Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596037 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#433719 Apr 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry these are the fairy tales you heard as a child about God.
Satan doesn't burn people in hell neither does God.
God gave man free choice, to choose between good or evil.
God is a loving forgiving father.
I am sorry you are hurting so bad, you feel you have to come on here and judge Him because of what some misguide people have told you or what other peoples understanding of God is.
You have created your own miserable hell right now, as most people have believing what man says and not what God says.
Separation from God is a dark cold lonely existence, when people have not hope. there is no joy. no love.
So people choose hell themselves. June.
I am sorry you are in such pain because God came to earth to die for your pain, Jesus died and suffered so you won't.
You have been told cruel lies about God, His love for you is endless, He died for all sin and will forgive what humans can't forgive themselves for.'THAT IS WERE HUMANS DAMNATION COMES FROM ; JUNE" they damn themselves and each other. Its not from God.
If you want me to feel good about myself, I suggest you lay off the sermons. I've heard them all through time ... didn't believe most of them, then and since I left religion don't believe any of them now.

Prince George, Canada

#433720 Apr 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of wasting your time reading this garbage, why don't you pick up the Bible and read about the love of God.
The crimes done in the name of God by man will be dealt with by God , everything under the sun has its season even sin.
I suggest you keep in mind that I studied the bible for years, saw the ongoing contradictions, and that is why I opted to take myself and my ego OUT of the bible.

It's a dangerous place to allow an ego to visit, as egos tend to take their selves WAY too seriously, and in turn tend to do a lot of harm to others.

Prince George, Canada

#433721 Apr 18, 2013
Religion - A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's definitely a pick and choose thing.
Imagine --- Jesus spoke very clearly and very often about the virtues of poverty.
They will agree on little else, but somehow BOTH Protestants and Catholics AGREE that Jesus didn't really mean it.
Nothing in the Bible even hints at Jesus wanting a giant, opulent palace to be the center of his worship -- with his most esteemed clergy being tended to by butlers and limo drivers.
It's delusional.
I try (for the most part) to not argue scripture with those who put faith IN the validity OF the scriptures, because it just fuels the fire. As you point out one scripture, they will go to another one and state ... "OH yes but you misunderstood ... you have to compare this scripture with this one over here to see the whole truth" ... and it goes on and on and on, as a never-ending saga.
Clay

United States

#433722 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People that keep the faith don't want to see contradiction in that in which they place their whole-hearted faith.
That's why they choose only scriptures that fill their own specific desires and ignore the rest.
Catholics don't. We have the Eucharist given by Jesus Christ Himself. Its a barrier against people like you. Its not something we read about and ponder the meaning. Its something we partake in. Eat. Physically experience.
If you, Old G and Confrint attempt to down play this gift or attempt to tell us we 'read' scripture wrong or we 'psychologically made ourselves believe this fairy tale', it does no good, because we have the data in our hearts. We had it ourselves! It would be like telling someone that burger they ate was really a piece of chicken.
The Eucharist is a brilliant gift by Jesus Christ. It is scripture put into motion. The Bible coming to life.

Prince George, Canada

#433723 Apr 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The crimes done in the name of God by man will be dealt with by God , everything under the sun has its season even sin.
So you admit that you believe the god of your worship IS cruel.

The theology is really silly. It states first that the god gave free will ... which was and is a lie as I didn't ask to be created. Then further on in the same theology, the god again gave free will for me to choose a realm of suffering, when the all-powerful god could have kept me safe in "his" realm of divine love, which is where he supposedly wants me to end my journey. Then the next part of the insane theology states that after giving me freedom to choose my own path, knowing I would suffer ... the god commands me to follow "his" will, or suffer another penalty in a hereafter.

The men that created the dogmas were about as stupid as it gets ... but people adore that promise of salvation and so they keep on believing that a Jewish god came to earth to save only Christians.

Such idiocy ought to be written up in a comic book.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#433725 Apr 18, 2013
Longshanks wrote:
<quoted text>
What bothers you about this statement Elizabeth? I really think you are misinterpreting the statement.
He is not saying you can't believe as methodist, lutheran, etc. He is merely saying the Catholic church is the true church of Christ. It doesn't mean anyone is being excluded from salvation.
Brilliant! Excellent points.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#433726 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I will post it on the forum, but please realize I wrote that poem in the 1980s when I was still heavy under the spell of religion and so I no longer relate to the words as being compatible to my present "concept" of truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Her Name Is Love
Comments about the gorgeous day
Overheard while children played
On a bench I sat, at the park,
Without a friend, my world so dark
All at once a lady there
Face serene ‘midst silver hair
Eyes told of wisdom from the soul
Lessons learned, accomplished goals
“Please show me what you’ve learned so well”
My soul cried out from its own hell
Her answer came,“That place I know
Much time I spent there long ago
Come with me to days gone by
Young woman full of pride and lies
Looking down from my snug nest
I placed myself above the rest
Position was the life me
Existence of hypocrisy
These false friends to money clung
Behind my back such mud they flung
Well, there really wasn’t much to say
Using them in my own way
Like the cows that chew their cud
We pulled each other through the mud
Through time my finger pointed
At many folks you see
But in the end, my finger curled
And pointed back at me
Thankfully there came a change
Money lost, life rearranged
I searched in vain, for my old friends
Their backs to me for their own ends
All alone down from my nest
Broken wings survived the test
Healing stronger than before
My gift of pain taught me to soar
To leave the spot upon the ground
Where for so long my soul lay bound
Forgiveness seems to be the key
We’re all blind until we see
No one is better than the flock
Just different lives, in different spots
Our lessons from the unseen school
To us, at times, might seem so cruel
But unless we suffer, in our fashion
We lack humility and compassion”
Her message told through truth that day
Spoke of my life, games I had played
“Would I learn … Could I grow?”
Suddenly, bare my soul
Tears flowed from my eyes so free
This great gift she had given me
Now I too see clear blue skies
The veil has lifted from my eyes
I turned to thank this precious one
Gazed all around, but she was gone
Her name, unknown, pulled me so
Her presence leaving such a glow
Soaring high, a gentle dove
Seemed to say …“Her name is love.”
Very touching!
Clay

United States

#433727 Apr 18, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>yes dustie it started with clay attacking two orthodox that were in this room and I defended them.....thats were it all began...
I believe it was an Orthodox that popped on here for a post and attacked the Catholic Church. They said we are a false church Blah Blah; we are full of pedophiles etc. So I countered with a matter-of-fact argument. Then you unleashed a tirade about child sexual abuse being a exclusively a Catholic thing.
Did I 'attack' two Orthodox? No. I responded to false accusations is all. If anything, I counter attacked.

Prince George, Canada

#433728 Apr 18, 2013
The theology indicates that the god is devious indeed.

"He would have known that I would suffer, but I wouldn't have known.

It's common sense that if the god warned me that by falling into sin I would suffer horrific pain, I would have chosen to stay safe and travel as a companion to the god.

For instance ... do you really believe that if the god warned a little girl ahead of time that she would be raped and held in bondage by a sadistic madman for years before he finally relieved her of her suffing by killing her, that she would say ... "I'd love to go to earth GOD and suffer such misery" ... do you honestly believe that bullshit???

So the god didn't forewarn the travellers ahead of time. That means that the god is PURE EVIL!!!"

I'm making an analogy for you concerning the idiocy of such theology.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#433729 Apr 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
i just realized HOJO is not here,went through a number of pages and i haven't seen his name,June VanDerMark,you scared him away.he hates people who know the truth of the pagan/christian church,and you have the odacity to post it,for shame,posting the truth in his eyes, is forbidden here....wonder where he is hiding.
Sorry to disappoint you Jethro8! I'm not hiding, nor am I scared of you or anyone, I hate "no one" and I am in fear of "no one" on this forum, especially Protestant (Catholic bashing) propagandists, heretics and judgmental hypocrites, that are "here" for NO other reason!! As a former bible only Protestant, and a convert to the TRUTH and the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, I fear only God--- and his judgement of my own life, receiving HIS unconditional Love and Grace as Paul tells us to work out my Salvation, with trembling and fear" (Phil 2:12). As I have told you many times, there is NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to deliberate. The TRUTH,(has, is and will (always) remain with Jesus Christ, in and through HIS--historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. This forum has become a Barnum and Baily "three ring circus" discussion of "editorializing" Atheists, Agnostics and bible only Protestants who rely upon "what each person thinks is true"-----This "merry-go-round" game of (personal opinionated)"Relative Truth" has been going on for over 450 years, since Luther, with Protestants--with over (42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations) and for over 2000 years with atheists and agnostics.----It is amazing all of the confusion and chaotic mumbo-jumbo, and hodge-podge of "opinionated editorial" beliefs that are "meandering their way" around this forum, in search of something, "ANYTHING" that people can desperately "latch onto"--"bits n pieces" of hear-say rhetoric, that give them a "one minute high" hope in their own personal "mixed up world" of contracting, conflicting and "relative truth" agnosticism, atheism and bible only (half-truth) Christianity.--------I/we as Catholics will just leave the "making it up" as you go along, bible only (spin the word of God) Protestantism, atheism and agnostism to you! We will continue to leave the confusion and chaos of "relativism" to you Jethro8. My family and I and the other (over) 1 Billion Catholics around the world, will continue to remain with the TRUTH of over 2000 years of AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE True Church History, along with the TRUE interpretation of the bible from the Early Church Fathers, with is confirmed and manifested in Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!(not the only Church--but the One True Church) Heretics, agnostics and atheists "have come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET----"THE CHURCH LIVES ON" and will continue to LIVE ON until the return of Jesus Christ!!

Prince George, Canada

#433730 Apr 18, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Very touching!
Not to me anymore. I wrote it when I was under the fantasy spell of religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#433731 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I try (for the most part) to not argue scripture with those who put faith IN the validity OF the scriptures, because it just fuels the fire. As you point out one scripture, they will go to another one and state ... "OH yes but you misunderstood ... you have to compare this scripture with this one over here to see the whole truth" ... and it goes on and on and on, as a never-ending saga.
~~~

You wrote

you have to compare this scripture with this one over here to see the whole truth" ... and it goes on and on and on, as a never-ending saga.

___

As far as I am concerned you are wasting your time exercising your fingers...

I would die before I would change what I know to be the truth...

so you options are set with me....You can waste you time here or you can take a hike.

As I have posted before I have been a Christian probably longer than you are old...

My God that you claim that is not existent...

Has healed me of Arthritis of the spine delivered me from a steel brace that
I was to wear all my life.

Has instantly healed my wife of a broken hip and thigh from injuries in an automobile accident.

Met my needs in raising nine Children seven by birth and two adopted...

Daily loads my life with benefits....and on and on.

I have enjoyed God's benefits all my life...

I was given the wisdom to serve God as .and received Him as a small child...

As I said before You might as well move on...

I'm not listening to one word you post...no matter what you say...

I KNOW BETTER....

Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
truth

Perth, Australia

#433732 Apr 18, 2013
Poor our lovely peasant..are you for sure rich people never past away..oh oh rich people never eat peasant product..why should be?
As well they never past away..less they never see any funeral..must be they lived so long ..how much 10 000 years.
truth

Perth, Australia

#433733 Apr 18, 2013
Why is wrong be poor?
Clay

United States

#433734 Apr 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you my dear. All is well with my family. God blessed my middle son and his wife with a new baby boy. He was born with Down syndrome and he will be a joy and a blessing to our family for many years to come. Good to have you here Regina, I missed talking to you.
That's great Anthony. I'm not sure I told anyone on this forum, but my youngest son has Autism. It is a struggle no doubt. But man, the joy he brings to everyone around him. These kids with disabilities are a witness for us. They are close to God. My son thinks WE are the ones who are different. And he's absolutely right. Have a great day and lets get out of this terrible MN weather.
Clay

United States

#433735 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to me anymore. I wrote it when I was under the fantasy spell of religion.
Why re post it then? Are you re considering the fantasy spell of religion? What are you looking for in life? I ask because I find it odd someone would devote so much time arguing against something they do not believe in.
For example, I couldn't imagine going on a Santa Clause forum and bashing people who believe he's real.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#433736 Apr 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=====
==========
The Catholics on this forum are good people and hold together amazingly well DUST STORM
No surprise here! We as Catholics "hold together" well because we have inherited, possess, believe, worship and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ, which HE HIMSELF is manifested, in and through, HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... Over 2000 years ago, Our Lord has given his true disciples and followers, His One TRUE Church--from which HE himself acknowledged and blessed it with the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and HIS overabunding COMPLETENESS of HIS GRACE. It is unfortunate that our other Protestant "brothers and sisters in Christ" fail to recognize that (we are not divided) but that we are all "ecumentically unified in "one faith, in one Savior, in one God and are one in Jesus Christ.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433737 Apr 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't. We have the Eucharist given by Jesus Christ Himself. Its a barrier against people like you. Its not something we read about and ponder the meaning. Its something we partake in. Eat. Physically experience.
If you, Old G and Confrint attempt to down play this gift or attempt to tell us we 'read' scripture wrong or we 'psychologically made ourselves believe this fairy tale', it does no good, because we have the data in our hearts. We had it ourselves! It would be like telling someone that burger they ate was really a piece of chicken.
The Eucharist is a brilliant gift by Jesus Christ. It is scripture put into motion. The Bible coming to life.
Why wasn't Jesus more clear, leading to so much misunderstanding about eating Jesus flesh. There was even much debate in your own church. It took over 1500 years to officially define it.

But of course, your mind can't process that reality, because it's only a delusion in the first place.

Here's some reality. Your church claims to have many physical miracles where the bread turned to flesh.

Great, test it. The DNA from different eras should match. But church leaders know that would be a foolish thing to do, because deep down inside, they know this miracle stuff is all baloney.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#433738 Apr 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was under the spell of religion I made the big mistake of believing I had some answers.
Then I woke up and realized all I had were opinions.
That is when I finally shed the last remnants of religion and realized that theologians had owned part of my psyche for far too long ... and I wouldn't allow it anymore.
Fear does that to people that can not see the forrest for the trees.
Religion - A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#433739 Apr 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why re post it then? Are you re considering the fantasy spell of religion? What are you looking for in life? I ask because I find it odd someone would devote so much time arguing against something they do not believe in.
For example, I couldn't imagine going on a Santa Clause forum and bashing people who believe he's real.
If religion were fact, then no one would call a challenge or disagreement "bashing." People would simply defend with verifiable facts and logic. No problem.

But it's a delusion - with no facts or physical evidence. So you call any disagree "bashing." This is typical of a delusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 854,268
Amazon Gift Card Generator - WORKING (May '13) 11 min frankie 11
Delhi me koi randi hai to wechat pe msz kar muj... (Oct '13) 14 min rohit xxx 20
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min MUQ2 40,691
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 20 min MUQ2 641
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min andet1987 6,127
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min ChristineM 444,197
The Christian Atheist debate 35 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 847
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 272,083
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 100,733
More from around the web