Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,407
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Perth, Australia

#433919 Apr 18, 2013
don't put to me what i did not say..i never been in Rome in this life..as well you can't call people liars..don't speak in name ordinary people...as well lucy is smart= someone who watching creation..now why i am wrong because someone liked be bigger then real Creator..
byyyyyyyyy

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#433920 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You put the Catholics down, and yet you reLIE on the same bible where the data was all compiled BY none other THAN Catholics.
How silly can you be?
~~~

The Roman Catholics put themselves down ...When they attempt to control the love and grace of God by claiming that they are the only one true apostolic Church....

When in actuality they are a pagan apostate church...as full of sin as a possum is fleas...teaching fables that cannot be verified by the Bible
and presenting a hopeless dead end street in eternity...Yet they continue to go through their hopeless unnecessary calisthenics and rituals..

The Bible says

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
truth

Perth, Australia

#433921 Apr 18, 2013
you not tell me about hat
now
tell me about cross
hat h=8 a=1 t=20
proverb 8;1-21
no wicked no crook

Since: Nov 08

usa

#433922 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I doubt that anyone hides from what I post.
The person might just be on a holiday somewhere.
no,he would do that,a few here do that,if you put them to the test,they stay away from here until it is forgotten,one person started a whole new forum because they couldn't handle the truth.knowledgable people scare the religious.

usa

#433923 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least that's a pleasant story concerning a supposed god.
That one about the suppose god hiring the evil devil to burn unrepentant souls in hell is a humdinger that in turn gave many people nervous breakdowns and drove others to suicide in the mindsets of "giving the devil his supposed due and getting it over with."
From my perspective, that type of teaching is child abuse and ought to be frowned upon rather than glorified as something of value.
fear was one of their weapons,parents used it to,to help keep their children from mis-behaving.in my house it was simple you stepped out of line you got smacked right back into place,and it worked,a good old butt kicking now an then will keep a child in place.i was the wild one in the family,the little daredevil,not afraid to try anything type.

usa

#433924 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I disagree. My guess is humans are not wise enough to decode many of the mysteries.
But the challenge is worth the effort, and that is what keeps humans motivated to try to solve all of the mysteries.
well,between the two of them,more than half would be solved i think.i wonder if they tried cloning eistien yet,i figured they might,since they kept so much from his body.and the world could use another eistein,this time someone who is a world leader,who is able to solve problems not through war but through words.

usa

#433925 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Freedom of expression is of the highest value to humanity.
We don't agree, but that is the challenge that makes us comprehend that others DO see life from different perspectives, and that maybe our opinions need to be adjusted to a broader way of perceiving.
if everyone thought alike not much would get accomplished,think about it.

usa

#433926 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, but I never had a profession. I worked hard at menial jobs when I was young, and did a lot of volunteering on the side.
I was and am an avid reader and that is why I post from so many different authors and opinions other than my own.
It took me years of study in and out of religion to finally believe that all I "learned" from my own religious indoctrination was simply gossip passed down through time from other gossips that also relied on fantasy.
But why I finally left religion was because I could no longer believe that a creator in good conscience would allow such suffering in all forms of life, so I quit believing that the universe was created, and decided to wait for a better explanation.
If a better explanation doesn't come ... then I will die not knowing the answer, and that is fine with me.
I refuse because of fear and apprehension to bully my self to believe what to me is nonsense.
So I wait and trust that if I am as kind to my neighbors as my selfishness allows, that if there just happens to be a hereafter ... all will be what it is supposed to be.
I basically have the same thoughts,I consider my self a realist/evolutionist,not a religious person,i believe in the reality that i witness myself and read corrobable history to dtermine what is fact and what if fiction,that's what brought me here,"the headline" a church which would not exist if it were not for an expansionist empire,declares itself gods true church,i asked for proof,and so far no one has been able to give me one shred of undeniable proof.and i doubt i'll get it...the pope. vicar of christ,francis,picked up a cripled child,hugged and kissed the child,but did not heal him,how come? if he is the continuation of the apostolic line,he should have the power to do so,other apostles did,why not him?

usa

#433927 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was customary for them to have mulitple wives and so it was accepted by the believers that a god ordained the dogma.
Yet, when those men of the Muslim faith come to America they accept monogamy.
I guess the freedom in America is more important to them than following the supposed will of Allah.
It's interesting how the mind is such a trickster.
That's because when they come here they come and pray to the true god of the earth,the god of dead presidents,he is the mightiest of all.we lie for him,we cheat for him,we steal for him,we kill for him,and work for him,we gamble for him,we will do what ever he wishes to posses him,and in return he keeps us barely alive in some cases.but he is no different than from the christian/muslim etc. god,he allows evil to spread and does nothing about it,none of the gods did/do.

usa

#433928 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I will post it on the forum, but please realize I wrote that poem in the 1980s when I was still heavy under the spell of religion and so I no longer relate to the words as being compatible to my present "concept" of truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Her Name Is Love
Comments about the gorgeous day
Overheard while children played
On a bench I sat, at the park,
Without a friend, my world so dark
All at once a lady there
Face serene ‘midst silver hair
Eyes told of wisdom from the soul
Lessons learned, accomplished goals
“Please show me what you’ve learned so well”
My soul cried out from its own hell
Her answer came,“That place I know
Much time I spent there long ago
Come with me to days gone by
Young woman full of pride and lies
Looking down from my snug nest
I placed myself above the rest
Position was the life me
Existence of hypocrisy
These false friends to money clung
Behind my back such mud they flung
Well, there really wasn’t much to say
Using them in my own way
Like the cows that chew their cud
We pulled each other through the mud
Through time my finger pointed
At many folks you see
But in the end, my finger curled
And pointed back at me
Thankfully there came a change
Money lost, life rearranged
I searched in vain, for my old friends
Their backs to me for their own ends
All alone down from my nest
Broken wings survived the test
Healing stronger than before
My gift of pain taught me to soar
To leave the spot upon the ground
Where for so long my soul lay bound
Forgiveness seems to be the key
We’re all blind until we see
No one is better than the flock
Just different lives, in different spots
Our lessons from the unseen school
To us, at times, might seem so cruel
But unless we suffer, in our fashion
We lack humility and compassion”
Her message told through truth that day
Spoke of my life, games I had played
“Would I learn … Could I grow?”
Suddenly, bare my soul
Tears flowed from my eyes so free
This great gift she had given me
Now I too see clear blue skies
The veil has lifted from my eyes
I turned to thank this precious one
Gazed all around, but she was gone
Her name, unknown, pulled me so
Her presence leaving such a glow
Soaring high, a gentle dove
Seemed to say …“Her name is love.”
loved it,you have a gift of word,hope you use it.ever consider writing a book? no joke.

usa

#433929 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this of interest. This man was once a friend of the pope of that era, until he became a thread to the Catholic institution. The church was created by keeping people in states of fear, and that is why the pope viewed "Quietism" as such a threat.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Michael Milinos was born in 1628, and later became what some termed a “spiritual mystic.” He wrote a book titled “The Spiritual Guide,” and it seems that he promoted some of the same ideas as today’s Quakers,(Friends).
On the cover of the book, it states …“So powerful was its influence on Europe that within 6 years of its release this book had been translated into every language in Western Europe. In Naples, Italy it was said that 20,000 Christians gathered in small groups to practice inward prayer.”
Also on the cover of the book, it states,“There have been more copies of this book burned than perhaps any other single Christian book ever published.”
Also on the book cover, are the following words …“Michael Molinos came closer to reforming the Catholic Church than any other single man in history, yet he ended up sealed in a dungeon, his book condemned. A man so controversial that even until today the Vatican will not release the transcript of his (secret) trial. Now for the first time this book appears in modern English. The first English language release in over a hundred years.
And on the book’s cover … Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated.… Papal Decree … 1687
I'm not much for reading books but this sounds interesting,will have to write this down,and see if i can find a copy. I'm a newspaper man,i read newspapers from around the country and what i can get in english from overseas,i like to know what is going on around me "today" so i can prepare for tomorrow,and i'm not going to find it in a book of questionable authenticity.

usa

#433930 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind being an outcast. I just don't want to be at odds with my own conscience.
I agree,i have no problem with people who do not see the world as i do,but people have a problem with me because i don't see it their way,i get called names and one "A-WHOLE" on here went as far as to lie an call me a pedophile because of my views about the mishandling of the child molesting that was going on,I owe that person a punch in the face for that cowardly act, i can take a lot of name calling but that particular post went to far,and a beatdown is in order,for that slanderest remark.it hits home hard for me,because i have a victim in my family,not involving a church but a well known different organization,i watch this poor person suffer inside as to what happened,they tried to bury it by the use of drugs an alcohol,it did no good of course because as soon as you regain your senses the problem is still there,i finally convinced this person to go into a hospital,get clean,then talk out what is going on inside their head,and after 20 yrs of suffering this person is now leading a normal life. the sad part is the perpertrator of this crime died before i could get to him. i live by a simple code, treat me as you wished to be treated and it will be returned twofold,harm me or my family/friends and you "WILL" wish you were never born.

usa

#433931 Apr 19, 2013
tell me ms. June VanDerMark,what are your thoughts of ancient aliens,that supposedly visited earth thousands of years ago,there is somewhat of actual proof that it is quite possible it happened,going by drawings,artifacts of flying objects,and people/aliens that do not look like the people of that time period,small spaceship looking artifacts were found made out of gold,how is that possible since the idea of flight probably never enter the minds of men going back 5000+ yrs ago? and the famous painting of the maddona with child,in the left corner is the sun,in the right corner is a man standing on a small hill pointing at what clearly shows a flying disc. did someone come to this planet and teach man how to survive? or were we put here by these people/aliens as an experiment? the acomplishments of the time period do not seem possible,a perfectly flat mountain top that was carved out in south america, with carvings dug into to them that only make sense when seen from the sky,and the pyramids so perfectly fitted together you can barely slide a piece of paper in between the stones,how is that possible with the "primitive tools" they had to work with in that time period? for the record i do believe we are not alone,the universe is just to large and to many planets exist that we can not be the only ones inhabitting it,steven hawking stated the universe is at least 500 billion square miles,and there are billions of planets,galaxies out there,some that started probably millions of years before man evolved,and these inahabitants are far more advanced than we are,and would it really be a good thing for man to meet an interact with these people/aliens?? if there is life out there would love to know before my time expires.

usa

#433932 Apr 19, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows, which is the way gods always set up the game.
This way, different denominations can make things up, then fight over who is right.
In the end, might makes right. And who cares really, because Jesus
returned and no one noticed.
When was the second coming?
The Bible is very clear in this case -- which leaves today's believers spinning like pinwheels:
MAT 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
MAR 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
LUK 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
if it's a game how do we know"all these things be done."till all these things be fulfilled." what does he mean by fulfilled? his return is suppose to be the begining of the end of the world,we're still here,so how could he have returned?

usa

#433933 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Jethro8! I'm not hiding, nor am I scared of you or anyone, I hate "no one" and I am in fear of "no one" on this forum, especially Protestant (Catholic bashing) propagandists, heretics and judgmental hypocrites, that are "here" for NO other reason!! As a former bible only Protestant, and a convert to the TRUTH and the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, I fear only God--- and his judgement of my own life, receiving HIS unconditional Love and Grace as Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12). As I have told you many times, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate. The TRUTH,(has, is and will (always) remain with Jesus Christ, in and through HIS--historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. This forum has become a Barnum and Baily "three ring circus" discussion of "editorializing" Atheists, Agnostics and bible only Protestants who rely upon "what each person thinks is true"-----This "merry-go-round" game of (personal opinionated)"Relative Truth" has been going on for over 450 years, since Luther, with Protestants--with over (42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations) and for over 2000 years with atheists and agnostics.----It is amazing all of the confusion and chaotic mumbo-jumbo, and hodge-podge of "opinionated editorial" beliefs that are "meandering their way" around this forum, in search of something, "ANYTHING" that people can desperately "latch onto"--"bits n pieces" of hear-say rhetoric, that give them a "one minute high" hope in their own personal "mixed up world" of contracting, conflicting and "relative truth" agnosticism, atheism and bible only (half-truth) Christianity.--------I/we as Catholics will just leave the "making it up" as you go along, bible only (spin the word of God) Protestantism, atheism and agnostism to you! We will continue to leave the confusion and chaos of "relativism" to you Jethro8. My family and I and the other (over) 1 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of over 2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History, along with the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers, with is confirmed and manifested in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!(not the only Church--but the One True Church) Heretics, agnostics and atheists "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----"THE CHURCH LIVES ON" and will continue to LIVE ON until the return of Jesus Christ!!
first off you have not posted "2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History,where is it? second "One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church" no such thing exists,pope benedict ix had the chair bought for him by his father,so apostolic succession can not possibly exist,or was it god that his father paid money to? you have nothing as far as true history except what the church "MADE UP",there is no corobborating proof that pagan/christian history is true. as stated before if not for the roman empire you would not have the catholic church,if you think that is wrong prove me wrong with actual "true AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE Church History" not from catholic web sites but from outside sources. and yes you are scared because you are lying because you never post any historicl proven facts. lets take a look at this you posted" Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12)" what is there to fear from a god that is of love? i would not fear him if i met him face to face,why should i,is he going to hurt mer? kill me because we met? toss me to the lions like so many christians were after the creation of his so called true church? con.

usa

#433934 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Jethro8! I'm not hiding, nor am I scared of you or anyone, I hate "no one" and I am in fear of "no one" on this forum, especially Protestant (Catholic bashing) propagandists, heretics and judgmental hypocrites, that are "here" for NO other reason!! As a former bible only Protestant, and a convert to the TRUTH and the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, I fear only God--- and his judgement of my own life, receiving HIS unconditional Love and Grace as Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12). As I have told you many times, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate. The TRUTH,(has, is and will (always) remain with Jesus Christ, in and through HIS--historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. This forum has become a Barnum and Baily "three ring circus" discussion of "editorializing" Atheists, Agnostics and bible only Protestants who rely upon "what each person thinks is true"-----This "merry-go-round" game of (personal opinionated)"Relative Truth" has been going on for over 450 years, since Luther, with Protestants--with over (42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations) and for over 2000 years with atheists and agnostics.----It is amazing all of the confusion and chaotic mumbo-jumbo, and hodge-podge of "opinionated editorial" beliefs that are "meandering their way" around this forum, in search of something, "ANYTHING" that people can desperately "latch onto"--"bits n pieces" of hear-say rhetoric, that give them a "one minute high" hope in their own personal "mixed up world" of contracting, conflicting and "relative truth" agnosticism, atheism and bible only (half-truth) Christianity.--------I/we as Catholics will just leave the "making it up" as you go along, bible only (spin the word of God) Protestantism, atheism and agnostism to you! We will continue to leave the confusion and chaos of "relativism" to you Jethro8. My family and I and the other (over) 1 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of over 2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History, along with the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers, with is confirmed and manifested in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!(not the only Church--but the One True Church) Heretics, agnostics and atheists "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----"THE CHURCH LIVES ON" and will continue to LIVE ON until the return of Jesus Christ!!
when in danger the church bought people off,i believe hanibal was the first,they went to germany kissed hitlers best side,same thing with mussolini they were in bed with him to.to protect their church,which would not be neccesary if it is gods true church,because god himself would of protected the church.it's all phony man made for profit/power only B.S. because man fears death,so we created a heaven to ease our fears of the dark. show this undenable authenticated proof,would love to read it,how the church came to power under the guidance of a god,who told his deciples to go to foriegn lands and steal everything they can and use it to build "my" church,burn books to hide the truth,leave books out that cats shadows of doubt that the catholic church is my true church,who cares that these romans enslaved,killed tortured and raped my people and my only son,they deserve to have my church built in their country.

usa

#433935 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why re post it then? Are you re considering the fantasy spell of religion? What are you looking for in life? I ask because I find it odd someone would devote so much time arguing against something they do not believe in.
For example, I couldn't imagine going on a Santa Clause forum and bashing people who believe he's real.
if you are speaking about the poem she wrote i asked her to post it,and she was kind enough to do so,so i could read it,simple as that.

usa

#433936 Apr 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you my dear. All is well with my family. God blessed my middle son and his wife with a new baby boy. He was born with Down syndrome and he will be a joy and a blessing to our family for many years to come. Good to have you here Regina, I missed talking to you......JETHRO:what did this poor child do that was so bad,that god saw fit to give this child down syndrome?

usa

#433937 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here! We as Catholics "hold together" well because we have inherited, possess, believe, worship and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, which HE HIMSELF is manifested, in and through, HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... Over 2000 years ago, Our Lord has given his true disciples and followers, His One TRUE Church--from which HE himself acknowledged and blessed it with the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and HIS overabunding COMPLETENESS of HIS GRACE. It is unfortunate that our other Protestant "brothers and sisters in Christ" fail to recognize that (we are not divided) but that we are all "ecumentically unified in "one faith, in one Savior, in one God and are one in Jesus Christ.
inherited,?? you joking right? everything inside the walls of vatican city is stolen property, taken from lands conquered by the romans,the church did not inherit anything except the art of deception.

usa

#433938 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you like to manipulate it, twist it, editorialize it, and pervert it, "as YOU see fit"....period!!!
she is right i saw it onthe news and read it in the newspapers,it's authentic verifiable history. maybe this will help you understand what i'm talking about and you'll start posting some to back yours/churches false claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min bad bob 176,343
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Hidingfromyou 824,980
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 38 min MUQ1 175
Poll Support U.S. Bill of Rights Preamble Computer P... 41 min Green Marxist 0
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 49 min janeebee 2,933
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Man 475
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,767
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,746
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Blagoja 442,391
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 hr Neelakaran 6,280
More from around the web