Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591442 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#433840 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have stood up for black people against your parents ... but my guess is, you wouldn't stand up against your imagined god and demand that "he" was wrong for wanting us to stone each other to death.
You so much fear burning in hell or being lost to salvation that you will worship an image of a god that according to theology wants humans to stone each other to death.
I have more faith that even if a god existed, he would never be THAT cruel to his own "flesh and blood."
~~~
There are people that are reacting to what they have ;earned and the way that have been treated by so called Christians...

Because of the own inabilities and concept of God they do not know how to allow Jesus to represent Himself through them, and they fail...Not because they deliberately want to hurt...but because the carnal nature does not die when a person gets born again...It is still alive and the spiritual warfare against the flesh will continues on.

That is the reason that the Apostle Paul Wrote...

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#433841 Apr 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi, you never called the Catholic Church an abortion, your wife did. And then she proceeded to tell us you both feel the same way about the Catholic Church. I'm not gonna tie you to it anymore. I also never said he accepted your apology only if you rejected your Church's teaching. Please reference my above post regarding the sequence of events. It was only after he attacked me with the name of "p---Ant" and ridiculed our teaching on baptism that I informed him of your Church's beliefs.
I would have been nice to see you say something like "Oxbow, my good friend, I do believe in baptismal regeneration as the Catholics do. Does this mean you still consider me a Christian or do you now consider me a non-Christian pagan like you do the Catholics?". But alas...
As I explained to you before...hermi and I feel the same about reunion that is what I meant so stop trying to twist anything else into it.Also..it has been explain several times in the past to the protestant here what the Orthodox Church believes. And yes, those here do know that our two church hold alot of the same beliefs.The problem is Tony...is that YOU tryed to turn the protestant against us by telling them something that they already knew. The differance is that hermi and I dont feel the need to defend our beliefs as you do...we know that you can be Christ like without shoveling your faith down someone elses throat.I pray that you and those like you will find peace and forgives in those that disagree with you as hermi and I have.
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#433842 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I removed my self from the church.
You were Catholic??

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#433843 Apr 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There are people that are reacting to what they have ;earned and the way that have been treated by so called Christians...
Because of the own inabilities and concept of God they do not know how to allow Jesus to represent Himself through them,
Oh PLEASE ... stop with the silliness. If Jesus had lived, he never reprimanded his supposed father for commanding in the old testament that people should stone each other to death. And he never reprimanded his supposed father for being a bullying brute by allowing a devil to tempt people into sin. And never did Jesus reprimand his supposed father for allowing the devil ... the most evil of all creatures from burning god's own "souls" in hell. And he never reprimanded his supposed father for being so evil as to CREATE evil.

You continually avoid those issues and carry on as though Jesus (had he lived) would have been the love of your life.

You won't learn to open your mind to new thoughts unless you rid your self of all that old nonsensical debris.
Clay

Minneapolis, MN

#433844 Apr 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
intersting clay! it seems that you're proclaiming a differnt gospel than i'm getting from reading the Gospels; a 'gospel of the eucharist' if you will, in lieu of the Gospel of Christ (jn 3:16)!
No, I'm not proclaiming a different Gospel. They are.
The Eucharist was is and always will be the pinnacle of the Christian faith. Its what Jesus taught. Its what His Apostles taught and everyone else for the first 1600 yrs of Christianity.

These born again evangelicals skimmed over Luke 24:13-35. In this passage, Our Lord makes it clear the scriptures can't be understood by us, unless we have the Eucharist.

Prince George, Canada

#433845 Apr 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You were Catholic??
NO.

My father was raised as a Catholic ... broke away from the churchway before I was born ... to one day join up with the Rosicrucian Order where he learned to believe in reincarnation.

My mother was a Lutheran, but went to other Christians services when traveling ministers came to our little town.

There was a Catholic church there, but my mother never went to a service in that church, although she never put the Catholics or others down for what they believed.

Prince George, Canada

#433846 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would you remove yourself from real CHRISTIAN church.
All Christians believe they own the one REAL Christian church.

That is why there are approximately 38,000 different denominations ... all proclaiming to know the one and only truth.

Prince George, Canada

#433847 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You can ramble on and on and on attempting to discredit God...
but down in you own heart... you know your real effort
is in the hope that
some one will give you a reason ...
for not committing spiritual suicide.
Why don't you give up your fight, and return to God...
God has not given up on you...
God never promised you a rose garden...and even roses have thorns...
If you knew how sanctimonious is your attitude, you would hang your head in shame.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven Ö Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Itís not easy to embarrass a theologian.

Prince George, Canada

#433848 Apr 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Lord makes it clear the scriptures can't be understood by us, unless we have the Eucharist.
It seems you ignore the idea that had Jesus lived he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi, and they don't practise the Eucharist.

#433849 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew how sanctimonious is your attitude, you would hang your head in shame.
~~~~

A real theologian...One that knows his Bible should not be easily

embarrassed or shaken...He has no need to call names and cast

aspersions...

The Bible says

Isa_26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed:

==>for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.<==

I don't react/respond to attempts to embarrass of offend me ...

I don't give any one that much authority or power..

If they control me...to the point that they make me react...then I have

lost control...that.... I seldom allow .

Question...

What is...Or who is it?... that you have relinquished control to...

that you would allow them...or a situation they have created... to

drive you away from God..?

Prince George, Canada

#433850 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
A real theologian...One that knows his Bible should not be easily
embarrassed or shaken...He has no need to call names and cast
aspersions...
The Bible says
Isa_26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
All people who cherry pick words from their supposed holy books as truth are certain they ARE theologians.

Prince George, Canada

#433851 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~

I don't react/respond to attempts to embarrass of offend me ...
I don't give any one that much authority or power..
If they control me...to the point that they make me react...then I have lost control...that.... I seldom allow.
When you learn to control your own emotions you won't take your own interpretations as truth. You will humble yourself and admit that you can't know what happens UNTIL it happens.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#433852 Apr 18, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>As I explained to you before...hermi and I feel the same about reunion that is what I meant so stop trying to twist anything else into it.Also..it has been explain several times in the past to the protestant here what the Orthodox Church believes. And yes, those here do know that our two church hold alot of the same beliefs.The problem is Tony...is that YOU tryed to turn the protestant against us by telling them something that they already knew. The differance is that hermi and I dont feel the need to defend our beliefs as you do...we know that you can be Christ like without shoveling your faith down someone elses throat.I pray that you and those like you will find peace and forgives in those that disagree with you as hermi and I have.
Well, I guess this is as close to an apology/retraction as we'll get. I can assure you my dear lady, that I for one do not feel the slightest amount of animosity or trepidation towards the Orthodox Church. I embrace you as brothers and sisters in Christ, even though the feelings may not be mutual by the average lay person in your community. I am encouraged by the leadership in BOTH of our Churches as they are currently engaging in a respectful and brotherly dialogue with a hopeful reunification as the goal. Deny it if you like, fight against it, cast aspersions on us, refuse if you must, but it is what Christ desires. I would like us to be on friendly terms. It's your call.
Clay

United States

#433853 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you ignore the idea that had Jesus lived he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi, and they don't practise the Eucharist.
June, Jesus was the embodiment of what a 'faithful' Jewish Rabbi would be.
The textbook Jewish Messiah was a mighty warrior with a sword that would 'save' Israel and avenge the sufferings.
Well He was. Only, it was about the human soul. Not the Earthly accomplishments of a people. Catholics are Jews in every sense of the word. Not race of course, but our embracing of the Messiah when not only came to save them, but us too.

Prince George, Canada

#433854 Apr 18, 2013
"Unbelievers deserve not only to be separated from the Church, but also... to be exterminated from the World by death."

- Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, 1271

Prince George, Canada

#433855 Apr 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
June, Jesus was the embodiment of what a 'faithful' Jewish Rabbi would be.
The textbook Jewish Messiah was a mighty warrior with a sword that would 'save' Israel and avenge the sufferings.
Well He was. Only, it was about the human soul. Not the Earthly accomplishments of a people. Catholics are Jews in every sense of the word. Not race of course, but our embracing of the Messiah when not only came to save them, but us too.
I suggest you stop trying to steal a Jew for your Catholic religion.

Jews never had and don't have anything in common with Catholic theology.

#433856 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you learn to control your own emotions you won't take your own interpretations as truth. You will humble yourself and admit that you can't know what happens UNTIL it happens.
~~~

You will humble yourself and admit that you can't know what happens UNTIL it happens.

As a Child.... I was taught at the breakfast...dinner table to say thank you ....before any food was put upon my plate...

from THAT EXPERIENCE I have learned INADVERTENTLY to say thank you ..TO GOD.... BEFORE i RECEIVE WHAT HE HAS PLANED FOR ME TO RECEIVE,

i JUST AS i KNEW (AS A CHILD) THAT MY PARENTS HAS PROVIDED FOR ME,
AND WANTED ME TO ENJOY THE FRUIT OF THEIR LABORS..

I KNOW THAT GOD

WANTS ME TO ENJOY

THE FRUITS/BENEFITS OF CALVARY'S CROSS...

THE PSALMIST WROTE

Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

___

Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

Prince George, Canada

#433857 Apr 18, 2013
The Catholic word Jesus meant Messiah, and the Jewish word Christ meant Messiah.

Jesus Christ would mean Messiah, Messiah.

By adding the word Jesus to Christ, the ex-Jew Catholics were double-dippers.

Prince George, Canada

#433858 Apr 18, 2013
This doesn't have even a semblance to Judaism, which would have been the faith of Jesus, had he existed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In 380, the Roman Christian Emperor Theodosius passed a decree that read:

"We shall believe in the single Deity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, under the concept of equal majesty and of the Holy Trinity. We command that those persons who follow this rule shall embrace the name of Catholic Christians. The rest, however, whom We adjudge demented and insane, shall sustain the infamy of heretical dogmas, their meeting places shall not receive the name of churches, and they shall be smitten first by divine vengeance and secondly by the retribution of Our own initiative, which We shall assume in accordance with the divine judgment."

Helen Ellerbe, The Dark Side of Christian History

Prince George, Canada

#433859 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You will humble yourself and admit that you can't know what happens UNTIL it happens.
As a Child.... I was taught at the breakfast...dinner table to say thank you ....before any food was put upon my plate...
from THAT EXPERIENCE I have learned INADVERTENTLY to say thank you ..TO GOD.... BEFORE i RECEIVE WHAT HE HAS PLANED FOR ME TO RECEIVE,
i JUST AS i KNEW (AS A CHILD) THAT MY PARENTS HAS PROVIDED FOR ME,
AND WANTED ME TO ENJOY THE FRUIT OF THEIR LABORS..
I KNOW THAT GOD
WANTS ME TO ENJOY
THE FRUITS/BENEFITS OF CALVARY'S CROSS...
THE PSALMIST WROTE
Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
___
Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
I understand indoctrination. Been there ... done that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Karma is a_______ 842,047
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min Good-Evil 4,826
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,239
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jimmy Savile 271,488
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,937
'Caitlyn' Jenner fiasco is a REAL embarrassment... 1 hr andet1987 3
breast rubbing 1 hr xkp 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web