Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670474 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#434065 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We all make assumptions about others, or we would not be on a forum, assessing other people's posts.
You were quoting scpriptures that you indicated were specific quotes of Jesus ... when you don't have a clue whether those quotes were or were not written by men who wanted people to believe that the words were indeed uttered from a savior named Jesus.
That IS making assumptions.
Well then, your "assumption" of me is incorrect.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#434066 Apr 19, 2013
You're an embarrassment.

Your husband is a deceiver of men.

Its truly pathetic and sad as we watch your arrogance and pride get in the way of any desire for actual truth.

you'll deliberately make yourself stupid just to chug along.

??????????
This is hoe someone defends their Christian faith here????????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434067 Apr 19, 2013
who="Clay"
Do think Exodus 20:4 is separate than Exodus 20:3?
In your brain, do you think God can be jealous of a image of Mary holding the infant Jesus???
Exactly Kay, get out of the Bible interpreting business. You're an embarrassment. Your husband is a deceiver of men. We've proved it over and over. You guys rely on bearing false witness to exist as a 'religion'. Its truly pathetic and sad as we watch your arrogance and pride get in the way of any desire for actual truth.
It seems all you guys care about is being right. Man, you wanna be right so bad you'll deliberately make yourself stupid just to chug along.

You really can't read, can you? God made the real thing; Mary and Jesus were ALIVE, not graven images.

Of course God was not jealous of THEM...but He despises a graven copy of any of the LIVING things which He produced.

More of your sweet spiritedness?("They will know you by your LOVE.")

I don't have to worry about being 'right', as long as I go with what GOD says...

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434068 Apr 19, 2013
marge wrote:
30The messengers went at once to Antioch, where they called a general meeting of the believers and delivered the letter.
31And there was great joy throughout the church that day as they read this encouraging message.
Get it now Clay?
No Marge, I do not get how you think you can undo Apostolic teachings.

Jesus Christ is the Jewish Messiah. The Apostles preached Christianity as being the fulfillment of the scriptures.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#434069 Apr 19, 2013
who="Aretha123"]I thought a Christian was a Christian.

Many do not know that Christian means CHRIST-LIKE. Others do not know what He is like...or don't want to be 'like that'.

KayMarie
marge

Leesburg, GA

#434070 Apr 19, 2013
Clay, this is Judaism;

20Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434071 Apr 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Do think Exodus 20:4 is separate than Exodus 20:3?
In your brain, do you think God can be jealous of a image of Mary holding the infant Jesus???
Exactly Kay, get out of the Bible interpreting business. You're an embarrassment. Your husband is a deceiver of men. We've proved it over and over. You guys rely on bearing false witness to exist as a 'religion'. Its truly pathetic and sad as we watch your arrogance and pride get in the way of any desire for actual truth.
It seems all you guys care about is being right. Man, you wanna be right so bad you'll deliberately make yourself stupid just to chug along.
You really can't read, can you? God made the real thing; Mary and Jesus were ALIVE, not graven images.
Of course God was not jealous of THEM...but He despises a graven copy of any of the LIVING things which He produced.
More of your sweet spiritedness?("They will know you by your LOVE.")
I don't have to worry about being 'right', as long as I go with what GOD says...
KayMarie
Yeah, you go with what 'God says' alright, that's why you preach that the world is 5, 000 yrs old. You misuse the brain He gave you. Deliberate stupidity is a sin.
MICHAEL

Canada

#434072 Apr 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Really now June! Got any more of your "editorialize opinions"
to tell us??
"Millions of Jews Converting to Christianity"
www.youtube.com/watch...
You continue to "hand out" more whoppers --than Burger King!!!
Here are a couple whopper for you!

The catholic clergy preach to the followers that love, marriage, and family are essential for a healthy lifestyle, yet the very same clergy demand! and practice ONLY a singular lifestyle for themselves claiming that is normal.

The catholic clergy preach that mercy, love and forgiveness are essential virtues of the catholic church teachings, yet the church leaders condemn, women in church authority, divorced catholics, gay/lesbian people, and nuns who work with and help the poor,and are called radical feminists.

A church so confusing, that 3/4 of all baptized catholics do not even practice their faith as required......

We can't believe you think this is all OK!

UN-BELIEVABLE!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#434073 Apr 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Aretha123"]I thought a Christian was a Christian.
Many do not know that Christian means CHRIST-LIKE. Others do not know what He is like...or don't want to be 'like that'.
KayMarie
REALLY?

Well then ... according to theology ... to be Christ-like means to become a perfected Jew ... RIGHT???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#434074 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles preached Christianity as being the fulfillment of the scriptures.
Surely you jest!

If Catholics wanted be perfected Jews, they would have followed the dogmas of the Jewish Rabbis ... NOT veer off into the ditch with dogmas that were anything BUT Jewish.

Prince George, Canada

#434075 Apr 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, your "assumption" of me is incorrect.
Did you not use quotes from the bible that indicated Jesus stated those quotes?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434076 Apr 19, 2013
Aretha123 wrote:
You're an embarrassment.
Your husband is a deceiver of men.
Its truly pathetic and sad as we watch your arrogance and pride get in the way of any desire for actual truth.
you'll deliberately make yourself stupid just to chug along.
??????????
This is hoe someone defends their Christian faith here????????
unfortunately things get ugly. If you're just popping in for a moment, you might be a little surprised at the tone from Catholics. Normally, we do a remarkable job of restraining our feelings.

You have to understand this is not our first go around with these guys. We've caught them numerous times in the act of deception. When we've calmly corrected their false teaching about Catholicism, They've only grown more bitter. We are dealing with mind boggling ignorance from their camp. Its tough to talk normal to these guys. I mean, at what point do people not deserve respectful dialogue? How many lies does it take to lose respect? seriously, I still try to maintain respect.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#434077 Apr 19, 2013
“Among you there will be lying teachers who will bring in destructive sects ... And many will follow their wanton conduct, and because of them the way of truth will be maligned.”- II Peter 2:1-2

Martin Luther says:

"Moses is an executioner, a cruel lictor, a torturer a torturer who tears our flesh out with pincers and makes us suffer martyrdom ... Whoever, in the name of Christ, terrifies and troubles consciences, is not the messenger of Christ, but of the devil ... Let us therefore send Moses packing and for ever."

“If we allow them - the Commandments - any influence in our conscience, they become the cloak of all evil, heresies and blasphemies”(Comm. ad Galat, p.310).

"...we do everything of necessity and nothing by 'free-will'; for the power of 'free-will' is nil..."

“Reason is the devils handmaid and does nothing but blaspheme and dishonor all that God says or does.”

"Do not ask anything of your conscience; and if it speaks, do not listen to it; if it insists, stifle it, amuse yourself; if necessary, commit some good big sin, in order to drive it away. Conscience is the voice of Satan, and it is necessary always to do just the contrary of what Satan wishes."

“There is no scandal greater, more dangerous, more venomous, than a good outward life, manifested by good works and a pious mode of life. That is the grand portal, the highway that leads to damnation."

“To kill a peasant is not murder; it is helping to extinguish the conflagration. Let there be no half measures! Crush them! Cut their throats! Transfix them. Leave no stone unturned! To kill a peasant is to destroy a mad dog!”–“If they say that I am very hard and merciless, mercy be damned. Let whoever can stab, strangle, and kill them like mad dogs”

“I, Martin Luther, have during the rebellion slain al the peasants, for it was I who ordered them to be struck dead. All their blood is upon my head. But I put it all on our Lord God: for he commanded me to speak thus.”

“God has given the law, and nobody observes it. He has in addition instituted rod masters, drivers and urgers; so then are rulers to drive, beat, choke, hang, burn, behead, and break upon the well of the vulgar masses.”

“Like the drivers of donkeys, who have to belabor the donkeys incessantly with rods and whips, or they will not obey, so must the ruler do with the people; they must drive, beat throttle, hang, burn, behead and torture, so as to make themselves feared and to keep the people in check”
MICHAEL

Canada

#434078 Apr 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that REALLY hurt. I don't appreciate being left out of your Catholic circle any more than does Jesus the Jew.
:)
June says..........Jesus the Jew.

Michael says.......Why would God send his son to earth as a Jew claiming to be the son of God, if Jews do not practice or believe in sons of God?

......A man named Jesus born into a Jewish family, claiming to be the son of God (yet Jews don't believe in sons of God) practices his jewish faith his entire life claiming to be the son of God (yet jews don't believe in sons of God) becomes a rebel against his own jewish authority, dies a jew, and buried a Jew in jewish tradition as the son of God (yet jews don't believe in sons of God)........yet near the end of his life claims to have started an entirely new religion completely opposite of the jewish belief he lived and practiced his entire life.

If Jews do not practice or believe in sons of God, why would this Jesus be born a Jew if he claimed to be the son of God, and jews don't believe in sons of God?

makes no common sense!!

Prince George, Canada

#434079 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh btw, your opinion on what Catholicism is, does not matter. The Catholics are the ones who define their faith not you.
I can also define their faith, and their faith is whole-heartedly and explicitely based on the following LIE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#434080 Apr 19, 2013
marge wrote:
Clay, this is Judaism;
20Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.
You think THAT'S Judaism??
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#434081 Apr 19, 2013
Luther the guy the confrinter says was attacked with violence which he wasnt, but would have gladly killed the confrinter goes on to say of the Jews.

"My advice, as I said earlier, is: First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire... Second, that all their books-- their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible-- be taken from them, not leaving them one leaf, and that these be preserved for those who may be converted...Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God, to give thanks, to pray, and to teach publicly among us and in our country...Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it.

The word and work of God is quite clear, viz., that women are made to be either wives or prostitutes.”

“What harm could it do if a man told a good lusty lie in a worthy cause and for the sake of the Christian Churches?”

“I look upon God no better than a scoundrel”

“What I teach and write remains true even though the whole world should fall to pieces over it”

“Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tell’s us. Was not everybody about Him saying:‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died.”

On adding the word alone to his bible

"If your Papist annoys you with the word ('alone'- Rom. 3:28), tell him straightway, Dr. Martin Luther will have it so: Papist and ass are one and the same thing. Whoever will not have my translation, let him give it the go-by: the devil's thanks to him who censures it without my will and knowledge. Luther will have it so, and he is a doctor above all the doctors in Popedom."

"The book of Esther I toss into the Elbe. I am such an enemy to the book of Esther that I wish it did not exist, for it Judaizes too much and has in it a great deal of heathenish foolishness."

"...the epistle of St. James is an epistle full of straw, because it contains nothing evangelical."

It is worth noting that while Luther claimed for himself the right to interpret scripture according to his own view, and claimed that he was intelligent enough to judge anyone and everything by scripture alone yet he openly affirms that "We cannot claim to fathom completely the meaning of a single verse of Scripture; we succeed in apprehending only the A B C of it, and even that imperfectly." - Luther, Table-talk, trans. Gustave Brunet, Paris, Garnier, 1844, pg. 288.

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
MICHAEL

Canada

#434082 Apr 19, 2013
Christians do not know Jesus.

Christians claim Jesus was crucified and died for our sins.....yet the bible claims Jesus was crucified because he was a rebel and a small crowd of people determined his fate a choice between him or Barabas. 50/50.....heads/tails.

Christians to this day, argue over who actually killed a man named Jesus. Shouldn't christians know with total certainty who killed this man if they claim he was! killed?

Back in the day, jewish leaders stoned people to death. Romans crucified troublemakers.

Christians will do anything to blame the death of a man named Jesus on the Jews.

Christianity took the JEW out of Jesus and made him their own.

Prince George, Canada

#434083 Apr 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Madam, its not my fault you don't know jack about the religion you hate. Learn about your opponent if you wish to destroy it.
Catholicism is the fulfillment of Judaism. Always has been. Topology. Old flowing into the new.
Continuity ma'am.
The Jews did not need an "intervention" from Catholics to teach the Jews how to follow their own faith.

That is a ridiculous concept.

It's comparable to stating that the Catholics needed an intervention from Protestants to teach the Catholics how to follow their faith.

Prince George, Canada

#434084 Apr 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God is jealous over you Clay,
According to theology, the god is jealous ... period!

If he existed, he would be totally nuts.

Theology indicates that the god hates sin and yet according to theology he created Adam and Eve so that they would have physical bodies in order TO sin. Had the god not created them, they couldn't have sinned.

The theology is laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Milos Redneck 100,978
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Peter Ross 445,663
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min WildWeirdWillie 184,299
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min New Age Spiritual... 980,297
News Obama Dozed - People Froze AKA Obama's Katrina (Feb '09) 6 hr Jaydon 2,068
AT&T is run by a bunch of crooks who should be ... (Dec '14) 7 hr ATT and Verizon S... 8
the first lies ever told 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web