way gods always set up the game.
This way, different denominations can make things up, then fight over who is right.
In the end, might makes right. And who cares really, because Jesus
returned and no one noticed.
When was the second coming?
The Bible is very clear in this case -- which leaves today's believers spinning like pinwheels:
MAT 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
MAR 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
LUK 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
if it's a game how do we know"all these things be done."till all these things be fulfilled." what does he mean by fulfilled? his return is suppose to be the begining of the end of the world,we're still here,so how could he have returned?

usa

#433933 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Jethro8! I'm not hiding, nor am I scared of you or anyone, I hate "no one" and I am in fear of "no one" on this forum, especially Protestant (Catholic bashing) propagandists, heretics and judgmental hypocrites, that are "here" for NO other reason!! As a former bible only Protestant, and a convert to the TRUTH and the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, I fear only God--- and his judgement of my own life, receiving HIS unconditional Love and Grace as Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12). As I have told you many times, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate. The TRUTH,(has, is and will (always) remain with Jesus Christ, in and through HIS--historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. This forum has become a Barnum and Baily "three ring circus" discussion of "editorializing" Atheists, Agnostics and bible only Protestants who rely upon "what each person thinks is true"-----This "merry-go-round" game of (personal opinionated)"Relative Truth" has been going on for over 450 years, since Luther, with Protestants--with over (42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations) and for over 2000 years with atheists and agnostics.----It is amazing all of the confusion and chaotic mumbo-jumbo, and hodge-podge of "opinionated editorial" beliefs that are "meandering their way" around this forum, in search of something, "ANYTHING" that people can desperately "latch onto"--"bits n pieces" of hear-say rhetoric, that give them a "one minute high" hope in their own personal "mixed up world" of contracting, conflicting and "relative truth" agnosticism, atheism and bible only (half-truth) Christianity.--------I/we as Catholics will just leave the "making it up" as you go along, bible only (spin the word of God) Protestantism, atheism and agnostism to you! We will continue to leave the confusion and chaos of "relativism" to you Jethro8. My family and I and the other (over) 1 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of over 2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History, along with the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers, with is confirmed and manifested in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!(not the only Church--but the One True Church) Heretics, agnostics and atheists "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----"THE CHURCH LIVES ON" and will continue to LIVE ON until the return of Jesus Christ!!
first off you have not posted "2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History,where is it? second "One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church" no such thing exists,pope benedict ix had the chair bought for him by his father,so apostolic succession can not possibly exist,or was it god that his father paid money to? you have nothing as far as true history except what the church "MADE UP",there is no corobborating proof that pagan/christian history is true. as stated before if not for the roman empire you would not have the catholic church,if you think that is wrong prove me wrong with actual "true AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE Church History" not from catholic web sites but from outside sources. and yes you are scared because you are lying because you never post any historicl proven facts. lets take a look at this you posted" Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12)" what is there to fear from a god that is of love? i would not fear him if i met him face to face,why should i,is he going to hurt mer? kill me because we met? toss me to the lions like so many christians were after the creation of his so called true church? con.

usa

#433934 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Jethro8! I'm not hiding, nor am I scared of you or anyone, I hate "no one" and I am in fear of "no one" on this forum, especially Protestant (Catholic bashing) propagandists, heretics and judgmental hypocrites, that are "here" for NO other reason!! As a former bible only Protestant, and a convert to the TRUTH and the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, I fear only God--- and his judgement of my own life, receiving HIS unconditional Love and Grace as Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12). As I have told you many times, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate. The TRUTH,(has, is and will (always) remain with Jesus Christ, in and through HIS--historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. This forum has become a Barnum and Baily "three ring circus" discussion of "editorializing" Atheists, Agnostics and bible only Protestants who rely upon "what each person thinks is true"-----This "merry-go-round" game of (personal opinionated)"Relative Truth" has been going on for over 450 years, since Luther, with Protestants--with over (42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations) and for over 2000 years with atheists and agnostics.----It is amazing all of the confusion and chaotic mumbo-jumbo, and hodge-podge of "opinionated editorial" beliefs that are "meandering their way" around this forum, in search of something, "ANYTHING" that people can desperately "latch onto"--"bits n pieces" of hear-say rhetoric, that give them a "one minute high" hope in their own personal "mixed up world" of contracting, conflicting and "relative truth" agnosticism, atheism and bible only (half-truth) Christianity.--------I/we as Catholics will just leave the "making it up" as you go along, bible only (spin the word of God) Protestantism, atheism and agnostism to you! We will continue to leave the confusion and chaos of "relativism" to you Jethro8. My family and I and the other (over) 1 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of over 2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History, along with the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers, with is confirmed and manifested in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!(not the only Church--but the One True Church) Heretics, agnostics and atheists "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----"THE CHURCH LIVES ON" and will continue to LIVE ON until the return of Jesus Christ!!
when in danger the church bought people off,i believe hanibal was the first,they went to germany kissed hitlers best side,same thing with mussolini they were in bed with him to.to protect their church,which would not be neccesary if it is gods true church,because god himself would of protected the church.it's all phony man made for profit/power only B.S. because man fears death,so we created a heaven to ease our fears of the dark. show this undenable authenticated proof,would love to read it,how the church came to power under the guidance of a god,who told his deciples to go to foriegn lands and steal everything they can and use it to build "my" church,burn books to hide the truth,leave books out that cats shadows of doubt that the catholic church is my true church,who cares that these romans enslaved,killed tortured and raped my people and my only son,they deserve to have my church built in their country.

usa

#433935 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why re post it then? Are you re considering the fantasy spell of religion? What are you looking for in life? I ask because I find it odd someone would devote so much time arguing against something they do not believe in.
For example, I couldn't imagine going on a Santa Clause forum and bashing people who believe he's real.
if you are speaking about the poem she wrote i asked her to post it,and she was kind enough to do so,so i could read it,simple as that.

usa

#433936 Apr 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you my dear. All is well with my family. God blessed my middle son and his wife with a new baby boy. He was born with Down syndrome and he will be a joy and a blessing to our family for many years to come. Good to have you here Regina, I missed talking to you......JETHRO:what did this poor child do that was so bad,that god saw fit to give this child down syndrome?

usa

#433937 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here! We as Catholics "hold together" well because we have inherited, possess, believe, worship and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, which HE HIMSELF is manifested, in and through, HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... Over 2000 years ago, Our Lord has given his true disciples and followers, His One TRUE Church--from which HE himself acknowledged and blessed it with the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and HIS overabunding COMPLETENESS of HIS GRACE. It is unfortunate that our other Protestant "brothers and sisters in Christ" fail to recognize that (we are not divided) but that we are all "ecumentically unified in "one faith, in one Savior, in one God and are one in Jesus Christ.
inherited,?? you joking right? everything inside the walls of vatican city is stolen property, taken from lands conquered by the romans,the church did not inherit anything except the art of deception.

usa

#433938 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you like to manipulate it, twist it, editorialize it, and pervert it, "as YOU see fit"....period!!!
she is right i saw it onthe news and read it in the newspapers,it's authentic verifiable history. maybe this will help you understand what i'm talking about and you'll start posting some to back yours/churches false claim.

usa

#433939 Apr 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't leave God then, Just religion is that what you are saying??
Because religions, and God does not go together.
Religion is man made God is about faith love and forgiveness.
I wish you would stop given sermons also June.
Weather you are preaching for or against God you are giving a sermon.
aren't wa all in one way or another?

usa

#433940 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are fortunate---however-- we all have to (eventually)----"before we die"----come to the "ultimate decision and conclusion" as to "What is TRUTH and "What is "editorialized (opinionated) "RELATIVE TRUTH"!.... The result of over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting bible only divided doctrine of inconsistent beliefs that have "sprung up" from over 450 years since Protestant Reformation should give you "your first clue"!! God is not the author of your agnostic, atheistic or bible only (self editorialized interpretation" which is mass confusion and chaos.......... The difference is that Catholics have the "Mass"!!! Protestants, atheists and agnostics have (chosen) the "confusion and chaos"
daily mass is the creation of the pagan/christian church so it can make a daily dollar.

usa

#433941 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything of Ms Ann Coulter. She definitely isn't a authority on Christian teachings. Neither is Confrint or his wife.
The Holy Eucharist is the the pinnacle of Judaism. This is what Our Lord Jesus Christ established. He began His Church on Earth (the Catholic Church).
The CC does not contradict Judaism, they fulfill it.There is an unbroken line of continuity. No protestant sect can claim this. They conveniently steal our scriptures and design their own Christianity. Its new and foreign to what Jesus Christ started.
jesus did not establish the catholic church,there is no scripture that supports that theory,no apostolic succession exists,the pope does not head the true church,only jesus does.show me in non-catholic scripture where jesus claims the catholic church is the true church,and states to use christian/pagan beliefs to create it? and kill anyone who refuses to follow it's teachings??
Clay

United States

#433942 Apr 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
btw- if i wanted to participate in this 'Eucharist', could i do so together with my family at home (for instance) or do i have to got through ROME/VATICAN ordained means in order to partake?:)
You can have the Eucharist anywhere you want. But you need to be in communion with the Catholic or Orthodox faith.(the Orthodox were set up by the Apostles and have validly ordained Bishops, therefore the Eucharist is a reality in those Churches too)
Also, I think, but I'm not sure, that anyone can have the Eucharist as a form of 'last rite'. I'm almost positive any Protestant can have a Catholic Priest give them the host on their death bed. Jews or Muslims could request it too (I think) because its assumed they've made a heartfelt decision to embrace Jesus Christ. So I would imagine they would be quickly Baptized and administered the Bread immediately after.
You too - as a devout atheist -could turn towards Jesus on your deathbed and receive the Eucharist even if you've never stepped foot into a Catholic Church. Remember that.

usa

#433943 Apr 19, 2013
have a good day people,got a lot to do,may not be back today,,,calm down hojo no need to cry,i'll be back another day.
Clay

United States

#433944 Apr 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>jesus did not establish the catholic church,there is no scripture that supports that theory,no apostolic succession exists,the pope does not head the true church,only jesus does.show me in non-catholic scripture where jesus claims the catholic church is the true church,and states to use christian/pagan beliefs to create it? and kill anyone who refuses to follow it's teachings??
Yeah, Jesus did establish the Catholic Church.

Remember Jethro, most of Protestantism agrees with my statement. Lutheran, Methodist, Anglicans all acknowledge this historic truth. The new radical evangelical fundies ignore it or add their own conspiracy scenario to the origins of the Church and her scriptures.
BibleSays

AOL

#433945 Apr 19, 2013

Many Believers NOT Jesus'..."brother, sister"

http://youtu.be/rdUNJ-EVw20

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#433946 Apr 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>first off you have not posted "2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History,where is it? second "One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church" no you have nothing as far as true history except what the church "MADE UP"
The fact is jethro8, it is YOU that has NOTHING except what your heretical anti-catholic authors, writers, and other (fiction)sources of history--- including "you yourself" has "invented, concocted and "MADE UP"!..... It is called "editorialized church history"!!!!!.... Bible only Protestants, agnostics and atheists have become "experts" at (personal opinionizing) "anything and everything" regarding Church History, interjection "their own" interpretation of the bible and "making it up" as they go along!! I'll stick to the TRUE sources of Church History that has "weathered the storm" from heretics and Protestant propagandists, agnostics and atheists for centuries. You, can do what you want!!......I/we as Catholics will just continue to "keep you (and other anti-catholics) in our prayers" each day at Daily Mass and in the Eucharist, that God will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of His Grace, Salvation and Faith in Jesus Christ, in and through His One TRUE Catholic Church---that He initiated, gave and left for His Apostles, disciples and followers, over 2000 years ago!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#433947 Apr 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>inherited,?? you joking right? everything inside the walls of vatican city is stolen property, taken from lands conquered by the romans,the church did not inherit anything except the art of deception.
More anti-catholic BS!.... You, jethro8 have become "inundated with corrupted and perverted sources of "fictitious (National Inquirer kind of) trash news and distorted history that is "nothing but editorialized (opinions)---which is nothing new to ANY of us Catholics!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#433948 Apr 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The orthodox Catholics canonized the Bible...(which means they compiled it...Put the books together)...They did not write the Bible...
After a few centuries of squabbling and killing each other, the Catholics "approved" all that they compiled in the bible. So when you read the bible, study the bible, and interpret the bible ... I suggest you remember that whatever was compiled IN the new testament was first APPROVED by Catholics.

Because the ex-Catholic Protesters (Protestants) came long after the Catholics ... it was the Protestants that CHANGED the thought-processes of the meanings of the bible with their own interpretations ... which is exactly what occurred when the ex-Jew Catholics morphed the old testament into the new testament and changed the whole thought-process from Judaism to Catholicism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 740,067
virgin taker (Apr '13) 12 min bouks 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min MUQ1 259,654
shytown 39 min Baytown 1
does parents like having sex infront of their k... (May '13) 1 hr G4ORCE 95
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr HipGnosis 173,812
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Aura Mytha 227,740

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE