Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
418,241 - 418,260 of 538,979 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#433908 Apr 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ did not abolish Judaism. He fulfilled it.
If Jesus had lived his Judaism would already have BEEN perfected by his father Jehovah.

No need for ex-Jew Catholics to mess about with something so perfect!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#433909 Apr 18, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>One does not pull a verse out of the context and buil a doctrine on it. Scripture should have at least 3 if not two accounts on any given subject making it clear to the reader. Chrsit will bring all things into remeberance to those dilegently search the scriptures and love him. Line upon line and precepts upon precepts.
Does that mean you finally have the absolute truth down pat???

Prince George, Canada

#433910 Apr 18, 2013
The word Elohim to the Jews was GOD, and the Lord was his son Jehovah.

So ... let's see now ... Elohim must be Jesus' grandfather.

I wonder how that fits into Catholic, Protestant and Muslim theology?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#433911 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Men imp-LIED that Jesus said much, but a myth could never materialize in order to prepare a defense.
~~~

Myths and imaginations have been created/invented by the Roman Catholic Church

To destroy the Biblical account of Mary the Mother of Jesus and deny

her...THE LARGE FAMILY that she had after Jesus was born....

Which account is found in THE NEW TESTAMENT

COUNT THEM..

Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren,

1.James, and 2.Joses, and 3.Simon, and 4.Judas?

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary,

1.JESUS the brother of

2.James, and

3.Joses, and of

4.Juda, and

5.Simon? and are not his

6-7sisters

here with us? And they were offended at him.

____

--->THEY MAKE THE APOSTLE PAUL OUT TO BE A LIAR

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Gal 1:19 --> But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.<--

Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

Prince George, Canada

#433912 Apr 18, 2013
From the book compiled by Larousse World Mythology

Popular myths

All that was needed for a corpse to achieve Osirian survival was for the body to receive the rites that had brought the god back to life and to have the appropriate formula recited over it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#433913 Apr 18, 2013
nobody care..me i am not care what other people say anything nice or on evil way..no

they will come in my name its not me..

as well i am not going where you going

no room for real creator less for jesus and his mother
byyyyyyyyyyyy

Prince George, Canada

#433914 Apr 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Myths and imaginations have been created/invented by the Roman Catholic Church
To destroy the Biblical account of Mary the Mother of Jesus and deny
her...THE LARGE FAMILY that she had after Jesus was born....
Which account is found in THE NEW TESTAMENT
COUNT THEM..
Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren,
1.James, and 2.Joses, and 3.Simon, and 4.Judas?
Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary,
1.JESUS the brother of
2.James, and
3.Joses, and of
4.Juda, and
5.Simon? and are not his
6-7sisters
here with us? And they were offended at him.
____
--->THEY MAKE THE APOSTLE PAUL OUT TO BE A LIAR
Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
Gal 1:19 --> But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.<--
Gal 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
You put the Catholics down, and yet you reLIE on the same bible where the data was all compiled BY none other THAN Catholics.

How silly can you be?

#433915 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The word Elohim to the Jews was GOD, and the Lord was his son Jehovah.
So ... let's see now ... Elohim must be Jesus' grandfather.
I wonder how that fits into Catholic, Protestant and Muslim theology?
FROM WEBSTERS DICTIONARY

Adonists
ADO'NISTS, n.[Heb. Lord, a scriptural title of the Supreme Being.]

Among critics, a sect or party who maintain that the Hebrew points ordinarily annexed to the consonants of the word Jehovah, are not the natural points belonging to that word, and that they do not express the true pronunciation of it; but that they are vowel points belonging to

the words,--> Adonai and Elohim, applied to the ineffable name Jehovah, which the Jews were forbid to utter, and

the true pronunciation of which was lost; they were therefore always to pronounce the word Adonai, instead of Jehovah.

Prince George, Canada

#433916 Apr 18, 2013
You just can't get a higher position than to be a funeral god.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book compiled by Larousse World Mythology

As for Osiris, once raised to the rank of god of the dead he was soon widely accepted as the chief of the funeral gods.
truth

Perth, Australia

#433917 Apr 18, 2013
you not tell me where is been first as well real Eden..

#433918 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You put the Catholics down, and yet you reLIE on the same bible where the data was all compiled BY none other THAN Catholics.
How silly can you be?
The orthodox Catholics canonized the Bible...(which means they compiled it...Put the books together)...They did not write the Bible...

Some Roman Catholics on this forum, will lie and claim they wrote it..and an can edit it at their whim...

The Holy Spirit gave the content of the Bible... to different men that wrote it down over a period of 1600 years...
truth

Perth, Australia

#433919 Apr 18, 2013
don't put to me what i did not say..i never been in Rome in this life..as well you can't call people liars..don't speak in name ordinary people...as well lucy is smart= someone who watching creation..now why i am wrong because someone liked be bigger then real Creator..
byyyyyyyyy

#433920 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly can you be?
~~~

The Roman Catholics put themselves down ...When they attempt to control the love and grace of God by claiming that they are the only one true apostolic Church....

When in actuality they are a pagan apostate church...as full of sin as a possum is fleas...teaching fables that cannot be verified by the Bible
and presenting a hopeless dead end street in eternity...Yet they continue to go through their hopeless unnecessary calisthenics and rituals..

The Bible says

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
truth

Perth, Australia

#433921 Apr 18, 2013
you not tell me about hat
now
tell me about cross
hat h=8 a=1 t=20
proverb 8;1-21
no wicked no crook

Since: Nov 08

usa

#433922 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I doubt that anyone hides from what I post.
The person might just be on a holiday somewhere.
no,he would do that,a few here do that,if you put them to the test,they stay away from here until it is forgotten,one person started a whole new forum because they couldn't handle the truth.knowledgable people scare the religious.

usa

#433923 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least that's a pleasant story concerning a supposed god.
That one about the suppose god hiring the evil devil to burn unrepentant souls in hell is a humdinger that in turn gave many people nervous breakdowns and drove others to suicide in the mindsets of "giving the devil his supposed due and getting it over with."
From my perspective, that type of teaching is child abuse and ought to be frowned upon rather than glorified as something of value.
fear was one of their weapons,parents used it to,to help keep their children from mis-behaving.in my house it was simple you stepped out of line you got smacked right back into place,and it worked,a good old butt kicking now an then will keep a child in place.i was the wild one in the family,the little daredevil,not afraid to try anything type.

usa

#433924 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I disagree. My guess is humans are not wise enough to decode many of the mysteries.
But the challenge is worth the effort, and that is what keeps humans motivated to try to solve all of the mysteries.
well,between the two of them,more than half would be solved i think.i wonder if they tried cloning eistien yet,i figured they might,since they kept so much from his body.and the world could use another eistein,this time someone who is a world leader,who is able to solve problems not through war but through words.

usa

#433925 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Freedom of expression is of the highest value to humanity.
We don't agree, but that is the challenge that makes us comprehend that others DO see life from different perspectives, and that maybe our opinions need to be adjusted to a broader way of perceiving.
if everyone thought alike not much would get accomplished,think about it.

usa

#433926 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, but I never had a profession. I worked hard at menial jobs when I was young, and did a lot of volunteering on the side.
I was and am an avid reader and that is why I post from so many different authors and opinions other than my own.
It took me years of study in and out of religion to finally believe that all I "learned" from my own religious indoctrination was simply gossip passed down through time from other gossips that also relied on fantasy.
But why I finally left religion was because I could no longer believe that a creator in good conscience would allow such suffering in all forms of life, so I quit believing that the universe was created, and decided to wait for a better explanation.
If a better explanation doesn't come ... then I will die not knowing the answer, and that is fine with me.
I refuse because of fear and apprehension to bully my self to believe what to me is nonsense.
So I wait and trust that if I am as kind to my neighbors as my selfishness allows, that if there just happens to be a hereafter ... all will be what it is supposed to be.
I basically have the same thoughts,I consider my self a realist/evolutionist,not a religious person,i believe in the reality that i witness myself and read corrobable history to dtermine what is fact and what if fiction,that's what brought me here,"the headline" a church which would not exist if it were not for an expansionist empire,declares itself gods true church,i asked for proof,and so far no one has been able to give me one shred of undeniable proof.and i doubt i'll get it...the pope. vicar of christ,francis,picked up a cripled child,hugged and kissed the child,but did not heal him,how come? if he is the continuation of the apostolic line,he should have the power to do so,other apostles did,why not him?

usa

#433927 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was customary for them to have mulitple wives and so it was accepted by the believers that a god ordained the dogma.
Yet, when those men of the Muslim faith come to America they accept monogamy.
I guess the freedom in America is more important to them than following the supposed will of Allah.
It's interesting how the mind is such a trickster.
That's because when they come here they come and pray to the true god of the earth,the god of dead presidents,he is the mightiest of all.we lie for him,we cheat for him,we steal for him,we kill for him,and work for him,we gamble for him,we will do what ever he wishes to posses him,and in return he keeps us barely alive in some cases.but he is no different than from the christian/muslim etc. god,he allows evil to spread and does nothing about it,none of the gods did/do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Crack Kills 38,622
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tide with Beach 733,001
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Seraphima 599,925
Last Word + 2 21 min Hannah V 511
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min atheism is destru... 226,344
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 25 min Hannah V 1,009
Relatives Of Burglers Become Outraged 27 min Doctor REALITY 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••